PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie, these death mode levels in sound shapes are kicking my ass.

How many of you played it on PS4? Shit keeps freezing on me.

-1 is pretty harsh on a 1 point play...imo

Edit: with the 50+ yd fg, you also get the upswing of 5 pts

Edit2: you are also already losing a point by him missing a kick that should be a given.
I prefer the standard scoring of -2 for a 30-39 miss, -1 for a 40-49 miss, -1 for a PAT miss, and 0 for a 50+ miss. Kicking's a skill position and I think they should be penalized for missing kicks they should make.

I don't know that I'd call any scoring for missed kicks standard. I've been playing for years, and this is the first league I've been in where you get negative points for misses.

I prefer the standard scoring of -2 for a 30-39 miss, -1 for a 40-49 miss, -1 for a PAT miss, and 0 for a 50+ miss. Kicking's a skill position and I think they should be penalized for missing kicks they should make.
What I have it as is ESPNs standard I believe...the only thing I'd agree with is the 0 for 50+ misses

Going to see Star Wars tomorrow morning with some family and one of my cousins is working and cant go, but he told me he doesnt want to see it anyway because "I dont really like Star Wars." DA FUQ!?!?!

Needless to say he is #deadtome

I don't really like it either, for the most part they're really boring. I'm still seeing it though, partly so I can either love it and fit in or continue to be uninterested in the franchise with honesty.

But mostly $3.25 tickets.

I don't really like it either, for the most part they're really boring. I'm still seeing it though, partly so I can either love it and fit in or continue to be uninterested in the franchise with honesty.

But mostly $3.25 tickets.
Do the people you're seeing it with a favor and don't go.

I'm seeing it with my girl and she's just going to give it a chance as well. She doesn't like the original trilogy at all and has never bothered to watch the prequels. I don't hate them I just find them mediocre.
This just sounds like a waste of time. I dont know why you would want to bother. MAYBE when its on video when your bored one night 5 years from now but this just sounds like a bad idea all around. Do you eat pineapple even though you dont like it?

Demaryius Thomas is keeping me in it this afternoon, but I really need SF to score some points against my opponents D. And Russle hustle and bustle man muscle Wilson needs to slow down and throw some picks.

Only predicted to lose by 8 now so progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
And it's a main reason why Rey is already miles ahead of him when they fight. They're both naturally gifted obviously. But, I think it's safe to say she's had a much harder life than he has. Abandoned or taken from her parents, forced to live on her own and doing whatever she can and teaching herself to survive matures a person a lot more quickly. Which is why she's able to figure out more about The Force so quickly. Adapt and survive.

It was also cool that Kylo saw that ocean which he read as her escape place in her mind when, it was more than likely Luke or The Force giving her a vision of where Luke was. She just didn't realize it until the end when they found him.
star wars spoilers

Part of it was her natural ability, but remember Kylo had already been shot in the stomach by Chewie and dinged with a few lightsaber blows by Fin before Rey and he dueled.

Don't forget the earlier scene where he tried to mind-rape her and she kicked his ass on instinct alone, though, after which she figured out mind control on the fly. It's a valid point to say he was injured in their physical fight at the end but for force powers alone it's clear that she's much more gifted than he is.

I'm not doing it because everyone else is, I'm doing it to give it a chance like I said. Scifi is my favorite genre in books and and games. I was really big into Fantasy when I was young (and still am) but have progressively migrated to scifi as I aged. I want to like Star Wars, I like being giddy about stuff. There is just better things out there in my opinion.

Its only a couple hours of my life and I'm still spending it next to the woman I love. I'm not going to regret it, and if we both don't like it we can talk shit on it and laugh together later. 

Geez guys, its a damn movie not a lifestyle. Really not that serious.

I wish they would stop these random unannounced sales, it would be quite easy to miss something you want.

From other thread.

