PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

I've been having some issues with the PS4 connecting to the store where it just goes back to the dashboard.  Restoring the database kept erring.  So I uploaded all save files to the cloud and was going to delete all of the applications and games except for P.T. off of the hard drive, back that one up, then delete it, and see if restoring the database would work.  But apparently I deleted everything at once.   :wall: It wouldn't restore after that so I reformatted it.  And I am using that proxy trick to redownload P.T. now so I can back it up once its done.  

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck, finally, that damn Horseshoe ringer trophy had been the bane of my existence 3 years ago when I was playing it.

Also in the ensuing years there have been better hints to find missing map locations. I had one location in New Austin I hadn't been able to find 3 years ago, it was the location south of Thief's Landing along the coast that the location is on the southern side of the river, but the activate trigger for finding it is on the Northern part of the river, Finally 100% completion in SP get.

I've been having some issues with the PS4 connecting to the store where it just goes back to the dashboard. Restoring the database kept erring. So I uploaded all save files to the cloud and was going to delete all of the applications and games except for P.T. off of the hard drive, back that one up, then delete it, and see if restoring the database would work. But apparently I deleted everything at once. :wall: It wouldn't restore after that so I reformatted it. And I am using that proxy trick to redownload P.T. now so I can back it up once its done.
I had that problem. All I had to do to fix it was completely shut my PS4 down rather than just putting it into rest mode.

I had that problem. All I had to do to fix it was completely shut my PS4 down rather than just putting it into rest mode.
I usually do shut it down completely. I think the reason why it wouldn't restore the database is I likely had some DLC stuck in waiting to install status which I forgot about.

fuck, finally, that damn Horseshoe ringer trophy had been the bane of my existence 3 years ago when I was playing it.

Also in the ensuing years there have been better hints to find missing map locations. I had one location in New Austin I hadn't been able to find 3 years ago, it was the location south of Thief's Landing along the coast that the location is on the southern side of the river, but the activate trigger for finding it is on the Northern part of the river, Finally 100% completion in SP get.
Awesome, the only thing I think I need for 100% sp now is the outfit where you have to beat 5 of the gang hideouts within a 24 hour in game period.

Yea I don't recall anything unfair in Hotline Miami. If I was able to plat it, it should definitely be doable for you without much trouble. A few of the levels were pretty tough to get an A+ in, but as long as you utilize the right masks to wear during it, you'll get them. Awesome game though! I should play hm2.
Part 2 is way harder and you can't pick what mask you want on every level like the first one. I haven't finished it but it was still fun and the music is once again fucking great. I need to get back to it. I don't think I'll be able to plat it, though.

I loved RDR and would have gone for the plat for sure if there weren't any MP trophies. But since there were I didn't bother 100%ing the single player.

First game of the year beat, until dawn. Story gets kind of interesting, but it takes way too long. I managed 3 trophies guide free. I did ignore going for collectibles for that reason.

Story thoughts

Guide free playthrough, 4 deaths. I got cheated on Sam at the end. My controller kept creeping upwards, and I didn't want to risk countering it. Matt, Josh, and Jess

Holy shit is Emily annoying as hell. Only character I truly couldn't stand. Didn't like Mike at first, but he got better as it went on.

I predicted that Josh was the psychopath. The wendigo bit was interesting. Game would have been better if it was based on that for the whole thing.

Now to decide if it's worth following a guide to see Jess in her undies...I mean, get the plat.

Finally, the codec-related trophy for Metal Gear Rising is out of the way. Now additional playthroughs won't take nearly as long.

Sorry I couldn't make the RDR festivities tonight. Had a family issue. Probably will be on tomorrow afternoon/evening/night. Down to get the team wins, hideout assists, and posse trophies if you guys still need those.

Serious question, how much did you pay for the dog to begin with?
$200 I think. She's really been low maintenance up until this point. I've kept her in good health, besides the obvious cancer.

BestBuy price matched the GameStop/Amazon Lego Dimensions Fun Pack price of $7.50. They're $6 with GCU.

fuck me. 

