PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

July's PS+ Games - Ends 8/2

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

:ps3: Fat Princess

:ps4: Furi

:vita: Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

:ps4: Paragon - PS+ Starter Pack

:psp: Prince of Persia: Revelation

:ps4: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted

N/A

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4: :vita: Color Guardians - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

:ps4:  :vita: Corridor Z - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: CounterSpy - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4: :vita: Day of the Tentacle Remastered - $10.04 - 33% Off - Ends 7/22 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Hohokum - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3: Journey - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Last Wings - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 8/12 N

:ps4:   :ps3:   :vita: Loot Strategy-Packed Bundle - $14.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/18 [customspoiler=Includes]Back to Bed for PS4/PS3/Vita, Q*Bert: Rebooted for PS4/PS3/Vita, and Whispering Willows for PS4/Vita.[/customspoiler]

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert: Rebooted - $7.49 - 25% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/18

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Rogue Legacy - $8.49 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Sound Shapes - Add-on Bundle - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark - $3.49 - 65% Off - $2.49 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Swapper - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 7/19 N
:ps4:  :vita: Type:Rider - $7.19 - 10% Off - Ends 7/26 N

:ps4: :vita: Velocibox - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18 N

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and Theme - $8.74 - 30% Off - $6.24 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

PS4

Attacking Zegata - $5.00 - 50% Off

The Banner Saga - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga Complete Pack - $29.99 - 25% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/19

The Banner Saga 2 - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Driveclub - $7.49 - 63% Off
Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition & Season Pass Bundle - $19.99 - 69% Off

Electronic Super Joy - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 9/20

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Fluster Cluck - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/18

Galak-Z - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Ghostbuster Ultimate Game and Movie Bundle - $58.49 - 10% Off - Ends 11/15

The Last Tinker: City of Colors - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/18

Lost Sea - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/19

Loud on Planet X - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/2 N

Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom - $4.94 - 67% Off - Ends 8/5

MilitAnt - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26 N
N++ - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/19 N

Paragon Challenger Founder's Pack - $47.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Paragon Master Founder's Pack - $79.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/2

Push Me Pull You - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 7/18 N

Randal's Monday - $6.99 - 50% Off - $5.59 - 60% Off - Ends 7/25 N

Score Rush Extended - $9.59 - 20% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 11/15

Soul Axiom - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/26

Super Mutant Alien Assault - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/18 N

PS3

DeathSpank: The Baconing - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/19 N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Master Reboot - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 7/29

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A
VitaPS TV Compatibility

Boss! - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/29

Gravity Badgers - $0.59 - 90% Off - Ends 7/29

HTR+ Slot Car Simulation - $7.99 - 20% Off

Super Blackout - $1.99 - 60% Off - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/19CAG Made N

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS1 ClassicsPS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Minis - PS3/PSP Compatible - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

PS4 Add-ons

DC Universe Online

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Driveclub

Electronic Super Joy

Kitten Squad

Neverwinter

Pirates: Treasure Hunters

PlanetSide 2

Warframe

PS3 Add-ons

Ace Combat Infinity

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said, I liked the game but... I don't know if I was under leveled, not assigning skills correctly, or just not geared.
I was working through the main story, barely touching side missions unless they interested me.. and by the time I got to the Ogre boss.. I was being rocked left and right by most enemy encounters, followed by the next room where you're ambushed... there was now way for me to win.

I was told later that while it scales, you must play it like an MMO and do everything.
That troll is a tough fight, the funny thing is that if you make it a fair fight then the rest of the game is a breeze. I quit after a while because I felt I was too OP, but I will go back to finish it eventually. Kingdom of Amalur was completely awesome, not as immersive as Skyrim to be sure but it makes up for it with the absolutely kick-ass combat.

