PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure this is the first time I ever mentioned complaining. In any case, since this thread needs this badly:
Was more referring to complaints in general, but when your "joke" looks like normal complaints, it comes off as more of a troll than anything funny. Apologies for not thinking it was funny.

Got Disgaea 5 last night. Great game. I was on the fence being new to the series, but it’s incredibly deep but also accessible. Pretty funny as well.

Also nice that your game save from the demo carries over to the full game. I encourage anyone who likes tactical RPGs to at least give the demo a try before the sale is over.

I'm just cracking up that he responded a second time to the same person in about a 45 minute span as if he thought of something better to say when the first response was perfectly acceptable and didn't quite make him out to sound like a ten year old.

Got Disgaea 5 last night. Great game. I was on the fence being new to the series, but it’s incredibly deep but also accessible. Pretty funny as well.

Also nice that your game save from the demo carries over to the full game. I encourage anyone who likes tactical RPGs to at least give the demo a try before the sale is over.
You've got me intrigued, as I would also be new to the series and from what I can recall I seem to share your feelings on a lot of games. Of course my digital backlog is in the hundreds across all systems and I have Persona 5 still sealed on the shelf so not sure if another RPG is the way to go lol.

I'll download the demo for sure at least.

I bought the season pass when it was on sale during the 20% off thing a ways back. Traded my disc to GS last weekend without ever having opened it and bought it on Switch instead. :wall:

I bought the season pass when it was on sale during the 20% off thing a ways back. Traded my disc to GS last weekend without ever having opened it and bought it on Switch instead. :wall:
Yeah I also bought the season pass a while back for around $22-23. Sadly that's now a sunk cost since I bought a used D5 complete during GS's B2G1. I guess I'll play/enjoy the switch version, sell it when I'm done, and then pick up a permanent copy of D5 ps4 down the road when it's under $10

if it's so little send me a psn code or paypal me the money. If not stfu with that stupid sh-t
8f96d2cde229f0c9b05026dcc6607b39.jpg

Any opinions on Jotun and Risk of Rain? Did they remove the dlc for the base Shadow or Mordor? Was wanting to see what all the dlc was and if ot would be worth rebuying digitally when I barely have played my disc copy.

Any opinions on Jotun and Risk of Rain? Did they remove the dlc for the base Shadow or Mordor? Was wanting to see what all the dlc was and if ot would be worth rebuying digitally when I barely have played my disc copy.
Jotun is interesting, I got it from INDIEBOX 4 or 5 months ago when they ran a promo on CAG for a month of their sub for like 5 bucks iirc, its a decent game with a very cool art style and good soundtrack its worth checking out imo.

Risk of Rain is fun if you like running around to upgrade and survive. Not the hardest rogue-like once you get the hang of it.

so i bought driveclub + season pass bundle digital with the ps plus discount last year.
I want to buy the driveclub bikes standalone game that's on sale now, but psn denies me :/
any work around for this?
the bikes "expansion" version is still $15 stupidly

Any opinions on NBA Playgrounds?

On sale for $13.33 but when you're about to checkout, price goes back to $19.99.

How do you fix that?

Just a heads up for those that attended the Sony E3 conference in Theaters: digital gift baskets are being sent out now.

Includes some avatars for let it die and monster Hunter world. Also some MLB the show stuff.

But most importantly: a $15 code for the psn store. (No it's not the "spend $100 get 15" code)

Just a heads up for those that attended the Sony E3 conference in Theaters: digital gift baskets are being sent out now.

Includes some avatars for let it die and monster Hunter world. Also some MLB the show stuff.

But most importantly: a $15 code for the psn store. (No it's not the "spend $100 get 15" code)
Why couldn’t that have been their gift for streaming it?

Anyone have any suggestions for the largest and most reliable hard drive upgrades for the ps3? This same really highlights how I need a new one last month

On sale for $13.33 but when you're about to checkout, price goes back to $19.99.

How do you fix that?
I'm mostly having fun with it, but it can be frustrating, especially during online games. While I've had some good games, I've also had several featuring opponents who do nothing but jack up 3's with Curry (a max 3 point rating is basically cheat mode) while either shoving/stealing constantly or using someone with a high block to basically reject every shot (problematic during particularly laggy matches where guys seem to block shots several seconds after the fact, which has happened a couple of times). In single player games against the AI, the AI REALLY loves to pass the ball back and forth to milk the shot clock, which makes achieving some of the goals above just winning annoying at times.

