PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I'd say that. They're both great, but I think the Transistor battle system tips it in that game's favor for me. Bastion's more of a straight forward action/shooter RPG with a dual-wielding system that lets you mix-and-match weapons to suit your playstyle that is where a number of Transistor's ideas originated.
I am kind of surprised that Transistor has flown under the radar for a lot of folks. It was a day 1 for me and I didn't not regret the purchase at all. Loved the sounds coming out of DS4 and the music in general was spot on. It was also neat how choosing different combinations of abilities changes the playstyle so much. I look forward to trying Bastion when it comes to PS4. Will it also have a vita release? Did Transistor have a PC release?

I am kind of surprised that Transistor has flown under the radar for a lot of folks. It was a day 1 for me and I didn't not regret the purchase at all. Loved the sounds coming out of DS4 and the music in general was spot on. It was also neat how choosing different combinations of abilities changes the playstyle so much. I look forward to trying Bastion when it comes to PS4. Will it also have a vita release? Did Transistor have a PC release?
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/06/bastion-coming-to-ps4-vita-next-year/

Bastion will be on PS4 and Vita with Cross Buy/Save support, which is ported by the team that brought Fez and Spelunky over.

Transistor did get a Steam release at the same time as PS4.

Been trying to 100% Castlestorm lately, though I'd probably prefer to be playing The Swapper or whatever.

Castlestorm is quite a good game once you train yourself to multitask (it's got like 3 games going on at the same time), but it never really escapes feeling like a casual game even though it's far more complex than most casual games. I blame the art direction, mostly.

That doesnt surprise me at all. The very things that I liked about P4G are the same things I like about Danganronpa. Neither 'game' is particularly challenging (DG mini-games can be frustrating/finicky) so the 'enjoyment' comes from the character development. If you're not into the 'high school life' premise, yeah, both games are a 'skip'. It's funny, I had never heard of Danganronpa till it went on sale and some CAG described it as Phoenix Wright meets Persona 4 set in the world of Zero Escape/999. I bought it right then and there. It's probably my game of 2014 (hence my avatar). Playing the second one now.
Yeah, I can understand why people would like them, I guess, but I just don't connect to game characters. Well, rarely. TLOU is a rare exception, where I was totally engaged.

I beat, plat'd and loved Zero Escape: VLR because I love escape puzzles, but the plot just was a clickfest for me. Didn't care who lived or died, didn't care why, etc. Same with Danganronpa, but I don't like its minigames nearly as much as ZE:VLRs.

Anyone else here psyched Operation Abyss is coming west? (a DRPG for vita)

I don't think I'd say that. They're both great, but I think the Transistor battle system tips it in that game's favor for me. Bastion's more of a straight forward action/shooter RPG with a dual-wielding system that lets you mix-and-match weapons to suit your playstyle that is where a number of Transistor's ideas originated.
Frisky. You should be making your own indie video games. Don't forget us when you're a multi-billionaire like the Mine Craft guy.

Beware! The Swapper is NOT worth free. What a boring steaming pile of shite. If you have trouble sleeping it may work as a sleep aid on your vita. Other than that it's trash. I know indie(ots) will be mad about me pointing this out but it's just dumb dumb dumb. And dumb again.....

Beware! The Swapper is NOT worth free. What a boring steaming pile of shite. If you have trouble sleeping it may work as a sleep aid on your vita. Other than that it's trash. I know indie(ots) will be mad about me pointing this out but it's just dumb dumb dumb. And dumb again.....
I sincerely thought this was Rozz.

[quote name="jedi0077" post="12397234" timestamp="1420766577"]Beware! The Swapper is NOT worth free. What a boring steaming pile of shite. If you have trouble sleeping it may work as a sleep aid on your vita. Other than that it's trash. I know indie(ots) will be mad about me pointing this out but it's just dumb dumb dumb. And dumb again.....[/quote]

The Swapper takes intelligence to play I can see why you didn't care for it.

Just beat Walking Dead s2, and was really impressed. Seeing how good it was made me see how underwhelming The Wolf Among Us truly was. No idea why it doesn't have a platinum, though. 

S1 > S2
Definitely missed
Lee
, but the overall bleakness of S2 really resonated with me. The lulls in the first season feel like they drag the game down at times. Still love both.

Surprised my endgame choice for season 2 was so unpopular, though.

Definitely missed
Lee
, but the overall bleakness of S2 really resonated with me. The lulls in the first season feel like they drag the game down at times. Still love both.

