PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played an Assassin's Creed since 1. Just couldn't get into it. Sometimes I pretend I'm going to try playing them again, and then I look at how many there are and how big my backlog is and just laugh.
If you want to jump in, just go straight to Black Flag or later. The main (pointless) arc of the out of animus story that began in 1 concluded in 3.

Maybe it was too much of the same too soon? I don't know.

I was having trouble finding Michelangelo place even though I had been there a few times before. Much later (like years) I saw a video of where I was stuck and was so obvious.
I'm of the contrary opinion, I played 2 first and then 1 a few years later and the core combat seemed mostly the same and they added some mini-game type things in 2. I liked the story better in 1 (in and out of the animus), but both were a little lacking in combat variety. A lot of people skipped straight to 2 so it was their first AC game and thus are more likely to think its the best.

So since Hypedimension Neptunia Rebirth1 was on sale for $6 a bunch of times, I'm going to wait on 2 until I play some of 1 as i imagine that sale price will come back again.

Echo Night had me intrigued, but then when i saw it was made by From Software and it's only $1.50 I think I will pick that up to toss into backlog.

Any reason not to pick up Hot Shots Golf World Invitational for $3.38? Reviews mostly seemed positive.

Also I figure I'll pick up Tales from the Borderlands unless the PS3 version runs awfully. Anyone play it on PS3?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never really paid attention to it before, but Ark Survival Evolved looks pretty cool. Coming to PS4 and PS VR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23LgYxKKjFk

One of the first games I got besides SMB on NES was the great game Rygar. The music on this game is damn good I was hooked.

http://youtu.be/UCkTZoDbnTw
Man, that ending disappointed. But everything else in that game ruled. One of my all time faves.

Oh one other thing about Revengeance, the last boss is a bag of bullshit. Only thing that soured me a little on the game.
I couldn't stand Raiden. He's such a whiny bitch. I didn't like him in MGS2 either when I played that later on.

Samuel Rodrigues was an awesome badass, though.

If you want to jump in, just go straight to Black Flag or later. The main (pointless) arc of the out of animus story that began in 1 concluded in 3.
The out of animus story was what motivated me to play the game, strangely enough. It's painfully apparent that the people who came up with the concept of the series bailed by/after the 2nd game.

Oh well, worse things have happened in the world.

Somebody on Reddit just posted that they got this:

onXvDkK.jpg

That's over a week early. Wonder where he got it.  :whistle2:k

[quote name="Thermopyle" post="13101002" timestamp="1450137876"]Galavant s1 is free on iTunes right now so you should buy it if you're into fun medieval musicals. S2 starts in a few weeks.[/quote]

Never heard of it but I grabbed it. Might as well for free. Thanks.

Main forum getting assaulted with junk threads. Kinda funny.

Edit: Party over. That was faster than I was expecting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't stand Raiden. He's such a whiny bitch. I didn't like him in MGS2 either when I played that later on.

Samuel Rodrigues was an awesome badass, though.
Nobody likes Raiden I don't think. What is there to like?
You guys are weird. Raiden doesn't whine in MGR and he's a freaking badass in it.

Then again, you both hated or really didn't like MGS2, so I'm not that surprised.

I see this ad all the time watching MNF on WatchESPN, not sure if it's local to Houston or not but the BARBARA HONK HONK WE WOOOOOOON HONK HONK cracks me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wepUW9dyecc

MGS:R The parry works fine its just a little different than most games. If I remember correctly you have to move the stick in the direction of the attack as well as push a button. Once I got it down I did feel like a badass.

Radien was ok in this game but MGS2 is still the worst Metal Gear by far.

Giants are so bad, they had 11 guys on the field on that punt return and one of them ran off thinking he was the 12th.  Jesus fucking christ.

Watching Attack of the Clones tonight.  Most painful part of the Star Wars saga.

Tomorrow is Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, then Wednesday night is Empire and Return of the Jedi.

But... the Phantom Menace.
Watched that last night. I still think that while it had some very crappy parts (Jar Jar, too much time on Tatooine, etc) the ending fights were pretty good and the pod race was also fun to watch. Attack of the Clones is just...not good except for the last 30 minutes or so.

I wanted to pick up a book on cider making for a friend's Christmas present but some of them seem a little too involved (like info on how and what trees to grow). Anyone have recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back