PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuZOyhs5hc0

Housemarque announced at their event today in Helsinki that they're working on a new game with Eugene Jarvis (Defender, Smash TV, Robotron, and many more), which is because he enjoyed Resogun so much that he proposed a partnership. They also had a panel with Eugene and the Lead Programmer of Resogun that will be on their Youtube channel soon. They did put up a video of Eugene trying out a prototype of the new game, which is using Resogun's music and sound effects at the moment despite not being similar to Resogun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5d5FcSAyGo

Am I just missing something or is there no way to buy Baseball Stars 2 a la carte on the Vita store?

I just want Baseball Stars 2, not all the other games on the SNK collection.

Am I just missing something or is there no way to buy Baseball Stars 2 a la carte on the Vita store?

I just want Baseball Stars 2, not all the other games on the SNK collection.
So you want this then:

Baseball Stars 2

Edit: you may need to buy this on the webstore first, not sure, but it should be compatible with the Vita.

So since Baseball Stars 2 is listed in blue text in that thread, I guess it means that there's no way to get it onto a Vita unless you also own a PS3 and can do that PS3 to Vita transfer method?

Housemarque announced at their event today in Helsinki that they're working on a new game with Eugene Jarvis (Defender, Smash TV, Robotron, and many more), which is because he enjoyed Resogun so much that he proposed a partnership. They also had a panel with Eugene and the Lead Programmer of Resogun that will be on their Youtube channel soon. They did put up a video of Eugene trying out a prototype of the new game, which is using Resogun's music and sound effects at the moment despite not being similar to Resogun.
My lord. Please, please, PLEASE give us Robotron 3084 or a Smash TV style game.

New Blogcast ep 153 (Feb.17)

PS4
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
Hand of Fate
Paparazzi
Pillar
Q*Bert Rebooted *Cross-Buy
Trivial Pursuit Live!

The Order: 1886 (Out Friday, 20th)

PS3
Q*Bert Rebooted
Treasures of Montezuma Arena
Trivial Pursuit Live!

VITA
Q*Bert Rebooted

Alright, I bought Baseball Stars 2. For anyone on the fence, it doesn't have much in common with Nintendo Baseball Stars. First and foremost, there is no rpg element to it. For me, the best part of Baseball Stars was making money and buying and building players. If that's what you're hoping for, skip it.

Baseball Stars 2 is a decent game on its own, much more an arcade game than Baseball Stars was. There looks to be 2 single-player modes: play one game or play a 15-game season. There is also an on-line mode, but I haven't messed around with it. It plays like a pretty stripped down baseball game. It has power-ups, but I haven't figured out how they work. 

I'm disappointed in it, but only because I was expecting it to be Baseball Stars with better graphics. If you're jonesing for a baseball game until MLB '15 comes out, this might do the trick. For me, I probably won't play much more of it. 

I think I'm almost finished with Transistor and man is this game amazing. They nailed it. The story telling and visuals are amazing as well as the soundtrack, but the gameplay is just hands above anything I've played that's strategy/rpg type.

I don't want it to end! Any recommendations for a similarly engaging but not overwhelming rpg like gameplay.
I have not yet played Transistor, but I have played Bastion which is from the same people. I don't think it's even on console just pc/mac/linux/ios/android, but I highly recommend playing Bastion as well.

Not saying it's similar, but Supergiant has put out some damn fine games.

I have almost purchased Transistor a few times, and when it was announced for this months PS+ I didn't care what else was mentioned. But like I said I haven't started playing it yet, I am in the process of moving/packing/fixing stuff in my house and I don't want to start a new game that I may not be able to get into for a few weeks..

I have not yet played Transistor, but I have played Bastion which is from the same people. I don't think it's even on console just pc/mac/linux/ios/android, but I highly recommend playing Bastion as well.

Not saying it's similar, but Supergiant has put out some damn fine games.

I have almost purchased Transistor a few times, and when it was announced for this months PS+ I didn't care what else was mentioned. But like I said I haven't started playing it yet, I am in the process of moving/packing/fixing stuff in my house and I don't want to start a new game that I may not be able to get into for a few weeks..
Bastion debuted on Xbox 360 and moved to PC later on, though it'll be on all of the PS consoles later this year.

Alright, I bought Baseball Stars 2. For anyone on the fence, it doesn't have much in common with Nintendo Baseball Stars. First and foremost, there is no rpg element to it. For me, the best part of Baseball Stars was making money and buying and building players. If that's what you're hoping for, skip it.

