PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting for Sony to drop an bomb like Xbox one backwards compatibility. The only really unexpected thing that I saw was the issue with the uncharted 4 demo. It was a solid conference but I don't feel the urge to go out and pre order or purchase anything that I wasn't going to already before e3. Microsoft on the other hand might have sold me on a Xbox one (in a few years when it gets cheaper) since I have never owned an Xbox 360.
That was never going to happen since Sony paid over a billion dollars for a streaming company for their Playstation Now service.

It doesn't look like the 20th Anniversary accessories that came with the PS4 lottery.  Those had the Playstation controller's face buttons all over the thumb pad.  The picture could be bad here, but I just don't see any of it.

Edit:  It's not the same 20th Anniversary bundle controller.  There's no Playstation symbols on the touchpad.  NeoGAF has a better picture here.  It's too bad.  I love that 20th Anniversary bundle controller, but I do understand the need to leave those symbols out of these ones made for the masses.

The Media Player is on the PS Store for those wondering. You can also find it by going into the TV & Video folder and going to the More Services tile at the bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1OvupaRYCM

It doesn't look like the 20th Anniversary accessories that came with the PS4 lottery. Those had the Playstation controller's face buttons all over the thumb pad. The picture could be bad here, but I just don't see any of it.
I don't think they would have made it identical, those were supposed to be limited and special.

It's funny how two of Sony's biggest announcements happens to be two of the most persistent rumors/April Fool's jokes. They can still top it by announcing actual Vita support.

The first Episode  of the Game of Throne is free for the PS4.  It's free for the XB1 and 360 as well if it hasn't been posted here already!

The one issue I have with the new media player is that it adheres to HDCP restrictions, which is dumb for videos on my own media server that I own. There's no reason for that to be the case.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/15/eitr-mother-russia-bleeds-and-more-coming-to-playstation/

More details on the Devolver Digital games that were shown. The sequel to Hatoful Boyfriend is among them.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/15/playstation-vue-expanding-hits-la-and-sf-today/

Some of PlayStation Vue's a la carte channels are going to be available nationwide in July and PS+ members get a discount on the monthly fees for those channels:

Fox Soccer Plus - $14.99 PSN - $12.99 PS+

Machinima - $3.99 PSN - $1.99 PS+

Showtime - $10.99 PSN - $8.99 PS+

Hitman is about to try becoming the most high profile episodic game to date, taking the scope and budget of a retail sequel into episodic delivery. Launches December 8th digitally for $60 and under the simple name Hitman, but the campaign contracts will be delivered over several months and tailored to certain key response factors from the players. PS4 gets the beta exclusively and some minor contract scenario DLC.

It takes place after Absolution so it isn't a reboot, but it is not particularly tied to Absolution and is putting classic Hitman elements from Blood Money first this time with a return to sandbox design.

Absolution spoiler in the article
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-hitman-revealed-at-e3-2015-comes-with-ps4-excl/1100-6428171/

So much for playing Destiny anytime soon.

CHmeSrEUwAAoSGE.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znn5zbuN2Po

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeSI2aj37MY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j8Wp-sx5K0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGfd1MwL-T4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL46dpNEPPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWotJ_-zgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f7NcIRgjxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53hL4MCc9PE

no Vita price drop :(

MS with the usual attack the holiday season and Sony with the usual try to get people to buy popular multiplats on their system. Typical conference except the TLG, ff7 and shenmue part. Also, lol at sony having the audacity to bring that old man on stage and beg for money like that. ole support a starving child

no Vita price drop :(

MS with the usual attack the holiday season and Sony with the usual try to get people to buy popular multiplats on their system. Typical conference except the TLG, ff7 and shenmue part. Also, lol at sony having the audacity to bring that old man on stage and beg for money like that. ole support a starving child
Yeah shame on them.

btw the game is already 75% on the way to its goal in just a few hours.

