PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never realized how legit a mighty kids meal was. Its like $4 for 6 nuggets, small fry, apple slices, a small drink, and a toy. I'm not one of those dudes who needs copious amounts of food to be full, I definitely can have a mighty kids meal as a full meal and be content. As long as they don't forget the fucking fries like they did last time! Assholes! I should have got someone fired!
That would never fill me. I can eat two large fries and 3 cheeseburgers easy.

Also not a fan of apples. Pears all day err day.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the price of used cars higher don't you just get screwed when buying out the lease? It is a used car and has a higher value then in the past.
for me it's the rolling the lease that's great. I pay $5k/year but I get a new car every other year until I decide to stop. but the advantage if you do decide to buy it out is that you know exactly how the car was treated (and how it has behaved since it was new). ultimately you pay a premium for that, but it could be worth it for anyone that's been burned by used cars before. Like I know my van's automatic side doors don't work when it's cold outside first thing in the morning. I would never have known that if I just bought it off a lot.

An executive a few levels up on the product side decided to stop by today out of the blue.  And since it is review season no conference rooms were available so we had to make due in my "office" which is really just a cube.  At least its big enough to fit 4 people comfortably, but thats about it.  He had no idea what he was asking or how processes worked.  Which is to be expected from someone completely outside of the operation.  He seemed nice enough though.  One thing I noticed is that all these higher ups in Sales and Product are tall.  Its true what they say about people with height, they seem to demand more respect and power from the rest of us.

for me it's the rolling the lease that's great. I pay $5k/year but I get a new car every other year until I decide to stop. but the advantage if you do decide to buy it out is that you know exactly how the car was treated (and how it has behaved since it was new). ultimately you pay a premium for that, but it could be worth it for anyone that's been burned by used cars before. Like I know my van's automatic side doors don't work when it's cold outside first thing in the morning. I would never have known that if I just bought it off a lot.
And you pay a decent premium to know that the door on your mini van sticks when it is cold out. I found out Sunday my passenger door no longer opens. Didn't cost me anything extra (till I get it fixed I guess).

Not trying to convince anyone to buy vs lease but was questioning leasing a car since it is supposedly cheaper then buying a good used one only to run up the miles on the lease and buy it out then (as a used car which supposedly has higher resale rate now then ever). Additionally used car loans are usually 3% or 4% higher then new anyway.

You end up paying for a used car at some point. Either now or in a few years when the lease is up. Or you pay the overages and turn it in.

Gator, has it been chatty enough in here for you? It doesnt feel like it...
I got roped in to an interview this morning so I haven't been able to keep gator entertained. I hate interviewing people, but it really helps having gone through the process so many damn times that I have a pretty reliable arsenal of material now. It's frustrating to interview people who will be taking my job though since I just want to cut off anyone who fails to at least have a reasonable discussion about a question I ask. Or people that overvalue themselves with no thought of being humble or realistic. If you rate yourself a 9 out of 10 on a subject, you damn well better be able to answer anything I throw at you! It's an interview for crying out loud, I'll check.

I got roped in to an interview this morning so I haven't been able to keep gator entertained. I hate interviewing people, but it really helps having gone through the process so many damn times that I have a pretty reliable arsenal of material now. It's frustrating to interview people who will be taking my job though since I just want to cut off anyone who fails to at least have a reasonable discussion about a question I ask. Or people that overvalue themselves with no thought of being humble or realistic. If you rate yourself a 9 out of 10 on a subject, you damn well better be able to answer anything I throw at you! It's an interview for crying out loud, I'll check.
I hope you ask them how they feel about Vitas in the workplace. Then slap them if they don't know what a Vita is.

Buying a car and keeping it 10 plus years will always be the most economical way to do it but if you want a new car every few years leasing is a good option.  At the end of the day you have to figure out what you want and what you can afford and stick to it.

According to Nikkei, Kojima left Konami today and started his own company: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/15/hideo-kojima-reportedly-set-to-open-a-new-studio-as-he-officially-exits-konami?abthid=56705899a16bfe7853000012

I look forward to their first game, especially since they're in talks with Sony "to develop for Playstation platforms". :whee:
To clarify, the Sony talks are apparently of the timed-exclusivity variety and the new company will release their games on other platforms later: http://twitter.com/JunkerHQnet/status/676829752037089282

I'm not sure who JunkerHQ is, but that tweet was in the comments section of this site's article on Kojima's departure.