Baseball Stars 2 is a decent game on its own, much more an arcade game than Baseball Stars was. There looks to be 2 single-player modes: play one game or play a 15-game season. There is also an on-line mode, but I haven't messed around with it. It plays like a pretty stripped down baseball game. It has power-ups, but I haven't figured out how they work.

I'm disappointed in it, but only because I was expecting it to be Baseball Stars with better graphics. If you're jonesing for a baseball game until MLB '15 comes out, this might do the trick. For me, I probably won't play much more of it.
Did you buy it on PS3 or Vita?

Anyway, if you want a baseball game with RPG elements, Super Mega Baseball is the game to get on PS3/PS4.

I was on the fence since I really loved the NES Baseball Stars. Sounds like I should just fire up the NES again--thanks for the review.

Did you buy it on PS3 or Vita?

Anyway, if you want a baseball game with RPG elements, Super Mega Baseball is the game to get on PS3/PS4.
I got it for PS3. I've heard good things about Super Mega Baseball, but it's a little more than I want to spend just to tide me over to MLB '15.

I passed on the last sale they had where it was $50 to price match BestBuy. I mainly passed because it's bare bones with no internal memory. The bundle deal makes more sense even not being on sale. If the bundle goes on sale too... I'd nab that for half price (~$50) in a heartbeat because at least then I could game on it without having to buy anything else. Plus it would nudge me more towards getting a vita.

I am hopeful for a sale this weekend but I'm not holding my breath.

For those that question the PS+ deals being bad this year, I mostly agree. I don't think there have been very many actual GOOD deals with PS+ discounts this year let alone deals that were any better than past sales. That's different than saying there were no deals... more that the deals that there were, I wouldn't consider most of them very good given past sale prices. The 20th Anniversary Sale for instance had a lot of PS3 games still priced more than I could get physical copies and the PS4 list was 7 games, two of which were just different editions of the same games and those deals weren't really that good.

Still, as much as that sounds like a complaint, I'm more than happy with my PS+ subscription. I have a nice library across all three systems with some fantastic games. That alone has made it worth it to me. But I have saved a few extra bucks on some games on top of the sale prices. So that brings the cost down a little. I don't see any reason why I wouldn't renew my subscription again in December when it comes due.

I'm very patient, and have been telling other people to be patient. I wasn't concerned at all till they changed this months blog formatting.

However, I do take a slight issue with your metric. First, it's unavoidably a bit misleading due to the anniversary sale. But more importantly, I think the issue isn't just 'how many games are on ps+ discount' per week, but rather, what percent of games on sale ALSO have an additional ps+ discount?

That is to say, we're very used to seeing a sale every week, and for as long as I can remember, it felt like almost every single game had an additional ps+ discount. So if 10 games were on sale, 8-10 of them had an additional discount. For the past several weeks (4ish, not exactly sure) we've been seeing the opposite, if 10 games are on sale, only one or two have had additional ps+ discounts.

It's that discrepancy that I think is worrying people. For example, if we had 100 games on sale this week, but only 10 had ps+ discounts, I'd still be concerned even though '10' in and of itself is a lot of ps+ discounts on average.

I guess what I'm saying is I think a more telling metric would be 'percentage of sale games that have an additional ps+ discount' by week, going back several months.

For example,

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/27/playstation-store-update-378/

look at all those N/As for PS+ discount (until we get to My Singing Monsters DLC, which is F2P).

Compare that to one randomly chose (i googled november 2014 psn blog store update)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/04/playstation-store-update-367/

Most everything has an additional discount except for Lego Hobbit and some F2P dlc.
That's some goal post moving there, though I don't mean it in a pejorative manner because the numbers I came up with were not intended to dictate the context under which these deals occurred. It was just in response to claims that they were putting less items on sale since the new year began. I can certainly put together some stats to potentially track more contextual information about the happenings of these sales since I'm interested in finding out if the "claims" are accurate or not, but that would obviously take some extra time since this isn't what I'd like to spend a lot of free time on.

The Amazon Lightning Deal for the PSTV and the bundle seems to have a few unclaimed items left if anyone missed out as of 12:35

I got on the wait list for the ps tv bundle but then in the thread people were locking in deals while others waited for the popup so I logged into my wife's account from my phone and was able to purchase the bundle without issue.

I'm still on the wait list on my pc... though I don't intend on purchasing a second one.

So another PS-TV owner to the group.   This should push me more towards a vita in the near future.

I briefly saw a banner for a Valentine's Flash Sale. Got a page not found when clicking. But look for it later today.