Slightly hungover, damn keg beer. Hand pump kegs always kill me for some reason.

Also, for a kids show, Jake and the Neverland Pirates aint half bad.

Way hey and well done crew

edit I take it all back, what the fuck is this weird pirate singing duo at the end????

I had the worst headache last night. Wanted to pull my eyes out. A little alcohol(a lot) and sun and I am fucked.

Going to top golf this afternoon.

Vig if your this annoyed by LA cops your going to be compliaing even more about hotline. LA cops only has one hit kills in a couple levels. Hotline is all one hit kills if I remember. And they have super human reflexes across the room. LA cops snemise can't shoot you if your across most of the screen.

fuck me.

Slightly hungover, damn keg beer. Hand pump kegs always kill me for some reason.

Also, for a kids show, Jake and the Neverland Pirates aint half bad.

Way hey and well done crew

edit I take it all back, what the fuck is this weird pirate singing duo at the end????
They're at the end of every show

The show used to drive me batty and now I enjoy it

Way hey no way!

D:

Vig if your this annoyed by LA cops your going to be compliaing even more about hotline. LA cops only has one hit kills in a couple levels. Hotline is all one hit kills if I remember. And they have super human reflexes across the room. LA cops snemise can't shoot you if your across most of the screen.
But doesn't HM at least control better and feel more difficult than unfair? I've seen lots of praise for that and lots of hate for LA Cops, so HM must have done something right.

I had the worst headache last night. Wanted to pull my eyes out. A little alcohol(a lot) and sun and I am fucked.

Going to top golf this afternoon.
Apparently all 4 guys that went to Liangs last night to eat got sick. We were all puking last night. So in addition to having the worst headache I can remember I was also feeling queesy and tasting food I ate hours earlier.

Still going to drink some more at Top Golf today. The party must go on.

But doesn't HM at least control better and feel more difficult than unfair? I've seen lots of praise for that and lots of hate for LA Cops, so HM must have done something right.
Its different thats for sure. I just think Hotline had a cool vibe and wasnt really cheesy so people were willing to push on. LA Cops is less rewarding in that regard. The controls are a little wonky too. But it really isnt more unfair that Hotline. Hotline is a bitch to get through.

Its different thats for sure. I just think Hotline had a cool vibe and wasnt really cheesy so people were willing to push on. LA Cops is less rewarding in that regard. The controls are a little wonky too. But it really isnt more unfair that Hotline. Hotline is a bitch to get through.
Duly noted. I'll make sure to mentally prepare myself before tackling Hotline.

...Then I'll still probably come back here to complain.

Guess I won't finish DQH since I have to return it tomorrow. Super dumb game, but after that much time invested it would've been nice to finish it.

The Fall was decent enough for $3.99 but while going for the last two trophies on my second play through it appears the game glitched and I cant pass it.  There is supposed to be a whole I interact with and it wont show up.  There isnt anything I missed and I dont feel like going through the game again even though it was only a half hour to this point.   Glitches that dont allow you to finish a game sour me on it and piss me off to where I just want to rage delete the game and say fuck it.  But since its only a half hour I will leave it and maybe come back to it later.

Guess I won't finish DQH since I have to return it tomorrow. Super dumb game, but after that much time invested it would've been nice to finish it.
I just gave up on the plat and traded it in. The grind was getting too frustrating for me. If it drops to around $10 I'll probably pick it up again, but it definitely wasn't worth loosing out on the trade value for me.

Apparently all 4 guys that went to Liangs last night to eat got sick. We were all puking last night. So in addition to having the worst headache I can remember I was also feeling queesy and tasting food I ate hours earlier.

Still going to drink some more at Top Golf today. The party must go on.
Pros play hurt.

The Fall was decent enough for $3.99 but while going for the last two trophies on my second play through it appears the game glitched and I cant pass it. There is supposed to be a whole I interact with and it wont show up. There isnt anything I missed and I dont feel like going through the game again even though it was only a half hour to this point. Glitches that dont allow you to finish a game sour me on it and piss me off to where I just want to rage delete the game and say fuck it. But since its only a half hour I will leave it and maybe come back to it later.
What part are you talking about?

