PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, the Mattel Football game and other classic oddball handheld/portable games of the past. I remember all that very well and that Tomy game too. We had mattel baseball where as my uncle had football. Football was a solid game. You can still buy Football over in the toys section at most walmart stores though it's just called "Electronic Football" in those versions and they separated the left/right button to separate left and right buttons to make it different enough from the original though it's still the same game. They also have the other games (baseball, basetball, hockey) on the website though in stores it seems they just about all have Electronic Football. For a while too they stocked a micro keychain version which was Mattel branded and I bought one for the nostalgia to go along with the Nintendo Game&Watch keychains that were around about the same time. Ah the stuff we had to settle for back in the day, but still loved because it was fun getting to game on the go.

Jumping forward...

I was fine playing FPS games with raycasting engines on the GBA like Ecks Vs Sever, Doom & Duke Nukem 3D despite the technology being 3 or whatever generations behind at the time and the controls being so limited. Getting all the content of the original Borderlands 2 game and it's expansions in portable form with a few compromises seems fine to me. I mean, we've come a long way even from the GBA & DS days. Heck even from the PSP days where the content often matched up very well with the PS2 versions but had to deal with gimped controls. It's another step forward in having handheld gaming close to the same level as modern console gaming. Sure it's not perfect but it's far from what we've had to settle for in the past.

Also, isn't the monthly PSN flash sale tomorrow? It seems to have the pattern of once a month the Friday after the 15th of the month.
Yeah, that's what I'm expecting as well. So far the old pages haven't been updated but it's still pretty early.

If there was a surprise flash sale today it probably would have leaked out earlier in the week.  It seems like the last 4 or 5 flash sales have all leaked a week early and we knew every title ahead of time.

If there was a surprise flash sale today it probably would have leaked out earlier in the week. It seems like the last 4 or 5 flash sales have all leaked a week early and we knew every title ahead of time.
Yeah, maybe they tightened up on those leaks...

However there have been 2 flash sales that were posted towards the end of the month... March 28th 2014 & June 26th 2015.

As long as the deals are good, I'll be patient and wait.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/17/introducing-the-limited-edition-gold-playstation-4-bundle

Taco Bell is giving away 6,000 Gold PS4 Bundles from 9/24 to 11/4 that include a Gold PS4/DS4, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, a year of PS+.
fucking A. Won a PS4 last year from this. In for two.

Hey guys I just got a PS4 and need friends too :(
I usually add people if they have their PSN id in their sig. Add me if you want.

Sorry for asking here, but I didn't see a PS3 General Discussion thread and frankly I doubt my post would've gotten a response on that thread any time soon anyway.

I have a 1TB Seagate portable hard drive, and my PS3 (fat 20GB model) doesn't recognize it. Doesn't even acknowledge that there's a USB device connected. Was wondering if anyone who might've had a similar issue had any luck using a "Y" cable (USB Micro-B -> dual USB A) to get that working. I just want to use it to watch movies and stuff, I'm not trying to use it as a storage device for my PS3 content.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for asking here, but I didn't see a PS3 General Discussion thread and frankly I doubt my post would've gotten a response on that thread any time soon anyway.

I have a 1TB Seagate portable hard drive, and my PS3 (fat 20GB model) doesn't recognize it. Doesn't even acknowledge that there's a USB device connected. Was wondering if anyone who might've had a similar issue had any luck using a "Y" cable (USB Micro-B -> dual USB A) to get that working. I just want to use it to watch movies and stuff, I'm not trying to use it as a storage device for my PS3 content.

Thanks in advance.
Did you reformat/partition your HDD to FAT32? PS3 can't use NTFS-partitioned hard drives (all modern external HDDs are partitioned as NTFS by default), and of course it can't store any games on external HDDs.

Just a tip for formatting fat32, there's a free program on the web (google it, the one I got I think was from this site: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/fat32format.htm ) called fat32format.  I had to use it to format an external drive for a video camera system as well as to format my 64gb micro sd card for my tablet.

Just keep in mind Fat32 has a file size limit of 4gb and I believe a drive size of 2tb.  So a 1tb drive will be fine just make sure the content is under 4gb per file.

Hmmm.....on the fence about DriveClub. I'm tempted by the sale price but can't seem to get into the controls.

I wish there were more good racing games on PS4, otherwise I'd easily skip it.

Hmmm.....on the fence about DriveClub. I'm tempted by the sale price but can't seem to get into the controls.

