PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me first say what an awesome game Super Meat Boy is and it is about damn time it came to Playstation. Let me also say that the new sound track for the game (thus far) is terrible compared to the original. Why would the game developers not include the original soundtrack as an option instead of making me feel like I am stuck in the Deep South listening to that infernal banjo riff over and over again.
It's not like they changed it because they were bored. They couldn't work out a deal for the licensing rights with the original composer.

Let me first say what an awesome game Super Meat Boy is and it is about damn time it came to Playstation. Let me also say that the new sound track for the game (thus far) is terrible compared to the original. Why would the game developers not include the original soundtrack as an option instead of making me feel like I am stuck in the Deep South listening to that infernal banjo riff over and over again.
Licensing. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/02/super-meat-boy-leaps-onto-ps4-ps-vita-on-october-6th-with-new-soundtrack/

"Long story short, we couldn’t secure the rights to include the old soundtrack with the release of the game on PS4 and PS Vita."

Edit- I didn't remember the soundtrack but I think you're probably right. Listened to the track in that blog post and it's bad. Went and searched for the OST on YouTube and randomly found the original version of that song and it's so much better.

What the hell else does the composer do other than soundtracks for the meat boy guy's games? Can't secure licensing? Did the meat boy dev talk shit about his mom?

[quote name="FriskyTanuki" post="12956282" timestamp="1444177178"]https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/651461881719357444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lCcZgVW32Q

There will be more tables in the pack, but this is the first announcement.[/quote]I remember you posted something about a family guy table, has there been anymore news on that?

Wait. You're seriously suggesting/implying that Sony and Harmonix somehow colluded to release DLC before some completely unrelated promotion started?

Like, seriously? It doesn't even make sense on it's face. Sony doesn't care what you buy, it just wants you to spend money (like $100). Buy avatars, buy Rock Band, buy Uncharted Collection... whatever. And Harmonix doesn't care if Sony has some $15 back promotion that doesn't affect them, since they get their cut either way.

I mean, this conspiracy you're suggesting doesn't even make a lick of sense.
I'm not implying the DLC being back at full price is a conspiracy. I was just noting that the DLC is back at full price again, so obviously now's the time to encourage its purchase with a promo like this (that and the new game being out and all).

The conspiracy is the shit sales ahead for this month to encourage people to spend their money on Rock Band and Guitar Hero DLC instead at full price.

The $15 promo is only further proof of this encouragement, as it starts the day Rock Band launches and ends about two weeks after Guitar Hero Live drops.

Seemingly, what you spend your money on doesn't matter to Sony but it does matter to Harmonix and Activision, who may have encouraged Sony to run this promotion (specifically Harmonix, who has exclusivity deals with Sony already), knowing Sony would make bank off its share of all the music DLC purchases this month. It's a promotion pretty much tailored for people buying insane amounts of music DLC, but supposedly doesn't cost Harmonix or Activision their share at all (or whatever royalties they may have to pay out per purchase).

Why not wait 'till November (Black Friday month) to do this promo instead? Why do this 15% back promo at all? Is October just typically a crappy month for people spending money on PSN? The timing's just too right.

I'm not actually convinced there's some scary conspiracy here, just businesses working together at the expense of any decent sales for this month.

Also, what you spend your $100 on does somewhat matter to Sony, in the sense that they'd rather you buy full-priced PSN content than not. Why? Because they get a greater chunk of your change while you get the same amount of content. Do you think they don't care whether you buy Rocket League at 50% off or at full price?

The last time they did one of these promos they did it during a big E3 sale and a flash sale. They don't shy away from doing these promotions during sales. Some were gloomy when the first 10% code was going to be given after a big weekly sale. Then the weekly sale with the code ended up being just as big, and there was flash sale that weekend as well.

Thinking this means the sales for the next four weeks will be bad is just like thinking a weekly sale is sparse before the PSN store updates with all the sales.

