PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you recommend "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" for someone that dislikes Walking Simulators, but likes good stories?
No, I wouldn't recommend it. While it is far better than Everyone's Gone to the Rapture (I will forever hate that game), the story isn't intriguing enough to recommend to someone who doesn't like walking sims.

Started playing the Crash Bandicoot trilogy and, wow, this is the way to do a remaster. Having to get used to the ridgid platforming controls (actually got a game over on the first stage falling into the pits over and over, lol).

But man does it look gorgeous.
Was sitting here thinking if I should get it digitally and looks like you convinced me haha

Started playing the Crash Bandicoot trilogy and, wow, this is the way to do a remaster. Having to get used to the ridgid platforming controls (actually got a game over on the first stage falling into the pits over and over, lol).

But man does it look gorgeous.
Yeah, they did an excellent job with these games. I just finished Crash 1 after almost throwing my controller across the room in Slippery Climb. Now I'm already halfway through Crash 2.

This is an excellent remake.

Mechanics are great and the graphics are simply gorgeous. It is a steal at this price.
They butchered the plot though, not that most people play Ratchet and Clank for the plot. I love the whole series though, and would suggest ti to anyone. Definitely check out the remake, if you like that maybe pick up the Ratchet and Clank collection on PS3 or Vita for cheap and play the original trilogy too.

They butchered the plot though, not that most people play Ratchet and Clank for the plot. I love the whole series though, and would suggest ti to anyone. Definitely check out the remake, if you like that maybe pick up the Ratchet and Clank collection on PS3 or Vita for cheap and play the original trilogy too.
It has been a long time since I played it on ps2 but what did they butcher? I didn't notice anything when I played the remaster. You could pm me to avoid spoilers.

It has been a long time since I played it on ps2 but what did they butcher? I didn't notice anything when I played the remaster. You could pm me to avoid spoilers.
For me it really comes down to completely changing the main villain and flattening out Ratchet and Qward's characterizations.

But I've seen at least one hour long dissection on the subject. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kD_QhYgIA4

The problem with the plot of the new game is that they tie it into the movie in such a way that there are elements only in the game that would've helped the movie and vice versa, which was a poor way to handle it. The main knock I have with the original is that the final boss fight is one of the worst in gaming history for a game that nearly ruins such a good game.

The main knock I have with the original is that the final boss fight is one of the worst in gaming history for a game that nearly ruins such a good game.
I feel the same way about Crash 2 which was perfect otherwise (besides the lack of relics/time trials). I really hope the remake fixed it.

Does the remake fix the R&C final boss?

The problem with the plot of the new game is that they tie it into the movie in such a way that there are elements only in the game that would've helped the movie and vice versa, which was a poor way to handle it. The main knock I have with the original is that the final boss fight is one of the worst in gaming history for a game that nearly ruins such a good game.
How do you mean? The forced platform sections and the comically large health bar, or something else?

How do you mean? The forced platform sections and the comically large health bar, or something else?
When you die during the boss fight, you don't regain any ammo. If you don't beat it right away in the first few attempts, you just run out of ammo for the weapons you're using and you're left with your only option being to hope ammo crates drop the ammo you want, which is really poor design. I had a lot of trouble with it back in the day and ended up giving up on the game because it was such a frustrating and poorly-designed fight.

Anyone play Kholat?  Looks fun, and I am interested in the type of events that this is based upon.  (Whole expedition dies / missing without a solid solution)

I picked up a vita today with some of that sweet Gamestop flip money. What's the chance we'll see Persona 4 Golden on sale this week with part 2? Does it go on sale offen? Have a backlog of games on the Vita built up but really want that.

Side note those memory card prices are beyond ridiculous

I picked up a vita today with some of that sweet Gamestop flip money. What's the chance we'll see Persona 4 Golden on sale this week with part 2? Does it go on sale offen? Have a backlog of games on the Vita built up but really want that.

Side note those memory card prices are beyond ridiculous
There won't be a part 2.

What? They have ps3 deals now? When did this happen? I checked the Mid Year Sale on the 1st day and all the deals were for ps4

I just seriously sat down and looked at the PS3 sales. Holy crap so many great games for cheap.

Can someone tell me about Jak and Daxter? I've played Sly and Ratchet games, but somehow skipped over Jak. Debating Vita version, even though I'm sure it's janky.
1st game is much like others of the time period. 3d platforming/item collection. Its good if rough around the edges with a number of orbs tedious to grab due to being hidden everywhere and in poorly done areas you need to jump to. the 2nd game is a completely different experience and is more grand theft auto lite. I didn't care for it. Never bothered with the 3rd because of the second.

Anyone know if ADR1FT will ever get PSVR support?  If so, it seems like a nice deal at $2.99.  If not, I'm not sure it is worth it.  Also, any thoughts on How to Survive 2?  Thanks in advance.

Just waiting on that $15 coupon Wednesday and will probably get Disgaea 5 as my last purchase. Went digital on Ratchet and Clank and also got Shadow of the Beast.

Shadow of the Beast is actually really good. Never played the original but pretty cool side scroller with a nice graphical style.

That boss fight really sucked. Can't imagine younger kids having the patience to beat it, I felt it was cheap in a couple of points especially for the kind of game R&C is (from my pov).

The R&C 2016 remake made me fall in love with the series so i am playing through the entire series for the first time. So goood! The PS2 HDcollection on PS3 looks really good. Obviously not as good at the Remake which is easily the best looking game of this gen but everything looks super sharp and clean. I agree they completely butchered the story in teh remake and the movie. They trivialized the main villain and brought in a villain from another game. That's just lame. Also original game has some really great sarcastic banter between Ratchet and Clank and character development with some seriously funny bust out laughing moments.