There is one thing that will cause me to be sure someone does not get hired if I interview them. If they never say some form of, "I don't know" then I know I have no interest in working with them. You can not possibly know everything. Trying to appear that you know everything means you will majorly fuck something up at some point.

And you pay a decent premium to know that the door on your mini van sticks when it is cold out. I found out Sunday my passenger door no longer opens. Didn't cost me anything extra (till I get it fixed I guess).

Not trying to convince anyone to buy vs lease but was questioning leasing a car since it is supposedly cheaper then buying a good used one only to run up the miles on the lease and buy it out then (as a used car which supposedly has higher resale rate now then ever). Additionally used car loans are usually 3% or 4% higher then new anyway.

You end up paying for a used car at some point. Either now or in a few years when the lease is up. Or you pay the overages and turn it in.
nah, I don't think you're wrong and it's not for everyone. but I'll go swap my 2014 for a 2016 this week and hopefully the doors on those don't stick (but only my nutbucket kids have to deal with the doors so who cares). maybe we'll swap again in 2017 or maybe we won't need a van anymore or maybe used car prices will turn around. as it stands I get to stay in shiny new family cars with virtually no maintenance for a reasonable price until I decide not to and then I give it back or I don't and I take the used car slap. it's pretty fun even if it isn't the most fiscally smart thing (although pro-tip: try finding a used car that can fit 4 car seats) and I enjoy the lack of ownership and long-term responsibility.

I have actually been pretty busy today, so I haven't needed the thread to keep me from boredom like a lot of other days.
You mean we've been doing all this posting for nothing????

eIRFsjX4LULXa.gif

nah, I don't think you're wrong and it's not for everyone. but I'll go swap my 2014 for a 2016 this week and hopefully the doors on those don't stick (but only my nutbucket kids have to deal with the doors so who cares). maybe we'll swap again in 2017 or maybe we won't need a van anymore or maybe used car prices will turn around. as it stands I get to stay in shiny new family cars with virtually no maintenance for a reasonable price until I decide not to and then I give it back or I don't and I take the used car slap. it's pretty fun even if it isn't the most fiscally smart thing (although pro-tip: try finding a used car that can fit 4 car seats) and I enjoy the lack of ownership and long-term responsibility.
Yeah when I was younger I leased a car and then bought it. My current car was expensive new at the time but it is 11 years old and runs pretty strong. Really need to get the damn door open and the half shaft replaced so I don't get stuck somewhere.

My wife's car is a year newer and has some rust and runs a bit rough (mostly just at idle) and the check engine light is on. But it passed inspection (light was reset and was off for like 54 miles). Not sure what it will cost us to get the stupid thing straightened out or if we will bother with the rust issues. Mostly cosmetic (and mostly not even visible) Might spend the money to get it fixed or might be time for 1 new car sometime next year.

I think this Xbox Rewards grab bag is going to be a shit show whenever it goes live.  The website is already slow as hell and it's not live yet.

I'm looking for a van and would probably go the lease route since as mild has said, it's really tough to find a van used that's in decent shape. Problem is the ex has wrecked my credit.

Yeah I have decided that as long as I can afford it I will always buy new from now on.  Or lease a new car if thats what I want to do at that time.   The price being too close to new is one thing but I just cant trust anyone's old car.  Too many people dont know how to take care of shit.  Too many problems can be hidden, but whats worse is that even then you can see tons of nasty shit in used car interiors.  Even after a dealership cleans them out.

Oh and I am sure I mentioned this before but I still have the new car smell from the manufacturer and my car is 3 and a half years old.  #keepingitclean  #lovethatsmell #evenifitmightbebadforme

I would have agreed with this before buying a couple of years ago and finding that all the decent used cars were barely less expensive than their new counterparts. Still run them into the ground, but new is fine too.
Depends on what used car you are buying. Last one we bought was a 14 Acura RDX. Was a loaner vehicle for the dealership and had like 10k miles on it. Was a few thousand less than a brand new one. However, certified used Acuras get a 100k power train warranty where as a brand new one is 60k. Also does bumper to bumper to 60k which is more than the 20 or 30k bumper to bumper news have. So saved a few grand and got more warranty provided by getting it used.