I wonder what cereal he eats for breakfast....and insert other asinine comments about this.
I think "asinine" might be a bit strong if you're referencing my bloody sock comment. The purpose was to illustrate that he has had significant financial difficulties related to his business failures. I have heard other stories about his financial woes beyond just selling his sports memorabilia. The point is that Curt Schilling put a lot of his own personal stake into the company. Whether he's at fault or not for it's failures, I feel sorry for his situation if he's hurting now. Especially since it seems like he was trying to do something he was fairly passionate about and since it's in an industry that we all care about.

I think "asinine" might be a bit strong if you're referencing my bloody sock comment. The purpose was to illustrate that he has had significant financial difficulties related to his business failures. I have heard other stories about his financial woes beyond just selling his sports memorabilia. The point is that Curt Schilling put a lot of his own personal stake into the company. Whether he's at fault or not for it's failures, I feel sorry for his situation if he's hurting now. Especially since it seems like he was trying to do something he was fairly passionate about and since it's in an industry that we all care about.
He was passionate about trying to make a game he wanted, but was incredibly naive about how business and game development works with the way he wanted to run that company like he had Bill Gates-style money to keep it going forever. He nearly ruined many people's lives with his reckless decisions that made for what's probably the most disastrous company in the history of the industry. At least he's taken full responsibility for all of it since he was the chairman and founder.

I gave Helldivers a try last night (just the tutorial level) and was underwhelmed.  Annoying frequent/slow reloads, and those obnoxious d-pad combinations.  Does it get better?  I was really expecting more after the positive buzz that seemed to be on here.

He was passionate about trying to make a game he wanted, but was incredibly naive about how business and game development works with the way he wanted to run that company like he had Bill Gates-style money to keep it going forever. He nearly ruined many people's lives with his reckless decisions that made for what's probably the most disastrous company in the history of the industry. At least he's taken full responsibility for all of it since he was the chairman and founder.
Yeah, I think I've heard stories about spending that sounded like dotcom bubble type extravagance. I do appreciate some of his candor and seeming humility on the backend. I'm sure that's of limited comfort to those that were disrupted, but, sadly a shaky work foundation seems to be the norm for most people working the games industry, so maybe it was business as usual.

So I want to do a Helldivers co op CAG session. Probably do it on Sunday. Would you guys be interested in that? I think it is 4 online so if we get a lot of interest we can just have multiple groups.

I gave Helldivers a try last night (just the tutorial level) and was underwhelmed. Annoying frequent/slow reloads, and those obnoxious d-pad combinations. Does it get better? I was really expecting more after the positive buzz that seemed to be on here.
LOL. You played the TUTORIAL solo and that's it and you're "underwhelmed".

Just a suggestion but you might actually want to play the full game with a few real people.

So I want to do a Helldivers co op CAG session. Probably do it on Sunday. Would you guys be interested in that? I think it is 4 online so if we get a lot of interest we can just have multiple groups.
I'd be good after 2pm eastern time on Sunday. But I do have plans to see Peyton's retirement party that night.

I'd be good after 2pm eastern time on Sunday. But I do have plans to see Peyton's retirement party that night.
Super Bowl Sunday?
Forgot about that. I don't really watch football though except for some Seahawks games. Maybe Monday night then after 6pm central.

I don't think I have ever played a game with someone on CAG before even though I have like at least 10 active people on PSN.

Damn. It's becoming a possibility that the Arkham Knight + season pass content will end up cheaper than the Amazon near-Black Friday digital price before I get around to playing it.

The dpad things in Helldivers are crazy awesome in actual gameplay, when you have a full squad and you're trying to get off combos like revive with a huge swarm coming at you.

Nope. There was a patch that came out when the PS4 version came out but it only added the save upload feature for crossplay. Translation wasn't touched.
You say this, but you haven't stated if you actually verified this yourself. Again, multiple people I know online have reported the translation did in fact change with the last patch, that they verified those changes against youtube vids of the old version, and that they noticed the changes themselves.

I just googled it and found even more references to people noticing the translation was updated.

