PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to beat Force Unleashed on May the Fourth. Unfortunately it's now 11:40 PM and I probably need another 3-5 hours for the plat. Guess I'll have to wait until next year.

I'm not that bad, but pretty much every time I go through the games on my PS3 I find something I had forgotten that I owned.
Happens every single PSN sale.

i am debaitng should i grab mgs hd collection for vita for 12 of buy the physical for 20
The Vita is the system where digital benefits the most, in my opinion, so I'd recommend that myself.
It's also the system where big files hurt the most too. Unless you have a 64gb card or don't mind doing the transfer every time you wanna switch games. I could go either way really. It's almost a 50% difference in price. And depends on scarcity of the vita games around you. Maybe you could get it even cheaper if it's in the target clearances.

It's also the system where big files hurt the most too. Unless you have a 64gb card or don't mind doing the transfer every time you wanna switch games. I could go either way really. It's almost a 50% difference in price. And depends on scarcity of the vita games around you. Maybe you could get it even cheaper if it's in the target clearances.
A Vita without a 64gb card is like a.. erm.. (clever analogy goes here)

But you're right, moving around files on small memory cards is a pain. I went through that for close to a year with my 8gb card before upgrading. Once you have a 64gb card, you barely have to worry about that ever again. $70 or $80 is a small price to pay for that level of convenience, so I've come to assume, very possibly incorrectly, that every active Vita user either owns or is planning to eventually buy a 64gb card themselves. ;)

Yeah, I've had Demon's Souls in my cart since Saturday. Do I really want to pay $5 for a game where I die over and over? Of course I love Spelunky for the very same reason...
It isn't really like that though. Well, maybe for the first hour or so while you learn the combat system, but really once you get going in the game you shouldn't be dying all that much. And even if you do, it's not a big deal. There are short cuts all over those games -- you don't need to make it all that far till you're opening a gate or whatever that lets you 'skip' the section you just did (and eventually skip right to bosses once you clear the area).

The games get their reputation because people just learning to play die alot because they aren't prepared for the style of game it is. For example, you can't spam attacks because you'll run out of stamina, then fall to a counter attack. As soon as you learn how to play, your death count should plummet drastically.

Still trying to decide on:

Pier Solar

htoLNiQ

Atelier Escha & Logy

Dead Rising 2 Off the Record

Mugen Souls Z

Crimson Gem Saga

Hexyz Force

anyone played Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy? Im not realy sure what kind of game it is. I thought it was a dungeon crawler rpg or something but the videos ive seen make it kinda look like a dynasty warriors type game. What type of game is it? Is it worth the sale price?

Shortened your list a bit.
I'll agree with this. Only thing im meh on is dead rising. But Pier solar looks good, and ive played some of hexzy force and crimson gem saga and theyre both quite good

Freebies for the sale games this week:

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed - PS3

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed - Vita

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record

Fairy Fencer F

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f - Vita

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd - PS3

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection

Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Lost Planet 3

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Mugen Souls Z

Natural Doctrine

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2

Persona 4 Arena

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - PS4

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - PS3

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

Skullgirls Encore

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Xillia

Time and Eternity

Toukiden: The Age of Demons

Yakuza: Dead Souls

do those freebies stay for a while or do they expire tomorrow (today actually)? I don't want to have to try d.loading them all tonight =P

Can anyone tell me if TLoU and The Show can be played remotely from a PS4 using Playstation TV?  I do not have a Vita but if I can get PS4 games in other rooms of the house I will pick up a PSTV.  Is there any way to tell which games will or will not play remotely?  Any help is appreciated.

anyone played Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy? Im not realy sure what kind of game it is. I thought it was a dungeon crawler rpg or something but the videos ive seen make it kinda look like a dynasty warriors type game. What type of game is it? Is it worth the sale price?

I'll agree with this. Only thing im meh on is dead rising. But Pier solar looks good, and ive played some of hexzy force and crimson gem saga and theyre both quite good
I was looking into Fantasy Hero but decided against it. It appears that there are four playable characters with possibly four different stories, but only one save slot, in order to play the other characters simultaneously you have to buy the DLC that unlocks more save slots....and that just seemed a tad bit shady to me. Especially since the DLC is almost the same price as the game on sale. Didn't look worth it for nearly 15 bucks.

Pier Solar

htoLNiQ

Atelier Escha & Logy

Mugen Souls Z

Crimson Gem Saga

Hexyz Force
I'll add my 2 cents on a couple of those.

Did you play the first Mugen Souls and enjoy it? I did, but I thought Z was kind of a letdown. Maybe I just spend too much time with the first one and wasn't ready to dive in again. Z felt like a chore, even though I recognized they improved a few things. I guess for that price it isn't too big a risk.

I LOVED Atelier Escha & Logy. I hadn't made it all the way through the last couple of Atelier games, but that one hooked me. The characters were fairly interesting and the game design was improved. My only hesitation there would be that you can probably plan on it coming to VITA, right? If that's your preferred platform for those games, I'd wait.

I've been close to pulling the trigger on Dead Rising 2 Off the Record a bunch of times, but I've just never done it. I'd like to have it in the collection, but I doubt I'd ever play it after going all the way through Dead Rising 2 and 3 multiple times.

Can anyone tell me if TLoU and The Show can be played remotely from a PS4 using Playstation TV? I do not have a Vita but if I can get PS4 games in other rooms of the house I will pick up a PSTV. Is there any way to tell which games will or will not play remotely? Any help is appreciated.
I'm sure those can be played remotely although I haven't tried. I believe every PS4 game must be remote play compatible except games that use the camera.