Added to the OP:

:ps3: Battlefield 4 - $10.00 - 50% Off - Ends 12/23

:ps3: Bulletstorm - $5.00 - 75% Off - Ends 12/23

:ps3: Burnout Paradise - $4.95 - 67% Off - Ends 12/23

:ps3: Crysis - $5.00 - 75% Off - Ends 12/23

:ps3: Dead Space - $4.95 - 67% Off - Ends 12/23

:ps3: Dead Space Ultimate Edition - $8.25 - 67% Off - Ends 12/23

:ps3: DeathSpank - $4.95 - 67% Off - Ends 12/23

:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins - $5.00 - 75% Off

:ps3: Fight Night Champion - $5.00 - 75% Off - Ends 12/23

:ps3: Mass Effect - $4.95 - 67% Off - Ends 12/23

:ps4: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare - $10.00 - 50% Off - Ends 12/23

:ps3: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare - $5.00 - 75% Off - Ends 12/23

:ps3: River City Super Sports Challenge: All Stars Special - $17.49 - 30% Off - Ends 12/23
Do note, if you purchase Burnout Paradise vanilla you will be locked out of buying the ultimate bundle with the DLC The DLC provides significant extra content (including an additional island which increases the size of the map by about 25%) so it is my recommendation if you are wanting to buy Burnout Paradise, to get the UE instead as it is on sale for $9.90.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/burnout-paradise-ultimate-edition/cid=UP0006-NPUB30040_00-PS3ST_COMPLETEED

Wasn't there someone who was wanting Burnout Paradise in this thread?

I'd agree that it's somewhat formulaic, but I thought it was more Abrams understanding what made the first movies so good and charming - something that seemed completely lost on Lucas with the prequels.
People saying "formulaic" either don't understand that every single movie every follows a formula, or they just saw that word once on a review somewhere and thought they'd come off as cool by using it.

I'm not doing it because everyone else is, I'm doing it to give it a chance like I said. Scifi is my favorite genre in books and and games. I was really big into Fantasy when I was young (and still am) but have progressively migrated to scifi as I aged. I want to like Star Wars, I like being giddy about stuff. There is just better things out there in my opinion.

Its only a couple hours of my life and I'm still spending it next to the woman I love. I'm not going to regret it, and if we both don't like it we can talk shit on it and laugh together later.

Geez guys, its a damn movie not a lifestyle. Really not that serious.
thats fine. I just dont like it when people continue to do things they dont like then complain about it later. if your not going to bitch about it later just laugh at it with your significant other more power to you.

too often I listen to talk radio and people call in complaining about the show/host and how bad they are yet they know everything about the show from the last 3 years. those people are the dregs of society.

Star Wars Spoiler

hmRKYdP.jpg

We may not agree on much but I appreciate that Cainiac is willing to discuss things and not cry like a baby, take his ball and go home like some other people...

Oh gawd, you mean I cant stay idle in these MP matches for Far Cry 4?  I was hoping to sit there and watch football but nope...got kicked in 2 minutes for being idle.   MP is terrible.  Like Star Wars.

The complaints people have on Kylo Ren actually makes me like him more.

It took Anakin 3 movies to join the dark side while Kylo did it in a matter of seconds through dialogue in this one.

I loved that he is flawed and basically a spoiled brat (the Veruca Salt of Star Wars?) so his appearance didn't bother me at all. I'm curious to see how he "finishes his training" with this new emperor guy.

So people don't like how it's like A New Hope yet hate that Kylo isn't Darth Vader?!

#hypocrites

One other thing:
 I like to think Leia embraced Rey because they both can use The Force and connected more in that way. Interesting compared to Rey and Luke's interaction where Luke didn't do a thing when Rey offered the Light Saber to him.

Here's something that's not a spoiler: The new cast is fantastic - especially Daisy Ridley as Rey.

Do note, if you purchase Burnout Paradise vanilla you will be locked out of buying the ultimate bundle with the DLC The DLC provides significant extra content (including an additional island which increases the size of the map by about 25%) so it is my recommendation if you are wanting to buy Burnout Paradise, to get the UE instead as it is on sale for $9.90.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/burnout-paradise-ultimate-edition/cid=UP0006-NPUB30040_00-PS3ST_COMPLETEED

Wasn't there someone who was wanting Burnout Paradise in this thread?
Trying to decide which to get. There's just so much extra content that I suspect I'd lose interest after finishing the main game rather than wanting to keep playing with all the DLC stuff. :whistle2:k

It took Anakin 3 movies to join the dark side while Kylo did it in a matter of seconds through dialogue in this one.
I didn't understand this at all.
Are you referring to how we don't know much about why he went dark? I'm sure that will be shown in the other movies.

