PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
After picking it up in the PSN sale I'm looking forward to playing Resident Evil 2 again, but now I'm kind of thinking I shouldn't just in case Capcom makes Resident Evil 2 HD. I'd still get RE2 HD, but part of the fun I had with Resident Evil HD was playing it for the first time in over fifteen years.

After picking it up in the PSN sale I'm looking forward to playing Resident Evil 2 again, but now I'm kind of thinking I shouldn't just in case Capcom makes Resident Evil 2 HD. I'd still get RE2 HD, but part of the fun I had with Resident Evil HD was playing it for the first time in over fifteen years.
Feeling you on that. I bought RE2 and 3 for Vita last week because I haven't played it in soooo long and it'd be nice to just have it on the go.

Congrats! I'm not sure I understand the question. You have 6gb free, and the games you want to download are only 3.5gb.... so... yes, you should be able to download them right away.
I was just asking if I purchase the games directly from my Vita through the PS Store will it then automatically download to the Vita because I don't want that. I want to buy them and have them in my account so that I can download load them one by one and play them at a later date. I hope that makes more sense.

Thanks everyone for your responses about Playstation Plus. Like I said I never considered it before but like all of you mentioned if I plan to get a PS4 in the future, which I do, then I should really consider it. When you break it down to $4 a month you really can't go wrong so thanks again.

I was just asking if I purchase the games directly from my Vita through the PS Store will it then automatically download to the Vita because I don't want that. I want to buy them and have them in my account so that I can download load them one by one and play them at a later date. I hope that makes more sense.
You can easily cancel the download on the Vita, but if you want to make it as easy as possible, buy them on the web store instead.

Yup, as Frisky said, the easiest way to do so would be to buy on the webstore. If you do buy on your vita, it'll add to your downloads... to cancel it, if you're in the main section of your vita (with bubbles) you should see part of a blue circle top right. Touch that, and you'll see system messages/etc. Your downloads will be there, and you can easily cancel them.

If a game downloads, you just touch and hold a bubble to enter bubble managment mode, where you can move stuff around. touch the three dots next to a games bubble to get the option to delete.

Exciting day... Sony approved me (well, my company) as a fully-licensed PlayStation developer. :)  With any luck, I'll have some PS4 and Vita games going on sale and being listed in the OP eventually, haha.

Exciting day... Sony approved me (well, my company) as a fully-licensed PlayStation developer. :) With any luck, I'll have some PS4 and Vita games going on sale and being listed in the OP eventually, haha.
Congrats. I'll be sure to pick up whatever game you make when PS+ offers it as the free game of the month. :whee:

Very cool! Congrats! What types of games are you working on?
Thanks dude. :) Right now, I'm working on a run-and-jump 2D platformer with some RPG elements.. basically "what would Super Mario World be if Mario could level up?" (Not quite like Super Paper Mario, because this is much heavier on the platforming side than the RPG side. Jump damage increases as you level up, etc.)

After that, my focus will probably be on on platformers, Metroidvanias, and RPGs for the next couple of years, because those are my favorite genres to develop.

I don't want to sound too spammy, but just in case anyone's interested, I have a few places set up where I post updates: Website / Facebook / Twitter

I don't want to get your hopes up but as far as I know Resident Evil 2 HD has been all but confirmed to be out later this year or same time next year.

When the news broke of RE HD was being made a Japanese RE site posted the wrong info which later corrected it to be RE not RE2 but the screenshots they showed were of RE2. I would post a link but the site is no longer active.

I don't know if it's company-wide, but the Cumberland Farms nearest to me has PS+ 3 month subs for $2 off. So instead of $18 they're $16. Not a huge savings I know, but I figured I'd mention it.

FYI that's $19 more for a year than getting a year from BBY this week.
Yeah, I don't buy the 3 month subs anyway, but Cumbys has been selling them at $2 off a 3 month sub for probably over a month and I just thought to mention it today.

Wish Cumbys would do the $5 off of a $20 eShop card again, or $5 off a $20 PSN card.

Your paying for a service. Your entitled to access everything that the service provides but are subject to the terms of agreement set forth by Sony. You can be disappointed in the way a game is priced but anyone has the right to disagree with you. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. But, if you think your entitled to something more from Sony over this your delusional.
Right...I didn't buy it. But I'm still allowed to speak up. I have longterm stake in Sony so that's the least I'm entitled to.

Oh, and for future reference: "your" is possessive. You should be using "you're," a contraction for "you are."

And stop fighting console wars.
Hyperbole much? I have all platforms and play them all a relatively equal amount. No motive to do that bullshit. Every time someone criticizes a company, they MUST be infatuated with the competitor? Right, because that makes sense.

