PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend kinda threw it out there for me a little while ago "Would you ever sell your psn id?" I don't know the legality or whatever, but hell, if your digital backlog is that big and if a newb trophy hunter wants a head start....Look into it.
I feel like that would be an easy way to get scammed cause how can I prove I gave the info over?

My friend kinda threw it out there for me a little while ago "Would you ever sell your psn id?" I don't know the legality or whatever, but hell, if your digital backlog is that big and if a newb trophy hunter wants a head start....Look into it.
I'm sure there's verbiage in the EULA stating that you can't sell or even transfer your PSN account to another person. Same with XBLA and Steam.

I decided to do something drastic to kill my backlog. I'm creating a new PSN id and leaving everything behind. I am now only gonna play games that make my butthole pucker in anticipation. I'm no longer going for trophies but I will play the games on their hardest difficulty like affa.

My only problem is trying to come up with a new id.
Can you make your new ID Butthole Pucker?

Edit: 3 other CAGs beat me to it lol.

I decided to do something drastic to kill my backlog. I'm creating a new PSN id and leaving everything behind. I am now only gonna play games that make my butthole pucker in anticipation. I'm no longer going for trophies but I will play the games on their hardest difficulty like affa.

My only problem is trying to come up with a new id.
Seems kind of like cheating to me.

Wait, is there a way to transfer digital games from one account to another, or do you have to rebuy the ones you want to play all over again?

I went the other way on my backlog. I loaded every digital game I own to my account, embracing the embarrassment of my psnprofiles page. I did it to encourage myself to not buy more games and instead work on the backlog.

It blows my mind that someone out there would consider buying somebody else's PSN ID simply to lay claim to their trophies or even pay somebody to earn a trophy for them. I know I'd feel no sense of accomplishment if I looked at my profile and saw trophies I paid somebody else to do for me.

Seems kind of like cheating to me.

Wait, is there a way to transfer digital games from one account to another, or do you have to rebuy the ones you want to play all over again?
No, unfortunately you can't transfer content/games to other accounts.

But if runthejewels were to keep their original account on their ps4 (and kept that ps4 as the orig acct's primary console), they would still have access to that acct's content/games on other profiles on that ps4.. like for example, on their brand new 69ButtholePucker69 id ;)

I think the "Buy 1/Beat 1/Repeat" approach has merit.  You'd certainly spend way less than most of us do on games, even if you sometimes pay more for individual games by purchasing when you're read to play them instead of when they're on sale.

I just don't treat the games in my collection as a backlog that I must play through in order to feel like the purchase was worth it. They're a collection of games I can choose from to play what I'm interested in at the moment so that I can jump around to catch up on older games I've been meaning to play or go with newer games that are cool. It also allows me to drop games I'm not enjoying or have gotten enough enjoyment out of it without any feelings of shame.

I just don't treat the games in my collection as a backlog that I must play through in order to feel like the purchase was worth it. They're a collection of games I can choose from to play what I'm interested in at the moment so that I can jump around to catch up on older games I've been meaning to play or go with newer games that are cool. It also allows me to drop games I'm not enjoying or have gotten enough enjoyment out of it without any feelings of shame.
I'm a trophy addict, the only way for me to beat the addiction is cold turkey.

This is exactly my mentality.. I purchase games on the cheap with intent to play them when I feel like it, not because I now have an obligation.. I go through phases where I like a specific genre and usually play it until I'm tired of it and move to another.. and knowing I have a plethora of games to choose from in whatever genre fits my mood is what makes it all worth it. Besides the amount I've saved buying games at about their absolute cheapest probably puts my spending far below that of someone who buys games on release date.

I'm a trophy addict, the only way for me to beat the addiction is cold turkey.
What about future trophies? The ones you get without even trying. That trophy 'ding' is like Pavlov's dog. You'll be right back where you started.

With regards to backlog, I'm having a lot of fun making my way through my past purchases. The only problem is when I come across games I don't really enjoy and I force myself to play through them anyway just to cross it off my list. I think that's due more to OCD behavior than anything. I need to feel like every purchase is worth it and I get the most bang for my buck because I don't have a lot of buck to go around. But for the most part, it's been blue skies.

