PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
All the games are up.

I recommend only grabbing the GoT Season Pass and waiting on the individual episodes until next month when the Plus discount expires on them.

The reason I say this is because once you buy the season pass, all the individual episodes should be free for purchase. If you grab them individually when they're not receiving a PS+ discount, they should be yours to keep forever even if your + lapses.

Similar thing happened with LiS last month except they weren't on + discount so you were able to buy them to keep immediately.

Example:

Life Is Strange™ - Episode 2 Starts 06/10/2017 Expires - Remaining -

vs.

Life is Strange Season Pass Starts 06/10/2017 Expires 09/19/2017 Remaining -

All the games are up.

I recommend grabbing the GoT Season Pass and waiting on the individual episodes until next month when the Plus discount expires on them.

The reason I say this is because once you buy the season pass, all the individual episodes should be free for purchase. If you grab them individually when they're not receiving a PS+ discount, they should be yours to keep forever even if your + lapses.

Similar thing happened with LiS last month except they weren't on + discount so you were able to buy them to keep immediately.

Example:

Life Is Strange™ - Episode 2 Starts 06/10/2017 Expires - Remaining -

vs.

Life is Strange Season Pass Starts 06/10/2017 Expires 09/19/2017 Remaining -

Edit: NM. I actually did it right.

Are you sure about them being free later though? It wouldn't allow me to get the episodes after I got the season pass. Figured it would be the same after the Plus free period.

@ awp, didn't you do what BobbyTastic recommended?  Grab Season Pass now, then next month  you should be able to get the episodes free, if I understand BT's recommendation.

I haven't selected anything yet.  This shouldn't be hard, silly me.

Edit: NM. I actually did it right.

Are you sure about them being free later though? It wouldn't allow me to get the episodes after I got the season pass. Figured it would be the same after the Plus free period.
Positive. The individual Life is Strange episodes last month weren't "Free" for my account via the site until I bought the Season Pass.

Right now after buying the Season Pass for GoT all the episodes show up as "Free" on the store without any yellow text.

HOWEVER, when I add them to cart, it gives me the PS+ item warning. If someone wants to take the risk and buy the individual episodes immediately after the season pass (don't add them all in the same cart, checkout with the season pass first), that'd be helpful. But regardless, the individual episodes will be free to purchase/own next month provided you're an owner of the season pass through PS+ (and you're still subbed).

Positive. The individual Life is Strange episodes last month weren't "Free" for my account via the site until I bought the Season Pass.

Right now after buying the Season Pass for GoT all the episodes show up as "Free" on the store without any yellow text.

HOWEVER, when I add them to cart, it gives me the PS+ item warning. If someone wants to take the risk and buy the individual episodes immediately after the season pass (don't add them all in the same cart, checkout with the season pass first), that'd be helpful. But regardless, the individual episodes will be free to purchase/own next month provided you're an owner of the season pass through PS+ (and you're still subbed).
Cool. I'm good with the pass for now.

I just remembered that I have an even better example of this that should serve as proof of my claim.

I got Tales from the Borderlands Season Pass back in April when it was free with +.

Just went back and saw all the individual episodes were free to purchase still.

Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass Starts 05/03/2017 Expires 09/19/2017 Remaining -

vs.

Tales from the Borderlands: Episode Two Starts 07/04/2017 Expires - Remaining -

I would suggest everyone grab the individual episodes for Tales from the Borderlands before their PS+ sub lapses if they can.

The R&C 2016 remake made me fall in love with the series so i am playing through the entire series for the first time. So goood! The PS2 HDcollection on PS3 looks really good. Obviously not as good at the Remake which is easily the best looking game of this gen but everything looks super sharp and clean. I agree they completely butchered the story in teh remake and the movie. They trivialized the main villain and brought in a villain from another game. That's just lame. Also original game has some really great sarcastic banter between Ratchet and Clank and character development with some seriously funny bust out laughing moments.

In the remake R&C never actually look at eachother, they just look at the camera looking cute so they could sell plushy dolls to the kids. Feels like a cash grab but again this is only something you will notice if you play the original.
Yea I played the original just way back when it first came out so it's been a while. I did notice slight changes such nefarious being in it and the final boss battle just wasn't sure if there was anything else I missed that they changed.