The Housemarque newsletter suggests we'll get some more news on Resogun's Defenders expansion later today.

Two new tables for Zen Pinball 2:

https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/565148427173265409

Thanks dude. :) Right now, I'm working on a run-and-jump 2D platformer with some RPG elements.. basically "what would Super Mario World be if Mario could level up?" (Not quite like Super Paper Mario, because this is much heavier on the platforming side than the RPG side. Jump damage increases as you level up, etc.)

After that, my focus will probably be on on platformers, Metroidvanias, and RPGs for the next couple of years, because those are my favorite genres to develop.

I don't want to sound too spammy, but just in case anyone's interested, I have a few places set up where I post updates: Website / Facebook / Twitter
Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to playing your stuff on Vita!

It sucks that the so many of the SNK titles aren't crossbuy with the PSP/Vita but I own most of the PS3 releases from a previous sale and they're very solid ports. No trophies or anything but some of them do have network play which elevates them above the Wii VC releases of the games. I'll probably grab anything I don't already have on the PS3 side of things.

EDIT - And my avatar is meaningful again! Wish they would put SS3 and 4 on there though...

Wow, nothing for ps4?  That's a bummer.  Hopefully there is more to this sale.  I do like some of those konami games... just wish they were available for ps4.  Wish they had Frogger III... I played that game on C64 like there was no tomorrow.  HoD is a fantastic game, but has been on sale a few times already.  If you dont have it already, get it!

Wow, nothing for ps4?  That's a bummer.  Hopefully there is more to this sale.  I do like some of those konami games... just wish they were available for ps4.  Wish they had Frogger III... I played that game on C64 like there was no tomorrow.  HoD is a fantastic game, but has been on sale a few times already.  If you dont have it already, get it!

I have been waiting for a SNK sale:

Samurai Showdown Anthology (I, II, III, IV, V, and VI) $10 sounds perfect

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/samurai-shodown-anthology/cid=UP0576-ULUS10401_00-SAMURAIANTHO0001

Debating on SNK ARCADE CLASSICS VOL. 1 (Art of Fighting, Baseball Stars 2, Burning Fight,Fatal Fury, King of Fighters’94, King of the Monsters, Last Resort, Magician Lord, Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Samurai Showdown, Sengoku, Shock Troopers, Super Sidekicks 3, Top Hunter, World Heroes) not bad for $10

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/samurai-shodown-anthology/cid=UP0576-ULUS10401_00-SAMURAIANTHO0001
Debating on SNK ARCADE CLASSICS VOL. 1 (Art of Fighting, Baseball Stars 2, Burning Fight,Fatal Fury, King of Fighters’94, King of the Monsters, Last Resort, Magician Lord, Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Samurai Showdown, Sengoku, Shock Troopers, Super Sidekicks 3, Top Hunter, World Heroes) not bad for $10
Yep, those are great deals! Don't forget Metal Slug Anthology for PSP/Vita, also only 9.99 and a total steal for the amount of content. I already have most of the SNK games, but will be getting SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 for the Vita.

Also looking forward to the standalone Metal Slug 3 game coming soon for PSN.

Is there any difference between the individual psn games and the PSP anthology? Are they the same port?

That Konami sale is weak as hell. Just give us half-priced Gradius already, geez!

Maybe Nintendo will offer something better this week. And maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt!

Since the sales suck this week, I think I'll pick up Minecraft. If I get the PS3 version then pay the fee to upgrade to the PS4 version, I still get to keep the PS3 version, right? May be a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure.

Is there any difference between the individual psn games and the PSP anthology? Are they the same port?
SNK handled the Anthologies themselves IIRC. I haven't played the PSP ports of the Metal Slug Anthology and SNK Aracde Classics, but found the PS2 versions to be sort of rough around edges and had to deal with some moderate input lag. Unless you're really familiar with the source material you may not even notice the differences though. The Anthology also supports in-game trophies (separate from Sony's trophy system).

The individual games were ported by M2. M2 is generally considered the best developer out there when it comes to emulation and they often go to great lengths to preserve the feel of the originals. I was really impressed with the PS3 versions (aside from the netcode).

Edit: The input lag is much, much better on the PSP version of SNK Arcade Classics than it was on the PS2.

Since the sales suck this week, I think I'll pick up Minecraft. If I get the PS3 version then pay the fee to upgrade to the PS4 version, I still get to keep the PS3 version, right? May be a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure.
I thought the upgrade deal only applied if you played the game before a certain date?

Bought and started up Super Stardust Ultra. The five planets included have different names than the planets in HD or Delta, though the bit I've played for the first planet is similar to what the first planet of HD offered with the saucer boss at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back