Went to GameStop to trade in a couple games and see what they'd give for FO4. The guy made every effort to touch the bottom side of the disc and put his fingerprints over ever spot. Asshole. Took it to BestBuy since they were offering more. I bought the digital version and didn't need the disc from the Vault Boy edition.
Next time just fire up the iOS or Android GS app and check the trade value there. Much better than making an unnecessary trip to GS.

So I restarted DA:I yesterday morning and my save shows 20 hours now. It's been quite a while since I got sucked this much into a game.

Awesome, the only thing I think I need for 100% sp now is the outfit where you have to beat 5 of the gang hideouts within a 24 hour in game period.
I did that last night, it was actually pretty easy. I did it with about 7-8 in-game hours to spare even though I screwed up the order and had to backtrack from Mercer to Gaptooth mine. You just can't fast travel at all. I'd start with Tumbleweed as that's the one that took me the longest since they are so spread out, then the Mine at Gaptooth to the south, Fort Mercer, Twin Rocks (you don't have to save the girl to complete it), then the Basin.

Wren you said you like car shopping, right? Any tips? I think I'm gonna start seriously looking this month.
use edmunds. And all the other car sites. Find out what csrs you like and just negotiate online or through email etc. Don't go to a dealership unless the deal is done or you need to test drive.

Wren you said you like car shopping, right? Any tips? I think I'm gonna start seriously looking this month.
i used to be a fleet mgr for a dealership I'm good at negotiating and finding a fair price.
If you want I'll help, just pm me.

Oh and if it's a Subaru you want I get a $500 voucher to give to anyone since I'm an ambassador for them

Duly noted. I'll make sure to mentally prepare myself before tackling Hotline.

...Then I'll still probably come back here to complain.
Yes, I don't like that the enemy's vision is infinite and mine stops at the edge of the screen (you can't see very far). I got shot offscreen a lot in the first HM. I also didn't like later in the game when it was no longer feasible to progress with melee weapons, you had to use guns. I liked being stealthy, stunning them with doors and killing silently with the knife and throwing weapons.

i used to be a fleet mgr for a dealership I'm good at negotiating and finding a fair price.
If you want I'll help, just pm me.

Oh and if it's a Subaru you want I get a $500 voucher to give to anyone since I'm an ambassador for them
That voucher would be great, I plan on purchasing a Forrester or an Outback in the next month or two to replace a car I've been driving for about 10 years.

Possible dumb question, but you did switch back to the flashlight instead of the laser sight right?
I had but it turns out I needed to read the stupid journal on the desk with the 5 entries. Once i did that the whole was available to interact. Makes sense in the story, kinda, but stupid since the whole should be there regardless. Kind of frustrating.

All Vudu.com users you can get a $3 credit by entering promo code HAPPYHOLIDAYS

This promo code expires 1/4/16 and need to be redeemed by 14 days. Just enter the promo code and ignore the movie title for it to go through.

https://my.vudu.com/mobileRedeem.html?pn=moviecredits
Thanks, reminders that the 75% off movie rental on Amazon and Google Play expire tomorrow as does the half off any album on Google Play.

Movies

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=13529852011

https://play.google.com/store/movies/collection/p3_details_07318001551614642834_7232985298?hl=en

Music

https://play.google.com/store/music/collection/p3_details_17367801217217401123_8853249243

Next time just fire up the iOS or Android GS app and check the trade value there. Much better than making an unnecessary trip to GS.
I did and I already knew BBY gave more. GS had some promo and I was just double checking if it'd boost the value if I was trading in 4 games but it didn't. I had to trade in a couple games there already otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

Wow, I was gonna try and keep up with this thread! Miss one day and I'm completely out of the convo again!

So I bought an Xbox One yesterday. Anyone give me some suggestions for some good Xbox exclusives?

bread's done
Back