You're saying it wasn't, and I personally haven't checked, but I -definitely- have been told multiple times by reliable people that it has, in fact, been updated. I don't know if it's the same as the ps4 or not though.

I'd be down for helldivers

Im also looking for more people to play Siege with on ps4, add me on psn if anyone plays alot also

The dpad things in Helldivers are crazy awesome in actual gameplay, when you have a full squad and you're trying to get off combos like revive with a huge swarm coming at you.

You say this, but you haven't stated if you actually verified this yourself. Again, multiple people I know online have reported the translation did in fact change with the last patch, that they verified those changes against youtube vids of the old version, and that they noticed the changes themselves.

I just googled it and found even more references to people noticing the translation was updated.

You're saying it wasn't, and I personally haven't checked, but I -definitely- have been told multiple times by reliable people that it has, in fact, been updated. I don't know if it's the same as the ps4 or not though.
How dare you doubt me! I was literally playing it on the vita just an hour ago. Here's some other people confirming if you don't believe me. I hate you affa! BAKA DESU SENPAI!

I might be in for some Helldivers Monday if I get off work in time.   Are we just meeting in this group?  Who is going to be the main host?

Is anyone else playing helldivers on ps4 currently?

I was playing fine for a couple hours now it's mad disconnects even in single player mode.
The MP list some times will show blank, take forever, show up then crash me :(

yeah the internet can be hit or miss.  What level are you at?  i'm at 16

What is everyone doing research in?

yeah the internet can be hit or miss. What level are you at? i'm at 16

What is everyone doing research in?
I was 11 last time I remember looking. I've gotten DCed at the rewards screen and done partial mission since then.

I got 1 min and 30 seconds in my last match before it kicked me. The only other guy alive had just gotten a mech and had the choke point locked down I thought it was a strategy til I got lagged out of the game >_<
I'll try tomorrow hopefully it'll be better.

I researched the angel backpack and maxed the starter shotgun. Leveling up the Las sickle now and trying to do the planetary unlocks on the cyborgs in case they take over super earth again and it's locked out again.

For those CAG's living in the Pacific Northwest of the USA ... Fred Meyer is running 2 coupons across Fri-Sun (Feb. 5th-7th) to save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 spent in the Electronics dept, meaning you can essentially get your PSN credit @ 20% off.  Sorry, no double coupons this time, but 20% is still better than most deals, and especially for PSN.  Coupon images are located here ... https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/347660-sticky-fred-meyers-coupons-valid-upon-xbox-playstation-gcs/?p=13190938 ... and all the FAQ's for redeeming Freddy's coupons can be found at the top of that thread.

Is SAO: HF any good on vita? Not that bad of a price, but the reviews weren't great...
Personally, I rather like it. Its a nice game I like to play on my way to work on the train. Once you get the hang of the gameplay system, its really fun. If you go through the basic storyline you can finish it up in roughly 20-25 hrs. But there is a whole other "world" that will add another 15-20 hrs, but if you want to go through all the side quests and as well as the "Implement List" it will take you a long time. Granted its not a polish game like Final Fantasy, but what is.

Well, both my PS3 controllers are acting up. Looks like I have to go buy some membranes. Dangit Sony.
In 2013 my DS3 began to screw up regularly, turns out the plastic piece that kept the buttons segregated had slipped off and made it so no matter what direction I hit.. DOWN would be hit on the D-pad.

Made for a funny as heck speed run for Dead Rising Off the Record

This isn't directly related to PSN deals, but I thought I'd mention an interesting PS4 physical game release that really slipped under my radar, until a few days ago. I was browsing at a Gamestop store, and saw "Kromaia Omega" PS4 in the used section for $18.xx. Picked it up, and it's actually a pretty good 3D shmup, with very interesting/responsive controls. Graphics are pretty barebones, but gameplay is fantastic. (It's available for $29.99 on PSN, so if you want it digitally, maybe wait for a sale).

