PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The truth isn't aggressive. It just is what it is.
Here's the truth, you are wandering into a thread, posting off topic unprovoked personal attacks on me. And I don't even know who you are for that matter. I don't remember if I have ever said one cross word to you.

But that doesn't seem to matter to your personal crusade to stalk me around the site and post passive-aggressive sneers about me in conversations that do not concern you.

Doesn't that seem a little silly to you? It does to me.

I don't care about actual first party games for the Vita, because to be honest there aren't (m)any Sony games that interest me (it's why I don't have a PS3 or PS4). It's the principle of it, and how Sony likes to do everything in their power to destroy the Vita. It's extremely vexing.
Do you own a Vita?

Here's the truth, you are wandering into a thread, posting off topic unprovoked personal attacks on me. And I don't even know who you are for that matter. I don't remember if I have ever said one cross word to you.

But that doesn't seem to matter to your personal crusade to stalk me around the site and post passive-aggressive sneers about me in conversations that do not concern you.

Doesn't that seem a little silly to you? It does to me.
I don't follow you, you just post dumb trolling comments across a few threads I frequent very often. You've been called out by several other people in this thread and the JP thread for your trolling. Just simply wanting to warn others to avoid responding to your nonsensical rants.

And you've been called out for cyberstalking, so that makes us even, no?

The JP thread is where people freely post actionable slander though, so call outs don't really mean anything there... if they do anywhere.

Hardly makes it even that you're paranoid and the only one to say that as opposed to several people other than myself for calling you out lol.

Also that last bit is a flat out lie, nothing I post is nonsensical.

I never, EVER pick these fights. This board just can't stop making every thread about me. It's really, really sad.

Please, point out the post you do not understand. Nothing I post is nonsense. Just ask, and I will explain it to you.

Your cyberstalking has been called out. You started this fight in a conversation that does not concern you. And now you lie about it and lol it off.

Wii U/3DS/Vita/PC is a good combo, actually. You get all the Nintendo goodness, and the Vita has a lot that the 3DS doesn't. And most AAA titles are likely to appear on PC so you're not missing much by not having a PS4/X1.

If Sony wanted to get rid of the Vita, there'd be no units or games on shelves at all.
Sadly, on the game side, that's almost true. Walk into a Best Buy, Target or Wal-Mart and many will only have two or three games in stock. GameStop is the only place likely to carry more.

Of course, this is the retailers choice if they aren't selling well, not Sony's.

Wii U/3DS/Vita/PC is a good combo, actually. You get all the Nintendo goodness, and the Vita has a lot that the 3DS doesn't. And most AAA titles are likely to appear on PC so you're not missing much by not having a PS4/X1.
It's really a terrible combo, actually. Missing out on the huge, diverse game libraries that exist on the PS3 and 360, and the true next-generation games on PS4 and XB1, is just sad. Wii U and 3DS are extremely limited, they really can't offer anything close to the other consoles.

It's really a terrible combo, actually. Missing out on the huge, diverse game libraries that exist on the PS3 and 360, and the true next-generation games on PS4 and XB1, is just sad. Wii U and 3DS are extremely limited, they really can't offer anything close to the other consoles.
He has a PC so that compensates for not having a last gen console or current one. PC gets nearly all the same games save for first party published titles (and even then MS seems more willing to bring that stuff over)

Sadly, on the game side, that's almost true. Walk into a Best Buy, Target or Wal-Mart and many will only have two or three games in stock. GameStop is the only place likely to carry more.

Of course, this is the retailers choice if they aren't selling well, not Sony's.
most of the Vita's library is digital. Thats why. And frankly since it isnt getting many AAA titles, Im fine with that. Unfortunately Sony makes that a challenge since their cards are so expensive

He has a PC so that compensates for not having a last gen console or current one. PC gets nearly all the same games save for first party published titles (and even then MS seems more willing to bring that stuff over)
Not really a good alternative to consoles. Most people don't hook up their PCS to TVs, due to logistics, or unless they have dedicated PC boxes in their entertainment centers. That leaves playing on dinky monitors or laptop screens, a poor alternative to the big screen. Never understood how people could consider PCS as practical alternatives to consoles, and yes I do have a pretty good sized Steam library, and two gamer-quality laptops.

most of the Vita's library is digital. Thats why. And frankly since it isnt getting many AAA titles, Im fine with that. Unfortunately Sony makes that a challenge since their cards are so expensive
Amen to that. I'm fine with digital but those proprietary cards are ridiculous in price.

My point was that PC has many of the AAA games that are on PlayStation and Xbox, so you're not missing much in the way of actual games with that combination.

My point was that PC has many of the AAA games that are on PlayStation and Xbox, so you're not missing much in the way of actual games with that combination.
But it is far less convenient as an entertainment center gaming device, which is my point. Unless the Steam boxes catch on (which is doubtful, based on price alone), PCs just don't offer a dedicated, consistent, easy to use gaming platform at all.

