PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Opinions on Little Big Planet for Vita? Never played any of them and that seems like a good price.
Get it. It's an excellent game. I only played a few minutes of the original game (on PS3) and then got distracted and never went back to it. LBP Vita was fairly addicting from start to finish and was very impressive graphically and in game play. You should also note that I have a hard time getting into any Vita games because I find the ergonomics of the system difficult, but this game kept me interested enough to stick with it. I traded it in when trade values were high and am tempted to rebuy it now that the price is pretty low. I'd most likely only go back to it for online stuff. The levels people create can be pretty neat to check out. Many are poorly done, but some are pretty great. LBP Vita also has some add-ons which are decently fun such as a Marvel add on that has mini-games and other stuff.

[quote name="kelo360" post="12410385" timestamp="1421255382"]Fun dumb shooter. Not as polished as Killzone. But I enjoyed it as a PS3 resistance fan.[/quote]
Thanks but a follow up question are you talking about not as polished as killzone mercenary on the vita, or killzone on the psp?

Fun dumb shooter. Not as polished as Killzone. But I enjoyed it as a PS3 resistance fan.
Since you are comparing apples and oranges, I wonder if you are thinking of the correct Resistance game since you are comparing it to Killzone Mercenary. Resistance Burning Skies is a Vita game while the Resistance Retribution on sale is a PSP game.

That's not true. PSN isn't Amazon - it wouldn't surprise me at all if companies had to agree to sell, say, 1000 units or risk delisting.
I'm sure it wouldn't surprise you but that doesn't make it any less of a tale from your ass. There are games out there that get no reviews. Not to mention, games in your 'list' of games that may have gotten delisted due to poor sales are certainly middle sellers, not low sellers. VC2 is the second entry in a popular series, and while it may not have reviewed or sold as well as they may have hoped, it's no slouch. Same with any Silent Hill.

At the very least, publishers are charged for the bandwidth used when PSN users download their games. That's why you often see demos removed from PSN - they cost publishers money if not enough people buy the full game. Demos on Xbox stay up forever and they get more because Microsoft doesn't charge for the bandwidth used to download them.
And the price of tea in China is? We are talking about paid games, the sale of which covers the cost of download many, many times over (which is why games can be profitable at less than a buck. Who is talking about demos? Nobody.

I don't know why you brought up Dragon Age 2 or Uncharted for Vita because reviews were good, sales were good for both games.
Because it makes as much sense as you bringing up Silent Hill Downpour being delisted for 'tarnishing the brand'.

By your logic, F2P games should stay up forever since they don't cost anything. Free Realms was shut down, PlayStation Home is going to be shut down, City of Heroes on PC was shut down, Soulcalibur: Unbreakable Soul on iOS was shut down. All of them were still making money until they were removed from their marketplaces. (Actually, I don't know about the last one since I don't folllow iOS news.)
F2P games require new content to stay relevant, and Home is an online service that requires new content, maintenance, and some level of supervision.

Silent Hill Downpour, or VC2, are a small file that needs to sit on a server and be downloaded occasionally for the whopping cost of a fraction of a cent.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

None of your points change in any way the fact that you're jumping to massive conclusions and posting nonsense as if it's fact. It's absurd to think a Silent Hill or VC game got delisted due to poor sales.

If games like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs for PSP, costing $30, can still sit there with only 8 reviews, thinking a revered game like VC2 is getting delisted because of poor sales with nearly 900 reviews and a relatively large fanbase is the definition of goofy.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, and you're jumping to ridiculous conclusions. You are illustrating the adage 'a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing' because you're taking a little knowledge (ie, being charge a slight fee per download) and using it to justify ridiculous things. Pro tip - a company that is selling something digital for $10 does not take a game down because any time they sell it and a user downloads the files it costs them a fraction of a penny.

I glanced over at the CAG twitter feed a couple minutes ago and noticed they have a link to a deal for the Sly Collection on PS3 for $3. Not sure if this has been mentioned already but I typically ignore the twitter feed so I had to share this here.

http://t.co/oTbSjsM9Qx
Thanks very much, it's hard to go wrong for $1 per game! While I'm the first to admit that the BoxedDeal site looks sketchy as hell, I've purchased Xbox Live cards from them multiple times in the past and never had any trouble. I bought this code (with Paypal) and received it instantly and redeemed it with no trouble.

How does resistance retribution play on the vita, or in general?
The camera/aim controls should remap to the right stick nicely, if I'm remembering the controls correctly from when I last played that around its launch. It was a solid third-person shooter set in that universe made by Bend, who made the Syphon Filter games on PSP and Uncharted on Vita.

[quote name="FriskyTanuki" post="12411268" timestamp="1421266888"]The camera/aim controls should remap to the right stick nicely, if I'm remembering the controls correctly from when I last played that around its launch. It was a solid third-person shooter set in that universe made by Bend, who made the Syphon Filter games on PSP and Uncharted on Vita.[/quote]
Thanks FriskyTanuki.

Can anyone tell me why the Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD is in the Vita section? Is it playable on the Vita as well as the PS3?