Also, one could have bought the 50% off Rock Band dlc during the previous $100 Spent promotion. It was known before then that dlc would carry over. We had the chance to stack the Rock Band sale with this promotion.

The last time they did one of these promos they did it during a big E3 sale and a flash sale. They don't shy away from doing these promotions during sales.

Also, one could have bought the 50% off Rock Band dlc during the previous $100 Spent promotion. It was known before then that dlc would carry over. We had the chance to stack the Rock Band sale with this promotion.
Yeah, but during the E3 sale/flash sale, they didn't have incentive to specifically try to push a certain type of content like they do this month. I'm pretty sure music DLC is one of the biggest moneydumps on XBL/PSN outside of full games and with both of the first new music games of this console gen coming out, the best chance to get tons of DLC purchases (at full price) is this month.

As for the last promotion, I'm going to assume the average PSN user had no idea it was going to carry over, which is who they're banking on with this. But that's a valid point.

I could be wrong, but only time will tell. I just think it's pretty obvious why there's a cash back promo this month, and there's a decent chance sales will continue to suck like this week and (less so) last week throughout the month. I would be surprised if there wasn't a flash sale, but I think that'd be the exception to this.

https://twitter.com/werezompire/status/651139435422093314
Oh damn thanks for the reminder. I remember reading about this game quite a while back and thinking it looked really good. Nice to know its nearing release. Out of curiosity is it going to be cross buy or do i have to pick between ps4/ps3/vita, whatever its coming out on?

Why not wait 'till November (Black Friday month) to do this promo instead? Why do this 15% back promo at all? Is October just typically a crappy month for people spending money on PSN? The timing's just too right.
It's a thing they've done for the past few years:

October 2012:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/01/big-savings-buy-100-on-psn-in-october-get-20-psn-credit/

October 2014:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/01/get-15-for-spending-100-or-more-on-ps-store/

So it's kind of a pattern now.

That's interesting, I don't remember last year's. Maybe there's some sort of sales slump on PSN in October after all. How strange. I still like my theory better. :whistle2:
A simple search in the PS Blog using the key words 'october sales' would put to rest your so called theory. But, here you go...

2013:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/21/sale-of-the-dead-discounts-on-the-last-of-us-puppeteer-and-more/
2014:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/21/sale-of-the-dead-daylight-outlast-and-more-on-sale/
flash sale (2014):
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/17/october-flash-sale-more-than-20-games-30-movies-discounted/

That may not seem like a lot of sales but the quality and quantity of items in a sale are important to some consumers. In my case, I've spent more in the month of October in recent years then any other month.

Ugh I got charged for a year of PSN+ when I just had bought a year but hadn't put it in yet. So how do I go about getting this refunded? It used PSN credit I had...

There will probably be another 2 week sale of the dead (scary / demonic games) starting on either the 12th or the 19th. There is usually a good assortment of deals in that.

They drop, but I don't remember them dropping super quickly. Either way, if you enjoy the games, they have a ton of content and can easily be worth the launch price.
Yeah!!!! Prinny dude!!!!! ;-)

edit: Man I hope there's a GOOD deal on "Deception 3" on PS4. Any deal better then the last PS4 deal on it, especially if it's comparable to the PS3 price last time and I will bite.

There will probably be another 2 week sale of the dead (scary / demonic games) starting on either the 12th or the 19th. There is usually a good assortment of deals in that.
Let's hope so since those are usually pretty good. They did skip other sales they had done previous years though.

With Until Dawn a fairly recent release, I think we'll get a nice Halloween Sale this year with that as a featured title.  Not a huge discount or anything, but... something.   

I've been thinking about getting Binding of Isaac and/or Super Meat Boy for Vita. I don't know much about them, besides the fact that they're both really hard.

I heard that Isaac was a roguelike, and I like those.

I've been thinking about getting Binding of Isaac and/or Super Meat Boy for Vita. I don't know much about them, besides the fact that they're both really hard.