Not the place obviously but do my CAGs have any major E3 surprise predictions? I'm hoping for a mutant league football reboot. Or maybe The Last Guardian or MVP baseball will make a return.
Holy crap i didn't realize i needed a Mutant League Football remake until now... now i cant get it outa my head!

So much for playing Destiny anytime soon.

CHmeSrEUwAAoSGE.jpg
hmm does this mean theres no point in starting the game up now if you have no desire for the expansion thing? I got it around launch but didn't play it much. Only got a guardian up to about lvl 10. The total lack of matchmaking and poor comunication options just made it blea for me. I was thinking of giving it another shot

Did the sales end early? I was going to buy Sleeping Dogs but it's back to $40
Apparently, the PS4 sales have ended but some of the PS3 prices are still active. I just bought Sleeping Dogs Digital Edition and Just Cause 2 for $3.99 each. Kane and Lynch is still $3.99 too. To be honest, I already have both games on 360 but for $4 each, I just said what the hell. They're both really good games. I've never been that crazy about Kane and Lynch so I passed on it.

What exactly are you complaining about?
I think my comment came through wrong Frisky. I guess my point is that he (the developer) kept saying let's "make" Shenmue 3 - as in, the game isn't even truly started yet. So, I can't understand why that would even be relevant to this show. It could be a long time before it's an actual game. Full disclosure though, I fell yesterday and I was doped up on Motrin when I was watching so perhaps I misunderstood.

The one issue I have with the new media player is that it adheres to HDCP restrictions, which is dumb for videos on my own media server that I own. There's no reason for that to be the case.
I am not sure I am following. HDCP blocks sending the content to a non HDCP compliant video device if the flag is turned on. If you purchased a video from PSN or Amazon, I would suspect that they would have the HDCP flag turned on, but you can re-download it if you didn't rent it. If you rip your own video, I would be really surprised if you were turning on the HDCP flag for the ripped video.

I think my comment came through wrong Frisky. I guess my point is that he (the developer) kept saying let's "make" Shenmue 3 - as in, the game isn't even truly started yet. So, I can't understand why that would even be relevant to this show. It could be a long time before it's an actual game. Full disclosure though, I fell yesterday and I was doped up on Motrin when I was watching so perhaps I misunderstood.
part of it may be translation misinterpretation, as he not native English speaking but for me he saying he plan from day 1 too have the full game made but due too poor technology at the time, his game was too be a trilogy too tell the whole story.

due too the cost no one wanted too keep supporting his vision of the game, so the third was never made. now that kickstater is a option but require "are" support that why he saying he can make the third part only with are support, as most producer feel it too much of a risk when their many other options for games.

Am i the only one that thinks Shenmu is way overated? I give it a nod for being one of the first open world type games but it was very clunky and the story was rather uninteresting. I dont get where all the love comes from
If you didn't play it at the time I can see you thinking its overrated. For me as a teenager with a Dreamcast I pretty much loved every second of it and Shenmue II was my main reason for buying the original Xbox. In a world with Mass Effect and Skyrim its surely aged poorly, but it has a very compelling narrative that I (as well as quite a few people it seems) would like to see completed.

I love FFVII as much as the next guy but I tend to think that so much of the insanity over the remake isn't necessarily that its the best JRPG ever, but its about getting back the feeling of playing those games that defined a genre back in the day.

part of it may be translation misinterpretation, as he not native English speaking but for me he saying he plan from day 1 too have the full game made but due too poor technology at the time, his game was too be a trilogy too tell the whole story.

due too the cost no one wanted too keep supporting his vision of the game, so the third was never made. now that kickstater is a option but require "are" support that why he saying he can make the third part only with are support, as most producer feel it too much of a risk when their many other options for games.
Liking this post for the sentence in bold, since I had an easier time understanding Yu Suzuki during the presser.

