PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS talk aside, how about them finally releasing Wii games for download on Wii U? This doesn't get my particularly excited since I already own pretty much every Wii game I want already and am trying to avoid getting an external HD, but the fact that you will be able to download Metroid Prime for $10 is pretty great (though that is a sale price and it seems like Wii games will regularly be $20.. another fail).
No trophies. FAIL.

Last edited by a moderator:
This indie developer that started following me on Twitter had a nice little dig this morning:

https://twitter.com/dum_ditty_dum/status/555385886435971073
AHA! So they took away the power cord so they could add a stick! They really arent saving the environment! Dammit. those sneaky Japanese.

So...is the best buy website borked for anyone else right now?
H2qX4yj.gif

3DS talk aside, how about them finally releasing Wii games for download on Wii U? This doesn't get my particularly excited since I already own pretty much every Wii game I want already and am trying to avoid getting an external HD, but the fact that you will be able to download Metroid Prime for $10 is pretty great (though that is a sale price and it seems like Wii games will regularly be $20.. another fail).
Definitely glad they've started this. I'm probably going to pick up the Metroid Prime games since I've never played through them. Stupid that the price for them will be $20 regularly though.

Hey guys.  I am selling a new console.  You have to buy the buttons separately.  And a special adaptor that connects to the console in order to play games.

Assuming wren wants to play GTA Online tonight so I can help him with a couple of trophies (mugging and bounty), I would like to offer to help anyone else with those tonight that might want them as well at the same time.

The bounty one takes 45 minutes of real time and the clock pauses when doing any sort of mission.  I am fine with helping anyone get that, but I do not want to have to spend 45 minutes doing nothing multiple times.  The mugging one is really quick.

Hopefully we can get a group of at least 4.  That way we can get the couple of modes that need 4 players out of the way (Team Deathmatch and Rally wins).  The rally one has a trophy directly tied to it, and the wins will help everyone toward the win all game type trophy as well as a platinum award that will help everyone towards the 30 plat awards who does not have it.

Zimm, how're you liking SoT?
Barely played it last night, just far enough to grab the dagger and make it out to see the ensuing cut-scene. Controls took a little getting used to. Kept trying to push jump to run up the walls instead of R1. Some of the camera switches in the middle of platforming can be jarring. But I think I'll have fun with it. Combat seems a little Ass Creed like (not a good or bad thing). I'm looking forward to playing more of it when it's not later than it should be because I got sucked into playing awesome Jack Party Box games with Cleaner.

Assuming wren wants to play GTA Online tonight so I can help him with a couple of trophies (mugging and bounty), I would like to offer to help anyone else with those tonight that might want them as well at the same time.

The bounty one takes 45 minutes of real time and the clock pauses when doing any sort of mission. I am fine with helping anyone get that, but I do not want to have to spend 45 minutes doing nothing multiple times. The mugging one is really quick.

Hopefully we can get a group of at least 4. That way we can get the couple of modes that need 4 players out of the way (Team Deathmatch and Rally wins). The rally one has a trophy directly tied to it, and the wins will help everyone toward the win all game type trophy as well as a platinum award that will help everyone towards the 30 plat awards who does not have it.
I am down for that as well.

On PS3 probably the only game's I've played more than 100 hours are the Souls games as it's always those that fit in the RPGish category that stuff the game with lots of content / grinding. One thing I loved about Dark Souls 2 that wasn't in Demon's or Dark Souls 1 is a limited amount of items that let you completely respec your skill allocation. So rather than making one character that is a STR build and another one that is a mage, or another one that is a backstabing rogue, etc. you can just respec during one of your NG+ playthroughs to try out another playstyle.

Maybe Burnout Paradise as well, I don't know I'd probably have to check the save file, I did play that a LOT when I first got my PS3.

I asked the relevant questions in the blog announcement:

• Any idea on price?
  • What kind of game length are we talking about, and what’s the replay potential?
  • Will there be a plat?
  • When will it be released?
We'll see if they answer any of those.

