PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
seeing the rage and a lot of people feel entitled to something ridiculous across the web is hilarious

shouldnt of signed the ToS

first world problems
I wasn't raging in the least. Might want to re-read my question. I was simply inquiring as I recently re-joined PS+ for the first time in a few years. Calm thyself.

pretty sad to see some comments saying its nothing when a service goes down. these services are forced so you can use the rest of the games features, most people intend to use the full game they purchased.

when a company has a lose bc of weather/etc and decide they pass the cost onto you is this ok? it wasnt the consumers fault it happened, nor is it their fault that the company didn't have a backup to cover such an event.

Sony/MS had plenty of warning also. Did they happen to take any serious measures against this? doesnt look like it. DDoS are difficult to stop but not impossible, better to have some people get on, than no one at all.

all this goes far deeper then people want to believe and i could go and on on. but too many people think only in terms of "apples to apples" in comparisons.

there are always people that take things to hard and to lightly.

pretty sad to see some comments saying its nothing when a service goes down. these services are forced so you can use the rest of the games features, most people intend to use the full game they purchased.

when a company has a lose bc of weather/etc and decide they pass the cost onto you is this ok? it wasnt the consumers fault it happened, nor is it their fault that the company didn't have a backup to cover such an event.

Sony/MS had plenty of warning also. Did they happen to take any serious measures against this? doesnt look like it. DDoS are difficult to stop but not impossible, better to have some people get on, than no one at all.

all this goes far deeper then people want to believe and i could go and on on. but too many people think only in terms of "apples to apples" in comparisons.

their are always people that take things to hard and to lightly.
I guarantee they took measures against it. Unfortunately, the very nature of Xbox Live and PS+ makes them highly susceptible to these kinds of attacks and its VERY difficult for networks like these to defend against it. Anyone that truly thinks these companies just sat back and allowed these attacks happen, especially over the holidays, when it was in fact something very easily prevented.....well, those people are living in la la land. Its as simple as that. People making these kinds of comments clearly just have no understanding of the topic at hand.

And the fact that people are complaining about 27 cents is nothing short of mind blowing, regardless of wether they deserve the refund or not. Its 27 cents for gods sake, get a grip. I though Steam users were insanely cheap, but they have nothing on CAG, lol.

Because we are entitled to what we paid for. For PS4 you have to pay for PS+ to go online, and for the past two days I haven't been able to use what I paid for.
Exactly. But most people here will cry that anyone who makes such a claims has an "entitlement problem". What they fail to grasp is that this isn't the age of people who feel entitled, it's the age of people bending over and taking it up the ass because they feel this it's "no big deal" when a company gives you the shaft. Was this outage Sony's fault? Yes. How many times have they been hacked, how many times have their servers gone down? More than what should be allowed by any consumer with brains (of course, most don't -- evidenced by the many excuses I see here for Sony). This can be prevented, but Sony wants to maximize profits in every way, even if it means not paying for better security measures.

I love the "first world problems" statements too. Nice to see that some things never change, few are still unintelligent enough to do anything other than parrot a phrase that's been around for years.

I guarantee they took measures against it. Unfortunately, the very nature of Xbox Live and PS+ makes them highly susceptible to these kinds of attacks and its VERY difficult for networks like these to defend against it. Anyone that truly thinks these companies just sat back and allowed these attacks happen, especially over the holidays, when it was in fact something very easily prevented.....well, those people are living in la la land. Its as simple as that. People making these kinds of comments clearly just have no understanding of the topic at hand.

And the fact that people are complaining about 27 cents is nothing short of mind blowing, regardless of wether they deserve the refund or not. Its 27 cents for gods sake, get a grip. I though Steam users were cheap, but they have nothing on CAG, lol.
both ends are based assumption. There is aresimple reasons why a company would not do a proper defense.

the other guy isnt doing so why are we? that is one. they also know that after all this people are still going to use their service.

someone who forgets those two very important things is himself in "la la land".

i agree with you that those going nuts should calm down, but i think thats as far as it would go.