What's interesting about this physical release, is that Gamestop doesn't normally carry the game, they just had a random used copy that had been traded in. This game is not widely distributed, its only carried at Amazon and Walmart. I'm guessing that it had a fairly small production run, and may end up being somewhat rare down the road. Plus, this is actually a great little game.

Links:

Amazon ($18.92 as of this post):

http://www.amazon.com/Kromaia-PS4-PlayStation-4/dp/B018NXW9F4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454786491&sr=8-1&keywords=kromaia

Walmart ($18.92 as of this post):

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kromaia-PS4/48524568

Not carried at: BB, GS, Target, Newegg, etc.

Here's a good web review for it:

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/kromaia_o

And a good video review:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WmbIYK2AuRk

Ok, been playing crypt of the necromancer and it is damn fun. One thing bugged me from the start. Playing on my ps4, the controls are not as responsive sometimes and i miss the beat, killing my coin multiplier. Anyone else feel the same way and is it better on the vita?

Started Bloodborne tonight. I am so lost but I am digging it so far.
Get used to this.

Bloodborne-death.jpg

Ok, been playing crypt of the necromancer and it is damn fun. One thing bugged me from the start. Playing on my ps4, the controls are not as responsive sometimes and i miss the beat, killing my coin multiplier. Anyone else feel the same way and is it better on the vita?
Buying this tomorrow, so can't say anything about the control response. I am however, looking forward to playing the hell outta this game.

Started Bloodborne tonight. I am so lost but I am digging it so far.
Just grind out the first 20 levels close to the start point without exploring much, call in reinforcements when you get to the first boss, things get a little easier after that. The first 10 hours are definitely the hardest, if you make it (suffer) that far, you'll keep coming back.

Just grind out the first 20 levels close to the start point without exploring much, call in reinforcements when you get to the first boss, things get a little easier after that. The first 10 hours are definitely the hardest, if you make it (suffer) that far, you'll keep coming back.
That advice sounds pretty good to me. He's right that once you get a few levels behind you, the game starts to feel a lot simpler. I have to say though that I was disappointed with Bloodborne. I've got the platinum for all of these types, but I don't have ps plus. Since this one was on PS4, its the first time I didn't have access to the multiplayer component, such as messages or summoning. Without that component, it just felt soulless. It didn't help that they made us go through randomly generated dungeons with no story or purpose other then to go deeper.

I'm looking forward to Dark Souls 3 next month, but without that multiplayer access, I'm fearing it too will feel hollow. I might have to give in and finally pay the PS internet tax.

That advice sounds pretty good to me. He's right that once you get a few levels behind you, the game starts to feel a lot simpler. I have to say though that I was disappointed with Bloodborne. I've got the platinum for all of these types, but I don't have ps plus. Since this one was on PS4, its the first time I didn't have access to the multiplayer component, such as messages or summoning. Without that component, it just felt soulless. It didn't help that they made us go through randomly generated dungeons with no story or purpose other then to go deeper.

I'm looking forward to Dark Souls 3 next month, but without that multiplayer access, I'm fearing it too will feel hollow. I might have to give in and finally pay the PS internet tax.
How someone could own a PS4 or XB1 without PS+ or Gold is baffling to me. The free games alone make the services well worth it.

How someone could own a PS4 or XB1 without PS+ or Gold is baffling to me. The free games alone make the services well worth it.
I dont have ps+ nor xbl. I dont play online multiplayer games and i only play a handful of games offered as free monthly games. I would rather wait for a sale that is offered as opposed to getting it free on ps+. The one or two games i will buy usually do not add up to $40 a year.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/07/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-292016/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New Releases: February 9th, 2016

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend - $59.99 PS4
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

An exciting collaboration between The Heroic Legend of Arslan anime and the action-infused Warriors series! The exhilaration of plowing through large armies has been fused together with the charm and style of the world crafted in the anime. Experience the grand historical fantasy of Arslan.