With the little steambox, which is basically a vita TV for PC gaming, its not too hard to stream your PC gaming to any TV in your house.  So I'd say at this point its fairly equivalent, especially with good controller support (steam or xbox one) and steam big picture mode.

The bigger issue imo is that there are still a number of really poorly done ports.  Batman Arkham Knight is unplayable for many on PC.  Mortal Kombat X was a giant mess.  Assassins Creed Syndicate was delayed a month, as was Metal Gear Online (still not out?).  GTA5 was released like six months (?) after the ps4/xbone version.  Destiny is completely unavailable on PC and its probably the game that I have pumped the most hours into in 2015.  

So pros and cons really.  With PC as well you are stuck with the game forever, whereas with Best Buy and GCU I can turn around games for essentially free.  Paid $40 for Assassins Creed Syndicate, finished it in a week, traded it back into Best Buy for $43.50 in credit which will pay for Black Ops 3 and receive the same turnaround.  Even with deep discounts, in the first month I'd be paying $30-40 or so for each on PC and have no option for trading back.  PC gaming really shines when you are picking up 1-2+ year old games for 70-90% discounts and can run them forever, but I also want to play launch day games and PC is imo the worst for that.

Lol. 1300+ rating on Tomba 2 already and its only gotten 2 stars on psn. Probably since it's a Japanese import.

Oh I see what you did there. That's the old crappy one from last year. Silly link person. :nottalking:

With the little steambox, which is basically a vita TV for PC gaming, its not too hard to stream your PC gaming to any TV in your house. So I'd say at this point its fairly equivalent, especially with good controller support (steam or xbox one) and steam big picture mode.

The bigger issue imo is that there are still a number of really poorly done ports. Batman Arkham Knight is unplayable for many on PC. Mortal Kombat X was a giant mess. Assassins Creed Syndicate was delayed a month, as was Metal Gear Online (still not out?). GTA5 was released like six months (?) after the ps4/xbone version. Destiny is completely unavailable on PC and its probably the game that I have pumped the most hours into in 2015.

So pros and cons really. With PC as well you are stuck with the game forever, whereas with Best Buy and GCU I can turn around games for essentially free. Paid $40 for Assassins Creed Syndicate, finished it in a week, traded it back into Best Buy for $43.50 in credit which will pay for Black Ops 3 and receive the same turnaround. Even with deep discounts, in the first month I'd be paying $30-40 or so for each on PC and have no option for trading back. PC gaming really shines when you are picking up 1-2+ year old games for 70-90% discounts and can run them forever, but I also want to play launch day games and PC is imo the worst for that.
Sounds like Syndicate is pretty short if you were able to finish it in a week. Did you do a main-mission-only speed run?

I'm not a PC gamer so forgive the noob question but how come those games ran like shit on PC? I thought Xbox One and PS4 were heralded for being close to PCs, making porting to PC a cinch. It sounds like those games are virtually unplayable.

I see no problem with using PC to replace PS4/Xbone. A monitor is perfectly fine for playing most of these games and the PC has gotten great ports of everything that appeals. Of course I don't care about Arkham Knight or Ass Creed but running great TPP, Mad Max, SoM... Good SW4. Decent OPPW3. You're not in a bad way. Really the only thing my PS4 is good for is DmC DE and Onechanbara.

If you're willing to shell out Vita cash for memcards you can drink deep of the Koei ports of Deception and musou too.

Yes rapidly playing new AAA games and selling them is a good business if you can get it but what kinda weak ass backlog do you have where a friggen Assassins Creed game gets to the head of the line, is rapidly played, and then quickly tossed aside?

I'm not a PC gamer so forgive the noob question but how come those games ran like shit on PC? I thought Xbox One and PS4 were heralded for being close to PCs, making porting to PC a cinch. It sounds like those games are virtually unplayable.
I think there's a lot less money to be made in selling PC games versus console games, so PC gets less priority by devs/publishers. I'm pretty sure there are more console gamers than PC gamers and PC games probably get pirated more or discounted more. All that coupled with the fact that there can be millions of PC hardware combinations, etc. that are difficult to plan/optimize for.

I don't know about that. Here's the Vita section from my local Wal-Mart:

The Vita section:
CS1KcFqVAAAG5zK.jpg

The Vita section of the Clearance/Value rack, which these games actually used to be situated behind a pole in a previous arrangement:

CS1KctPUEAA3695.jpg

Vita and PlayStation TV going strong:

CS1KdvCU8AAQe58.jpg

CS1KdQsUwAAutqW.jpg

Bonus Wii shots:

CS1L3onWcAAe1Nc.jpg

CS1L4RoWUAAKhX3.jpg

CS1L40aWsAEjS9Y.jpg

Publishers get a bit too greedy and careless with the development of the port and think nobody will get too upset by the issues while they work on an update or two to fix the issues over time. That and it often is that the developers hired for the project aren't given the time or resources to do a well done port.