It's not entirely accurate to divide the cost of PS+ by a year. The average person does not have the time for real dedicated gaming every day of the week with work and obligations. Really its more accurate to say 1-2 days a week during the year given jobs and other responsibilities. Christmas week is an exception for many though being it is the most popular week for vacation usage or paid time off. Because of that the value of lost gaming time this week is much worse than perhaps any week of the year.
Yes it is entirely accurate. Cost isn't dictated by how much one can play, just as cable TV's cost isn't dictated by how many hours one can actually watch. Its a yearly service and it has a yearly price, hence it has a daily average cost. Its as simple as that. If this were to be taken into any court of law, this is exactly how they would award the damages. The fact that some people might not be able to play 7 days a week 52 weeks a year doesn't change that fact. It may make their play time more valuable, but it doesn't make the actual time spent on the network more valuable. Your taking 100% objective data and trying to put a totally subjective spin on it. Sorry, but thats just not how the real world works. At the end of the day, 2 days of PS+ service is equal to 27 cents. The fact that one of these days might have been the only day someone could play that week doesn't change that fact. Your paying 13.5 cents a day for the service, even on the days your not playing. Again, that may make your playtime more valuable, but not the time spent on the service as your still getting the service, even if your not using it.

Exactly. But most people here will cry that anyone who makes such a claims has an "entitlement problem". What they fail to grasp is that this isn't the age of people who feel entitled, it's the age of people bending over and taking it up the ass because they feel this it's "no big deal" when a company gives you the shaft. Was this outage Sony's fault? Yes. How many times have they been hacked, how many times have their servers gone down? More than what should be allowed by any consumer with brains (of course, most don't -- evidenced by the many excuses I see here for Sony). This can be prevented, but Sony wants to maximize profits in every way, even if it means not paying for better security measures.

I love the "first world problems" statements too. Nice to see that some things never change, few are still unintelligent enough to do anything other than parrot a phrase that's been around for years.
...I don't think that last part came out quite the way that you meant it to.

Yes it is entirely accurate. Cost isn't dictated by how much one can play, just as cable TV's cost isn't dictated by how many hours one can actually watch. Its a yearly service and it has a yearly price, hence it has a daily average cost. Its as simple as that. If this were to be taken into any court of law, this is exactly how they would award the damages. The fact that some people might not be able to play 7 days a week 52 weeks a year doesn't change that fact. It may make their play time more valuable, but it doesn't make the actual time spent on the network more valuable. Your taking 100% objective data and trying to put a totally subjective spin on it. Sorry, but thats just not how the real world works. At the end of the day, 2 days of PS+ service is equal to 27 cents. The fact that one of these days might have been the only day someone could play that week doesn't change that fact. Your paying 13.5 cents a day for the service, even on the days your not playing. Again, that may make your playtime more valuable, but not the time spent on the service as your still getting the service, even if your not using it.
What if you had signed up with a 3-month card instead? They sell those, too, you know. Then you'd be out a whole 12 cents more!

The online store is back up (for me anyway) so I can't rant about not being able to buy Peggle 2 now.

I'll still complain about not being able to play my new Destiny though.  

Sony can still give me a dollar credit if they want.

I wonder if the posters victim blaming Sony are the same people who wait until 2:00pm each Tuesday to purchase the previous week deals then blame Sony for not getting them.

The online store is back up (for me anyway) so I can't rant about not being able to buy Peggle 2 now.

I'll still complain about not being able to play my new Destiny though.

Sony can still give me a dollar credit if they want.
Eh, it's up, but it's really sluggish and having some trouble with logins.

Look on the bright side: Sony still would have to keep it down for 22 more days to beat their previous record!

Telltale Borderlands worth $16? I heard the 1st episode was really good. NHL seems like a good deal too but that gets mixed reviews.