For this week's sales did they just add games to the mid yr sale list? It's kind of making it difficult to find what is newly on sale
"Head over to PS Store over the next couple of weeks to pick up titles like Rayman Legends, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor – Game of the Year Edition and Madden 17 as well as films like Underworld: Blood Wars, Independence Day: Resurgence and more. Check out the full lineup below, but don’t wait too long – our Mid-Year Sale ends July 11th at 8 AM Pacific."

At least it was a great sale.  I do wish there was a second bonus round tho.   Specifically, one that put Salt & Sanctuary on sale.

Thanks. I hope we get something like the previous double ps+ sale 2 weeks ago. I am actually looking to buy the trials fusion base game etc. since i got a season pass doing gamestop trades

I'm not seeing anything new that was added today, but here's the PS+ lineup for July:

July’s PS+ Games

:ps3: Darkstalkers Resurrection

:ps4: :vita: Don’t Die, Mr. Robot!

:vita: Element4l

:ps4: Game of Thrones - Season Pass

:ps4: Game of Thrones Episode 2

:ps4: Game of Thrones Episode 3

:ps4: Game of Thrones Episode 4

:ps4: Game of Thrones Episode 5

:ps4: Game of Thrones Episode 6

:ps4: That’s You!

:ps3: Tokyo Jungle

:ps4: Until Dawn

Don't Die, Mr. Robot!, Tokyo Jungle, and Until Dawn are the recommendations I have for this month. DDMR is a fun, classicly-styled arcade game. Tokyo Jungle is great weird Sony as a weird action survival game with a nice sense of humor. Until Dawn is the only horror game I've ever beaten, which says a lot for a genre I don't enjoy 99% of the time.

I'm guessing that tomorrow will be the main sale/release day for this week due to the holiday, though most of the new releases are on Friday.

This is random and off-topic, but all of a sudden whenever I click on a link someone has posted here I get a "bad request" error. This is on mobile through my phone. Everything works fine on a computer.

Any suggestions?

Is the Playstation Platinum headset any good? Got a PS VR and am looking to get a nice headset to use with it, the sound profiles for the Platinum sound cool.

Is the Playstation Platinum headset any good? Got a PS VR and am looking to get a nice headset to use with it, the sound profiles for the Platinum sound cool.
I genuinely love my Gold's, so I can imagine the Platinum's are equally or better than the Gold's. No wires, no external mic sitting in your face. All in all, +1 from me.

Ended picking up
Freedom wars
Tearaway
Sly Cooper collection (vita)
Shadow of the beast
Unfinished swan

I'll be busy with the vita for awhile

So Europe gets a great sale while we get a 2nd week of an overrated sale just because Mordor and a remastered PS3 game are 4 bucks.

That Yakuza 0 price is amazing.

I just can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on Crash yet. I have hundreds of games in my backlog I've never touched but that series does hold a special place in my gaming nostalgia. I would like to think with it already being 39.99 that it won't drop quite as soon as most but who knows.
It might mess with that nostalgia a bit. Dont get me wrong the remakes are awesome but they also have very bad hit detection, jumping mechanics arent as fluid as the originals, and there seems to be oil on the edge of everything because crash slides right off any edge he stands/lands on

So Europe gets a great sale while we get a 2nd week of an overrated sale just because Mordor and a remastered PS3 game are 4 bucks.

This is exactly how I feel about the sale.

And that yakuza price is half of the lowest price we've gotten since launch :cry: . It's fine though, I would rather have a physical of Yakuza anyway.

Here are the new deals that I've got right now:

:ps3: Ace Combat Infinity - Stocked Fuel 10 Units + 1 Free Unit - $7.55 - 16% Off - Ends 7/11

:ps3: Ace Combat Infinity - Stocked Fuel 50 Units + 10 Free Units - $35.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/11

:ps4: Conga Master - $8.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 7/21

:ps4: Last Day of June - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 8/18

