PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Walking Dead is framed around the original comics, just like The Wolf Among Us is. It isn't tied to the show and you don't need to read the comics to enjoy either. It wouldn't hurt to read them to get a more well rounded experience, but in no way do you have to do it. Borderlands is based on the world but has no necessary ties to any of the games.

Game of Thrones however actually takes place in the middle of the TV series and I believe the entire game begins right after and will spoil one of the show's most important events. If you have no plans on watching the show then I'm sure you can still fully enjoy the game. If the show is something you want to get into one day, then I would buy it but hold off playing it. Playing the game without watching the show I would relate closely to playing the sequel to a story driven game, like Kingdom Hearts or Metal Gear Solid. You can still have a great time playing them, but there's nuances and former story you won't understand and playing the previous games would have filled in those gaps.
Yep, pretty much all of this. Game of Thrones is the only one I feel you really benefit from watching the show. I'm not into Borderlands or TWD and I only started reading Fables after playing The Wolf Among Us. However I have enjoyed all of those Telltale games. I'm pretty much ready to eat up anything they put out now.

The characters from the show don't have much to do with the main storyline of the game, though. You don't really need to know anything beyond the basic premise (several factions are fighting over control of the land) to enjoy the game.
Ramsay, Cersei and Margery are pretty integrated into the story. If you went into the game not knowing what kind of people they were, it would definitely change your expectations.

The characters from the show don't have much to do with the main storyline of the game, though. You don't really need to know anything beyond the basic premise (several factions are fighting over control of the land) to enjoy the game.
You can walk into Metal Gear Solid 2 without playing Metal Gear Solid, but most people would recommend you not do that. MGS2 wasn't built around or for people that didn't play the first game. It will expect you know characters already and their motivations and it will referencd things you won't get. GOT is exactly the same way. It was built under the assumption that you watched the show up until a certain point. It isn't going to introduce characters you're supposed to know. It isn't going to explain what's happening. That was one of the biggest criticisms the game got in reviews. It catered enormously to people that could be dropped into Season 4 of GOT and be able to navigate where this side story fits into the larger narrative.

Wow, Assault Suit Leynos looks great.  Cybernator (Assault Suit Valken I think?) is one of my favorite SNES games of all time.  A friend loaned me the (uncensored) import before Cybernator came out and I loved it, still play it all the time on WiiU VC.  It has a great feel of weight to the mechs.  Isn't the Leynos one a Saturn game that never came out here?  How does it compare to Valken?

Wow, Assault Suit Leynos looks great. Cybernator (Assault Suit Valken I think?) is one of my favorite SNES games of all time. A friend loaned me the (uncensored) import before Cybernator came out and I loved it, still play it all the time on WiiU VC. It has a great feel of weight to the mechs. Isn't the Leynos one a Saturn game that never came out here? How does it compare to Valken?
It's a remaster of the original. It was called Target Earth and was on the Genesis. I'm hearing mixed reports on the quality of the remaster.

It's a remaster of the original. It was called Target Earth and was on the Genesis. I'm hearing mixed reports on the quality of the remaster.
Yeah, I read that after but didn't want to answer my own question - Leynos II was the one on Saturn. Target Earth was merely ok. The trailer looks like they incorporated some of Valken "heft" to the mechs and fighting. I'll be keeping my eye on it, I honestly could care less if it is accurate to Target Earth - but if they made it closer to the later ones I might like it.

Does that also apply to people who've read the books but not watched the show?
Probably not. The game begins after the big event that concludes the Battle of the Five Kings. The show was following along with the books fairly closely back then I believe.

I'm about 4 hours into Steins;Gate and I'm going to put it on hold for the time and play some other stuff from the last two sales I'm interested in. If it was 6-7 hours long I would just power through it but knowing it's 20+ hours long and at this point I'm not really feeling the story or any of the characters I'll go back to it later and see if it grabs me.
yeah it's super slow in the beginning hours, but that is the beauty of this game and you will be absolutely hooked just in 1 or 2 hours IIRC

There is zero reason for you to play that Game of Thrones game if you don't watch the TV show.
I've never seen the show (although I have read the first two books) and I thought the game was fantastic. You'll get more out of it if you're familiar with the source material, but you do not need to know anything about Game of Thrones to understand the story of the Forresters.

Yeah, I read that after but didn't want to answer my own question - Leynos II was the one on Saturn. Target Earth was merely ok. The trailer looks like they incorporated some of Valken "heft" to the mechs and fighting. I'll be keeping my eye on it, I honestly could care less if it is accurate to Target Earth - but if they made it closer to the later ones I might like it.
I think the remake doesn't look too bad. It looks to be better than the original which isn't as good as Cybernator or Metal Warriors(if you're not opposed to emulators I would definitely recommend this one, the cartridge sells for crazy prices).

Good lord the Uncharted 4 multiplayer price for the new chests are 2000 & 3000 relics a pop... fuck that. Thank God I don't care for cosmetics, but man they went a little overboard with the pricing imo. There is also a 10000 relic cap, which sucks since now I have to go and spend money like there is no tomorrow. Hopefully there will be 4th of July sale soon.

Good lord the Uncharted 4 multiplayer price for the new chests are 2000 & 3000 relics a pop... fuck that. Thank God I don't care for cosmetics, but man they went a little overboard with the pricing imo. There is also a 10000 relic cap, which sucks since now I have to go and spend money like there is no tomorrow. Hopefully there will be 4th of July sale soon.
There will be a 5th of July sale.