Why are people still talking about needed PS+ To play online when u  get Free games and discounts +other stuff too

anybody played the swapper? thoughts/suggestions?
i think it's free next week

with the network outage i wonder if we'll get anything free like last time, i doubt it will be out as long but this is happening during christmas when many people are playing their playstation for the first time, not the best way to make a first impression

There is almost always network problems due to the influx of more owners due to Christmas. Add to the equation a DDoS attack...

It sucks, but lets not make it sound like this is the first and only time this has happened before.

Shit, the 360 had problems for almost two weeks in 2007 during Christmas, and I dont recall it being due to any attack. Thankfully they gave owners the beloved Undertow game in compensation.

Im just annoyed that i cant start dragon age because i cant import my gameworld because i cant connect to origin because the psn is down because of jerk children.

I spent 2 1/2 hours creating that darn game world.

anybody played the swapper? thoughts/suggestions?
One of the best puzzles games in recent memory. It's on par with Portal for that great feeling you get when you finally figure out the solution to a puzzle that you thought was impossible.

If you're a PS+ member, it's best to wait until 1/6 when it's free for all three systems.

One of the best puzzles games in recent memory. It's on par with Portal for that great feeling you get when you finally figure out the solution to a puzzle that you thought was impossible.

If you're a PS+ member, it's best to wait until 1/6 when it's free for all three systems.
I completely forgot about it being free in January, thanks

Was going to look into some games on the flash sale but the store is still down due to the terrorist/hackers. :(

Oh well.
Don't even give them the honor of calling them hackers. Setting up a ddos isn't hacking.

There should be. Not that I'm one to beg for free games, but when this thing has happened multiple times in the past month or two, ontop of the fact there seems to be a account/info breach again (Saw a huge textfile with tons of account info and credit card info to Sony and other sites), Sony really needs to step their shit up
First, there was no recent breach.

Second, you can't 'stop' a DDOS attack, merely possibly mitigate it to some degree. It comes from outside, it's not someone getting inside their security.

To simplify, the way the internet works is this: you send a request to a [sony] server, and the sony server returns what you asked for. This works really well.

A DDOS is someone using a large number of malware'd computers (yours, your dads, your friends) called a botnet to send a bazillion requests all at the same time.

Here is the problem - the [Sony] server has absolutely NO way of knowing which are 'good' requests, and which are 'bad' requests. It has to look at each and every one, and figure it out. Just looking at them takes time, and so the server farm simply can't keep up with it.

There is no realistic way to stop this. It is not [sony/microsoft/whoevers] fault.

If you get 50 gifts for your wedding, it's customary to send 'thank you' notes in a reasonable amount of time. Now imagine if your wedding video went viral on the net and people sent you 100,000 presents but still expected their thank you note within a few weeks. You'd be overwhelmed. That is exactly what is happening to these servers.

Adding servers doesn't even fix it, because they'd simply scale up the DDOS attack with more botfarms.

Sony pays a shitton for protection from attacks, but there is only so much that can be done.

I never said it was a huge breach. But a breach is still a breach, especially when they had the same shit happen to them before.
There wasn't ANY breach.

both ends are based assumption. There is aresimple reasons why a company would not do a proper defense.

the other guy isnt doing so why are we? that is one. they also know that after all this people are still going to use their service.

someone who forgets those two very important things is himself in "la la land".

i agree with you that those going nuts should calm down, but i think thats as far as it would go.
There is no such thing as a 'proper defense' against a large scale DDOS. It's simply not feasible. That it only happens occasionally is evidence that they do, indeed, have defenses up against smaller attacks that certainly occur.

I know you're joking, but that's phreaking =(
How am I joking? They made a whole movie about it. Sure, they've probably been replaced by burner phones these days but how else are you going to get stuff out of little old ladies and customer service reps that don't care about their jobs?

Don't even give them the honor of calling them hackers. Setting up a ddos isn't hacking.

Second, you can't 'stop' a DDOS attack, merely possibly mitigate it to some degree. It comes from outside, it's not someone getting inside their security.