In the remake R&C never actually look at eachother, they just look at the camera looking cute so they could sell plushy dolls to the kids. Feels like a cash grab but again this is only something you will notice if you play the original.

When you die during the boss fight, you don't regain any ammo. If you don't beat it right away in the first few attempts, you just run out of ammo for the weapons you're using and you're left with your only option being to hope ammo crates drop the ammo you want, which is really poor design. I had a lot of trouble with it back in the day and ended up giving up on the game because it was such a frustrating and poorly-designed fight.
Once you acquire the PDA about half way through the game you can buy ammo anywhere at any time for your weapons so ammo should not be an issue especially combined with the bolt glitch.

Once you acquire the PDA about half way through the game you can buy ammo anywhere at any time for your weapons so ammo should not be an issue especially combined with the bolt glitch.
Yeah, except the game never directly tells you about the item, it's a kinda hidden side quest you can easily miss

I just seriously sat down and looked at the PS3 sales. Holy crap so many great games for cheap.

Can someone tell me about Jak and Daxter? I've played Sly and Ratchet games, but somehow skipped over Jak. Debating Vita version, even though I'm sure it's janky.
First game is typical 3d platformer/collectathon, 2nd is GTA-lite with hover cars that control pretty badly, and 3 is mad max-lite.
The games are fun, but have extreme difficulty spikes that pop up randomly.

Jak and Daxter is one of, if not, the best 3D platformers of all-time with great controls and a sandbox structure to the worlds so that you're never enduring load screens or hub worlds. Jak 2 is a weird open world GTA-style game that has bad vehicle controls, some poor missions, and some great platforming and combat missions. Jak 3 is where they pulled off what they were attempting with Jak 2 in a much better way that made more sense. It's well worth getting for at least two of the games, though the Vita version is supposed to be the worst of the three big platformer collections on Vita from what I've read. PS3 would be the best way to experience those games.

Jak The Precursor Legacy is a fun, colorful, cheerful, lighthearted open world 3d platforming collectathon. Still have no idea how they managed to make such a huge seemless open world with no load screens. Game was way ahead of it's time and I can see why so many people fell in love with this game. Easy platinum.

I played Bloodborne and Nioh and they ain't got nothing on Jak 2's difficulty. There's a trophy called Testosterone. Sounds about right because this game will make you a man. Can't see how kids could beat this game. Out of all the games I have ever platinumed this will be my crowning achievement once I finish it. It's not overly difficult but the lack of checkpoints means you will have to be ready to replay missions a couple of times and get gud! Still I am enjoying it and it's fun to see Naughty Dog's early work. Some smart puzzle designs.

Actually I am really enjoying playing through the Ratchet, Sly and Jak collections. They hold up really well. The sale came at a perfect time.

Jak The Precursor Legacy is a fun, colorful, cheerful, lighthearted open world 3d platforming collectathon. Still have no idea how they managed to make such a huge seemless open world with no load screens. Game was way ahead of it's time and I can see why so many people fell in love with this game. Easy platinum.

I played Bloodborne and Nioh and they ain't got nothing on Jak 2's difficulty. There's a trophy called Testosterone. Sounds about right because this game will make you a man. Can't see how kids could beat this game. Out of all the games I have ever platinumed this will be my crowning achievement once I finish it. It's not overly difficult but the lack of checkpoints means you will have to be ready to replay missions a couple of times and get gud! Still I am enjoying it and it's fun to see Naughty Dog's early work. Some smart puzzle designs.

Actually I am really enjoying playing through the Ratchet, Sly and Jak collections. They hold up really well. The sale came at a perfect time.
I imagine the huge ass memory space a single game takes up is the reason why it didn't have many problems. Likely the same thing happened with the .hack quad since they also take up a crap load of space. So much so that I had to buy another memory card since all 4 games can't fit on one. Luckily I had already bought 5 or so by the time I played jak and Daxter

The R&C 2016 remake made me fall in love with the series so i am playing through the entire series for the first time. So goood! The PS2 HDcollection on PS3 looks really good. Obviously not as good at the Remake which is easily the best looking game of this gen but everything looks super sharp and clean. I agree they completely butchered the story in teh remake and the movie. They trivialized the main villain and brought in a villain from another game. That's just lame. Also original game has some really great sarcastic banter between Ratchet and Clank and character development with some seriously funny bust out laughing moments.

In the remake R&C never actually look at eachother, they just look at the camera looking cute so they could sell plushy dolls to the kids. Feels like a cash grab but again this is only something you will notice if you play the original.
I am hopeful that this will be a PS Plus game in the coming year.

Jak and Daxter is one of, if not, the best 3D platformers of all-time with great controls and a sandbox structure to the worlds so that you're never enduring load screens or hub worlds. Jak 2 is a weird open world GTA-style game that has bad vehicle controls, some poor missions, and some great platforming and combat missions. Jak 3 is where they pulled off what they were attempting with Jak 2 in a much better way that made more sense. It's well worth getting for at least two of the games, though the Vita version is supposed to be the worst of the three big platformer collections on Vita from what I've read. PS3 would be the best way to experience those games.
plus like 5 other reviews.

Okay, thanks!

I"m pretty sold... I think I want it on Vita though... my PS3 isn't even hooked up. I know it'll be better there, but I also know I'll more likely play it on vita. Same with steam indies.

I remember the boss being a pain when I was a kid, but when I went back for the HD collection I breezed right though it. Maybe I'm just more used to this kind of game now, so I don't hold anything against Ultimate Supreme Executive Chairman Drek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back