I'm thinking of doing the ps3 FF14 trade up to ps4. I have the PC version currently.

Does it require me to actually load it to my ps3 and log in and then transfer, or can it all be done through the PSN and Square sites?

I'm thinking of doing the ps3 FF14 trade up to ps4. I have the PC version currently.

Does it require me to actually load it to my ps3 and log in and then transfer, or can it all be done through the PSN and Square sites?
You have to start it up once on PS3 to attach the license to your SE account, then you can do the transfer. The process is detailed here.

Any opinions on Okami HD for PS3 with controller only (no camera)?

I didn't even realize it had a camera option. Ha. I bought it awhile ago and I have no complaints. I never played it when it first came out so I have zero to compare it to.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/14/science-puzzler-splice-coming-to-ps4-ps3-on-jan-20th/

Splice is out on PS4 and PS3 next week for $14.99, $11.99 for PS+ members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpAi8kPrFaA

Cipher Prime is also offering a Splice OST for free via Bandcamp for the next week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/14/rack-n-ruin-brings-the-apocalypse-to-ps4/

Rack N Ruin is coming to PS4 in the near future and lets you play as a bad guy. From the comments, the game will have a platinum trophy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDsA4casHXw

Any opinions on Okami HD for PS3 with controller only (no camera)?
I didn't even realize it had a camera option. Ha. I bought it awhile ago and I have no complaints. I never played it when it first came out so I have zero to compare it to.
Yeah I think it supports motion control like the Wii version did but the game was originally designed for a controller anyway and plays like Zelda.

As a heads up for new Okami people, the intro to that game is an excruciating 30 minutes of story stuff before you get control and can save so that you never have to endure that again. Don't start that game if you're a little tired because it will threaten to put you to sleep. It should be fine after that, but that was a challenge when I tried to start it up before I went to bed.

truncated
This is the last time I am responding about this subject since not only are you grossly misinformed, you are absolutely disrespectful. A simple Google search could have cleared up your misconceptions but you would rather be snarky than access the wealth of info at your fingertips. Games absolutely can be delisted due to poor sales. Here it is from someone who's actually in the know and is not just armchair theorizing: Marc Whitten, general manager at Xbox Live, said, "We will be delisting older underperforming titles in order to keep the service focused on a selection of high-quality games... the way it will work is that the title will need to be at least six months old and have a Metacritic score below 65 and a conversion rate below six percent on the service. We will also give a three-month notice before delisting any title." That means less than 6% of the people who download the demo or trial version buy the full game for it to be delisted.

I'm on mobile device, so you're going to have Google the quote if you want to verify for yourself. This is talking about Xbox, but you can bet PSN, Nintendo eShop, Steam, et. al. have similar policies in place. I don't expect an apology from since you don't seem the kinda guy to make mea culpas even when presented with irrefutable proof but please refrain from spreading your misinformation.

As a heads up for new Okami people, the intro to that game is an excruciating 30 minutes of story stuff before you get control and can save so that you never have to endure that again. Don't start that game if you're a little tired because it will threaten to put you to sleep. It should be fine after that, but that was a challenge when I tried to start it up before I went to bed.
This. It's worth getting through though.

I glanced over at the CAG twitter feed a couple minutes ago and noticed they have a link to a deal for the Sly Collection on PS3 for $3. Not sure if this has been mentioned already but I typically ignore the twitter feed so I had to share this here.

http://t.co/oTbSjsM9Qx

EDIT: I can confirm this works, I went through checkout using Paypal funds and they sent a redeemable code to my email instantly. I just redeemed my code on the Playstation Store and it's now ready for download.
Thanks, just got it and it works.
They emailed me the code instantly, not bad.

Okay, dropped from cart:
Ratchet and Clank Collection Vita - it'll go on sale again

Jet Moto 1 and 2 - racers on the PS1 are a hard sell, even on Vita

Twisted Metal 1 and 2 - I'm gonna catch up on later Twisted Metal games instead

You are scrapping together a myriad of unrelated factoids to defend a ridiculous conclusion you jumped to. It's not the first time you've jumped to conclusions, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Games get delisted all the time. There are many, many possible reasons this happens. Assuming and insisting it's low sales is jumping to a conclusion any way you cut it, and one that's most likely wrong.

Xbox having a policy to 'clean house' of games that don't have a certain demo to full purchase sell through ratio has nothing to do with PSN. Whether or not xbox has this policy or not does not mean assuming this policy was used for Silent Hill is still not jumping to a conclusion. What part of 'jumping to conclusions' do you still not understand? All you know is that it was delisted. Insisting any specific thing 'must be the reason' is the very definition of jumping to a conclusion.

EDIT:

Also, do you even read what you quoted?

"the way it will work is that the title will need to be at least six months old and have a Metacritic score below 65"

Silent Hill Downpour has a metacritic of 68, so this policy wouldn't apply anyway.

And again, VC2 was pulled for exploit reasons, not sales reasons (and is actually up on the store).