It blows my mind that someone out there would consider buying somebody else's PSN ID simply to lay claim to their trophies or even pay somebody to earn a trophy for them. I know I'd feel no sense of accomplishment if I looked at my profile and saw trophies I paid somebody else to do for me.
I look at it from a different perspective. Imagine offering someone a couple hundred bucks for their ID and getting all the digital games they have purchased. Hell, I would do that, switch my PS4 as the main on their account and play all those games under my ID.

This is exactly my mentality.. I purchase games on the cheap with intent to play them when I feel like it, not because I now have an obligation.. I go through phases where I like a specific genre and usually play it until I'm tired of it and move to another.. and knowing I have a plethora of games to choose from in whatever genre fits my mood is what makes it all worth it. Besides the amount I've saved buying games at about their absolute cheapest probably puts my spending far below that of someone who buys games on release date.
I'm pretty sure every CAG wants to believe this.

Yup. I'm in the exact same camp and totally agree.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What about future trophies? The ones you get without even trying. That trophy 'ding' is like Pavlov's dog. You'll be right back where you started.
You can turn off trophy alerts. I did that about six years ago and found it markedly improved my immersion in the games I play. I know many enjoy the meta element added to games by trophies and that’s cool, I just found that I ended up hunting them which made me less able to enjoy the plot and pacing of the game itself.

With regards to backlog, I'm having a lot of fun making my way through my past purchases. The only problem is when I come across games I don't really enjoy and I force myself to play through them anyway just to cross it off my list. I think that's due more to OCD behavior than anything. I need to feel like every purchase is worth it and I get the most bang for my buck because I don't have a lot of buck to go around. But for the most part, it's been blue skies.
Like the other guy said, I turned off the notifications.

Ooo, since I didn't get to start Bloodborne yesterday because it had a giant update to download, maybe I'll play something from the Flash sale.

Some new deals:

:ps4: Rocket League - Aftershock - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Back to the Future Car Pack - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Car Pack - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Chaos Run DLC Pack - $2.79 - 30% Off - $2.39 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Esper - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Fast & Furious 70 Dodge Charger - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Fast & Furious 99 Nissan Skyline - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - The Fate of the Furious Ice Charger - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Hot Wheels Bone Shaker - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Hot Wheels Twin Mill III - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Marauder - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Masamune - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Proteus - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC Pack - $2.79 - 30% Off - $2.39 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Supersonic Fury DLC Pack - $2.79 - 30% Off - $2.39 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Triton - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

:ps4: Rocket League - Vulcan - $1.39 - 30% Off - $1.19 - 40% Off - Ends 2/20

Freebies:

:ps4: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory - Sistermon Ciel and Blanc - Free

:vita: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory - Sistermon Ciel and Blanc - Free

:ps4: Spintires: MudRunner - The Valley DLC - Free

New Releases:

PSVR Ancient Amuletor - DLC 2 Blossom Dance - $2.99

:vita: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory - $39.99

:ps4: Fe - $19.99

Why not? I think it's great. It'll be like the old days when I would buy a game and then immediately start playing that game. Then when I've beaten it, I go and buy another one. No backlog, no wasting time on mediocrity, playing the game exactly how I want to play it, etc. The only con is the wasted money.
in 6 months you'll have two accounts with a backlog. The urge to buy Game X that you really want during a flash sale will be too strong.

Just do what everyone else does, wait for the next gen and start over with ps5.

in 6 months you'll have two accounts with a backlog. The urge to buy Game X that you really want during a flash sale will be too strong.

Just do what everyone else does, wait for the next gen and start over with ps5.
Nah, I've already worked on beating that urge. I only bought one or two games during that five week holiday sale bonanza. I'm very good at not buying games now.

I thought I had quit trophies.   At around 65 plats, I told myself I'd get to 100 and quit.    I did it slow, took my time [I don't search out games with easy plats, I just tend to get the plats of games I enjoy].   It took me a long time to get to 100, but I did it.  And I did quit!   It was glorious.  I figured I'd still get the plat on the occasional game [TLOU2, Dark Souls X, etc] but ignore them for everything else.