Surprised my endgame choice for season 2 was so unpopular, though.
What was your choice, my friend? *put in a spoiler please*

I let Kenny kill Jane and stayed at Wellington with AJ and Kenny left by himself.
Whoa! I did the same thing! Let's be friends :D

I felt that that was a satisfying way to end his story. It felt right, like he had redeemed himself. I, too, was surprised at how unpopular the choice was, but am glad to know somewhere out there thought the same.

Whoa! I did the same thing! Let's be friends :D

I felt that that was a satisfying way to end his story. It felt right, like he had redeemed himself. I, too, was surprised at how unpopular the choice was, but am glad to know somewhere out there thought the same.
I know Jane was the safe choice, and part of me knew she was just testing Kenny with saying AJ had died, but I still chose to side with Kenny. He was nothing but a time bomb, and every time you got close to him he'd fly off the handle and say some truly unforgivable shit, but knowing just how much he'd lost made me feel almost obligated to be the only one who would care for him. Not sure what it says about me for having stuck up for someone so flawed, but family does go a long way, and that was the closest you had.

The dream sequence after Clem was shot was a stroke of genius, and really tugged at the heartstrings more than anything else for me.

Did anyone else's download list for PSN purchases get messed up? Both on the Vita ps store and the webstore, my download purchase history indicates that I've bought every single game yesterday, and the list ordering is messed up as a result.

Just beat Walking Dead s2, and was really impressed. Seeing how good it was made me see how underwhelming The Wolf Among Us truly was. No idea why it doesn't have a platinum, though.
I had the same thought after playing TWD S2. I didn't like The Wolf Among Us at all after that. While I was playing it, I kept telling myself that something amazing is about to happen that would make the game great. That never came. Love TWD S2, but Season 1 was so much more...endearing. It's too bad that, to me anyways, TellTale couldn't surpass TWD S1's expectations.

S1 > S2
I had the same thought after playing TWD S2. I didn't like The Wolf Among Us at all after that. While I was playing it, I kept telling myself that something amazing is about to happen that would make the game great. That never came. Love TWD S2, but Season 1 was so much more...endearing. It's too bad that TellTale couldn't surpass my TWD S1's expectations.

Did anyone else's download list for PSN purchases get messed up? Both on the Vita ps store and the webstore, my download purchase history indicates that I've bought every single game yesterday, and the list ordering is messed up as a result.
Did your PS+ lapse and then you renewed it? That's what happened to my list when I did.

I somehow missed out on Towerfall when it was free over the summer. Does anyone know if it goes on sale often? Or what the lowest price seen for it is (outside of it being free)?

lol must be too hard for you.

I somehow missed out on Towerfall when it was free over the summer. Does anyone know if it goes on sale often? Or what the lowest price seen for it is (outside of it being free)?
And this is why a lot of us were saying just two days ago that one should just purchase every free Plus game when they become available. You don't have to download them all. You never know when you, a friend or a family member may be interested in a title later on.

It's not a hard or bad game really, but it's also not that exciting either. It's very relaxing.

I also think I am the only one who liked TWAU much more than TWD
I actually don't like the setting or pseudo-story or anything like that, but the actual gameplay is very fun. And I've been pretty challenged by it.

Just started to play Terraria... I'm actually underwhelmed by the game.  I can understand how people who play and like minecraft would probably like this game too, but i played about 2.5 hours last night and felt like I made very little progress.  I played steamworld dig and the pacing on that game felt just right.  This game is much larger, but it just feels very slow for progression.  Maybe sandbox type games are not for me... at least I did not spend a whole lot for the game... maybe it was the controls too.  Not liking the fact that bringing up the menu screen does not pause the game either. 

Aren't we about due for a good $.99 flash sale?  I want a good Flash Sale.  Come on, Sony, make that happen for me.

Just started to play Terraria... I'm actually underwhelmed by the game. I can understand how people who play and like minecraft would probably like this game too, but i played about 2.5 hours last night and felt like I made very little progress. I played steamworld dig and the pacing on that game felt just right. This game is much larger, but it just feels very slow for progression. Maybe sandbox type games are not for me... at least I did not spend a whole lot for the game... maybe it was the controls too. Not liking the fact that bringing up the menu screen does not pause the game either.
Shh, you're going to get Minecraft and Terraria people made at you. There's a lot less cross over than you would expect and they don't like being lumped together.

Aren't we about due for a good $.99 flash sale? I want a good Flash Sale. Come on, Sony, make that happen for me.
I could go for that. Wouldn't mind a good chunk of classic PS1 games again. Maybe some Suikoden 2... :rofl:

I'm just bitter I didn't buy it immediately when it went up.
You didn't follow my advice again??? I must have told about a dozen people then to go and buy Suikoden 2 when it went up.