Risk of Rain is fun if you like running around to upgrade and survive. Not the hardest rogue-like once you get the hang of it.
Oh I totally disagree... it's extremely difficult. If you do not get lucky and get good powerups, you will lose

But under those lucky conditions, it's pretty easy

That said I had a blast with it

I'm mostly having fun with it, but it can be frustrating, especially during online games. While I've had some good games, I've also had several featuring opponents who do nothing but jack up 3's with Curry (a max 3 point rating is basically cheat mode) while either shoving/stealing constantly or using someone with a high block to basically reject every shot (problematic during particularly laggy matches where guys seem to block shots several seconds after the fact, which has happened a couple of times). In single player games against the AI, the AI REALLY loves to pass the ball back and forth to milk the shot clock, which makes achieving some of the goals above just winning annoying at times.
Thanks for your opinion.

Does the game itself require a certain amount of skill?

Is it close to impossible at winning when opponents are using the stronger characters?

Hope the game relies more on the skill of the player and not the character.

Also still hoping they have the game really selling at the sale price of $13.33 and not at the original price.

How do you fix that?
I'm also getting $20 for NBA Playgrounds at checkout. Bought a $20 PSN this afternoon and was hoping to get NBA Playgrounds and WRC5 together. Whatever. Gonna preorder Yonder for $16 instead.

2017_07_05_195740.jpg

Decided to pick up Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY and the THPS 3 Revert Pack for now. Been itching to play Shadow of Mordor since picking up my PS4 a few months ago.

I'm also getting $20 for NBA Playgrounds at checkout. Bought a $20 PSN this afternoon and was hoping to get NBA Playgrounds and WRC5 together. Whatever. Gonna preorder Yonder for $16 instead.

2017_07_05_195740.jpg
Can't find an email address or live chat to ask Sony about this

Oh I totally disagree... it's extremely difficult. If you do not get lucky and get good powerups, you will lose

But under those lucky conditions, it's pretty easy

That said I had a blast with it
Once you unlock some artifacts, particularly the Command one, you can pretty much guarantee a win every round lol. That artifact removes the element of randomness from the game, so now you can stack up all the good items and literally become invincible (ie. shield generator that makes you invincible for 8 seconds, stack enough mitosis(I think?) and you can cut the cooldown below 8 seconds).

That said, the game's still a blast whether it's easy or difficult. All artifacts runs aren't no joke, either.

Thanks for your opinion.

Does the game itself require a certain amount of skill?

Is it close to impossible at winning when opponents are using the stronger characters?

Hope the game relies more on the skill of the player and not the character.

Also still hoping they have the game really selling at the sale price of $13.33 and not at the original price.
The dev's seem to still be adjusting game play (based on tantrums thrown after the last patch), so maybe they'll get my issues corrected at some point. I've had some great games, but currently, it feels like anyone rolling out someone with a 10 3 point rating is pretty much going to hit everything from closer than half court if they're any good at all. Other than the issue with a few players (guys with huge 3's, huge blocks and huge steal ratings, to a lesser extent on the last one), it remains more of a skill game than a card game. They tried to "balance" the overall player cards, which is why some players actually play "worse" than they look in real life. Widely skilled players can suffer from a jack-of-all-trades, master of none stat spread. No one's running around with high ratings in everything (or even most things), so the game does offer a variety of play approaches.

The dev's seem to still be adjusting game play (based on tantrums thrown after the last patch), so maybe they'll get my issues corrected at some point. I've had some great games, but currently, it feels like anyone rolling out someone with a 10 3 point rating is pretty much going to hit everything from closer than half court if they're any good at all. Other than the issue with a few players (guys with huge 3's, huge blocks and huge steal ratings, to a lesser extent on the last one), it remains more of a skill game than a card game. They tried to "balance" the overall player cards, which is why some players actually play "worse" than they look in real life. Widely skilled players can suffer from a jack-of-all-trades, master of none stat spread. No one's running around with high ratings in everything (or even most things), so the game does offer a variety of play approaches.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Makes me want to purchase the game but waiting on the sale price to actually work.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/06/horizon-zero-dawn-patch-1-30-adds-new-game-face-paint-options-ultra-hard-difficulty-more/