Anyone else experiencing any weirdness with the web store?  I "bought" all the October PS+ games there a few weeks ago, and I got the receipt for my order, but in the web store, they're still showing as unpurchased (but free for plus) with an "add to cart" button, and when I tried to buy them again, it says I'm not eligible to purchase those items.

They're also not showing up in my download list on the web store (although everything I bought before and after is showing, just not the plus games...which were, ironically, the only ones I "bought" directly through the web store). 

They're showing as purchased on my ps3 and vita and are showing up in my download lists on the consoles, so I think everything is fine and it's just some sort of web store weirdness/bug.  But I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like that recently.

zombi --

hmm. spent an hour or two with it.  not sure what i think.  if you die, you start over... but can kill the zombie of your previous character to get gear back... ultimately, its kind of like reclaiming souls in Demon's Souls.   And there are shortcuts and such to unlock...

But where I had no problem in D*Souls going back to get my souls, and loved the combat... here I'm not so sure.   The starting weapon is a pistol and a rugby stick... but swinging it is so clunky (l2 to prime, r2 to swing... but it usually just knocks the zombie back and you need to time it again as it charges at you).   And normally I'm fine with clunky/hard combat in survival horror style games, but usually you can avoid combat, or hide... here it's just clunky swing after clunky swing.

Not feeling it. I -should- be loving it.  But I'm not feeling it.  Can't decide whether to invest more time into it or just give up on it.

Just completed the spend $100 get $15 back promo and I picked up 

:ps4: Bastion 
:ps4: White Night
:ps4: Lone Survivor
:ps4: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
:ps4: Rack n Ruin
:ps4: Zombi
:ps4: Driveclub Bikes
:ps4: Axiom Verge 
:ps4: Resident Evil Revelations 2 
:ps4: Unravel (preorder)

$105.90 for it. I did pretty good, I'll take it. 

Sounds like Syndicate is pretty short if you were able to finish it in a week. Did you do a main-mission-only speed run?
Nope, got the platinum. It only took about 25 hours, which is one of the shorter AC games. AC is one of my favorite series (yeah, I know) so I pretty much have to play em at release, fortunately Syndicate was pretty good and I really enjoyed it, felt like a fan service for AC2/AC4 fans. Plat was super easy too, only took an extra 1-2 hours after I finished the main story and side missions.

I'm playing the Halo campaign right now and going to trade it in this week after a few MP matches while Best Buy is running the 50% promo, again thanks to GCU it pretty much means its a free rental. Hard to really beat that.

My steam library is 1500+ with 99% of them unplayed, thanks to humble/indiegala. Most of those games are pretty crap though, I just buy em, run idlemaster to get cards, sell the cards to recoup most of the cost. I guess if the zombie apocalypse hit and the internet goes out but I still have power my PC will have plenty of games to play.

Did anyone mention this update about PSM activation that I got in my email today? I'm assuming Frisky did but I missed it in skimming while playing GHL.

On March 11, 2015, SCE notified users that they must activate their PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)/PlayStation®TV (PS TV) systems in order to continue playing their PlayStation®Mobile (PSM) content after the termination of the service. However, it has become apparent that even if users activate their devices by following the notified procedure, their devices may become deactivated in certain cases.

In response to the above, we have set a new device activation method and implementation period. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but we ask users to perform device activation by following the instructions below.

Device activation procedure*1:

• Users must update their PS Vita/PS TV systems*2 to the latest system software (version 3.55 and beyond), be connected online, and launch their purchased PSM content between October 13, 2015 and February 29, 2016. Activation will be completed just by launching the content once*3.

*1 Even after users complete the above procedure, if they swap their PS Vita memory cards or backup/restore their PS Vita/PS TV data, they must connect to the network the first time they are accessing PSM content.
*2 Up to three compatible devices (PS Vita, PlayStation®Certified devices) can be activated.
*3 If users deactivate their devices after February 29, 2016, they will no longer be able to play their purchased PSM content on the deactivated devices.

Sincerely,
The PlayStation Team

Terrible, just terrible.
:speaktothehand: Had to make do, I have no regrets. Everything is from sales except Axiom Verge and Unravel. Everything above Axiom is from the $50.93 I posted the other day so would have been bought even if there wasn't a promo. The other 3 was to finish it off and I wanted so it works out.

Yeah, I'm just messing with you.  At this point I'm surprised you just didn't wait for the next sales to drop and see if that affected your plans at all.

I still haven't decided for sure if I'm going to do it or not.  Let's see tomorrow's sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back