PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Oh look, you guys are right. Good for you.
KJYfizK.gif

AAC pros:

What's your favorite/best android you use? These boss fights and levels get pretty crazy. Up through the second boss so far but enjoying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
AAC pros:

What's your favorite/best android you use? These boss fights and levels get pretty crazy. Up through the second boss so far but enjoying it.
Holly? The yellow one with homing missles as her main + a straight line ball thing as the secondary. And Starch.

Reviews for I Am Setsuna:

DualShockers: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07/18/i-am-setsuna-review-let-it-snow/

9/10

I Am Setsuna is a game from a different era in the best kind of way. For better or for worse, it borrows many of its mechanics from some of gaming’s classics. While its graphics are outdated and its story gives only the illusion of choice, the rest of the game is good enough to make up for it: the characters are likable, the story is engaging, and the gameplay is fun. RPG fans will find a lot to enjoy here, especially those who love games like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.
Destructoid: https://www.destructoid.com/review-i-am-setsuna-375238.phtml

7.5/10

I actually quite like the adherence to nostalgia, as Square is only giving fans with they want after years of complaints that projects like Final Fantasy XIII strayed too far. But by the same token of goodwill, it plays it a little too safe in regards to its at times predictable story, and doesn't really do anything new that moves the genre forward in any way. Still, if old school is what you want, you'll get it.
Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/i-am-setsuna-review/1900-6416482/

7/10

I Am Setsuna is an unapologetic homage to beloved Japanese RPGs that plays well but takes few risks. Tokyo RPG Factory has accomplished their implied mission statement: to make Japanese RPGs the way many of us remember them back in the day. As a result, I Am Setsuna walks in the footsteps of giants, and is thus dwarfed by the memories of games that inspired it. There are times when its familiar music and faces feel comforting, like returning to your hometown after a decade away, so as someone who grew up playing Japanese RPGs, I enjoyed my time with I Am Setsuna. It's like any trip down memory lane: it was nice to look back and remember the good times.

Holly? The yellow one with homing missles as her main + a straight line ball thing as the secondary. And Starch.
OK cool that's who I seemed to use the most. I tried using that one with the copter thing and vortex hole, but didn't know how to really work either and died pretty quick.

OK cool that's who I seemed to use the most. I tried using that one with the copter thing and vortex hole, but didn't know how to really work either and died pretty quick.
Yeah, I liked Holly a lot for getting through the regular levels. Starch is really good for S+ stuff though

You mean I'll have to check for myself now to see if the store is updated?
They aren't listed yet, but the 4-game PLAY 2016 lineup has a 20% preorder discount attached for Plus members, and if you preorder two or more, you get a 20% off coupon for the PS Store (not sure if that means PSN or the physical-merchandise PS Store).

Also, there's a Superhero Sale, but nothing listed yet.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this lineup looks dumb:

Play-2016-Lineup-Ann.jpg

Launch Date Title
(Platform) PS Plus Pre-Order Price Regular Price Pre-Order Theme
(PS4) $15.99 $19.99 Static 7/26 Headlander
(PS4) $15.99 $19.99 Static 8/2 Abzu
(PS4) $11.99 $14.99 Static 8/9 Brut@l
(PS4) $15.99 $19.99 Dynamic 8/16 Bound

Find details on each title below.

Headlander

Adult Swim Games and acclaimed studio Double Fine team up to bring you Headlander, a ’70s-sci-fi-inspired platformer. Play as a disembodied human head that takes over bizarre robot bodies in a retro-futuristic “utopia” ruled by a deranged computer.

Abzu

Abzu is a beautiful, dreamy underwater adventure. Immerse yourself in a vibrant, hidden world that’s bursting with life but beware as you swim deeper – dangers lurk in the mysterious depths.

Brut@l

Choose your hero – Ranger, Mage, Warrior, or Amazon – then descend into a dangerous world constructed entirely from ASCII characters. Weapon crafting, potion brewing, and local 2P multiplayer will help you survive the onslaught of enemies in these unique dungeons.

Bound

Developed exclusively for PlayStation 4 by Plastic, the team behind innovative titles like Linger In Shadows and Datura, Bound is a 3D platformer that combines a unique visual style with a powerful story and gameplay mechanics infused with modern dance.

Wasnt it you vig who said that psn play are usually exclusives? I think thats the cause of the crummy lineup. All the best 3rd party indies come out on x1 now too

Wasnt it you vig who said that psn play are usually exclusives? I think thats the cause of the crummy lineup. All the best 3rd party indies come out on x1 now too
I had asked if that was the case, and it looks like it is. I was hoping Hyper Light Drifter would be one of the games since I plan on buying that day-one anyway.

If anyone cares, Bound is showing as 50% off ($9.99) for some reason: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/bound/cid=UP9000-CUSA04193_00-BOUNDGAMEUS00001

EDIT: Never mind, the price changes to $15.99 when added to the cart.

Well, no luck with my phone charging while powered down.  I swapped the battery out of my wife's 5c long enough to confirm that the replacement battery wasn't part of the problem; the phone indicated the cable was not certified and wouldn't charge the battery from my wife's phone.  Concluded that some component on the logic board associated with the charge port must have shorted out when the water got inside.

Went to Sprint store on Friday to get a new phone, but the associate informed me that since I had the 'Find My iPhone' option enabled under iCloud settings he could not transfer my current number to the phone.  No problem, right.  Went home, re-installed the wife's battery long enough to disable the option and do a quick iCloud backup and then just decided to order the phone from Sprint online so I wouldn't have to go back to a store.

New phone was supposed to arrive, yesterday.  Checked UPS tracking before I left work, and confirmed phone had been delivered to the house.  Got home, no phone.  Called UPS, called Sprint, and both confirm tracking indicates phone delivery to house.  UPS is now investigating.

I think someone's trying to tell me I don't need a cell phone anymore.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! :whee:

So here are 3 spoiler free hints when you inevitably run out of unlocked quests in Zero Time Dilemma or get stuck in a quest loop (when you only have 1 or 2 options and the rest are locked) and can't figure out how to get out:

1.)Unlock all the sides of every decision available to you.

2.)Check the global flowchart for exclamation points to click.

3.)There is a horizontal line of 4 bubbles in the upper left corner of the global flowchart, see if you can figure out how to light up all 4 (if you haven't already).

bread's done
Back