PSN, will it ever comeback? YES, so where is TMK?

Sorry Shadowcast, I closed voting.

There is a lot of people who voted, so the chance of winning is still there. No worries people, I will have a very elaborate way of presenting the winner and the good amount of people that cannont follow instructions.

Now, lets get the PSN back.

[quote name='technom22']Everyone who said that the PSN will come back later than May 8 have already lost... ;_;

It's coming back this week.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Saying it's coming back this week and having it actually come back this week are two totally different things.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I, IAmTheCheapestGamer, believe that the PSN will come back online on Dec 21, 2012![/QUOTE]but we will be dead that day.....;)

[quote name='KingBroly']Whenever Sony gives a timeframe they usually mean it.[/QUOTE]
Gran Turismo 5, LittleBigPlanet 2. Need I say more? ;)

[quote name='Rosterking']Gran Turismo 5, LittleBigPlanet 2. Need I say more? ;)[/QUOTE]

Those are developers doing. Just because they're in Sony's house doesn't mean they are Sony.

Okay so this week the PSN is to RETURN! This is great news!

If we allow "this week" to also include the weekend (may 2nd-8th) then that means 55 of us still have a chance at winning the prize.

But what does 55 mean? There is 10.9% chance that of the 55 people they had guess the correct date and that each of the 55 has a 1.8% chance of winning the prize.

However today is almost over and as the days go by, the chance only increases!

/edit: Remember this is for the USA REGION PSN.

[quote name='GTmaster39']JP is back up and running, hopefully it turns on for us before midnight.[/QUOTE]

its not i checked it again 30 minutes ago and nada. nvm someone in another post mentioned its working for the jap accounts in japan. guess the yanks and others need to keep waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta remember, it is May 3rd in Japan right now.

Looks like May 3rd to be the date, we'll see in the next 6-12 hours.

I chose May 3rd, but I was originally gonna put May 2nd. I don't wanna say that was my gut I was ignoring because I just realized I had my dates mixed up. At the time I thought May 2nd was Tuesday, not Monday. So I'm pretty confident in my May 3rd guess now.

Today is the 3rd, which most people voted for. The cut off is the west coast time zone, so we got roughly 12 hours to go.

Delay could be related to the recent discovery of SOE's hacked accounts. Though SOE and PSN aren't a single entity, resources now directed to improving security to both might be the cause of the delay for PSN's return this week.

[quote name='The Crotch']...

How did you de-capitalize my name, de-capitalize "May", and fuck up the caps on "BELIEVE"? It was a fucking quote, bro.[/QUOTE]

He typed it all out instead of hitting the quote button. People still do that, though I'm not sure why.

But... it even specifically links to my post, just like if he hit the quote button. Did he seriously look up my post number just to manually add it?

~ 05/05/11 BELIEVE

I actually picked the 4th, not the 3rd, so I'm still in the running! Though, I doubt the network will be back by tomorrow.

[quote name='sdragon']I actually picked the 4th, not the 3rd, so I'm still in the running! Though, I doubt the network will be back by tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

My mistake, it has been fixed.

1 more hour for May 3rd. We still have a chance!

Oh, who am I kidding. I'm just hoping that we actually DO get PSN back this week...

Bah, so much for being optimistic. Well here's hoping the PSN is up soon. At least my backlog is shrinking. Got through Front Mission Evolved, and most of Mortal Kombat(only a few challenge tower items left), and just started Brutal Legend. Good luck every one still in the running.

I doubt it will be anytime soon. For those not in the know Sony got hacked again, this time it being SOE (Sony Online Entertainment). I dont need to prove it either. A simple google search will turn it up.

[quote name='aeroforce325']I doubt it will be anytime soon. For those not in the know Sony got hacked again, this time it being SOE (Sony Online Entertainment). I dont need to prove it either. A simple google search will turn it up.[/QUOTE]

Not a second attack, just something they discovered while looking into the original attack.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/0...questions-about-the-recent-database-incurson/

Just something they found while looking at the original PSN attack. Basically "Oh shit, they got that shit too?"

[quote name='The Crotch']...

How did you de-capitalize my name, de-capitalize "May", and fuck up the caps on "BELIEVE"? It was a fucking quote, bro.[/QUOTE]
It did it by itself.I edited it after I typed it and it wouldn't capitalize. Oh and fuck You.

There goes May 4th. It's already Thursday in Japan, Sony. If you didn't get the memo, that's approaching dangerously close to the end of the week. Otherwise known as the "weekend."

So when does the new day start? 12:00 AM in New York/Eastern Pacific Time? It would be kind of funny if PSN came back online at 12:30 A.M. May 6th for New York, which would mean 9:30 P.M. May 5th in California.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']So when does the new day start? 12:00 AM in New York/Eastern Pacific Time? It would be kind of funny if PSN came back online at 12:30 A.M. May 6th for New York, which would mean 9:30 P.M. May 5th in California.[/QUOTE]

Pacific Standard Time

I'm starting to think Patrick Bateman is the CEO of Sony.
Killing all our hopes and dreams of online gaming for the shits and giggles...

Sony posted on the blog that they have reached the final stages of testing the PSN. But no way does that mean it gonna be up tonight. Tomorrow is the last day (keep in mind that Japan is ahead of us) that Sony can get the PSN up without breaking their "it'll be up this week" promise.

Do I think it'll be up tomorrow, tho? No.

i personally don't think they care or they would not have been drag it out this much, only reason their jumping now too try make it happen "soon" is because trying sweep it under the rug made it worse. so thier trying make it seem like they had this "planed fix" all along

bread's done
Back