PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gravity Rush 2 delayed to January 20, 2017, but now we'll get the planned story DLC for free:

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/gravity-rush-2-delayed-january-18-europe-january-19-japan-january-20-americas

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/10/05/ps4-exclusive-gravity-rush-2-delayed-to-january-2017-getting-free-dlc-to-make-up-for-the-wait/

I guess I'm OK with that; at least it has a chance to sell well now that it won't release the same week as FFXV.
Now it comes out 4 days from Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0, and Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

What do you guys think of The Evil Within. It's been in my backlog for a while.

I'm playing RE4 Remaster when I have free time. It took me 30 minutes to get back into the (rather) archaic controls, and I'm having some nice nostalgia injections.

Was considering moving on to The Evil Within after, and maybe onto another horror title for the month of October.

I play the game quite a bit. Add me if you want.

I will definitely add you, I'm getting killed trying to do the flag boss wave solo.

evil within is a great game. It's a different game than RE4-6 even though it plays similarly - they supplement the concept of limited ammo that's popular in action survival horror games with variety (stealth kills, group bad guy torching with matches, crafting crossbow stuff, etc). there's some technical issues but you don't notice them after the first hour unless you obsess over that sort of thing - weird letterboxing, pop in, etc.

keep in mind that a lot of the game is designed to troll you with some insta-death scenarios that seem unavoidable first time through, invisible enemies, and explosives hiding around corners when you enter an empty room. if you're able to laugh that sort of bullshit off and try again, you'll love the game.
Would you guys like to hold hands?

...Actually, won't I need to get all 100 leeches again anyway so I can get the Magnum Revolver on this save file? If so...*sigh*
Yeah, you made this a lot harder for yourself than it needed to be. That easy run screwed you.

I can't remember how much ammo I was left with on normal when I did 100 leeches, but I also killed everything. You can probably do it on hard, but you might have to avoid some enemies to conserve ammo.

Yeah, you made this a lot harder for yourself than it needed to be. That easy run screwed you.

I can't remember how much ammo I was left with on normal when I did 100 leeches, but I also killed everything. You can probably do it on hard, but you might have to avoid some enemies to conserve ammo.
I blame the PST.org trophy guide. I knew I should have gone with PSNP's guide instead.

I didn't plan on killing everything for the Hard version of Leech Hunter, so I'll just have to be careful.

I blame the PST.org trophy guide. I knew I should have gone with PSNP's guide instead.

I didn't plan on killing everything for the Hard version of Leech Hunter, so I'll just have to be careful.
I tried using the PSNP guide but with the pst.org walkthrough...which isn't very good. It kind of screwed me on the "kill every boss with the girl" trophy for the first run. The only statement in the walkthrough is "Throughout your first playthrough, ensure that Rebecca defeats every boss except for the Centurion for That's Officer Chambers to You." Well, if you don't know ahead of time what choices to make then on the occasions when you split her and Billy up it's easy to end up having him face the boss on accident.

Both guides suggest getting the trophy for not using the first aid spray and for not using herbs in the same run. Not sure why that is--there are two easy runs, the initial where you do most of the collection/event stuff and then the speed run later on. Seems like it would be better to split that up--one run with no herbs and one with no first aid. Not sure why they combine those into the same playthrough.

I do need to go back and finish the game. I liked what I played of it, though I wasn't expecting to, and now I want to knock the rest of it out since we got RE1 this month.

I tried using the PSNP guide but with the pst.org walkthrough...which isn't very good. It kind of screwed me on the "kill every boss with the girl" trophy for the first run. The only statement in the walkthrough is "Throughout your first playthrough, ensure that Rebecca defeats every boss except for the Centurion for That's Officer Chambers to You." Well, if you don't know ahead of time what choices to make then on the occasions when you split her and Billy up it's easy to end up having him face the boss on accident.

Both guides suggest getting the trophy for not using the first aid spray and for not using herbs in the same run. Not sure why that is--there are two easy runs, the initial where you do most of the collection/event stuff and then the speed run later on. Seems like it would be better to split that up--one run with no herbs and one with no first aid. Not sure why they combine those into the same playthrough.

