PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Frisky, I just want to make sure I don't double purchase something but it seems that the PS4 version of the Zen Pinball Iron & Steel is not Cross Buy like the PS3 and PS Vita versions correct? I purchased the PS4 version and there is no download for the PS3 or Vita in my download list or when I go to the PSN store on those respective devices. This would be the first time that a Zen Pinball add on is not 100% cross buy between the 3 devices if that is the case???
I believe the correct procedure would have been to buy the table for the Vita or PS3 and then import it on the PS4.

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?6198-Zen-Pinball-2-on-PS4-FAQ

fuck, I hope Sony Rewards gets more $5 PSN cards before 3/31. I have 383 points expiring on that day. After the purchase from yesterday go through, I should have 480. I'll get to 500 easilly but if they don't restock I'm going to be pissed off.

fuck, I hope Sony Rewards gets more $5 PSN cards before 3/31. I have 383 points expiring on that day. After the purchase from yesterday go through, I should have 480. I'll get to 500 easilly but if they don't restock I'm going to be pissed off.
Well you could just get the $10 and pay for half of it

MY $100-ish haul for my Playstation TV:

• One-Year OS Plus subscription
  • Cho Aniki
  • Strider 2 (PSOne Classics)
  • Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
  • Deception IV
  • Binding of Isaac Rebirth
  • Home
  • 2 DLC characters for Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Yay, now I get to spend more on PSN sales but feel like I'm saving money thanks to PS Plus! :)

Wow its only been 3yrs for the vita? Didn't it unofficially die like a year+ ago?
It lives on in the system PSTV that Sony keeps giving away to people who buy its successful system PS4. I got mine for free the other day, and I'm actually looking forward to playing some of these Vita games on the big screen.

Any thoughts on these cheap offerings?

Ben 10 Galactic Racing - $3
Let's Fish: Hooked On - $3
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops - $3.99
Ring Run Circus - $2

I've always had a thing for hidden gems. Just because a game isn't well known doesn't mean it's a bad game.

i already received Virtues Last Reward as part of the free PSN+ instant vita games, but I want to actually outright BUY it for $12.....anyone know if sony fixed the problem where you couldnt PURCHASE PSN+ INstant collection games that you already added to your account??

Has anyone ever tried calling SOny tech support to ask if they can change the instant collection game license to an actual purchased license?
It's not really a 'problem' from their perspective, and it'll never be fixed. It would require making every store's interface far more complex and confusing for joe user. Right now it's either 'buy' or 'download'... trying to create an interface for 'hey you have this for free, but want to buy it anyway?' is just asking for user error. it would only benefit a very, very small percentage of people that want to rebuy something they can already play for free. Not worth it, at all.

As for calling CS, some people have reported success at getting a game removed from their inventory to rebuy, but it's ymmv and probably not worth the hassle.

And raised the price of that $0.60 game to $3.00 as well.
AKA fixed a typo?

Has Sony ever put a game on sale that they also listed as part of IGC in the same month?  I ask because I would be interested in ps+ for the additional discount, but would not add to IGC as I know it would lead to issues when I wanted to buy it outright.

It lives on in the system PSTV that Sony keeps giving away to people who buy its successful system PS4. I got mine for free the other day, and I'm actually looking forward to playing some of these Vita games on the big screen.

Ring Run Circus - $2

I've always had a thing for hidden gems. Just because a game isn't well known doesn't mean it's a bad game.
Let's Fish is created by the team that made Sega Bass Fishing. It plays very similarly to that game. During the PS2 era, it was one of the best fishing games of its time, but I'm not sure you'd want to play it today if you've never tried it.

Has Sony ever put a game on sale that they also listed as part of IGC in the same month? I ask because I would be interested in ps+ for the additional discount, but would not add to IGC as I know it would lead to issues when I wanted to buy it outright.
No, the only option PS+ people have for the month is to get it for free. Sometimes the other versions of a game are sale that month, but that's usually for non-Cross Buy games.

Tales of Hearts is a very interesting game. There really need to be demos for these games. Also, I know how you feel, I can't grind through RPGs like I could in my teens.
ToHR is so, so, so much better than the two Xillias. I have a hard time putting it down, as I love each and every one of the characters and the battle system is crazy-addictive; the pacing is also very efficient and I'm eager to see how the story unfolds (I've put in ~18 hours so far and just finished the desert).

Milla Maxwell is easily my most hated JRPG character right now. I was also very disappointed by Xillia 2's huge plot holes and dumb ending(s).

