PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm Sega Genesis Collection to play on Vita is very tempting, I am generally a huge fan of collections. anyone say yay or nay on that? does it work well?
The emulation is so-so. There's also several video interviews included that they also used in the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection IIRC. As long as you're not expecting the highest level of quality you should easily get your $4 worth out of the 20+ games.

Hope its like $5, I've been wanting that.
I would assume $16-$20. Last time it was on sale which was just a few months ago, it only went to $20. I don't think it'll hit $10 so soon.

Shouldn't all new releases be up on the store by now? I noticed that Astebreed and Shantae are missing but were supposed to hit PSN today.
Speaking of Astebreed, I just beat it on PC(bought in summer sale). It was fun. Short, but that's to be expected of a shmup. Kind of easy but there's a harder difficulty I haven't tried yet. Visually it looks great. A big step up from Edelweiss' previous shmup. I liked the ending. Very light hearted anime-y characters.

[quote name="TheCochese" post="12764804" timestamp="1435093463"]I'm so confused.[/quote]Flash sales begin on Friday and end noon on the following Monday.

Sony mistakenly listed items for upcoming flash sales a bit too early. Their flash sales occur over the course of a weekend.
That's the answer I was looking for, thanks.

I'm trying to figure out what games belong to which sale. 8671-8672 is the Flash, right?

I didn't realize Suikoden III was coming out today.  I'm sure it's somewhere... just skimmed over it.  Not bad for $9.99

Also noticed 5 more free cars I hadn't grabbed for Driveclub.  I'm not buying it now but might as well get them.

Flash Sale:
Ahh! I'll buy it at a LOW price.

277230-merchant.jpg

I'm thinking Vita Sonic Sega and Yakuza 4.

Never played the latter...series.
Same here, trying to decide if it's worth it. Yakuza 4 looks cool but I've heard the narrative is a pretty big part of the experience and I don't have time to go back and play catch up with yet another series. I also have Sleeping Dogs in the backlog waiting to be played.

Same here, deciding whether it's worth it. Yakuza 4 looks cool but I've heard the narrative is a pretty big part of the experience and I don't have time to go back and play catch up with another series. I also have Sleeping Dogs waiting in the backlog.
I think the Yakuza games include a video recap of the previous games in the series to get you up to speed.

Pretty damn excited about this Sega sale and that I also added $20 to my account although I had no idea about the Sega sale at the time. I'm definitely buying Nights, Sega Bass Fishing and Sonic CD since I already had most of the others.

Yet the fault lies with Sony, not Evolution.
Not really. It was all because of network issues that have to do with Driveclub... it's nobody's fault, it wasn't anticipated, and it broke the network. They've been fixing it ever since.

I don't really think anyone is at fault, or to blame. The issues didn't show up during testing, only on launch when the full brunt of network traffic hit. It wasn't simply server load either, it had something to do with how Driveclub integrated all its 'interconnected' stuff.

Never understood why people thought we wouldn't get it... they made it clear we will, eventually, once they have everything resolved and are sure suddenly adding a couple million people won't break it again.

Just trying to decide on what to spend the last $40 on, driveclub and a few smaller titles, or bo3 season pass for $39.99 plus an avatar? I'm trying to find out if driveclub is a SIM or more of an arcade racer like split/second?

Do I need to play Suikoden I and II to understand what happens in Suikoden III?
From what I recall, Suiko III doesn't play much like the first two games. You get some sort of bonus/cameo if you have a Suiko II game save, but it's optional and certainly not that important.

Damn double post. How do we delete posts again?
Hide button.

Not really. It was all because of network issues that have to do with Driveclub... it's nobody's fault, it wasn't anticipated, and it broke the network. They've been fixing it ever since.

I don't really think anyone is at fault, or to blame. The issues didn't show up during testing, only on launch when the full brunt of network traffic hit. It wasn't simply server load either, it had something to do with how Driveclub integrated all its 'interconnected' stuff.

Never understood why people thought we wouldn't get it... they made it clear we will, eventually, once they have everything resolved and are sure suddenly adding a couple million people won't break it again.
Sony approved of its release, so they're more at fault as the publisher than the developers.

The people suggesting we'd get the full game instead of the PS+ edition don't seem to realize the servers would get the same hit either way.

Season pass DLC does works with Driveclub PS+ edition :shock: :whee: All the DLC is unlocked except Ignition and Photo-Finish, playing a race from Lamborghini Icons right now. 

Pretty happy about this since it originally wasn't supposed to work with the PS+ version. Can finally finish up this DLC for FREE!

[attachment=15270:CIOHUKCUMAAQ03X.jpg]

Season pass DLC does works with Driveclub PS+ edition :shock: :whee: All the DLC is unlocked except Ignition and Photo-Finish, playing a race from Lamborghini Icons right now.

Pretty happy about this since it originally wasn't supposed to work with the PS+ version. Can finally finish up this DLC for FREE!

attachicon.gif
CIOHUKCUMAAQ03X.jpg
Is Driveclub PS+ edition free? All i'm seeing is the $25 version.

I bought Daytona USA since nostalgia and the best sound track ever.  I also bought Jet Set Radio, for about the 5th time.  This time for Vita.  I actually think I'll play it this time.  I played it around original release on Dreamcast plenty but keep buying it elsewhere.  It seems like a perfect fit for Vita.  I also bought the genesis collection for PSP which is transferable to Vita.

Hooray!

Too bad there's no additional PS+ discounts anymore. The few games I'm interested in from the sale are just a little bit too far over my buy price, and a PS+ discount might have done it.

Here's hoping that flash sale comes through.

Will no one rid me of this bothersome genie? She's everywhere now and that's the friggen worst game in the mediocre series too. At least wait for Pirate's Curse.

attachicon.gif
CIOHUKCUMAAQ03X.jpg
You bought the season pass without owning the game? Without ever knowing if the PS+ version would ever come out, or work with it?

You bought the season pass without owning the game? Without ever knowing if the PS+ version would ever come out, or work with it?
No I bought the season pass months ago when I still had the disc version. Beat everything in the base game then sold it. I was going to rebuy the game one day so I can beat all the SP content but now I don't have to.

Some people picked up the physical copy and the DLC as well (was the DLC on sale?) and then sold the disk.
No I don't think it ever was, I got it when PSN had that 10% off purchase promo.

A good stage demo for No Man's Sky with Sean Murray talking a bit about what he would've done if the random planet he chose during the press conference had nothing on it and some of the faction stuff that is going on in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfFlk7BAtPM

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back