Shhhhhh, affa's going to hear you and you don't want that.

BOI is a progressive, perma-death, quad directional, gambling, experimentation, matricide simulator.

I think BoI sucks but there's no way to convince anyone of that. Nobody could convince ME of that until I beat it a couple of times. So just get the damn thing so you can finish with it.

Binding of Issac is a fantastic game and really gets you sucked in with the "just one more try" mentality. When starting out will take you some time to feel like you are progressing but gets more and more fun with the more items you unlock and the great combos you can get with said items. Unlocking other characters can make it easier as well.

Its a great mix of classic zelda dungeon style and rogue like games.

One of the best indie games out there.

You're triggering me by saying it's anything like Zelda but I'm not gonna argue that it's pedantry.

He's right just buy the damn thing. It's a clinic in the subgenre and the only way you stand a chance of analyzing the subgenre at all is to at least play some of it.

Are you stupid? You say that literally immediately after I say "just buy the game." I mean, I understand not really caring about the quality of the games you buy but you should put SOME care into the stuff you write.

is psn down for anyone?  I cant connect online and when I try to launch super meatboy it says can;t connect to server to verify license despite my other ps plus games working, I installed the newest firmware ealier

My friends are saying battlefront beta is out on PSN store 

but I cant find it, am I retarded?

cuz search dosnt work either

BoI is totally worth checking out. The insane amount of items with the different unlockable characters make it a very fun and rewarding experience.

Is the online PlayStation Store down for anyone else?  I've been trying to check on the Battlefront beta all morning, but this is the only page I've seen so far- 

[attachment=17547:playStation®Store.png]

Shhhhhh, affa's going to hear you and you don't want that.

BOI is a progressive, perma-death, quad directional, gambling, experimentation, matricide simulator.
Binding of Isaac was my GOTY the year it came out. Utterly fantastic.

But yea, it has permadeath and procedurally generated levels but otherwise isn't a roguelike... just a roguelite. But nobody uses the right terms anymore, so Eldritch is right to sound the alarm.

The game basically starts when you beat it for the first time. I'm serious about that. Soooo much unlockable content that builds out both the game and the story, it's amazing.

I hope this speeds up the cheap Uncharted codes like Last of Us was/is.
I didn't even think of that. This would be amazing. I already plat'd them all so don't want to spend too much... though I would like to playthrough them all again. A cheap digital code would be perfect since I could see myself replaying them again in several more years.

Currently finishing up my TLOU Remastered MP trophies after getting all the SP ones months ago. Dang I love the MP in this game. Survivor mode [1 life, like CSGo, etc] should exist in all MP games.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/apps/dramafever/cid=UP8903-CUSA03400_00-DRAMAFEVER000100

There's a new DramaFever app for PS4 that lets you stream a variety of drama shows from Europe, Korea, Japan, and Taiwan for free, probably with ads.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/08/universal-media-remote-for-ps4-releases-late-october/

Fancy blog post about the new remote for PS4 that's out later this month. It'll be nice to be able to navigate the PS4 menu without using up the DualShock 4's battery.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/08/playstation-store-september-2015s-top-sellers/

The Top Sellers on PSN for September is up. Destiny sweeps all of its possible categories with Metal Gear Solid 3 and GTA: San Andreas taking the Vita and PS Classics categories last month. Rocket League, plus its DLC, and Until Dawn are still strong on the list. Heroes of Loot also made the Vita list, which is nice to see.

If you have a Smart tv there's a fair to good chance your remote sorta kinda already works with your ps4 but you might end up more frustrated after trying it.
FTFY

Personally, i'm really hoping this remote coming out makes Harmony remotes work better with PS4 (via some firmware update). Technically, Harmony remotes can work on a very limited functionality, but it's not worth trying in my opinion. One of the dumbest things is that you can't even turn on the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back