I do need to go back and finish the game. I liked what I played of it, though I wasn't expecting to, and now I want to knock the rest of it out since we got RE1 this month.
You find out what choices to make for the Officer Chambers trophy if you scroll down to the trophy description in PST.org's trophy guide, but I agree that they should have been mentioned in the actual trophy walkthrough.

There's a trophy for not using any recovery items at all, so your strategy of using just first-aid spray in one run and just herbs in the second wouldn't work. It makes more sense to earn all of those trophies at once in a single run once you have the Magnum Revolver with infinite ammo thanks to Leech Hunter.

It would be nice to have it digital but $13.99....

We played some last night and it was smooth as butter. Fun too since we all basically suck at it.

Anyone else have Disney Infinity PS4 3.0? I need to play 6 more games in the arcade. Been watching some Gears 4 game play while I wait and can't get a game going. Want to finish this up as it will be shutdown in March. Last online trophy I need.

If anyone else has it and needs to do all 10 games I would stick around for all 10 if needed.

I see Topside got the plat last month (only noticed since when I browsed in the game it showed he recently got some trophies). I ended up playing one of his toy boxes for easy XP or whatever they call.

Thought I could finish this tonight or tomorrow night before Gears on Friday.
I know others already commented, but I can help with this whenever I'm not in destiny. I've already got the trophy, but I think there's a feat for playing 15 games so I could just go for that.

Oh, the issue was not original case. Yeah, well, you get what you pay for! It was $22.xx new at amazon when I bought it, but it's gone back up. Put it in your saved list and keep an eye on it's ups and downs because I'm sure it will get back there again at some point.

i was a non believer but this is insane

the hunt is on, the beacon is lit

hypehypehype

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/5671pc/its_confirmed/
9DRxyMvGOjuSA5LFxBqFm879HuY_zZHlC_pixoiG_cc.jpg

I know others already commented, but I can help with this whenever I'm not in destiny. I've already got the trophy, but I think there's a feat for playing 15 games so I could just go for that.
Topside tried to help me this morning but I couldn't get my second controller working in the game. I guess I needed to have my second account already logged into my PS4 before starting DI.

If you, Gator or Topside are around tonight and want to go for 15 (helping me to 10) send me a PSN message. I am waiting in a lobby catching up on CAG now. Had one other guy but only had 1 controller going so he bailed pretty quick.

Got 12 matches in before it went to shit again.  Got the trophy for 10 at least.  Munky if you want to go up to 15 sometime let me know.

Thanks Topside and Gator for the hints and help.

I have like 5 more days before I have to take it back to the library.  If anyone can help me with the gnome infinity waves or the backyard flag boss wave stuff in pvzgw2 shoot me a pm or come visit discord and let me know.  I can get by pretty well solo (and even made it most of the way through the boss wave in the backyard) but it's hard to do consistently.

I am tempted to pick up Far Cry Dinosaurs for $23.99 at BB but think I will wait till it hits $19.99 before GCU.  I think it only on sale today which is probably a good thing.  If I end up near BB tomorrow and it is still on sale I might grab it.

Loved 3 and 4 and Blood Dragon.  

I am tempted to pick up Far Cry Dinosaurs for $23.99 at BB but think I will wait till it hits $19.99 before GCU. I think it only on sale today which is probably a good thing. If I end up near BB tomorrow and it is still on sale I might grab it.

Loved 3 and 4 and Blood Dragon.
Don't do it! Primal is such a step backwards from 3 and 4 its ridiculous. Way too slow.

You guys should try Prominence Poker.  It's free and very good, although the players are quite F'n terrible and will snap your AA off with 83off.  Just gotta play with 30 buy-ins at any given time and you'll be OK as you sheer through the variance like a laserbeam.

There's trophies to grind your bankroll up to $1,000,000 and $1,000,000,000.  I'm at $400,000 now.

Edit:  Wow.  I take that back.

