PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
swagmovinonup.gif

Late nights playing GTA are going to be the death of me.  I feel like a zombie today.

It was fun until everyone other than us left the game.  Of course, the one guy only left after we chased him pretty much across the entire map.  He should have tried to kill us since I think we all had a bounty on each other at that point.  Good times.

Oh, and every post you make will log you out of CAG and give you a redirect to the MS store with the referral proceeds going straight to Shipwreck's pocket.

Oh my God.  Some vendors are just horrible.  This one vendor we use (for now) still havent sent out monthly statements for December for our clients on a specific product.  Because they fuck ed up some dividend transactions.  We found an issue this morning on their website which external clients can also see.  There is a banner message that mentions a conference from 2010!  I email the contact a couple times and he tells me "I will address this issue further after I have completed the statement run and the div.  If it should be moved up in priority, let me know."

He knows the statements are number 1 priority since, uh, there are federal laws/regs around it.  Its his companies fuck up and he acts like he can only get to things on his own schedule.  Dont act like your doing me a favor here. God they suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my God. Some vendors are just horrible. This one vendor we use (for now) still havent sent out monthly statements for December for our clients on a specific product. Because they fuck ed up some dividend transactions. We found an issue this morning on their website which external clients can also see. There is a banner message that mentions a conference from 2010! I email the contact a couple times and he tells me "I will address this issue further after I have completed the statement run and the div. If it should be moved up in priority, let me know."

He knows the statements are number 1 priority since, uh, there are federal laws/regs around it. Its his companies fuck up and he acts like he can only get to things on his own schedule. Dont act like your doing me a favor here. God they suck.
What is happening in this post? Is this like the novelization of a Dilbert comic strip?

What is happening in this post? Is this like the novelization of a Dilbert comic strip?
Sorry, I just had to ramble on about it here after I saw Gator mention work and I was dealing with this issue at the same time. It wont make much sense to you all, but just know I have to deal with asshats at work all the time and this specific vendor is the worst.

Big Hero 6 is coming to LBP3:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/13/littlebigplanet-3-sackboy-meets-the-big-hero-6/#sf6893077

Still need to watch that. Looks fun. And play LBP3 I guess...anybody play it yet? I've never played a LBP game, but have 2 and Karting from PS+. Not sure if they're worth playing or not.
LBP3 is a buggy mess and really needs to be updated. The gameplay is comical when playing local co-op so the bugs just make it more over the top I guess if you choose to look on the bright side of life. People complained that the campaign was too short but I thought it was ok. Unlike previous entries, the create and share trophies are much easier to get so this should be a fairly easy plat if you enjoy platformers. Good game to pick up and play with your SO.

I'd fire up LBP2 and give it a try while you wait for a sale/bugfixes on LBP3. Karting was also fun, but not as good as LBP2.

I'd fire up LBP2 and give it a try while you wait for a sale/bugfixes on LBP3. Karting was also fun, but not as good as LBP2.
I actually got LBP3 with the PS4. I wasn't particularly interested in any of the Pick One games (FC4, Destiny, LBP3, and NBA2K15) but the wife thought LBP3 looked fun from what she saw during E3.

Good to know about the bugs since she's not much of a gamer and running into that stuff would probably turn her off to it pretty quickly.

That real life AC vid was a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be. The end of Sly 2 sucked donkey nuts so don't feel bad. I had a hard as time in the part where you have to jump from one floating debris to another. Hated that shit. I spent way more time on it then made sense. 

Gah. 6 stages left in Lego Batman 3 and my damn battery dies.

Fun game despite the tedious character/costume switching bullshit. That and the artificial way the game prevents you from getting a lot of stuff during the initial play through by locking collectibles behind character/costume gates.

So the non-3DS/Vita versions don't have hubs, is that right? How does the level navigation aspect work in those? Thinking about hitting up Lego Marvel or Hobbit on PS4. Might be a good game to play with the wife. She likes co-op but isn't much of a gamer, so she's pretty much restricted to easy stuff.
Hate to break it to you, but every Lego game follows the same formula of "lots of shit is locked on your first playthrough and only accessible when you replay it via free play with multiple different characters you've since unlocked". Every single one.

In the console games with hubs, they direct you towards a location in the city/hub where the level starts. Sometimes you have to do some fancy Lego building to get the level open too.

Games are still fun though. My kid especially likes using tons of different characters in the levels via free play.

So what's an example of a bug in LBP3? I just want some idea of what the issues are.
If you try to play with anyone online be prepared for it to possibly take as long as 30 minutes to get it to connect without kicking one of you.

Once you are in, be prepared for it to have such lag you will suddenly see a player seemingly teleport across the screen.

If you are even playing local co-op the lag can do the above too. It is just magnified online. It is bad enough to cause you to fail quite often on some of the tougher levels. Many of those are design so that if one player dies and respawns the other may end up automatically dying. You get in a loop that wouldn't end until you run out of spawns at the last gong you passed.

I looked at the trophy list for TLoU:R since I want to play the game soon. Doesn't look bad with the exception of the MP component. How long does that nonsense take? 

Hate to break it to you, but every Lego game follows the same formula of "lots of shit is locked on your first playthrough and only accessible when you replay it via free play with multiple different characters you've since unlocked". Every single one.
That's not too bad. It's the constant switching requirement that gets more on my nerves. Switch character, switch costume, switch back to another character, etc.. Though if I were playing MP that wouldn't be as big an issue, I suppose.

So a Nintendo direct tomorrow? Wow do you think they really say "Guess what!?" That 3DS you bought over the holidays is now obsolete, buy our new one? Lolz. Hopefully they announce a new 3DS Metroid and Starfox and Zelda and Castlevania and 3D Mario and....oh wait it's 2015, we'll get nintendogs v7. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back