Horizon Zero Dawn got a new update that adds New Game+, a new Ultra Hard difficulty, face paint options you can unlock, and more fixes.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/06/ps4-games-added-to-ps-now-library-hits-500/

PS4 games are now in the PS Now lineup with these games being added right now to push the overall total over 500 games:

• Killzone Shadow Fall
  • God of War 3 Remastered
  • Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
  • WWE 2K16
  • Tropico 5
  • F1 2015
  • Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
  • Evolve
  • MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
  • Resogun
  • Helldivers
  • Broken Age
  • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
  • Castlestorm Definitive Edition
  • Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
  • Arcania Complete Tale
  • Nidhogg
  • Super Mega Baseball
They're also going to have some deals with the $9.99 first month offer for new subscribers and $99.99 for 12 months that will be available until 9/22.

I don't do PSN too much, so don't know the details.  I am trying to buy Uncharted Golden Abyss and WipEout 2048 for the Vita while they are currently on sale.  I used to have these games when I had PS+ and deleted them once I let that expire.  I added a 3 month PS+ subscription to my account to get an even bigger discount on a bunch of other purchases.  When I try to buy WipEout and Uncharted I am told you are not eligible to purchase this.  Is there no way for me to purchase these games so I can keep them after my PS+ runs out?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/06/horizon-zero-dawn-patch-1-30-adds-new-game-face-paint-options-ultra-hard-difficulty-more/

Horizon Zero Dawn got a new update that adds New Game+, a new Ultra Hard difficulty, face paint options you can unlock, and more fixes.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/06/ps4-games-added-to-ps-now-library-hits-500/

PS4 games are now in the PS Now lineup with these games being added right now to push the overall total over 500 games:

• Killzone Shadow Fall
  • God of War 3 Remastered
  • Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
  • WWE 2K16
  • Tropico 5
  • F1 2015
  • Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
  • Evolve
  • MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
  • Resogun
  • Helldivers
  • Broken Age
  • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
  • Castlestorm Definitive Edition
  • Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
  • Arcania Complete Tale
  • Nidhogg
  • Super Mega Baseball
They're also going to have some deals with the $9.99 first month offer for new subscribers and $99.99 for 12 months that will be available until 9/22.
It just bugs me that PSNow is pretty much the sole reason/excuse that Sony chooses to not offer backwards compatibility. They made such a mistake buying Gaikai.

I don't do PSN too much, so don't know the details. I am trying to buy Uncharted Golden Abyss and WipEout 2048 for the Vita while they are currently on sale. I used to have these games when I had PS+ and deleted them once I let that expire. I added a 3 month PS+ subscription to my account to get an even bigger discount on a bunch of other purchases. When I try to buy WipEout and Uncharted I am told you are not eligible to purchase this. Is there no way for me to purchase these games so I can keep them after my PS+ runs out?
You have them due to being a PS+ subscriber, so they are still a part of your account when you resubscribe. If you want to purchase them, let your sub lapse and buy them.

You have them due to being a PS+ subscriber, so they are still a part of your account when you resubscribe. If you want to purchase them, let your sub lapse and buy them.
But there's no "keep" option to be able to purchase them at the current sale price, plus PS+ discount right now?

But there's no "keep" option to be able to purchase them at the current sale price, plus PS+ discount right now?
No, you "own" them as a part of PS+. Unless there's some bundle they're in that you could purchase to override the PS+ ownership, you're going to have to wait until your sub lapses.

No, you "own" them as a part of PS+. Unless there's some bundle they're in that you could purchase to override the PS+ ownership, you're going to have to wait until your sub lapses.
Thanks for the info. Lesson learned; buy former PS+ games on sale BEFORE using up a PS+ code to get a bigger discount.

Thanks for the info. Lesson learned; buy former PS+ games on sale BEFORE using up a PS+ code to get a bigger discount.
You can contact Sony and see what they can do. Some have reported success in getting them to remove licenses in situations exactly like this, but obviously no guarantees as different reps seemingly do different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back