My haul:

~Q-Bert Reloaded $6.99

~Record of Agarest Series War Bundle $24.99

~Disgaea: Hour of Darkness $6.99

~Monopoly Family Fun Pack $20.99

~Tales of Hearts R $19.99

~Xenogears $9.99

~Threads of Fate $5.99

~Vagrant Story $5.99

~Desert Ashes FREE

Total $101.92

Bought 2 of the $50 PSN cards off eBay for $80. Got $8 back in eBay Bucks, and will be getting $15 back from Sony. So if my math is correct, that would be about $58.92 for what I got. 

Even though I paid full price for Xenogears, Threads of Fate and Vagrant Story, I would say that's a pretty good haul. :)

Ring Run Circus - $2

Don't forget the remote play feature of the PSTV/Vita. Worth the price for that alone IMO.

Just do your self a favor and buy a DS4 for the PSTV.. I realized real quick that I could not get into my inventory when remote playing D3 on the PSTV with the DS3 i got with the bundle. Sony should just disable the "share" button while remote playing a game.. let the select button be mapped to the DS4's touchpad button. Or at least give you the option to remap it yourself.

Love my Vita and the PSTV. it's great for some late night farming, don't have to go sit in the front room and play..

Dead? hardly.

I am downloading Tales of Hearts R when I get home. I can't pass that price up despite having no time to play the game. Who has played it though and what do you think? 

I am downloading Tales of Hearts R when I get home. I can't pass that price up despite having no time to play the game. Who has played it though and what do you think?
ToHR is so, so, so much better than the two Xillias. I have a hard time putting it down, as I love each and every one of the characters and the battle system is crazy-addictive; the pacing is also very efficient and I'm eager to see how the story unfolds (I've put in ~18 hours so far and just finished the desert).

Any recommendations for the Vita sale? I'm usually into RPGs, but my issue is that I tend to get rather bored of games easily (or lets say that not many games can keep my interest).
Are there any musts?
Tales of Hearts is a very interesting game. There really need to be demos for these games. Also, I know how you feel, I can't grind through RPGs like I could in my teens.
Other than Tales of Hearts R, what about these?

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth1, any of the Atelier series, and Valhalla Knights 3?

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth1, any of the Atelier series, and Valhalla Knights 3?
I haven't played those others, but I have a feeling you wouldn't like Valhalla Knights 3. Every opinion I've read on it says it's too much of a grind to be fun.

This Vita sale was RAD! 

Earth Defense Force® 2017 Portable $12.00
As a B movie fan, EDF is a no brainer. 
Deception IV: Blood Ties $15.99
I loved Deception 1 and 2 on the PSX, so I'm really interested in IV.
Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland $15.99
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland $15.99
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland $15.99
The Atelier games have always piqued my interest, but I just didn't think I could commit the time to it on a console. I'm very excited to start playing them. And thanks for whomever posted the comparison video earlier in the thread. I'm not sure which game to play first either and while I haven't watched the vid, it seems useful.
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles $7.49
Rondo of Blood is THE BUSINESS.
Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment $15.99
I'm getting back into anime for the first time since 2004, and I've heard a lot of chatter about SAO. Enough CAGs seem interested in the game, so for $16 I'll check it out.
Monster Monpiece $11.99
I have nearly no idea what this is, but what the hell. It's a card game and I generally love card games (Shout outs to Culdcept and Neverland Card Battles).

Thanks for the indirect reminder. I completely forgot about Sony Rewards. I've been building points on there for a while now... grabbed a $10 card. Too bad it's not digital delivery. Whats up with that? Anyway good to get extra stuff for buying stuff.

Did they ever patch Castlevania to work on PSTV?
I didn't realize it wasn't compatible but yep it's on the list.

Let's Fish is created by the team that made Sega Bass Fishing. It plays very similarly to that game. During the PS2 era, it was one of the best fishing games of its time, but I'm not sure you'd want to play it today if you've never tried it.
If I like cute girls doing cute things and have never played fishing games, would I like it? The closest thing I can think of is golf. I like golf games.

The NEP games are a bit grindy. In the beginning you'll struggle against regular battles. But by end game you'll be earning millions of exp from some battles. I can't recommend it to everyone since its honestly not really a great game. Its mediocre and you'll either really love it or hate it. The price is alright though.

Ateliers are some of my favorite games. I practically bought a ps3 and vita just to play them. Its not for everyone though. The story isn't exactly exciting. But characters are likable. Combat is serviceable. And synthesis can be addicting. People make a big deal about the time limit but its actually a very easy game. If you're smart about using your time, you'll be fine.

Milla Maxwell is easily my most hated JRPG character right now.
Thems fightin' words. Milla was the best part of Xillia. Her strong will and determination even after the big reveal made me love her.