Keep coming up with theories, please. The issue here is that you are absolutely insisting it must be low sales, when that doesn't pass the smell test based on what we do know. VC2, for example, certainly sells far better than many other psp games. You've then jumped around, claiming it could be because of 'tarnishing the brand', or xbox policies, or anything else, instead of just saying 'oh, yeah, I guess it might not be low sales and could be because of something else."

EDIT 2 - - I do apologize if I'm being a little bit aggressive. I'm just blown away that you keep insisting this has to be the case, instead of simply admitting you jumped to a conclusion and that plenty of other possibilities exist. Low sales is at the bottom of that totem pole of possibilities (near zero for the specific games being discussed), not the sole option as you seem to insist.

Is Daxter worth it at the sale price? Or should I get the dual pack which has Daxter and Secret Agent Clank?
Both are great games if you like that type of platformer. Not sure of the price of the dual pack. But if you can get both games below 20$. That is solid.

But yeah 4$ for daxter is solid.

Okay, dropped from cart:
Ratchet and Clank Collection Vita - it'll go on sale again
Jet Moto 1 and 2 - racers on the PS1 are a hard sell, even on Vita
Twisted Metal 1 and 2 - I'm gonna catch up on later Twisted Metal games instead
- Twisted Metal 1 does not hold up all that well so if you've never played these games before it's safe to skip that one.

- Twisted Metal 2 is one of the best vehicular combat games ever made and the gameplay still holds up really well. The individual story lines for the drivers are actually pretty entertaining and quirky in that 90s sort of way. In the two or so years I've been a subscriber to PS+, I don't remember ever seeing it included in a sale. Don't skip this one!

- Jet Moto 1 & 2 I haven't played in years but I haven't really seen them on sale either so that's my reason for picking them up.

Twisted Metal 1 and 2 were on sale twice in 2013. Once a Twisted Metal sale, once a PS All Stars related sale, and that time there was a PS+ discount.

Sorry, joined in June 2013, I over estimated a little. I guess sales were earlier that year or I just managed to miss them? At any rate, Twisted Metal 2 is one of those genre defining games that should not be missed.

Is [SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn worth the $20?  By browsing the PS store I can't tell what the monthly fee is, is there one and is it worth it from anyone who has played the game?[/SIZE]

Is [SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn worth the $20? By browsing the PS store I can't tell what the monthly fee is, is there one and is it worth it from anyone who has played the game?[/SIZE]
there is a $12-15 mo/fee, first month is free. its a fun game, definitely worth $20 imo and a months play time, after that its pretty much like any MMO just grind grind grind. The quests and world are cool though and there is an insane amount of content, and its very japan-esque. I'm not a huge final fantasy fan (only played 7 or 8, the one with cloud/sephiroth/etc) and played FF14:ARR for a few months last year. its more fun with friends though, as the late end game stuff is group only.

i might pick up a few PSN games if sony sends out the 10% coupon before the sale ends

Is [SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn worth the $20? By browsing the PS store I can't tell what the monthly fee is, is there one and is it worth it from anyone who has played the game?[/SIZE]
Also if you're interested, and you have a PS3, buy it on the PS3 for $12.XX and then use the free upgrade to the PS4, saving you $7.

So I got one of those anniversary PS4s and I was think about buying the 3 year accidental coverage on the playstation store. I see it's on sale for 10% off with plus. Is that always the case or is it simply a part of this particular sale?

So I got one of those anniversary PS4s and I was think about buying the 3 year accidental coverage on the playstation store. I see it's on sale for 10% off with plus. Is that always the case or is it simply a part of this particular sale?
its been on sale for few times since the early adopters year warranty was up in november. they've been pushing it pretty hard (1-2 emails to me a month)

So can anyone who has purchased Jet Moto 2 confirm if it is the vanilla version or the championship edition (it will say on the title screen) that came as the greatest hits version? The CE has all the Jet Moto 1 tracks unlocked from the start and cuts down on the amount of other racers on the track to improve the framerate.

It's worth it at $8 IMO. It's got a lot of content. But if you don't like jrpgs, or have a huge backlog, you can wait.
I agree with this, only to add, if you don't like JRPGs, it might be a good gateway. It just nails everything there is to like about the genre, while having such a great story, characters and progression that anyone who ever scoffed at spending 100+ hours on turn-based gameplay is in for quite a surprise.

I am also considering the extended warranty but just regular. Though it can be purchased anytime within first year. Does anyone know when the extended warranty starts when purchased? Is it when you purchased your ps4 ( I know they make you enter ps4 purchase date) or when you purchased the warranty. Guess if it's when you purchased the ps4 there's no reason to wait like there is if it begins when purchased.

I am also considering the extended warranty but just regular. Though it can be purchased anytime within first year. Does anyone know when the extended warranty starts when purchased? Is it when you purchased your ps4 ( I know they make you enter ps4 purchase date) or when you purchased the warranty. Guess if it's when you purchased the ps4 there's no reason to wait like there is if it begins when purchased.
I believe the T&C on the Sony PS3/PS4 extended warranty is that it starts on the day after factory warranty expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back