Don't sweat it. I'm sure we will see it again and cheaper than the original $9.99.

You didn't follow my advice again??? I must have told about a dozen people then to go and buy Suikoden 2 when it went up.

Don't sweat it. I'm sure we will see it again and cheaper than the original $9.99.
I bought Danaganronpa 2 when you told me to. :p

Since they didn't tell us what the normal price would be most of us didn't see it being a two hour launch sale. At least I have the first game (from a 99 debt flash sale I think) to play through before I can feel to bad about not having the second.

Mine was really strange last time I checked it from my PS3. Maybe a week ago'ish? The dates were all December 2014'ish. Which was really strange. My PS+ was renewed weeks before it expired and the purchase date was well after the actual renewal date. Not sure what happened. Maybe it had to do with me turning my system on but not for a while after the renewal and then all the PS+ stuff re-authorized itself and changed the purchase date. That's my best guess... but I did notice my dates were all screwed up... I didn't think to ask if anyone else had the same thing happen.

Mine was really strange last time I checked it from my PS3. Maybe a week ago'ish? The dates were all December 2014'ish. Which was really strange. My PS+ was renewed weeks before it expired and the purchase date was well after the actual renewal date. Not sure what happened. Maybe it had to do with me turning my system on but not for a while after the renewal and then all the PS+ stuff re-authorized itself and changed the purchase date. That's my best guess... but I did notice my dates were all screwed up... I didn't think to ask if anyone else had the same thing happen.
All of this sounds to me like this could have something to do with when Sony had to reboot and initialize their main servers after those kiddies Lizard Sq DDoS attacked PSN.

All of this sounds to me like this could have something to do with when Sony had to reboot and initialize their main servers after those kiddies Lizard Sq DDoS attacked PSN.
Oddly, I just checked on the webstore purchase history and it now shows all the dates being 1/8/2015 for the first 13 pages worth of purchases. Looking through the list it appears they are all PS+ games.

Everything I actually purchased retained it's date.

Weird.

Not that it affects anything.

Suikoden 1 was the start of my love affair and anything with Suikoden in the title will always be a day 1 purchase.

I still have my copies of 1-Tactics in immaculate condition and a ps2 in the guest room when I get the itch.

Suikoden 2 is tops for me and very few games have ever come close.

Suikoden 1 was the start of my love affair and anything with Suikoden in the title will always be a day 1 purchase.

I still have my copies of 1-Tactics in immaculate condition and a ps2 in the guest room when I get the itch.

Suikoden 2 is tops for me and very few games have ever come close.
Is it ok to play Suikoden 2 without playing 1?

Hell yeah it is. In fact, I'd recommend skipping Suikoden 1 altogether. Just about every game in the series is good but the first game doesn't hold up that well.

Hell yeah it is. In fact, I'd recommend skipping Suikoden 1 altogether. Just about every game in the series is good but the first game doesn't hold up that well.
While I freely admit some bias towards 1 since it introduced me to the series, I agree that 1 is not necessary to enjoy 2.

But I do think it holds its own among PSX rpgs and is worth a play if you end up enjoying 2. I'd put 1 alongside Xenogears, DW7, and Chrono Cross in quality level.

Phew, thanks for the thoughtful insight, I no longer have to bother with the Swapper... what with all the game breaking level of dumb in it and the heaping piles of shit of everywhere. The game could have at least provided an option in the menus to limit the dumb poopy to more tolerable levels for you.

Judging by your informative review, the game at least appears to be piss free? If so, that's a relief. It's one thing to have a dumb boring poopy game but I draw the line with piss. Unless... The real price of free PS+ games IS piss?

Sony you sneaky bastards! Always finding new ways to hose us down with golden showers.

Hey guys, I stopped reading this at 'Beware!' on general principal. Did he go on to say anything worth reading? Oh fuck it, nevermind, of course he didn't.

I liked TWAU better than both seasons of TWD... hope they come out with a second season but Telltale seems to have a lot going on now! I'm also excited for Bastion to come out... Transistor was probably my favorite game of last year but I've never played Bastion.

Also has anyone seen a good deal on the Gold Wireless headset lately?

Is it ok to play Suikoden 2 without playing 1?
While I freely admit some bias towards 1 since it introduced me to the series, I agree that 1 is not necessary to enjoy 2.

But I do think it holds its own among PSX rpgs and is worth a play if you end up enjoying 2. I'd put 1 alongside Xenogears, DW7, and Chrono Cross in quality level.
But there's a whole side mission you unlock!

The Swapper is a complex puzzle game that relies on your ability to manipulate the controls to progress through each section. I recommend the game to anyone willing to test their puzzle-solving skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back