Am i the only one that thinks Shenmu is way overated? I give it a nod for being one of the first open world type games but it was very clunky and the story was rather uninteresting. I dont get where all the love comes from
Of course not, but there are plenty of people that did enjoy it,

hmm does this mean theres no point in starting the game up now if you have no desire for the expansion thing? I got it around launch but didn't play it much. Only got a guardian up to about lvl 10. The total lack of matchmaking and poor comunication options just made it blea for me. I was thinking of giving it another shot
Seems like a weird bug where they have a new Super Deluxe Edition with the game and all three expansions that caused people with the original to get locked out of their game.

Adam was talking about Kickstarter in that segment and said they wanted to help them announce their Kickstarter. The pitch video has some early alpha footage.

I am not sure I am following. HDCP blocks sending the content to a non HDCP compliant video device if the flag is turned on. If you purchased a video from PSN or Amazon, I would suspect that they would have the HDCP flag turned on, but you can re-download it if you didn't rent it. If you rip your own video, I would be really surprised if you were turning on the HDCP flag for the ripped video.
It's the Media Player app that has HDCP turned on, not the videos. You can't use the app if it's off when there should be no such restriction for an app intending for your own videos.

You're not alone with that thinking. Shenmu was so good back in the day, because there was nothing else like it really. Since then we have Yakuza. I have high hope for Shenmu III, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm disappointed. Same with The Last Guardian. What I saw last night looked and feel like a game that is 18 years old, not 18 years in the making. I don't think I can stand yelling at that big, ugly rat-legged dog with wings for the entire game, since I could barely stand the 2-minute demo.

If these 2 sold more than 1 million copies each, I consider that a success and would be very happy for them.

You're not alone with that thinking. Shenmu was so good back in the day, because there was nothing else like it really. Since then we have Yakuza. I have high hope for Shenmu III, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm disappointed. Same with The Last Guardian. What I saw last night looked and feel like a game that is 18 years old, not 18 years in the making. I don't think I can stand yelling at that big, ugly rat-legged dog with wings for the entire game, since I could barely stand the 2-minute demo.

If these 2 sold more than 1 million copies each, I consider that a success and would be very happy for them.
I had a very similar reaction to the Last Guardian. For me, when they showed it at E3 originally, I think people went nuts because of what it was not so much what they saw. Now, so many years later, I think people went nuts again because they saw it again - as opposed to being excited for the content they saw.

I had a very similar reaction to the Last Guardian. For me, when they showed it at E3 originally, I think people went nuts because of what it was not so much what they saw. Now, so many years later, I think people went nuts again because they saw it again - as opposed to being excited for the content they saw.
I think that's their first reaction when they saw it again. Once they realized that it looks absolutely horrible, like a PS2 game from over a decade ago, and the slow, snail-pace and annoying gameplay (from what was shown) I think they will have second thoughts about The Last Guardian.

Best news of E3... of any E3 in the last decade... Shenmue 3.   This is the main game I've wanted and have waited 14 years for solid news with a real promise that it's coming.   It is my favorite game series of all time.  It's the game series that actually got to me on an emotional level more than any other (and I've rarely ever been emotionally invested in a game series).  Honestly yesterday was easily the best gaming news day I've had since Shenmue 2 made it to Europe and I was able to import my copy from NCSX.

It's already about to hit 2.5 million... so we get the Shenmue 1 & 2 short movies to go with the game.  Great stuff.  Too bad he doesn't have the rights to port Shenmue 1 & 2 themselves but I'm glad we are getting 3.  Hopefully this concludes the series in a satisfactory way.  Yu has to be impressed though in less than 1/2 a day to secure all the kickstarter base funding he wanted.  Not bad at all... probably a record for a game.

Was there any news of when Yakuza 5 will come out in the US?

I'm hoping for a good flash sale this weekend... but this Shenmue news has me pumped to play some Shenmue... so that may be where my attention goes for a while.

Just Cause 3 was delayed to December 1, but it has a new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggKKCyJXHOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7BvViADiwQ

I loved Battlezone on the Atari.  This could be interesting.  It's a perfect project for Morpheus.  Not to graphically intensive, or processing demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back