Rogue-Legacy-Vertigo.gif

icn_trophy_platinum.png
-
5lpik3.jpg

Finished the under 15 deaths run, was able to do the first 3 bosses legit, but I needed to save scrum to refresh the characters received after death to get the one with Peripheral artery disorder, no pulse in the feet, so that the spike traps weren't tripped in the 4th boss fight. Then I had to save scrum to refresh characters until I got a paladin with knockback ability to make the first phase of the final boss easier.

Another helpful trick is any room that is marked with a question mark on the map refreshes all the breakable objects when you quit and reload the profile. If you are low on HP, you can load the game over and over and keep breaking the objects in the room until enough chicken legs drops to refill your HP to a comfortable level. I used that to get my HP back to full for the boss fights in the tougher regions of the castle.

Overall I liked it quite a bit, those who want to play it like a rogue-like can, or for the penalty of 40% less gold you can lock the current map in place so that you can replay it after death. I just wish it was a toggle option instead of having to trip the switch to lock it in place after EVERY death.

Another thing I did not like is there are certain puzzle rooms that can only be solved if you have a certain spell, and there are certain chests you can only get to if you have the dwarf hereditary trait to shrink your size. Every time I came across one I would just get angry and annoyed.

The 2nd remix boss is just bullshit, too much depends on luck. The boss room is split in half vertically with a spike strip. The only way to get from one side to the other is a short range teleport. Unfortunately the viewing window of the screen is zoomed in enough that you are often having to jump blind and will just have to hope there aren't any minions where you materialize. You can also drop a warp point which you can return to at will, but it has the same problem. If enemies happen to be congregating there then you take quite a bit of damage. Both forms of teleportation should offer fractions of a second of invincibility so that if you are quick you can get out of danger.

I didn't understand this at all.
Are you referring to how we don't know much about why he went dark? I'm sure that will be shown in the other movies.
I figured he was greedy and especially hungry for power which was why it was so easy for him to join the dark side. He feels entitled to have more than anyone else.

If there's a more complex explanation in the sequel, fine.

I'm surprised so many of you are trying to talk Cainiac out of this...at worst he wasted $6 on tickets since he got a deal.  We've all wasted much more than that on flash sale games in this thread.

i hope George didnt delete Far Cry yet as it looks like there arent enough people playing MP now. fuck.
Yeah good luck with that!

I played weekends or really early in the morning as suggested somewhere. I got the ones for PS4 done on a Saturday night according to psnprofiles. I considered it very lucky that I got them all done at once as those servers kick people often and you'll get "migrating host" which is often the end of that. I've had it do that after we finished but before it sent us to the lobby so it didn't count.

The complaints people have on Kylo Ren actually makes me like him more.

I loved that he is flawed and basically a spoiled brat (the Veruca Salt of Star Wars?) so his appearance didn't bother me at all. I'm curious to see how he "finishes his training" with this new emperor guy.

So people don't like how it's like A New Hope yet hate that Kylo isn't Darth Vader?!
He was already dark before killing Han. Like Vader, he was conflicted over what side to commit too as he still had goodness in him. Luke felt it in Vader/Anakin, Leia and Snoke both felt it in Kylo/Ben. Unlike Vader, Kylo chose to kill his blood relative. So he has already succeeded where Vader failed, in the eyes of the Dark side of the Force.

you can shoot anything you want in far cry 4 but nothing breaks.  bottles and baskets just sit there.  worst game ever.

Got the Renaissance Man no thanks to you George!

He is a monster.  The smallest monster in history...next to Mike from Monsters Inc.  But he is alot scarier to defenses than Mike is to little kids.

Thank God the Steelers have to fight for a playoff spot still.  I

He was already dark before killing Han. Like Vader, he was conflicted over what side to commit too as he still had goodness in him. Luke felt it in Vader/Anakin, Leia and Snoke both felt it in Kylo/Ben. Unlike Vader, Kylo chose to kill his blood relative. So he has already succeeded where Vader failed, in the eyes of the Dark side of the Force.
Star Wars spoilers

It's not like Anakin didn't try to murder his father/brother figure. Vader's struggle with the dark side, in my opinion are the opposite of Kylo's. Anakin was from the light seduced by the dark and Ben was from the dark seduced by the light.

Didn't understand why his training wasn't "completed" by Snoke and after taking a blast from Chewie's gun (the same one blowing shit up sky high) he gets a pass. Also, it takes discipline to use the force and Rey took the advantage to establish a bridge to Kylo, which considering how emotional he is, shouldn't have been that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back