Yeah I have decided that as long as I can afford it I will always buy new from now on. Or lease a new car if thats what I want to do at that time. The price being too close to new is one thing but I just cant trust anyone's old car. Too many people dont know how to take care of shit. Too many problems can be hidden, but whats worse is that even then you can see tons of nasty shit in used car interiors. Even after a dealership cleans them out.

Oh and I am sure I mentioned this before but I still have the new car smell from the manufacturer and my car is 3 and a half years old. #keepingitclean #lovethatsmell #evenifitmightbebadforme
Why im gonna try and go the dealer loaner route, at least for any luxury brand car. Usually sell them with 10kish miles, know it was maintained properly, and usually they sell them as certified used which gives you longer warranty from manufacturer.

Not too sure about this new Kojima company. If the rumors are true and he got fired due to poor project management skill then this probably won't help. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/what-to-play/farewell-sausage-kojima-leaving-konami-is-a-good-thing/

“The main reason for the falling out, at least in her opinion, is that Kojima gets paid a salary, and doesn't make any profit share on the game. He gets paid a certain amount no matter what, and he was spending so much money and delaying the project, and adding all these features and making sure the game was the biggest and best thing it could be, and Konami was unhappy with that because [delaying] has no effect on him. He was spending the budget on this and that and upgrading the Fox Engine and then delaying further because the engine wasn't ready, and Konami wasn't happy with that because he gets his salary and he takes a more traditional "Japanese man" approach by not taking a profit share. So in doing that, he gets a little more than a game creator would but doesn't take bonuses from the game selling well…

“In her eyes, Kojima's a fantastic creator, and probably the best creator of his time, but he doesn't have a strong business sense like Konami would like him to have. Where instead of, for example, cutting corners by lowering foliage resolution, he wants to make sure everything looks as good and polished as possible. She said they paid for her to write 30-40 songs that ended up not being used, and he'd tell her to write another one, then another one, then another one, because he settles for what he likes and has a good mind for what people want to see and what people want to hear…”

Why im gonna try and go the dealer loaner route, at least for any luxury brand car. Usually sell them with 10kish miles, know it was maintained properly, and usually they sell them as certified used which gives you longer warranty from manufacturer.
My brother used to beat the piss out of the loaners. That would be my only concern. But with the 100K drivetrain warranty I guess it isn't that big a deal.

If you want to spend that much on a car thats a good plan. I love those cars but decided a while ago I am happy with a nice $25K car. In that price range it makes more sense for me just to get the new car. Again this is all relative. There could be a great deal at the time I want my next car and it may be a lease or something. Every deal is different.

There is no worth while single player DLC that wasn't already included with the Remastered Last of Us correct?
Correct. Remastered includes Left Behind which is the only story DLC and the Grounded difficulty mode. There are some additional DLC for weapons and perks but everything else is included.

Not too sure about this new Kojima company. If the rumors are true and he got fired due to poor project management skill then this probably won't help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/what-to-play/farewell-sausage-kojima-leaving-konami-is-a-good-thing/

“The main reason for the falling out, at least in her opinion, is that Kojima gets paid a salary, and doesn't make any profit share on the game. He gets paid a certain amount no matter what, and he was spending so much money and delaying the project, and adding all these features and making sure the game was the biggest and best thing it could be, and Konami was unhappy with that because [delaying] has no effect on him. He was spending the budget on this and that and upgrading the Fox Engine and then delaying further because the engine wasn't ready, and Konami wasn't happy with that because he gets his salary and he takes a more traditional "Japanese man" approach by not taking a profit share. So in doing that, he gets a little more than a game creator would but doesn't take bonuses from the game selling well…

“In her eyes, Kojima's a fantastic creator, and probably the best creator of his time, but he doesn't have a strong business sense like Konami would like him to have. Where instead of, for example, cutting corners by lowering foliage resolution, he wants to make sure everything looks as good and polished as possible. She said they paid for her to write 30-40 songs that ended up not being used, and he'd tell her to write another one, then another one, then another one, because he settles for what he likes and has a good mind for what people want to see and what people want to hear…”
blah_blah_blah.gif

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late at $10 seems decent. Lowest previous price was $23.99. ~25 hour plat which is super low for a fighting game. No online trophies but to play one online map and then watch the replay. Tempting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_msqDthfjp0

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back