PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
6.4 million PS4s sold for the quarter that ended Dec 31. Xbox One and Xbox 360 combined did 6.6 million.

Sony as a company actually posted a net profit for the quarter as well, though they are still expecting a net loss for the fiscal year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/04/strong-playstation-4-sales-boost-sony-profit
Is there a reason why Xbox 360 and Xbox One are combined but not PS3 and PS4? Or, rather, why are 360 and One combined in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a reason why Xbox 360 and Xbox One are combined but not PS3 and PS4? Or, rather, why are 360 and One combined in the first place?
Because Xbox one sales must be lower than PS4 sales that quarter so they combined them with Xbox 360 sales so that their numbers would be larger, probably.

I am sure Tyler will correct me if I am wrong, but since they have gotten beaten every quarter they have always released it like that to make the numbers look better. Justification is likely that it is the console division numbers overall so they report it like that.

Plus, if the same as it has been, I assume that is sold to retailers, not to consumers. Sony usually releases actual sold units, not shipped.

It's like one of those Fox News graphs where the difference is super tiny so they zoom in to make it bigger. Gotta love manipulation of information.

I'm sure Tyler can give us some numbers on how often statistics are misrepresented.

Vig you see the newer duplicate items glitch in dying light?  You can even duplicate air drops to get the airdrop trophy and the max survivor trophy..

I guess you use the store items bag and it has to do with duplicating off of lock picks.

Vig you see the newer duplicate items glitch in dying light? You can even duplicate air drops to get the airdrop trophy and the max survivor trophy..

I guess you use the store items bag and it has to do with duplicating off of lock picks.
Is that really a newer glitch? I remember hearing about that one last week, though I don't really feel motivated to try to do it. I'm satisfied with my 30+ Korek Cleavers until I find stronger weapons, and I like going for the airdrops myself--if there are any humans there already who claimed the first drop, I aim my Police Rifle at them while I claim the other drop then leave without starting a fight. It feels awesome every time.

Because Microsoft.

It's just PR spin, something Microsoft is notorious for. They actually just started combining the totals (without sharing separate ones) in April of 2014. Like others have said, you could certainly speculate that they're not interested in sharing their total sales numbers since they are in 2nd place. Especially since during the 360 era the company sure loved announcing their monthly NPD successes.

That's not a cro thing. It's a cro thing to brag about how hard games are super easy for you. Like Demon Souls and Dark Souls.
I wouldn't necessarily call the Souls games difficult. They force you to play cautiously. If you played Uncharted as something other than a cover shooter, and attempted to melee every enemy you saw, you'd never progress past the first wave of enemies in an arena-like area.

ninja'd

From the article if you include sony ps3 numbers they would be at 7.5 million combined, still more than MS combined numbers.

Any way you look at the figures, sony's gaming division is doing great. 

i-XrS6Z5h-1050x10000.jpg
My threats should be taken very seriously.

Several people here preordered the Majora's Mask 3D LE, but just in case not everyone plans on selling it, here are the Destructoid and IGN reviews.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-the-legend-of-zelda-majora-s-mask-3d-286268.phtml

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/04/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-3d-review
Well that's genuinely surprising. They must be trying to be too cool for the game and Polygoning it.

Plus, if the same as it has been, I assume that is sold to retailers, not to consumers. Sony usually releases actual sold units, not shipped.
You're right that the recent trend has been for MS to share "Sold to retailer" numbers and Sony has been sharing "Sold to consumer" numbers, but the PS4 6.4 million number is a "Sold to retailer" number. Sony didn't really share it via announcement, the number is just taken from their quarterly reports.

And it puts PS4 at 19.9 million shipped units since launch through December 2014. Impressive number.

I thought Sony was always bashed for posting shipped and not sold through numbers as well? I thought all game companies did this...no?
That is how it was last generation when Xbox 360 was winning everything. Tides turned and so did both companies PR strategies. When your "sold" number is higher than the competition's "shipped" number, you're gonna flaunt it.

He has to mean a PR release.  PR releases mean nothing other than what the company wants to say.  The quarterly reports will show the shipped to retailer number like Tyler already said.

Are things like Irish Car Bombs okay? Or are all shot names no good?
No that doesn't bother me at all. I'm guessing it stems from my distaste for comedy that is crude for the sake of being crude.

