PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Worst purchase of my life: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Mineral-Gray-14-Aspire-One-Cloudbook-AO1-431-C8G8-Laptop-PC-with-Intel-Celeron-N3050-Processor-2GB-Memory-32GB-eMMC-Windows-10-and-Office-365/46444955 My old laptop stopped working last month, so I didn't have a pc for a couple weeks. I got very impatient and bought it on a whim.

OUIUk7B.jpg

I haven't downloaded anything other than another browser either.

Worst purchase of my life: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Mineral-Gray-14-Aspire-One-Cloudbook-AO1-431-C8G8-Laptop-PC-with-Intel-Celeron-N3050-Processor-2GB-Memory-32GB-eMMC-Windows-10-and-Office-365/46444955 My old laptop stopped working last month, so I didn't have a pc for a couple weeks. I got very impatient and bought it on a whim.

OUIUk7B.jpg

You're not really supposed to put stuff on the hard drive with those things anyway.

I'm really itching to pick up Battleborn at bby for $16 but I just bit on BioShock and I know I'll probably be able to get it at that price if not cheaper by the time I get to it... decisions, decisions
It will likely be $16 again during or around BF. I thought about for 10 seconds and then remembered I hated the beta and have Gears of War on the 7th.

Give me BL3 damn it.

Just finished Resident Evil 5. Lame that I started off on Normal and got frustrated and switched to amateur. Didn't get the trophy for beating the game on amateur. I guess I have to replay the first two chapters on amateur. Probably do that since the first 1 only took an hour on Normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will likely be $16 again during or around BF. I thought about for 10 seconds and then remembered I hated the beta and have Gears of War on the 4th. I also passed on it used at Redbox for $8.99.

Give me BL3 damn it.

Just finished Resident Evil 5. Lame that I started off on Normal and got frustrated and switched to amateur. Didn't get the trophy for beating the game on amateur. I guess I have to replay the first two chapters on amateur. Probably do that since the first 1 only took an hour on Normal.
yeah you have to have times on each level for each difficulty to get the trophy.

Not sure if this is patched in the PS4 version of RE5: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/929198-resident-evil-5/50977628
I dont think it matters as long as you have a time completion for each chapter/level under that difficulty. I wont be getting the professional trophy anyway though as Derek and I skipped the second boss cause the dude is nasty. And I tried it on my own and quit after dying for the 100th time without being real close to beating him,

I dont think it matters as long as you have a time completion for each chapter/level under that difficulty. I wont be getting the professional trophy anyway though as Derek and I skipped the second boss cause the dude is nasty. And I tried it on my own and quit after dying for the 100th time without being real close to beating him,
Yeah not trying for plat either. Enjoyed game but a few spots were hard even on normal. Too much else I want to play. But wanted to get through the game at least once.

no mans sky post mortem:

I can't say anything about this game that hasn't already been beaten to death so I won't.  

I will say though - despite all the overblown hype and the excessive criticism this 'game' is a pretty amazing accomplishment.  I've certainly never played anything like it.  it may not be what everybody hoped, but in terms of it being a universe generator+space trade/travel+mining simulator it's unparalleled as far as I know.  the near seamless transition from planet surface where you can see animals / plants / skylines / clouds to getting in a spaceship, bursting through the atmosphere in to space and then turning around and being able to see where you just were on the planet is totally nuts.  I'm sure a decent amount of it is technical illusion but it's a cool feeling.  

anyways, if you want to play a game don't mess with nms.  if you want to see a neat technical accomplishment and you enjoy thinking about the nerdery that might be backing it it's worth putzing through.

Using a walkthrough for MegaMind made me question mine.
Boosting the competitive multiplayer trophies (which takes weeks) in Binary Domain was probably my worst, particularly because in the end I didn't have much to show for it. I can't finish the co-op horde mode partially due to difficulty, but mostly due to how long it takes to complete and if anyone in the group loses connection your are screwed since you can't come back to a game in progress.

OUIUk7B.jpg

You're not really supposed to put stuff on the hard drive with those things anyway.
Is there any way you can return it for a full refund?

As Therm said, you really shouldn't put anything on there. From what I understand, Windows is terrible on eMMc devices and you can't upgrade the drive like you could with a SATA or [real] SSD drive. Otherwise, always get something where you have the option to upgrade it later.

I personally would never buy a computer at Walmart. My go to places are Best Buy and Office Depot - especially since they have more upgrade components available.

Every now and then, Newegg and Woot have good deals; in fact, I bought a 11.6 inch Lenovo with an 120 SSD and Windows 10 from Woot last year for $200 new. One of the best laptops I've ever owned.

no mans sky post mortem:

I can't say anything about this game that hasn't already been beaten to death so I won't.