To simplify, the way the internet works is this: you send a request to a [sony] server, and the sony server returns what you asked for. This works really well.

A DDOS is someone using a large number of malware'd computers (yours, your dads, your friends) called a botnet to send a bazillion requests all at the same time.

Here is the problem - the [Sony] server has absolutely NO way of knowing which are 'good' requests, and which are 'bad' requests. It has to look at each and every one, and figure it out. Just looking at them takes time, and so the server farm simply can't keep up with it.

There is no realistic way to stop this. It is not [sony/microsoft/whoevers] fault.

If you get 50 gifts for your wedding, it's customary to send 'thank you' notes in a reasonable amount of time. Now imagine if your wedding video went viral on the net and people sent you 100,000 presents but still expected their thank you note within a few weeks. You'd be overwhelmed. That is exactly what is happening to these servers.

Adding servers doesn't even fix it, because they'd simply scale up the DDOS attack with more botfarms.

Sony pays a shitton for protection from attacks, but there is only so much that can be done.

There wasn't ANY breach.

There is no such thing as a 'proper defense' against a large scale DDOS. It's simply not feasible. That it only happens occasionally is evidence that they do, indeed, have defenses up against smaller attacks that certainly occur.
I was thinking all of this myself and getting irritated with the people talking out of their asses, but I felt like having to explain it to them would just be even more irritating. Glad you stepped up and set them straight.

PS3 is working with PSN, but PS4 isn't still.  Does anyone think they will bring back any of the Flash sales again? Playing Freedom Cry and liking it, wish now I would have bought AC Liberation HD.

Does anyone think they will bring back any of the Flash sales again?
Only flash sale recently is still going on for like another 34 hours so I wouldn't think so if stuff's starting to work again and it's all available on the website which has been working since yesterday.

There wasn't ANY breach.

true their is no fool proof defense. it occasionally happens only bc there arent people trying DDoS as much as they are trying to get info.

there are always people that take things to hard and to lightly.
What i do not get why people allow it. I know for a fact if people allow evil stuff they do it more often in the future and other companies follow the trend. It is common sense but a lot of people just follow others that should not be followed. We the people allowed this to happen and the good few standing up for consumer rights get attacked for wanting a better future. I laugh now when networks are down most people deserve it for allowing it for so long. I do not blame sony they are there to make money not make friends. If they can make profits on crappy network why change it unless enough people leave. Enjoy the down times and enjoy future drm online games cause ubisoft says it is the future.

Is Metal Gear Rising worth it?  I remember I kept seeing the words "glorified demo" when it was going for full price, but I'm considering the PS3 version for $6 and some change since it's only a little over a gig in size.

Is Metal Gear Rising worth it? I remember I kept seeing the words "glorified demo" when it was going for full price, but I'm considering the PS3 version for $6 and some change since it's only a little over a gig in size.
the "demo" people are taking about is "metal gear solid 5 ground zeros", "metal gear rising revengence" is a action game by platinum games

It wasn't this guy?

Griefer.png

Word on the street is Sony might be giving a limited demo edition of DriveClub to PS+ members as compensation.
You mean the thing we were promised to go along with the launch of the PS4 over a year ago?... :oldman:

I'll take a kick in the balls instead, kthxbye.

So has Sony said anything about the hack or said sorry for this 

What i do not get why people allow it. I know for a fact if people allow evil stuff they do it more often in the future and other companies follow the trend. It is common sense but a lot of people just follow others that should not be followed. We the people allowed this to happen and the good few standing up for consumer rights get attacked for wanting a better future. I laugh now when networks are down most people deserve it for allowing it for so long. I do not blame sony they are there to make money not make friends. If they can make profits on crappy network why change it unless enough people leave. Enjoy the down times and enjoy future drm online games cause ubisoft says it is the future.
yes i agree. i too see the dark future of games. its falling over into music, youll buy the privilege to listen to it not own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back