PSN Weekly Deals - 4/10: Rockstar Sale! $20 Owlboy, $14 Aegis Defenders, $10 Thimbleweed Park, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 8 AM PT/11 AM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
Ending Soon
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

April’s PS+ Games - Ends 5/1/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: 99Vidas

:ps4:  :ps3: In Space we Brawl

:ps4: Mad Max

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted

:ps3: Toy Home

PSVR  :ps4: TrackMania Turbo

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT

:ps4: Dragon's Crown Pro - $44.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Guns of Icarus Alliance: PS4 Edition - $11.24 - 25% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

:ps4: The Swords of Ditto - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31/18

:ps4: To Leave - $15.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 4/24

:ps4: Trailblazers - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/8

:ps4: We Happy Few - $50.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31
:ps4: We Happy Few Digital Deluxe - $67.99 - 15% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Blue-Collar Astronaut - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 5/29

:ps4:  :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

PS4 - [customspoiler="PSVR Note"]PSVR :ps4: means the game is playable with or without PSVR.[/customspoiler]

Aegis Defenders - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24 N

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

Injustice 2 - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition - $47.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

PSVR Time Carnage - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

PS3

Wicked Monsters Blast! HD - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

Vita PS TV Compatibility

AeternoBlade - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

Wanderjahr - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30 N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 Classics - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Constructor

Crossout

Horizon Zero Dawn

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

N/A

Vita Add-ons

N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugg I'm tired of seeing those pretty lame Rockstar PS2 on PS4 PSN games prices. I would seriously think of picking them up at around 60%, but yeah....not at these prices.

I would also like to see a remaster of Max Payne 3, but that isn't going to happen. Grand Theft Auto Online isn't going to pay itself.
If you could turn off the filters in MP3.. I'd enjoy it soo much more.

I'm surprised they've not begun selling GTAO by itself, or even FTP, and selling passes for people with their crappy microtransactions.

As for RDR, the creators/coders claim it would be too much of an undertaking due to how badly coded it is.

Listen raising the price of PS+ by as much as $20 here in Canada and removing the free monthly PS3 and Vita games is arrogant as fuck and I don't even own a Vita. Will Sony offer an extra PS4 game or two to compensate? Let's hope so. You're paying more and getting less value. This is fact. I was responding to another poster that said that Sony learned their lesson with the PS4. Gamers are too quick to forgive and forget without realizing that these companies are only out to make money. Now there's nothing wrong with making money but as a consumer I want the most bang for my buck. It's not being a "hater" to admit this. This site is not called CheapAssGamer for a reason..
No, it is not fact. We have a long time to go before we even find out what type of games will replace the current six games. That means it is not fact that we are losing value it is pure assumption on your part. As for raising prices in Canada Sony is not responsible for the Canadian economy. Raising the price of a yearly service by less than a dollar a month in the US is not arrogant. Is Netflix arrogant when they raise their subscription fee? Is Hulu? Or do we give them the benefit of the doubt that they are going to provide value for the dollar? And if they don't we simply unsubscribe. Personally I get value out of PS Plus. I play Vita games on a regular basis and so therefore sad they're removing them. But Common Sense dictates it was going to be removed eventually. Meanwhile I haven't play my PS3 in years so removing those games and providing a different sort of value may be in my best interest. Likewise removing Vita games was in the majority of subscribers best interest assuming they replace the value in some way. Since we have no idea how this is going to pan out you're simply assuming and speculating that we are somehow getting screwed. I don't play that game. There's no point in judging before we have anything to judge

Listen raising the price of PS+ by as much as $20 here in Canada and removing the free monthly PS3 and Vita games is arrogant as fuck and I don't even own a Vita. Will Sony offer an extra PS4 game or two to compensate?
They will not.

https://mobile.twitter.com/polygon/status/968899759393173505

"Update: Asked for clarification, Sony told Polygon that the PlayStation Plus lineup will consist of two PS4 titles — and no other free games — starting next March. "

They will not.

"Update: Asked for clarification, Sony told Polygon that the PlayStation Plus lineup will consist of two PS4 titles — and no other free games — starting next March. "
Yeah, that sucks - because often times at least one of the PS3 or Vita games is cross buy and you end up getting 3 or 4 PS4 games a month.

And a $10 increase is pretty big, they increased the price 20%. It sucks when Netflix does it, too. At least they have had several deals for $40 for a year in the past few months.

Rockstar NEEDS to remaster RDR for the PS4.
Would be nice but if you have an Xbox One X, it got an enhanced update via BC today, Anxious to play it with as amazingly brilliant as the updates were to Oblivion and the original Forza Horizon recently.

Did anyone here play Deadbolt at all? I have no idea if I'm shooting myself in the foot with the lock picking. There's no instruction on how to do it at all.

I would also like to see a remaster of Max Payne 3, but that isn't going to happen. Grand Theft Auto Online isn't going to pay itself.
I'm surprised they even bothered making RDR2 since the GTA Online cash cow is still going strong.