I made a dumb mistake and played at the $100,000 table and lost 3 buy-ins to some idiot.

All of these I lost all-in pre-flop to the same player within the span of 45 minutes.

AA < Q9

QQ < A2

KK < KJ

Unreal how unlucky I was.

:bomb:

Last edited:
You guys should try Prominence Poker. It's free and very good, although the players are quite F'n terrible and will snap your AA off with 83off. Just gotta play with 30 buy-ins at any given time and you'll be OK as you sheer through the variance like a laserbeam.

There's trophies to grind your bankroll up to $1,000,000 and $1,000,000,000. I'm at $400,000 now.

Edit: Wow. I take that back.

I made a dumb mistake and played at the $100,000 table and lost 3 buy-ins to some idiot.

All of these I lost all-in pre-flop to the same player within the span of 45 minutes.

AA &lt; Q9

QQ &lt; A2

KK &lt; KJ

Unreal how unlucky I was.

:bomb:
Unlucky or a victim of the devious AI they mention in the Steam description. Obviously, a F2P game will tend to be rigged to make you spend money in it.

Unlucky or a victim of the devious AI they mention in the Steam description. Obviously, a F2P game will tend to be rigged to make you spend money in it.
It was a real player. :(

I wouldn't doubt it if these poker games were rigged, though. You have the option to buy chips with real money (LOL!), and I highly doubt their dealing algorithm is inspected by any online gaming commission.

admit it vig, you grabbed that S rank by the pussy
It was more difficult to actually finish Hard mode than to get the S-rank, as things got pretty dicey in a few spots due to enemies doing way too much damage and both ammo and recovery items barely being around. Unlike RE1 HD, pausing the game (via the Options button) actually stops the timer, which made the 3:30 time limit an afterthought.

Leech Hunter on Hard was nearly worse because of the stupid monkeys guarding the SMG, and I almost ran out of ammo before finding the last leech.

Grabbed Mafia 3 by the pussy. It's pretty good so far, tho I suspect it's going to get super repetitive by the end of the game. Grabbed the mail-in $40 TIV at Best Buy by the pussy, but hopefully I can beat it quick enough and grab the $44 in-store TIV by the pussy before it drops.

Practical gore effects work much more effective than CG.

I remember when I first saw the uncut Toxic Avenger, it gave me the heebie jeebies.

Picked up some stuff at a couple of further away Hastings this weekend.  The best find was a copy of NHL 94 for the Genesis that rang up for 50 cents.  

LOL bastards. One of the trophies requires you to grow your Katamari to 2 million KM in size. You do this by beating levels which puts celestial objects (stars, planets, satelites, etc.) in the sky that you can roll up on a certain level once you become Earth-sized. Each time you complete the same level in one of the 3 other modes, it adds one other copy of the item for up to 4. Even after doing all SP levels in all available modes and creating a ton of stardust by replaying a level and detonating the Katamari instead of putting it in the sky, I was still coming in around 10,000 short. It turns out, unless you are very lucky rolling up the cosmic items, you need to beat a few co-op levels to put their celestial items in the sky in order to put you over the top.

In SP you control the katamari a little like a tank. Both sticks pointed up to move forward (the direction you move the fastest), One stick up and one stick down to rotate. Both sticks to the left, right, or down to move in that direction somewhat slowly. In Co-op, P1's 2 sticks together act like the left stick and P2's sticks together act like the right stick. So in order to beat those to get enough items to reach 2 million in size, you have to control two sticks with each hand if you don't have anyone else to join you in local co-op. It's not so bad and actually kinda hilarious in Katamari Drive mode where the Katamari always moves at dash speed, but in normal mode if you slip and even one of the four sticks isn't pointed straight up then it moves so slow.

Beat the 3 Co-op levels in 2 different modes and that was enough to get it done. On that run I also grabbed the last item I was missing for the 100% collectibles trophy so just about an hour of maneuvering the sticks for a few seconds every 3 minutes to win 15 more local battle mode matches and I'll have the plat.

bread's done
Back