I'm also not a big fan of super obscure shot names that only one person knows and then has a weird air of superiority because he knew what it was and nobody else did.

But normal traditional shot names are fine. Obscure non-sexual ones are fine too as long as when you ask "what is that?" the person doesn't act like a d-bag that you don't know.

So nobody checked out Apotheon yet? I posted my initial "it's okay" feedback yesterday but am surprised nobody else mentioned it. People are too busy with Rogue Legacy, I suppose (though shame on all of you for not buying it awhile ago, it's awesome). 

So nobody checked out Apotheon yet? I posted my initial "it's okay" feedback yesterday but am surprised nobody else mentioned it. People are too busy with Rogue Legacy, I suppose (though shame on all of you for not buying it awhile ago, it's awesome).
I might play it tonight but I also want to try streaming something from my PS3 so we'll see.

Well I haven't played enough of it to form a solid opinion on it but so far so good. Don't have time to play it right now since I'm trying to focus on my 4 games of February.

Transister really blew me away in the opening scene so that might be the first game I'll be finishing this month.

Like Pancakes said, I'm focusing on my 4-for-February list. I definitely want to start Apotheon, though.

Yeah, I'm not doing this 4 for February thing but I've got my own set of stuff I'm intending to wrap up before checking Apotheon out much more. Should beat REmake today. Only got a few levels left in Aqua Kitty, though I might shoot for some of the trophies since it is a pretty addictive game. I'm a little more than halfway through Shadow Warrior...

Back to my original point, the bit of Apotheon I played made it seem like a perfectly okay game, but I don't know that I like the combat and the limited color palette was kind of a drag. I'll check it out again at some point, but I'm not really itching to do so.

Thinking of Jimmy Johns tonight for dinner.  I know the #9 is the silver medal P SNOT sandwich but what about the JJ Gargantuan?

Thinking of Jimmy Johns tonight for dinner. I know the #9 is the silver medal P SNOT sandwich but what about the JJ Gargantuan?
Never tried it. Sounds good to me except for the roast beef and mayo. I just don't like mixing roast beef with all those other meats for some reason. The flavor is so different from other cold cuts or something, idk.

EDIT: And it would need hot peppers too.

I wouldn't necessarily call the Souls games difficult. They force you to play cautiously. If you played Uncharted as something other than a cover shooter, and attempted to melee every enemy you saw, you'd never progress past the first wave of enemies in an arena-like area.

ninja'd
They are pretty hard at the beginning, not only because you can't win by button mashing (well, unless you picked Royal as starting class), but you are pretty underpowered at the start. In the case of Demon's Souls you can't even do any level grinding until you have beaten the first boss. It's tough in the very beginning, gets easier in the middle as you get a boost from upgrading weapon damage with ore, and then gets tougher again once you reach the last or 2nd to last boss of each world (Flamelurker, Maneater, Allant, etc.) A lot of people just quit at that initial hump.

Same thing happened at the start of Dark Souls, you have a weak weapon and no access to ore to upgrade it for the first bit of the game so killing enemies takes a lot of slashes and thus you are more likely to make a mistake and be cut down by them.

Jimmy John's opened up by my work and they brought in some free sandwiches. Never had em so I tried one. It was swimming in mayo. Now I know why everyone always says no mayo. It was like taking out a jar o mayo and eating a spoonful. Nasty. 

Never tried it. Sounds good to me except for the roast beef and mayo. I just don't like mixing roast beef with all those other meats for some reason. The flavor is so different from other cold cuts or something, idk.

EDIT: And it would need hot peppers too.
I see they tell you on the menu to ask for hot peppers if you want them. I will ask for extra mayo instead. Just for you.

EDIT: Although I am tempted to go to Hooters instead tonight. Just cause.

Iv been playing Rogue Legacy nonstop. omg. I have other things I should be doing, but damn this is so fun.

I texted tehcro last night that I just keep dieing and he told me thats the point and that he had beat 2 bosses. lol :)

going to stream some killallzombies for a little bit. want to see what the twitch interactions do.

ha, it automatically puts "braaaaains" as the room title.

http://www.twitch. tv/derektheextreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back