PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid I would have to disagree, there, pal. Reductio ad Hitlerum only requires that Hiter (or Naziism) be invoked as a hyperbolic point of reference for a viewpoint/opinion/philosophy. And just about *any* time Hitler is brought into a conversation like that, they could have substituted someone else instead. That's sort of the point... the longer an inane conversation continues, the greater than chance that someone will choose not to use a substitute. Not that I particularly care. To be fair, it's been a couple of years since I've used that, so thanks!
friends.gif

Yikes, wrong usage there, bud. You can't just paste this to everyone who types the name. That only refers to arguments directly relating to Hitler and his regime. As in, for my case, I could have substituted "Hitler" for literally any other infamous and the central point would remain exactly the same.

Nice try though.

I'm afraid I would have to disagree, there, pal. Reductio ad Hitlerum only requires that Hiter (or Naziism) be invoked as a hyperbolic point of reference for a viewpoint/opinion/philosophy. And just about *any* time Hitler is brought into a conversation like that, they could have substituted someone else instead. That's sort of the point... the longer an inane conversation continues, the greater than chance that someone will choose not to use a substitute. Not that I particularly care. To be fair, it's been a couple of years since I've used that, so thanks!
friends.gif

Reductio ad Hitlerum only requires that Hiter (or Naziism) be invoked as a hyperbolic point of reference for a viewpoint/opinion/philosophy. And just about *any* time Hitler is brought into a conversation like that, they could have substituted someone else instead. That's sort of the point... the longer an inane conversation continues, the greater than chance that someone will choose not to use a substitute.
Right, but that philosophy has to relate to Nazism and directly the likes of Hitler. That was not the central point of my usage. Therefore, again, the law does not apply here.

"...any time Hitler is brought into a conversation like that, they could have substituted someone else instead"

No - if you can easily substitute anyone, the law doesn't apply. The law applies for cases where, say, we start discussing successes/failures of Obama and because you're winning the debate, I desperately pull out a "well Hitler did this and would've done that" - I am directly relating a situation to the Hitler regime and exclusively using that as a core argument. Again, not the case for me. And again, the law doesn't apply every time someone merely mentions the name. That ruins the point of the law.

It's about the core meaning behind the usage, not the mere usage itself.

so, how does one ignore someone on this site? ive never felt the need to but for some strange reason i think id like to start using that feature more.

A remake, since it is done with entirely new assets.

Yea, I wouldn't mind seeing the Romance games remade (FF Legend)

I was worried it was another lazy IOS port...

Just watched the video.. it IS an IOS game but looks decent for Vita.
He says "port/remake" because it is a port of a remake.

Recorded some Wander gameplay if you want to see how that is in its current state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPXxvxntFyE

One of the major things I noticed that may not be completely apparent from the video is that there's no strafe when walking, they just use the walking forward animation while you move left or right.

Also managed to take down Hitman's new Elusive Target if you want to see that. It's probably best to skip to around the last ten minutes if you want to see how it happens since the rest is me trying to get to that area and figure out what my options are.

It doesn't need to be 100% on topic at all times, but can we please keep the Hitler discussion to a minimum?

Thanks.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/03/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-752016/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New Releases: July 5, 2016

The Banner Saga 2 - $19.99
PS4 — Digital

The award-winning adventure continues in Banner Saga 2! This epic story-based RPG continues its emotional journey across a breaking world. Bold leadership decisions, wise use of resources, and skillful battle tactics are vital to ensure your Viking clans make it through alive. If played, your choices will carry over from the first game, or you can start fresh with new preset characters.

Carmageddon: Max Damage - $39.99
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 7/8)

Carmageddon: Max Damage is the driving sensation where your opponents are a bunch of crazies in a twisted mix of mad cars. Select from more than 30 metal mangling vehicles designed for the job in wrecking opponents, chasing down pedestrians, and causing maximum chaos!

Energy Hook - TBA
PS4 — Digital

Energy Hook challenges you to chain together sequences of tricks, wall-runs, and stylish moves for massive scores. Hurtle through time challenges by using tricks to gain speed and seek out collectibles hidden throughout the levels. Energy Hook is a challenging game that requires a great deal of finesse and practice to master! Do you have what it takes?

Furi - $24.99, Free for PS+
PS4 — Digital

You were captured. See what they did to you… The jailer is the key, kill him and you’ll be free. Fight your way free in this ultra-responsive, fast-paced sword fighting and dual-stick shooting game.