I'm sure those can be played remotely although I haven't tried. I believe every PS4 game must be remote play compatible except games that use the camera.
They don't have to support RP, but they do by default and have to opt out like Frozenbyte did with Trine.

All I ended up getting was Suikoden 2. I thought about getting Catherine but I would rather have a physical copy.

Update I'm sure everyone cares deeply about: Got Demon's Souls, Suikoden II, and Time and Eternity. whoknows better not be pulling my leg about T&E...

All I ended up getting was Suikoden 2. I thought about getting Catherine but I would rather have a physical copy.
Same here. I played it for a few days and I'm enjoying it. If it wasn't for CAG I would have never considered picking it up. I'm trying to get through my first round before W3 consumes all my time.

Pier Solar

htoLNiQ

Atelier Escha & Logy

Mugen Souls Z

Crimson Gem Saga

Hexyz Force
Pier Solar is an easy pickup. I picked it up last time it was on sale and put in 6-8 hours and really enjoyed it. I need to get back to it sometime. Very old school nostalgic feel but the combat system felt fresh. Easily one of the better RPGs I've played in years.

Xbox has the Bioshock infinite season pass for $10 this wee, I'm really hoping PSN matches that since i already finished Bioshock on the PS3 and would like to play the DLC on there too.

Yeah, I've had Demon's Souls in my cart since Saturday. Do I really want to pay $5 for a game where I die over and over? Of course I love Spelunky for the very same reason...
You will die...as a matter of fact dying while in the Nexus can be beneficial when considering world tendency.

I'm in the middle of playing Demon's Souls for the first time. This is my first Souls game. The draw and charm, so far that I can see, is that the world and game play is original in it's own right. I LOVE story driven games however Demon's Souls, whose story is not all that compelling, has me hooked! I'm hoping there is some reference to the events surrounding Boletaria and it's characters in Dark Souls.

On another note, I'm thinking of buying the Force Unleashed 2 but I've read that it's really short - like 4 hours and seems to be unfinished. Is there an add-on that continues the story?

You will die...as a matter of fact dying while in the Nexus can be beneficial when considering world tendency.

I'm in the middle of playing Demon's Souls for the first time. This is my first Souls game. The draw and charm, so far that I can see, is that the world and game play is original in it's own right. I LOVE story driven games however Demon's Souls, whose story is not all that compelling, has me hooked! I'm hoping there is some reference to the events surrounding Boletaria and it's characters in Dark Souls.

On another note, I'm thinking of buying the Force Unleashed 2 but I've read that it's really short - like 4 hours and seems to be unfinished. Is there an add-on that continues the story?
The only thing I hate in Demon's Souls is inventory weight limit (which they removed in Dark Souls / DS2) a that the inventory system is clucky as hell. Apart from that, the game is excellent.

Made last minute purchases so far of Pier Solar and the Star Wars Pinball pack I didn't have (and nearly forgot was on sale).

I want Escha & Logy but are really hoping that trilogy and the rest of the Dusk trilogy comes to Vita. I have DR2 Off the Record on 360 so not sure why I want to double dip it other then trophies, probably going to pass on that since it's over $5. Leaning towards getting Crimson Gem Saga and Hexyz Force just because they're so cheap.

I still want Senran Kagura Bon Apetit for the premise. 9 cents short with what's in my account. :wall:

Xbox has the Bioshock infinite season pass for $10 this wee, I'm really hoping PSN matches that since i already finished Bioshock on the PS3 and would like to play the DLC on there too.
Hopefully they beat it!

It's too bad they shut the servers down a while back so it doesn't change any longer.

Oh so firefly diaries wasn't good? I was holding off on it because I figured it could go lower in the future. Maybe I'll pick it up when it's <$5.
That's what people say and the reviews aren't great. I'm still interested in it at some point but I'll wait for a bigger discount.

The servers are still up for Demon Souls...at least as of a month ago. And world tendency has more components other than multilayer.

There is one minor character that crosses over and keeps the same name and that is probably because the character pre-dates Demon's Souls (in an Armored Core game, seriously, Patches must be a Time Lord). A lot of the rest of the characters have Dark Souls equivalents such as Yurt->Lautrec, but other than very similar gameplay and the single shared character, they are legally separate universes. Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP so when From wanted to go muliplatform (likely due to how Sony did not have enough faith in the title to publish it in North America) they had to create a "completely original" game, Dark Souls in order to do it.

If you want to dig into the story and lore of the game there is extensive reading material.

The servers are still up for Demon Souls...at least as of a month ago. And world tendency has more components other than multilayer.
So they are. They announced they were shutting them down in May 2013 but I guess people complained and they left them up.

"At that time, Atlus backpedaled and decided to keep the servers running, but it didn’t provide a new shut-off date. This announcement ensures the servers will continue to run into the foreseeable future."

Ditto. I always forget that all my Zen Pinball tables are on PC, not Vita. They are always good for a pickup and play.
There's only two table packs for a total of six tables, right? I saw all these table packages but assumed they were different combination of the same six tables.

Strike Solitaire

Day D Tower Rush & Medieval Defenders

would of sold like hot cakes if they were 99 cents.  4.99 and  6.99  good luck selling them sony

Refreshed the all deals page and saw almost nothing on sale. Hope that's not the case.
Ha, I just want to grab my freebies from PS+ and take a week off before the next big sale. So hopefully there's nothing big this week or weekend. Sometimes the constant sales are a bit monotonous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back