I wish there were more good racing games on PS4, otherwise I'd easily skip it.
I have heard wonderful things about PCars. Obviously not the same type of game but if you enjoy sim racers it's supposedly the best one on PS4. That said, I think for $20 you can do much worse than DC. Maybe wait for Need for Speed.

I have heard wonderful things about PCars. Obviously not the same type of game but if you enjoy sim racers it's supposedly the best one on PS4. That said, I think for $20 you can do much worse than DC. Maybe wait for Need for Speed.
I like ProjectCARS quite a bit over Drive Club (just from the PS+ version at least). Doesn't hurt that I got PC during the Amazon $2.99 game/DLC mix up, but as far as PS4 racers go, it would be the one that I'd recommend. Everything comes down to preference of course.

And TBH, I veer more towards less sim, more forgiving racers like Forza Horizon 2, which remains my go to racing game until something better comes along.

I know a ton of people here and on SD have won PS4s and Vitas from them. Do you guys just eat it three times a day during the promo or what?
I won on my third try and I only entered late at night/early morning.

Thanks in advance.
The hard drives have to be in a certain format to work on PS3. ( FAT32 format ).

If you reformat it, make sure you back up your data because it will delete everything on it.

So how about that Destiny Exotic Engram farming "glitch"/"oversight by bungie" lolol using 3oC's from XUR...got tons of exotics today (year 2) woot.

Idk if you play Destiny, but you could buy the 3 of Coins from XUR which helps give higher chances of Exotics. 7 Strange Coins gave 5 3oC's and you could just do a level 14 mission and kill yourself at the boss and redo it over and over and over using the 3oC's....I got all this this morning by spending all of my 260 strange coins (all exotic year 2's):

Primary - 2x Suros Regime, 2x The Last Word, 2x Jade Rabbit, 4x Hawkmoon
Secondary - 2x Telesto, 4x 4 Horseman, Invective, h ereafter
Heavy - Nada

Helmet - Knucklehead Radar, 2x Mask of the Third Man, Skybruners Annex, Stag, 2x Celestial Nighthawk
Chest - 4x Alpha Lupi (hunter), 1x Alpha Lupi (titan), Alchemist Raiment, 1x Unopened
Gloves - 1x Engrams, 2x Sealed Ahamkara Grasps, Ruin Wings, Young Ahama Spine, Immolation Fists, Claws of Aka, 1x Unopened
Legs - Nada

I play Destiny and still need Google Translate.
Obviously not ;D

Essentially the "3 of Coins" gives you a higher chance of an exotic drop from a certain type of enemy; an Ultra or Strike/Mission boss.

People were glitching/exploiting it on a certain mission where you could kill yourself and the boss and just keep repeating it while using the "3 of Coins"; netting you a ton of exotics.

Hard to believe PSTV will only be out a year next month. Think we'll get a PSTV flash sale for it? Nah, neither do I.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/10/poll-vote-for-the-best-playstation-game-of-all-time/

The PlayStation Blog held a vote for their readers to determine the best PlayStation games of all-time and the votes are now in:

Bronze:
Crash Bandicoot: Warped

Silver:
Crash Bandicoot

Gold:
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back Final Fantasy VII

Platinum:
Metal Gear Solid

That Bronze choice makes no sense in the context of the series. I'd hope that people got confused and thought that was the second game's subtitle.

I've been playing the heck out of La-Mulana on my PSTV.  What a spectacularly fantastic metroidvania game.  It has a nice difficulty curve about it.  Often I have to contemplate pressing on forward or warping back to a save spot to make sure all my work isn't lost.  It gives me a strong sense of nostalgia for NES Metroid and Castlevania II.   I'm just loving the heck out of this game, but I do love metroidvania's and more than that games with a ton of exploration required with all kinds of hidden secrets and puzzles to solve.  Really, it's this game that's pushing me harder than ever to grab a Vita BL2 bundle.  I'm glad they are making a sequel to this game, but I really want it to get a Vita/PSTV port which last I looked wasn't in the works.

Anyway, nothing on a flash sale yet.  Maybe it will be next Friday if not this one.