Anybody pick up Regalia yet? Looks interesting but I'm not sure if I need another game since I still need to finish Far Cry 5 before Yakuza 6 and God of War next week.

Rockstar hasn't released a new videogame in almost 5 years. They don't care about selling 2 million copies of RDR remastered or Max payne or bully. They are in it to dominate - like valve, they will eventually cease making videogames

I am tempted to quadruple dip here..

I own the PS2 X collection + 7 and 8

Thinking of buying this for PS4 (Both physical and digital.. personal reasons) and Switch.
Not to seem ungrateful, but they really should've included X Command Mission.

Rockstar NEEDS to remaster RDR for the PS4.
Not going to happen, especially after the XB1X native 4k update just got dropped.

ac791980-116d-4e2a-8d37-9667d2ea6f63.PNG

DadQaXGU8AAZfmB.jpg

[Media]https://youtu.be/qyoUtEmzCl4[/media]

Anybody pick up Regalia yet? Looks interesting but I'm not sure if I need another game since I still need to finish Far Cry 5 before Yakuza 6 and God of War next week.
As with anything new on PSN that looks appealing to me, I'm waiting for at least 50% off.

If things keep going this way, that 20% off code is going to go to waste. Putrid, absolutely putrid.
Hopefully the Golden Week sale occurs on 4/24, otherwise I'm inclined to agree.

They will not.

I have a feeling this is simply incorrect, in that Sony is simply not ready to reveal the new version of PS plus until we get closer. I mean sure it's very possible, but I bet they have something more in plan

If they did it for X1, why wouldn't they do it for PS4?
Because all it is is a patch to let the emulator run the 360 version at 4K resolution with higher levels of texture filtering. There's no asset replacement or anything in these enhance BC titles. Supposedly it's all about the engine and how the game was created allowing that and if it does it's supposed to be very minimal work to enable according to MS.

Some new deals:

:ps4: Anima: Game of Memories - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4: Anoxemia - $4.79 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4: Castles - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4: Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4: Demon's Crystals - $2.99 - 40% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4: Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4: Heart & Slash - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4: Nightmare Boy - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/18

:ps4: Vostok Inc - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4: Zenith - $8.99 - 55% Off - Ends 4/25

New Releases:

PSVR Ark Park Deluxe Edition - $57.99

PSVR Ark Park - Hunter's Package - $7.99

:ps4: Deep Ones - $4.99

:vita: Deep Ones - $4.99

:ps4: :vita: League of Evil - $4.99

PSVR Operation Warcade - $19.99

The price track of Treasure Trove looks incorrect on psprices:
https://psprices.com/region-us/game/97289/shovel-knight-treasure-trove

It shows it debuted at $14.99.

This is the historical low for the game + all DLC? Thinking about playing some fast paced action Vita game after my TitS FC playthrough.
It may not be incorrect. When it went the game transformed from Shovel Knight to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove with a higher price tag they let people buy it for that lower original price for a couple weeks. If you are on the fence about picking it up, do it. I’ve bought it 3 times (Xbox one, 3ds and Switch) and I have no regrets in giving Yacht Games my money. It is one of the best values in games in recent memory (maybe a better deal was The Orange Box). So much content has been released for it and there is still more to come. It is a fantastic game if you like Mega Man or Duck Tales or any video games.

The price track of Treasure Trove looks incorrect on psprices:

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/97289/shovel-knight-treasure-trove

It shows it debuted at $14.99.

This is the historical low for the game + all DLC? Thinking about playing some fast paced action Vita game after my TitS FC playthrough.
http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/01/switch-up/

The game launched at $14.99, but with all of the free campaigns being added via updates with no additional money coming in, they increased the price to $24.99 and changed the name to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove for the full game. It was on sale before that happened to give people their last chance to get the whole thing for $10, which is the lowest price that they'll never reach again since they don't want to race to the bottom for deals.

There's no DLC, as Treasure Trove includes all current and future campaign updates they're going to add to it.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/01/switch-up/

The game launched at $14.99, but with all of the free campaigns being added via updates with no additional money coming in, they increased the price to $24.99 and changed the name to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove for the full game. It was on sale before that happened to give people their last chance to get the whole thing for $10, which is the lowest price that they'll never reach again since they don't want to race to the bottom for deals.

There's no DLC, as Treasure Trove includes all current and future campaign updates they're going to add to it.
So if we bought shovel knight in the past is all the dlc free to download?

Probably because Rockstar didn't have to do anything for it to be in 4k for the Xbox enhancements, that's all done by the backwards compatibility team.
Because all it is is a patch to let the emulator run the 360 version at 4K resolution with higher levels of texture filtering. There's no asset replacement or anything in these enhance BC titles. Supposedly it's all about the engine and how the game was created allowing that and if it does it's supposed to be very minimal work to enable according to MS.
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize up until this point that Xbox had backwards compatibility. We're getting gypped here.

At the very least, PS5 better have it, with all the boatloads of cash I've sunk into my digital PS4 collection these past few months.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize up until this point that Xbox had backwards compatibility. We're getting gypped here.