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles - $29.99
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Follow three legendary Assassins in their journeys of revenge, retribution, and redemption in a stunning reimagining of the Assassin’s Creed universe. Slay from the shadows, master the art of parkour, and take the leap of faith in this series of action-adventure platform games presented as a collection of spectacular living paintings.

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia - $9.99
PS4 — Digital

Russia, 1918. Nikolai Orelov wants to leave with his family, but is required to perform one last mission for the Assassin Order: infiltrate the house where the tsar’s family is being held by the Bolsheviks and steal an artifact that has been fought over by Assassins and Templars for centuries. Along the way, he witnesses the massacre of the tsar’s children, but manages to save the princess, Anastasia. He must escape the Templars while protecting the artifact and Anastasia.

Breath of Fire III - $9.99
PSP — Digital (Compatible with PS Vita, PSTV)

The legendary RPG series Breath of Fire returns with tales of long forgotten worlds, intrepid heroes, and ancient, mystical powers. A destiny awaits you. A small boy on the run. A dragon reborn in flames… The last of an extinct race, with mighty powers.

Dying Light: The Following — Enhanced Edition - $59.99
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Dying Light: Enhanced Edition takes parkour-fueled zombie survival to a whole new level. Enjoy the definitive Dying Light experience with the brand-new Legend system, improved visuals, major gameplay enhancements, and more.

Firewatch - $19.99 PSN, $17.99 PS+
PS4 — Digital

Firewatch is a mystery set in the Wyoming wilderness, where your only emotional lifeline is the person on the other end of a handheld radio.

Level 22 - $6.99
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Out 2/11)

Gary is an office worker who oversleeps after a drunken night out on the town. Here’s where it gets tricky, because this isn’t the first time Gary’s been late for work, and he could be fired if he’s spotted arriving at his desk after everyone else yet again. So he’ll have to prove he’s smart and sneaky enough to make his way up all the 22 floors to his office.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - $14.99
PS4 — Digital

Explore a neon galaxy in your very own battleship in a thrilling one or two-player couch co-op adventure. Take control of turrets, lasers, shields, and thrusters, using teamwork to triumph over the evil forces of Anti-Love.

MOP: Operation Cleanup - TBA
PS4 — Digital

You are MOP, a curious and unique model of robot. You have been engineered using simple parts with one single objective: to clean up a polluted environment. Explore five challenging worlds with 50 difficult missions full of pixel-perfect platforming fun.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - $59.99
PS4 — Digital, Retail

The latest opus in the acclaimed Storm series is taking you on a colorful and breathtaking ride. Take advantage of the totally revamped battle system and prepare to dive into the most epic fights you’ve ever seen in the Naruto Shippuden universe. A broad set of Ninja Skills will be yours to use against the fiercest foes you’ll ever encounter.

Rugby Challenge 3 - TBA
PS4 — Digital (Out 2/10)

Crouch! Bind! Set! Rugby Challenge 3 features more than 11 competitions, Be a Pro Mode plus more. Create custom players and teams shared online across all platforms using the all new FanHub. Sporting great licenses such as the All Blacks, Wallabies, Springboks, and England!

Siralim - $9.99
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Siralim is a deep, monster capture RPG where you can summon and customize hundreds of creatures to fight by your side. You’ll need these creatures to help you travel through randomly-generated dungeons and complete randomized quests.

Unravel - $19.99
PS4 — Digital

Unravel introduces Yarny, a new, lovable and endearing character made from a single thread of yarn, that slowly unravels as you move. Inspired by the unique and breath-taking environments of Northern Scandinavia, Unravel is a visually stunning, physics-based puzzle platformer.

We Are Doomed - $9.99
PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy with PS4)
We Are Doomed is a twin-stick shooter where you zap polygon baddies with an absurdly overpowered laserbeam. Dive head-first into the action with reckless ambition, charge the Superbeam, and zap everything out of existence in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back