Holy carp*, we're virtually in the same part of the game right now. You'll probably beat it faster than me though since I'm trying to find all the sub-quests in the game.

Yeah you can't go wrong with ToHR. Where I do think you might go wrong on is the DLC; don't you get some of those costumes unlocked later in the game?

*I did that on purpose...since they're talking about whales and all.

So the Ateliers really are that good? I couldn't make up my mind last night and even though I had $100+ to spend I was too tired and too lazy to figure out what to buy.

So we're getting the Toro vita theme this week. Any word on if they are going to offer the ps4 theme as well for purchase in NA? Looks like its now available through the EU store.

i already received Virtues Last Reward as part of the free PSN+ instant vita games, but I want to actually outright BUY it for $12.....anyone know if sony fixed the problem where you couldnt PURCHASE PSN+ INstant collection games that you already added to your account??

Has anyone ever tried calling SOny tech support to ask if they can change the instant collection game license to an actual purchased license?

how about using Sub accounts under a PSN+ account to purchase a former IGC?
I tried talking to live chat yesterday to get urban freestyle off my account so I could rebuy for $0.70. unfortunately the csr said they couldn't do it. I mentioned why I wanted to do it [to guarantee I can play the game if my ps+ sub runs out], but he just mentioned something about once a digital item is bought, it can't be removed/refunded after 30/60/90? days [sorry cant remember the amt]. too bad i wasn't one of the lucky few where it worked

also really wish that this was an acknowledge issue with something in the works to correct.. but like affa said, they probably dont see it as a problem as the average user would probably just see them as "Hey free games" or "oh I already 'own' that game, let's get something else."

I tried talking to live chat yesterday to get urban freestyle off my account so I could rebuy for $0.70. unfortunately the csr said they couldn't do it. I mentioned why I wanted to do it [to guarantee I can play the game if my ps+ sub runs out], but he just mentioned something about once a digital item is bought, it can't be removed/refunded after 30/60/90? days [sorry cant remember the amt]. too bad i wasn't one of the lucky few where it worked

also really wish that this was an acknowledge issue with something in the works to correct.. but like affa said, they probably dont see it as a problem as the average user would probably just see them as "Hey free games" or "oh I already 'own' that game, let's get something else."
Yeah, it is an annoyance. I bought Burnout Paradise before the Ultimate Edition was released, and because I have the standalone game, they won't let me buy the bundle. Tried to get them to remove it from my account, but no luck.

If I like cute girls doing cute things and have never played fishing games, would I like it? The closest thing I can think of is golf. I like golf games.
Get Monpiece instead. Its cute girls dressed up like monsters fighting each other and occasionally giving each other massages...

Sounds like I should pass on Deception IV, since there seems to be this "complete" version coming up. 

Guess I'll pick up Sword Art Online and Tales of Hearts to get to my $100 spent, at the minimum.

Another thanks for the reminder! 700+ of my 1200+ points expire on 3/31, so I just picked up a $10 PSN card too.

Anybody think there'll be a better deal later on for the Watchdogs pass? I don't have enough for it in my account right now, but should get the $15 back before the sale is over.

Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland $15.99
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland $15.99
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland $15.99
The Atelier games have always piqued my interest, but I just didn't think I could commit the time to it on a console. I'm very excited to start playing them. And thanks for whomever posted the comparison video earlier in the thread. I'm not sure which game to play first either and while I haven't watched the vid, it seems useful.
The chronological order is Rorona -> Totori -> Meruru (and characters and story lines sort of continue through the series, although it's easy to pick up on even if you play them out of order). I actually started with Totori and played Rorona last (since I was avoiding the dated original and waiting for the plus version...which is an actual remake of sorts unlike Totori and Meruru, where the plus versions are more director's cuts).

Rorona Plus also does add some post-game content that wasn't in the original that's meant to tie together the trilogy and puts all 3 main characters together as sort of a bonus aimed at people who have played through the whole series. So it's sort of the first part of the trilogy along with something of an addendum to the trilogy.

Sounds like I should pass on Deception IV, since there seems to be this "complete" version coming up.

Guess I'll pick up Sword Art Online and Tales of Hearts to get to my $100 spent, at the minimum.
Is there any information confirming that the 'complete' edition will come to the U.S.?

Just buy it. You'll be glad you did.
I decided to wait myself because I have other expenses atm and I could afford the game but might as well wait since it's sure to be on sale again in 6 months or

Is there any information confirming that the 'complete' edition will come to the U.S.?
No, but there's no reason to think it won't come over. Most of the localization work was done already with the original and TK releases most of their non-strategy games here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back