And then, about 1 week later, Sony introduced their Reward program for trophies.  And.... yeah.  So now I'm at like 107.   I don't even want the plats, I just want my 2 dollars or whatever. G'damn it.

I don't mind having a backlog.  I would hate it if it was physical [I don't like clutter], but I like having a large selection to choose from.  I like researching games, and picking it up for $2 on sale is fine, even if I never get to it.

I mean, I have a movie and tv backlog that outdoes my gaming backlog, I think.  And I can never escape that netflix backlog. Ever.

And then, about 1 week later, Sony introduced their Reward program for trophies. And.... yeah. So now I'm at like 107. I don't even want the plats, I just want my 2 dollars or whatever. G'damn it.
zI3B2E9.gif

It's actually not too bad. $10 for 10 plats, $2.50 for 25 gold. But $1.00 for 100 silver? F you, Sony.

I thought I had quit trophies. At around 65 plats, I told myself I'd get to 100 and quit. I did it slow, took my time [I don't search out games with easy plats, I just tend to get the plats of games I enjoy]. It took me a long time to get to 100, but I did it. And I did quit! It was glorious. I figured I'd still get the plat on the occasional game [TLOU2, Dark Souls X, etc] but ignore them for everything else.

And then, about 1 week later, Sony introduced their Reward program for trophies. And.... yeah. So now I'm at like 107. I don't even want the plats, I just want my 2 dollars or whatever. G'damn it.

I don't mind having a backlog. I would hate it if it was physical [I don't like clutter], but I like having a large selection to choose from. I like researching games, and picking it up for $2 on sale is fine, even if I never get to it.

I mean, I have a movie and tv backlog that outdoes my gaming backlog, I think. And I can never escape that netflix backlog. Ever.
My story of the first time I tried to quit trophies is almost exactly the same. I would only get trophies on games I really wanted to and ignore the rest. Took me only a couple months before I started saying oh why not? and I fell right back into it and started going back to the old shitty games I hadn't completed yet that made me want to quit in the first place. That's why I decided to start over. If I didn't, all those halfway completed games from my past would gnaw at me.

I don't mind having a backlog. I would hate it if it was physical [I don't like clutter], but I like having a large selection to choose from. I like researching games, and picking it up for $2 on sale is fine, even if I never get to it.
Yeah this is how I approach it as well. I never liked looking at my backlog as something I have to work through cause that makes it feel like a grind. It's instead this giant catalog of games where no matter what mood I am in I can pull something off the shelf (so to speak since I am mostly digital) and play it. I am 100% positive I won't ever finish every game I own but I also don't really have a compulsion to either.

It's actually not bad. $10 for 10 plats, $2.50 for 25 gold. But $1.00 for 100 silver? F you, Sony.
The silver trophy reward is bizarre because a lot of times games will have as many gold trophies as they have silver. Like since they started tracking trophies on there I've collected an equal amount of gold and silver trophies. Like literally finished the gold task 4 times for $10 but only finished the silver one once for $1. Kinda dumb.

Yeah this is how I approach it as well. I never liked looking at my backlog as something I have to work through cause that makes it feel like a grind. It's instead this giant catalog of games where no matter what mood I am in I can pull something off the shelf (so to speak since I am mostly digital) and play it. I am 100% positive I won't ever finish every game I own but I also don't really have a compulsion to either.
Agreed. Its like I can't always vouch for what mood I'll be in game-wise, but its great to know that regardless of that mood, I can probably tend it to through my backlog. I recently have gone on an old school, simple RPG kick, its great knowing I have choices to scratch that itch- the backlog is serving its purpose.

What happens when you buy digital copy of game you own physically?

Want to rebuy TF2, but already own physical copy. Will purchasing it, just allow me to launch without disc?

Will I have to transfer saves or anything else?

Want to rebuy TF2, but already own physical copy. Will purchasing it, just allow me to launch without disc?

Saves should still be there. Nothing changes other than you don't need a disc

Have $20 credit and 20% coupon.

TF2 is $8 after coupon. Any good games that cost $15?($12 after coupon) Don't want to add more to my wallet.

All you'll have to do is delete the disc install and download the digital version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back