That reminds me that Frankie Muniz (Malcolm in the Middle) quit acting to become a racecar driver. At one point he was in the news for hitting his fiancee and holding a gun to his head. Now he's a drummer for some band.
He had two mini-strokes at 27 as well.

any device powered by an internal battery not having a charger included is stupid. i don't care if every device in the world uses the same charger. i shouldn't have to buy an extra charger to use a device i just paid 100s of dollars for. also, wth does vita onboard memory have to do with devices not having a charger?
I'm not defending either from a consumer's point of view. Clearly it's indefensible. Only commented on the business rationale. Accessories have a high profit margin. It's a stealthy way to milk people. Lots of companies do it, including our lord and savior. Not sure what's so difficult to understand here.

Pretty much echo most of the sentiments here about the Nintendo shit.  What pisses me off the most is consumers rewarding Nintendo for all it's dumb shit.  First of all the New 3DS just has a marginal power upgrade but enough that it has the potential to fragment the user base.  People should NOT be buying it on that fact alone.  They also added a puppy nipple to it instead of a legitimate 2nd stick.

Then all the other dumb shit that came out today like the lack of a power cord, amibo data that has to be erased, etc.  I wish people would stop buying this stuff and get Nintendo to actually do some innovation.  But no, the New 3DS will probably sell like crazy, and then when Pokemon 24/25 come out exclusively for New 3DS then all the holdouts will upgrade too.

Looks like South Park: Stick of Truth is the runaway winner, and rightfully so.  No surprise as it was the overwhelming top nominee in the PS3 category as well.

I may right my first editorial for the ol' Game Gravy on these dum Nintendo announcements today.  Apologizes if I accidentally steal wording/sentiments/ideas/arguments y'all have said in here.

I may right my first editorial for the ol' Game Gravy on these dum Nintendo announcements today.  Apologizes if I accidentally steal wording/sentiments/ideas/arguments y'all have said in here.

If Sony would pull their damn head out of their ass they would lower the Vita to like $179.99 or less and make a new bundle. Give away a high profile game and like 6 indie games or some shit. Put  7 GAMES AND MEMORY CARD INCLUDED right on the box in BOLD. Then make 1 new awesome 1st party game like God of War or Infamous or some shit and get the god damn ball rolling. As a jab put POWER CORD INCLUDED on the box as well. 2015 already looks sick for the Vita. Just fuck ing bring it home Sony. 

If Sony would pull their damn head out of their ass they would lower the Vita to like $179.99 or less and make a new bundle. Give away a high profile game and like 6 indie games or some shit. Put 7 GAMES AND MEMORY CARD INCLUDED right on the box in BOLD. Then make 1 new awesome 1st party game like God of War or Infamous or some shit and get the god damn ball rolling. Oh and as a jab put POWER CORD INCLUDED as well on the box. 2015 already looks sick for the Vita. Just fuck ing bring it home Sony.

The bounty one takes 45 minutes of real time and the clock pauses when doing any sort of mission. I am fine with helping anyone get that, but I do not want to have to spend 45 minutes doing nothing multiple times. The mugging one is really quick.

Hopefully we can get a group of at least 4. That way we can get the couple of modes that need 4 players out of the way (Team Deathmatch and Rally wins). The rally one has a trophy directly tied to it, and the wins will help everyone toward the win all game type trophy as well as a platinum award that will help everyone towards the 30 plat awards who does not have it.
I'm off tonight so I'm down.

Home sucks but if you sign in this week you are guaranteed a few trophies. I didn't like all the shenanigans you used to have to do to get free stuff so I never did it, but if you sign on this week they are giving away tons of free places/items/furniture/clothes/objects for free and all you have to do is click it. I loaded it up and got the 3 places, and lots of objects and furniture trophies just by it loading and then put some furniture in my apt and got another trophy. yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back