Hawken - Free to Play
PS4 — Digital (Out 7/8)

War is a Machine. Hawken is a multiplayer FPS that places you inside a mechanized war machine on the battlefield of a dystopian world. With tactical, fast-paced gameplay in customizable and upgradable mechs across multiple competitive modes, Hawken is explosively fun.

Lost Sea - $14.99 PSN, $13.49 PS+
PS4 — Digital

After a freak storm over the Atlantic, you find yourself stranded on the shores of a mysterious island. Do you have what it takes to escape the Lost Sea? Lost Sea is an action-adventure game set inside the Bermuda Triangle. Recruit a crew of survivors who can help you explore the hazardous islands as you hunt for the artifacts needed to survive.

Lumo - $19.99
PS Vita — Digital
Witness the rebirth of a genre in Lumo — a classic isometric adventure with a modern twist for gamers young and old alike! As a contemporary take on the long-lost isometric platform genre, Lumo can be enjoyed by anyone looking for an absorbing, challenging, and rewarding adventure. With more than 400 rooms across four unique zones, six hidden mini-games and all kinds of secrets to uncover, Lumo is a true voyage of discovery.

Metal Slug Anthology (PS2) - $9.99 or $14.99
PS4 — Digital

Seven incredible Metal Slug games: Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4, Metal Slug 5, and Metal Slug 6 are in this definitive collection. Your job is to help the Regular Army defeat Gen. Morden’s rebellion by using a myriad of different characters, vehicles, and weapons!

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII - $59.99
PS4 — Digital, Retail

The ultimate depiction of the Three Kingdoms. A heroic drama of gathering Legends. An experience that will immerse you even deeper into the world of the Three Kingdoms, with human drama seen through the interactions of the heroes of the time and spectacular battles.

Went a bit bonkers with the current sale.  What a week to go on vacation!  Got back last night but thankfully I brought my netbook so making purchases was fairly easy.

I decided to just go ahead and forge a path towards replacing much of my physical library with digital for the Vita.  I still need to upgrade to a 32 or 64gb card... but that'll be easier to do once I start actually selling off the collection.

Anyway my purchases...

Mega Man Legends

A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks

A Boy and His Blob

Mega Man 8

Widget's Odyssey (cheap enough to check out at $0.39)

Widget's Odyssey 2 (cheap enough to check out at $0.39)

Young Thor (passed on it last time despite Frisky's recommendation... for $0.99 .. .ok... done)

Hyperdevotion Noire GBH(Convert from Physical)

Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 1(Convert from Physical)

Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 2 (Convert from Physical)

Sword Art Online: Lost Song (wanted this one despite not playing the first one yet)

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Since I'm going to go digital, no need to track a foreign version down)

Spent $44.78 and I feel good about that as when I sell the Hyper games off they should pay for all of this.  Now for the other games in the series to hit next weeks sale.

I'm really quite happy with this sale.  Certain people will complain about every sale, but for my Vita ... I feel like this was the best sale since last years sale with games under a dollar.

so, how does one ignore someone on this site? ive never felt the need to but for some strange reason i think id like to start using that feature more.
click view all notifications button ignore is on the left listing then just copy paste the username.

tales of hearts r update: this game is awesome
glad you are enjoying it. there's artes list guides in case you want to learn stuff you want vs random.

Was there anything useful in the physical release of tales of hearts r? I am sitting on an unopened copy and wondering if I should go digital or do the b2g1 at GameStop that's going on.

Is there a way to remove the license for a free PS+ game from your account?  I got Grim Fandango Remastered back in January, but with the 90% sale, I might as well just purchase it.

Was there anything useful in the physical release of tales of hearts r? I am sitting on an unopened copy and wondering if I should go digital or do the b2g1 at GameStop that's going on.
there's nothing in there just the game. There was a collectors edition but it was contest exclusive so only 5 people have them. Those will probably fetch alot of money.

Picked up:

Tales of Heart R
Monster Monpiece

I'm still on the fence about HDN: Rebirth 2, do I have to play the first one??

And also, I just have a 4 GB card, is it possible to download it on my memory just by knowing that I have that quantity only? (I'm planning on upgrading soon)

Picked up:

Tales of Heart R
Monster Monpiece

And also, I just have a 4 GB card, is it possible to download it on my memory just by knowing that I have that quantity only? (I'm planning on upgrading soon)
No you don't have to but you really should, and you can tell for yourself by finding the download size on the game's webstore page.