Hope for some good sales. Got in on the PS TV bundle so wouldn't mind some PSP/Vita/PS Classics provided they're compatible with PS TV.

And, as always, looking for more PS4 games to add to my small collection.

I briefly saw a banner for a Valentine's Flash Sale. Got a page not found when clicking. But look for it later today.

Hope for some good sales. Got in on the PS TV bundle so wouldn't mind some PSP/Vita/PS Classics provided they're compatible with PS TV.

And, as always, looking for more PS4 games to add to my small collection.
Just what our wives and girlfriends want...

That's some goal post moving there, though I don't mean it in a pejorative manner because the numbers I came up with were not intended to dictate the context under which these deals occurred. It was just in response to claims that they were putting less items on sale since the new year began. I can certainly put together some stats to potentially track more contextual information about the happenings of these sales since I'm interested in finding out if the "claims" are accurate or not, but that would obviously take some extra time since this isn't what I'd like to spend a lot of free time on.
I'm not sure it's goal post moving because I think my metric shows what people were actually having an issue with -- it's always been the low percentage of additional ps+ discounts (tons of N/As in the list) that bothered people, not the the specific number of ps+ discounts per week. But I don't expect (nor think even should) waste any time with it... we'll either see ps+ sales go back to normal within the next couple weeks or we won't.

Hopefully it goes back to 90% of sale items get further ps+ discounts.

Also...

Flash sale incoming according to Aksys:

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/566307543673098240

I'm not sure it's goal post moving because I think my metric shows what people were actually having an issue with -- it's always been the low percentage of additional ps+ discounts (tons of N/As in the list) that bothered people, not the the specific number of ps+ discounts per week. But I don't expect (nor think even should) waste any time with it... we'll either see ps+ sales go back to normal within the next couple weeks or we won't.

Also...

This is why I want to do some actual research to see if this is just rose-tinted glasses or not.

This is why I want to do some actual research to see if this is just rose-tinted glasses or not.
Fair enough. I wasn't worried for the first few weeks when people started freaking out over in sony blog land. This week was the first week I became concerned, because they changed the blog sale post to no longer have a column for PS+ discount (and thus getting rid of all the recent N/As which were demoralizing/upsetting people) and made PS+ discounts a separate section.

Fair enough. I wasn't worried for the first few weeks when people started freaking out over in sony blog land. This week was the first week I became concerned, because they changed the blog sale post to no longer have a column for PS+ discount (and thus getting rid of all the recent N/As which were demoralizing/upsetting people) and made PS+ discounts a separate section.
That seems more like a way to make it easier to see everything that's on sale for PS+ people rather than mix it all up so that you have to parse the list to figure it all out. That's how they used to do it, though they also used to have redundant lists with PS+/PSN/MSRP prices and other with just PSN/MSRP prices. I don't really get the need for conspiracies.

its your birthday excuse that dont work i go far beyond valentines day is bout bloody massacre people dont know this it not bout love its bout bloody massacre sir vincent valentine himself.

i act like jester other stuff im am peter gabriel guy who invented cosplay people lol on valentines day nothing more ridiculus doing genesis live stage theatre for oyur wife or gf on valentines day

Also...

got happy till i found out they have nothing on the vita i would even want... also after playing c. girls for the past week between 4 to 6 hours a day i dont know if i want to do anymore video gaming on the vita for a while LOL

got happy till i found out they have nothing on the vita i would even want... also after playing c. girls for the past week between 4 to 6 hours a day i dont know if i want to do anymore video gaming on the vita for a while LOL
Has the Flash Sale even started? I poked around the store and haven't seen any new discounts yet.

Has the Flash Sale even started? I poked around the store and haven't seen any new discounts yet.
no has not started yet, just saying i dont think they have released anything on the vita i would want (sale or not)

what i would love to see

FATE EXTRA psp 4.99 or less (normal 10)

Ragnarok Tactics 4.99 or less (normal 10)

glaiator begins 2 bucks or less (normal 8)

saga curse (vita) for 4.99 or less

i say none happen

no, but the banner is up

979835961a.jpg

Knack PS4 $10

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- PS3 $20PS4 - $24

LittleBigPlanet 3 PS3 $24PS4 $24

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris PS4 $8

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris + SEASON PASS PS4 $11.60

The Jackbox Party PS4 $10

Mercenary Kings PS4 $6

Dynasty warriors 8  PS4 $18

TowerFall ascension PS4 $4.50

Rayman Legends PS4 $10