At the very least, PS5 better have it, with all the boatloads of cash I've sunk into my digital PS4 collection these past few months.
That is the ONE thing Xbox has over PlayStation. I hope that the PS5 will allow us to play the digital games we got from PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4.

It seems we should forget about using our 20% codes on anything else other than God of War.
It's raining 10s.
Not exactly, but it is getting solid scores pretty much across the board. I'm greatly looking forward to it. I kind of think many will want to go with physical (Amazon Prime/Best Buy GCU 20% off) on this one for future trade in purposes - God of War games are thrill rides for sure, but long term replayability doesn't sound like it is going to be much more than previous GoW games.

It seems we should forget about using our 20% codes on anything else other than God of War.
It's raining 10s.
Actually, at least for me, it makes it less likely to get with before the end of the month for the coupon. Popularity = tons of sales. I got burned getting Uncharted 4 so early, and it was down to $10 - $20 used within a year or less. Didn't get a chance to play until two months ago.

Actually, at least for me, it makes it less likely to get with before the end of the month for the coupon. Popularity = tons of sales. I got burned getting Uncharted 4 so early, and it was down to $10 - $20 used within a year or less. Didn't get a chance to play until two months ago.
Game discs that come bundled with consoles always plummet much quicker on the used game market.

I agree with everyone here that recent sales have been terrible. Come on, Golden Week!

That is the ONE thing Xbox has over PlayStation. I hope that the PS5 will allow us to play the digital games we got from PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4.
Ps3 will always be unlikely due to cell architecture.

I would have thought 1 & 2 were givens, but we didnt get them this gen so... i think they attempted to add trophies to ps2 games to either increase interest in them, or possibly force license renegotiation, but either way it seems to have not gone over well.

It is very likely the ps5 will play ps4 games. Maybe not day 1, depending.

Game discs that come bundled with consoles always plummet much quicker on the used game market.

I agree with everyone here that recent sales have been terrible. Come on, Golden Week!
No, you're right, that is a key factor. Obviously popularity = sales. I was trying to think of the right word at far too early in the morning.

A bit off topic but I've recently heard that the FFXV dlc really helps the story. I have the vanilla version and I was thinking about getting the Royal Edition but don't know the history of PSN FFXV sales and instead just wait for a season pass sale. Has that been on sale in the past at a decent discount or is getting the Royal Edition for $50 - GCU. Figured someone here would have an informed opinion on this.

FF15 Season Pass has not been on sale yet, and even if you did get it, the Royal Edition includes exclusive stuff that's not in the pass (which you can buy in the store for yet an additional fee.)  PLUS they plan to do even more DLC through 2019 that you don't get with the pass or Royal Edition.

I have an unopened vanilla copy that I regret picking up at launch because I didn't think Square would actually put out a GotY edition. If I could sell it off for a reasonable price, I'd do that and just buy the Royal edition (or wait until a possible Royal II Edition), but no place is buying it for more than $10.

FF15 Season Pass has not been on sale yet, and even if you did get it, the Royal Edition includes exclusive stuff that's not in the pass (which you can buy in the store for yet an additional fee.) PLUS they plan to do even more DLC through 2019 that you don't get with the pass or Royal Edition.

I have an unopened vanilla copy that I regret picking up at launch because I didn't think Square would actually put out a GotY edition. If I could sell it off for a reasonable price, I'd do that and just buy the Royal edition (or wait until a possible Royal II Edition), but no place is buying it for more than $10.
You know, at some point someone needs to get sued over what season pass really means because I'm starting to feel like DLC is getting a little out of hand. Not sued because I hate the concept already, but because we need more clarity and regulation on all the nickel and diming. Season pass to me used to mean all future content updates and DLC, but clearly publishers are already taking advantage of doing whatever the fuck they feel like.

Some new deals:

:ps4: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Barracuda" by Heart - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/17

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Curl of the Burl" by Mastodon - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/17

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Headknocker" by Foreigner - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/17

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Sweet Home Alabama (Live)" by Lynyrd Skynyrd - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/17

:ps4: Rock Band 4 - "Zombie" by The Cranberries - $1.49 - 25% Off - Ends 4/17

:ps4: :vita:  Rogue Aces - $10.39 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

:ps4: Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe - $7.19 - 20% Off - Ends 4/26

:ps4: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands - Season Pass - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

:ps4: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Deluxe Edition - $27.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

:ps4: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Gold Edition - $32.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

:ps4: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition - $23.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

New Releases:

:ps4: Dusty Raging Fist - $14.99

You know, at some point someone needs to get sued over what season pass really means because I'm starting to feel like DLC is getting a little out of hand. Not sued because I hate the concept already, but because we need more clarity and regulation on all the nickel and diming. Season pass to me used to mean all future content updates and DLC, but clearly publishers are already taking advantage of doing whatever the fuck they feel like.
I agree that it is misleading and that it undermines the way we think of a season pass. However, the term "season" is very general and typically refers to something much shorter than the life cycle of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back