Picked up:

Tales of Heart R
Monster Monpiece

ReBirth 2 is about 3 1/2 gigs. I know because I downloaded it today, and my 64gig card is becoming distressingly cramped.

Is there a way to remove the license for a free PS+ game from your account? I got Grim Fandango Remastered back in January, but with the 90% sale, I might as well just purchase it.

No. Only way to buy would be to let your PS+ lapse, and buy it at that time.
I thought there was a way to call support and have them remove the free PS+ game so you could buy it.. I vaguely remember someone mentioning the process during previous sales.

You can save your games to a computer using the Content Manager program, or QCMA if you want to avoid Vita firmware updates. My personal recommendation? Get an 8GB card at least. Even 16GB doesn't go as far as I'd like, honestly.

No you don't have to but you really should, and you can tell for yourself by finding the download size on the game's webstore page.
Kinda guessed i should play it first, the price on the 2 is much more enticing, even though it's not much.

ReBirth 2 is about 3 1/2 gigs. I know because I downloaded it today, and my 64gig card is becoming distressingly cramped.
I've barely had my vita for a couple of months, and even though i don't play it everyday, these rpgs are making my money fly lol.

You can save your games to a computer using the Content Manager program, or QCMA if you want to avoid Vita firmware updates. My personal recommendation? Get an 8GB card at least. Even 16GB doesn't go as far as I'd like, honestly.
I've been eyeing a 16 on Warehouse that i've seen them for as low as $36 or so, if i could find it at that price then i will definitely pick it up, but if not i'm okay with an 8gb one.

So many games and so little progress on deciding.

All but certainly getting:

Mega Man Legends

Stories

Submerged

Tharsis - Looks great but still a bit expensive

Shantae Pirates Curse - Already have it on 3DS though

Super Stardust Ultra

Debating:

A Boy and His Blob

Pocket God vs Desert Ashes

Tales of Xillia 2 - To replace disc copy

LBP3 - To replace disc copy

Giana Sisters Dream Runners

Knock Knock

Jamestown+ - Have it on Steam

I Am Bread

The Bit Trip - Have most of the games on Steam

The Sun and Moon

Widgets Odyssey

Thinking of tales of hearts r and volume. Anyone have opinions on either one? Both have solid reviews.
If you have played other tales of titles its pretty good combat wise. Like a step up from vesperia. Minus magic anyway as nothing beats how crazy awesome the spells were in that title. Especially with insta casting.

I don't know when they added it but I just accidentally discovered you can now click the touchpad in Vue to get some quick options. Notably the ability to switch to your last channel.

I picked up HDN Rebirth 1, 2, Noire, Tales of Hearts R, Hot Shots Golf, and Omega Quintet! Now to wait for ReBirth 3, Action Unleashed, and Producing Production to go back on sale!

Well I thought I had bought something from the sale, but found out that none of my purchases are going through. I can't even fund my wallet. So frustrating.

Kinda guessed i should play it first, the price on the 2 is much more enticing, even though it's not much.
It's not for story reasons (1 and 2 are pretty individualized when it comes to that), it's because the atmosphere in 2 is very dark and jarring compared to the others', so it's generally not recommended as a good starting point. If you don't mind starting out like that, though, then feel free.

And so using the last 20 bucks in my bank's arsenal, I got

Tales of Hearts R

Ray Gigant

Broken Age

Thus out of the whole sale I got:
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

Stories: The Path of Destinies

Ziggurat

Lords of the Fallen

Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star Plus

Hyperdevotion Noire Goddess Black Heart

With the three that I just bought today, that's....a whole lot of savings. Can't wait for tomorrow's sales

So many games and so little progress on deciding.

All but certainly getting:

Mega Man Legends

Stories

Submerged

Tharsis - Looks great but still a bit expensive

Shantae Pirates Curse - Already have it on 3DS though

Super Stardust Ultra

Debating:

A Boy and His Blob

Pocket God vs Desert Ashes

Tales of Xillia 2 - To replace disc copy

LBP3 - To replace disc copy

Giana Sisters Dream Runners

Knock Knock

Jamestown+ - Have it on Steam

I Am Bread

The Bit Trip - Have most of the games on Steam

The Sun and Moon

Widgets Odyssey
I recently learned these types of posts upsets some users of this forum. :baby: You should probably refrain from this type of activity in the future. :shame:

Related, I went ahead and bought:

Action Henk

Dreamals

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Directors Cut

Rally Copters

Stories: Path of Destinies

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back