:ps4: Paladins - Founder’s Pack - $13.39 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League Game of the Year Edition - $12.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Aftershock - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Back to the Future Cap Pack - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Cap Pack - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Chaos Run DLC Pack - $2.39 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Esper - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Hot Wheels Bone Shaker - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Hot Wheels Twin Mill III - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Marauder - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Masamune - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - NBA Flag Pack - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Proteus - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC Pack - $2.39 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Supersonic Fury DLC Pack - $2.39 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Triton - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Rocket League - Vulcan - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Smite - Ultimate God Pack Bundle - $20.09 - 33% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: War Thunder - A43 Black Prince Advanced Pack - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: War Thunder - Heavy Armor Advanced Pack - $39.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: War Thunder - Heavy Tank No 6 Advanced Pack - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: War Thunder - KI-87 Advanced Pack - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: War Thunder - King Tiger Advanced Pack - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: War Thunder - P-38K Advanced Pack - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: War Thunder - Shielded T-34E Advanced Pack - $12.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: War Thunder - T29 Advanced Pack - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: War Thunder - Typhoon Advanced Pack - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: War Thunder - Ultra Advanced Pack - $39.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Warframe - 170 Platinum - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Warframe - 370 Platinum - $12.99 - 35% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Warframe - 1000 Platinum + Rare Mod - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Warframe - 2100 Platinum + Dual Rare Mod - $54.99 - 45% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4: Warframe - 3210 Platinum + Triple Rare Mod - $74.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19

Here are the freebies:

Demos

:ps4: SpeedRunners

Add-ons

:ps4: God Wars Future Past - Additional Scenario 2 - Free

:vita: God Wars Future Past - Additional Scenario 2 - Free

:ps4: Valkyria Revolution - Scenario Pack: The Circle of Five - Free

:vita: Valkyria Revolution - Scenario Pack: The Circle of Five - Free

LocoRoco Remastered Avatar Bundle - Free

Trove Boomeranger Avatar - Free

Some other notable releases:

:ps4: SpeedRunners - $14.99

Thoughts on Tales of Zesteria for this price? I played and loved Tales of Symphonia but have not indulged in the series since then. I've been on a big JRPG kick lately.

Thoughts on Tales of Zesteria for this price? I played and loved Tales of Symphonia but have not indulged in the series since then. I've been on a big JRPG kick lately.
It’s okay but one of the poorest of the series that I’ve played at least. Tales of Berseria is a much better game IMO. A lot darker than other Tales games but really good. I’d personally wait for a sale on it over Zesteria.

Physical is currently on sale for $30 at GameStop but will probably get better sales.

I enjoyed Tales of Zestiria, but there is a good amount of justified dislike towards the game due to its story and pacing. It has some camera issues, and the story contradicts itself multiple times, but the combat is great and I liked the characters. For $15 I'd consider it worth it. Tales of Berseria, released this year but a prequel to Zestiria, is the better game for sure, but not on sale :)

Reminder: Those of you that qualified for the $15 cash back promo should get your codes later today.
Thanks for info, I was just wondering this as well.

On a slightly related note, does anyone have the PlayStation Visa? I checked my balance and am close to enough points for a $20 PS Credit. They give you extra rewards points for seeing Sony movies; I was trying to uploads pic of my ticket stub for Baby Driver but kept getting an error. I tried different browsers and even reduced image size but it was a no go. Anyone else having a problem with Sony rewards like this?

We got a Japan-focused sale back in May. It was the Golden Week sale.
And I hope EU didn't get anything then? Hate to see EU getting served every time US does, but not the other way round. Also, it doesn't matter, they're having something we don't, I want to complain.

Edit: Speaking of, where's my $15? Did anyone get it yet?

Want Ratchet and Clank so bad. Been trying to sell my Black ops 3 DLC 1 Awakening Code for 10 since this deal started. no bites so far :[

Eh, they complain when we get good sales, and vice verses. They have been knocking it out of the park lately, but don't forget we've had some great sales over the past few months too. And it's not like anyone of us actually needs to buy more games right now due to backlog.

I -do- want a serious Vita sale this year, though. And PSP. The Golden Week sale wasn't quite as good as I wanted this year and my wishlist is growing.

And I hope EU didn't get anything then? Hate to see EU getting served every time US does, but not the other way round. Also, it doesn't matter, they're having something we don't, I want to complain.

Edit: Speaking of, where's my $15? Did anyone get it yet?
We got a 500+ game sale and they also got one, so what's to complain about? Just to complain about nothing? It gets old after a while.

Just got home and turned on PS4 and I got the notification for the $15.

Debating whether I should use it to get the Horizon DLC, or get $15 off Lost Legacy.

Want Ratchet and Clank so bad. Been trying to sell my Black ops 3 DLC 1 Awakening Code for 10 since this deal started. no bites so far :[
Man. It's a great game and especially for this price. One of my first ps4 games. Would highly recommend forking over the $8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back