I think the remake doesn't look too bad. It looks to be better than the original which isn't as good as Cybernator or Metal Warriors(if you're not opposed to emulators I would definitely recommend this one, the cartridge sells for crazy prices).
Metal Warriors! That's the one I forgot. I had that, great game - not as good as Cybernators, but the mech switching and variety was cool.

I've been wanting to check out the Shantae series for awhile and now seems like a good time. I know there is a physical release shantae game on the way. Is half genie hero going to be the same as either of the games on sale or is it a new game entirely?

I've been wanting to check out the Shantae series for awhile and now seems like a good time. I know there is a physical release shantae game on the way. Is half genie hero going to be the same as either of the games on sale or is it a new game entirely?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shantae

Half Genie Hero is the new game that was funded via Kickstarter. The two on sale are the two previous games.

Not a PSN deal, but crypt of the necrodancer just released on iOS for $5. Been patiently waiting for it to be that price on PSN. I'd rather have it on Vita since buttons > touch controls.

Spotify still doesn't work for me on PS4. It worked for like the first few weeks and then it just started hanging up at the loading right when you start it up. I've deleted it and redownloaded it multiple times and it won't go past the very first loading screen. I've searched online and I've seen other people who have the same problem and no fixes.

did they seriously *just* tell people about this? We've known about this in the Vita thread for almost 10 days now. I thought they already sold out...

(Not knocking you, Yacht club for being late to their party)

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/324199-ps-vita-deals-discussions-thread/page-630#entry13375985
I posted their announcement of it a week ago alongside the news about the upcoming new campaigns. I just figured I'd share the reminder for those that might've missed it.

I'm trying decide what's most and least likely to be free with PS+ between Nidhogg, The Fall, Volume, and Ziggurat. I think most likely is Nidhogg, haven't decide on least likely.

Gems of War update is awesome, lots of changes but main is adding classes. Makes the hero competitive again by adding perks, traits, leveling up, etc. I'v already unlocked 5 classes and got my archer to level 20 but still a team full of monsters is great. If only they made the archer a fey and not an elf I would be super happy. None of my monsters got nerfed tho so im glad. ill post a bunch of pix later

They seem to be sending out invites for the Kill Strain beta, though I'm not sure what for since the release date announcement mentioned PS+ users would get in a week early on 7/12 and they've just done the final wipe for stats and such. Everything you do from here on out sticks, though trophies aren't going to be in there until launch.

Those easy TellTale trophies would be one reason.
That's the main reason why I bought GoT on sale even though I've never watched the show. From what I gathered of the show, every character is a horrible person so it didn't sound like something I would want to watch. I can probably deal with it for a shiny Platinum though. :D

Nick Suttner, former CAG, 1up dude, and PlayStation Indie Game Champion, has announced that he's leaving PlayStation:

https://twitter.com/nsuttner/status/748670323168411648

No word on what's next for him, but he's taking a vacation right now to unwind for a bit. The new Blogcast episode is a farewell episode for him.

The PS2 version of the Metal Slug Anthology is coming next week, as mentioned on the above episode of the Blogcast.

I'm not sure if it's good news, or bad, that the Shovel Knight release for Vita hasn't sold out.  Hopefully it just means there's ample supply and that everyone, that wants to take advantage of the preorder, will have the opportunity.  Or were they going to produce based on pre-order numbers?  I can't remember and can lazy. 

IFI games are a dime a dozen. They are not bad persay (though some are like Trillion), but they're not that great either. I have had the most fun likely the with the Otomate games they do (I liked Code:Realize quite a bit), and also Monster Monpiece, which is on sale as well! Everything else is somewhere around meh to good to poor. Just my opinion but if the prices are good for you, go get them, and some like the blanc vs zombies will go lower for sure in the future.

Probably buying:

Dreamals - Only $1. Frisky stamp of approval. Try to avoid buying a game just because it is cheap (was never on radar).

Rally Copters - Only $2. Cross buy. Seems like a decent time waster.

Leaning towards buying:

Action Henk - Voted for it for PS+, would buy for $5 or less (my trigger for digital non-retail). Wait for next time on sale?

Stories: The Path of Destinies - Was already interested, $5 or less it would be bought. Wait for next time on sale?

Leaning towards not buying:

Citizens of Earth - Haven't played Earthbound, so no nostalgia factor, but less than $5. Destined for PS+?

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Directors Cut - Have non-directors on PS3 that I haven't played. Only $3. Buy again?

Shante: Risky's Revenge - Directors Cut- Have non-directors on 3DS that I haven't played. Only $2. Buy again?

The Swindle - Less than $5, but my guess it will eventually be on PS+.

[SIZE=13.3333px]Tales of Hearts R - Over $5. Would rather have on cart. Won't play right away, so wait for next time on sale?[/SIZE]

Wander - Interested before release, but know they failed on execution. I like digital tourism sometimes tho. Wait for cheaper?

Bought:

A Boy and His Blob

Pumped BMX+

Submerged

Volume

I'm a liar (it's only 70% off):

After careful consideration to all the replies, I'm going to wait until it is 75% off.

Ya know, save that $1.30.

With three more decisions like that this year, I'll be able to get a Starbucks.
Any thoughts on the above are appreciated.

I bought Stories after reading Frisky's review and skimming another online. Seems like a cool little game with a thoughtful art style.

I'm trying to keep myself from buying Doom.

I bought Stories after reading Frisky's review and skimming another online. Seems like a cool little game with a thoughtful art style.

I'm trying to keep myself from buying Doom.
Doom seems like the type of game you'll get on Black Friday for $15 or $20. Since it seems the half worth playing is the campaign, I find it easier to wait for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back