I will say though - despite all the overblown hype and the excessive criticism this 'game' is a pretty amazing accomplishment. I've certainly never played anything like it. it may not be what everybody hoped, but in terms of it being a universe generator+space trade/travel+mining simulator it's unparalleled as far as I know. the near seamless transition from planet surface where you can see animals / plants / skylines / clouds to getting in a spaceship, bursting through the atmosphere in to space and then turning around and being able to see where you just were on the planet is totally nuts. I'm sure a decent amount of it is technical illusion but it's a cool feeling.

anyways, if you want to play a game don't mess with nms. if you want to see a neat technical accomplishment and you enjoy thinking about the nerdery that might be backing it it's worth putzing through.
God your awful.

Ugh, I hate non-stacking difficulty trophies.
It might be the only game I have ever played that did that. Least the only one I can remember. Finished up Chapters 1 and 2 on Amateur so got that trophy. Think I am done though. Don't think I want to play Chapters 3-6 on Normal for a single trophy.

OUIUk7B.jpg

It is basically a Chromebook running Windows 10. If it has a SD card slot you could add some storage that way. Or just use a USB stick.

They really want you to use Onedrive (cloud based) for storage.

Just beat Blood of the Werewolf. Decent game that gets difficult pretty quick - especially with the spiked obstacles. There were times where the load screen was longer than the gameplay.  

Story is forgettable. 

for you guys that like fighting games, definitely pick up guilty gear xrd revelator. sign was fun, this one is more polished and man it is pretty. It also has a useful tutorial that doesnt get bogged down in mechanics but gives you enough information on how to play competently. Plus there's a bunch of very different characters to play with. You might still get whooped online, but there's enough sp content thats plenty entertaining.

I will never finish just cause 3.
Which is why your so awful. No Mans Sky cant possibly be more fun than the destruction and mayhem of Just Cause!?!!

Not to mention all the other shitty games you 100% that only you and Zimm think are any "fun".

Yeah yeah, you cant sit down on the couch and play JC3 on your Vita while you actually do 10 other things at the same time. Bla bla bla, excuses!

It might be the only game I have ever played that did that. Least the only one I can remember. Finished up Chapters 1 and 2 on Amateur so got that trophy. Think I am done though. Don't think I want to play Chapters 3-6 on Normal for a single trophy.
I played through it like 10 times (felt like it anyway since we stopped and started so much) with Derek. Its fun when you play it in co op. Otherwise I couldnt imagine going through the game more than once either. I know when I played it a long time ago on PS3 I only played through it once on Normal and got rid of it. Thats the way to do it without co op.

We even had a lot of fun in RE6 which everyone thinks is terrible. I think I had more fun in that game too since it was more run and gun and faster paced.

We even had a lot of fun in RE6 which everyone thinks is terrible. I think I had more fun in that game too since it was more run and gun and faster paced.
Yeah went through RE5 solo. Just too hard to get co-op coordinated lately. No one joined in me. I think it allows drop in and was set to allow randoms.

Fired up RE6 this morning and maybe 10 mins into the game (just after the opening credits) someone dropped in. Towards the end of my time playing two others dropped in as monsters as well. I think I got near the end of the first chapter/section when my co-op partner died and I had to get ready for work.

So far it seems pretty cool/fun. I never really played Resident Evil games before so I don't care if they aren't canon or properly connected to the older games or whatever RE fans hate about this one. Still early on so maybe I will change my mind but so far so good. Last time I bought it on PS3 (or maybe 360) I watched my nephew play for an hour and just never felt the need to play it myself.

Yeah went through RE5 solo. Just too hard to get co-op coordinated lately. No one joined in me. I think it allows drop in and was set to allow randoms.

Fired up RE6 this morning and maybe 10 mins into the game (just after the opening credits) someone dropped in. Towards the end of my time playing two others dropped in as monsters as well. I think I got near the end of the first chapter/section when my co-op partner died and I had to get ready for work.

So far it seems pretty cool/fun. I never really played Resident Evil games before so I don't care if they aren't canon or properly connected to the older games or whatever RE fans hate about this one. Still early on so maybe I will change my mind but so far so good. Last time I bought it on PS3 (or maybe 360) I watched my nephew play for an hour and just never felt the need to play it myself.
I think the major complaint from RE fan boys is that it isnt really RE enough. Its too run and gun and action for them. But they have some crazy cool bosses in RE6 that we enjoyed. The best I remember is the big red (?) dude that follows you around a round arena and you shoot him with a gun on a jeep. He is crazy weird looking.

Cartwheel 40% off candy and costumes end today. It's tempting, but there's no way any of that stuff would last the 39 days until Halloween.

Took like 30 mins bro, I'm not playing stupid shit like Megamind and Terminator.

And those trophies are worth more than your 100 hour AoT plat will be.

bread's done
Back