Idk if you play Destiny, but you could buy the 3 of Coins from XUR which helps give higher chances of Exotics. 7 Strange Coins gave 5 3oC's and you could just do a level 14 mission and kill yourself at the boss and redo it over and over and over using the 3oC's....I got all this this morning by spending all of my 260 strange coins (all exotic year 2's):

Primary - 2x Suros Regime, 2x The Last Word, 2x Jade Rabbit, 4x Hawkmoon
Secondary - 2x Telesto, 4x 4 Horseman, Invective, h ereafter
Heavy - Nada

Helmet - Knucklehead Radar, 2x Mask of the Third Man, Skybruners Annex, Stag, 2x Celestial Nighthawk
Chest - 4x Alpha Lupi (hunter), 1x Alpha Lupi (titan), Alchemist Raiment, 1x Unopened
Gloves - 1x Engrams, 2x Sealed Ahamkara Grasps, Ruin Wings, Young Ahama Spine, Immolation Fists, Claws of Aka, 1x Unopened
Legs - Nada
Is that still working, It will probably be what I'm doing today

There's a flash sale today on the vita store. I'll let frisky take care of the rest.

Edit: Banner on webstore is up

24f492731a.jpg

Is that still working, It will probably be what I'm doing today
Yes, Deej posted saying that it works...and they wont be fixing it for some time.

I used all of my strange coins already :/

Well, good morning, Reddit!

I was just conferring with the Design Team about how Three of Coins is performing in the wild. It is their assessment, and yours as well, given the context of the dialogue here, that the drop rates are too damn high. For now, this will play in your favor...

You earned those coins. Have fun spending them. The Nine may be delighted that you're blowing them all now.

As always, thanks for being an outstanding source of feedback and awareness. We like you just fine.

DeeJ, out.

Obviously not ;D

Essentially the "3 of Coins" gives you a higher chance of an exotic drop from a certain type of enemy; an Ultra or Strike/Mission boss.

People were glitching/exploiting it on a certain mission where you could kill yourself and the boss and just keep repeating it while using the "3 of Coins"; netting you a ton of exotics.
This is much easier to understand than that Russian Destiny lore you were spitting out earlier.

I played a bit of Kitten Squad, video coming tomorrow, and I was surprised to see Luc Bernard's name attached to the game. He's the guy that made Mecho Wars and Desert Ashes, the Advanced Wars clones that were released on PS3/PSP/Vita with a really unique art style to make them stand out (PSN Page for Desert Ashes). It has a more down to earth art style than those games, but it still has a similar look as those previous games. Kitten Squad itself is a dual-stick shooter where you can take on bounties, story quests, and earn money to buy cosmetic items that is pretty decent.

Made some videos of Kitten Squad and Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNhniyaYt9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCPPR3vCAJs

Did you reformat/partition your HDD to FAT32? PS3 can't use NTFS-partitioned hard drives (all modern external HDDs are partitioned as NTFS by default), and of course it can't store any games on external HDDs.
Just a tip for formatting fat32, there's a free program on the web (google it, the one I got I think was from this site: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/fat32format.htm ) called fat32format. I had to use it to format an external drive for a video camera system as well as to format my 64gb micro sd card for my tablet.

Just keep in mind Fat32 has a file size limit of 4gb and I believe a drive size of 2tb. So a 1tb drive will be fine just make sure the content is under 4gb per file.

The hard drives have to be in a certain format to work on PS3. ( FAT32 format ).

If you reformat it, make sure you back up your data because it will delete everything on it.
Thanks guys (and anyone who may have replied after these 3).

Also learned today that I don't actually have to put my video files in a folder named "videos" to watch them, which is a nice little thing to know. Was kind of a pain in the ass to move things around any time I wanted to watch something different.

I played a bit of Kitten Squad, video coming tomorrow, and I was surprised to see Luc Bernard's name attached to the game. He's the guy that made Mecho Wars and Desert Ashes, the Advanced Wars clones that were released on PS3/PSP/Vita with a really unique art style to make them stand out (PSN Page for Desert Ashes). It has a more down to earth art style than those games, but it still has a similar look as those previous games. Kitten Squad itself is a dual-stick shooter where you can take on bounties, story quests, and earn money to buy cosmetic items that is pretty decent.
I played through it today and I enjoyed it also. There are only 5-6 quests so it's pretty short (probably took me maybe two hours) and it's fairly easy. As someone who is very passionate about animal rights issues I mainly downloaded it out of curiosity but it's a decent game and I got more enjoyment out of it than the majority of the "pay" games I get from PS+.

Does the memory card adapter for PS3 actually work? I have one, and I want to transfer my PS2 card saves over to my slim PS3 to use with my PS2 classic downloads but they don't seem to be working. At least, the downloaded games don't seem to be recognizing the saves. I really don't want to restart games like La Pucelle Tactics and Persona 3: FES over from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back