PSONE LCD SCREENS 17.98 at TRU

LordFungus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well, This is my fist posting so be nice. Anyway I went to TRU to look for the PSONE LCD combo, and they were out of the PSONES, but the screens were listed for about 60 dollars. On the off chance I had the guy price check the LCD screen and it came up as 17.98. This was in Burlington, VT. Also I have found a mod for like 8 dollars at radioshack and the screen will work with any system. Here is a link to the mod:

http://theinfamousj.dreamhost.com/archives/000110.html

Just thought I'd let yall know.........

[quote name='drone8888']I snagged 2 of these last week at that price.

Now,......if I could find a laymen's VGA mod site.

:)[/quote]

It doesn't do vga only rgb. All the "VGA" mods you see for it need powerstrip and switching the vga to 15khz.

What is everyone doing with these screens? Is everyone really taking their system "on the road" (and so don't want to carry a TV) or somehow doing a complicated mod for their PC case? Or is there some other use I don't know about?

I mean, the screen for $18 sounds like a good deal, but I just have no use for it...

[quote name='Backlash']What is everyone doing with these screens? Is everyone really taking their system "on the road" (and so don't want to carry a TV) or somehow doing a complicated mod for their PC case? Or is there some other use I don't know about?

I mean, the screen for $18 sounds like a good deal, but I just have no use for it...[/quote]

You can basically use this for anything...gaming, DVD player, TV, PC Mod.
The 5" screen is top notch. There aren't too many high quality LCD screens for $18.

[quote name='jkam'][quote name='Backlash']What is everyone doing with these screens? Is everyone really taking their system "on the road" (and so don't want to carry a TV) or somehow doing a complicated mod for their PC case? Or is there some other use I don't know about?

I mean, the screen for $18 sounds like a good deal, but I just have no use for it...[/quote]

You can basically use this for anything...gaming, DVD player, TV, PC Mod.
The 5" screen is top notch. There aren't too many high quality LCD screens for $18.[/quote]

This is normally where i say "click the link in my sig!", but i unfortunatly killed photobucket, and have not had a chance yet to switch to someone else. You can get at least some info through that link though, and get a link to the cables i used to play PS2/XboX/Cube/Saturn games in Stero on the beautiful screen

Which screen is this. All I saw were INTEC branded LCD screens at my store. 50% off $100 (green tag) but didnt have it scanned to see if it were cheaper.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Which screen is this. All I saw were INTEC branded LCD screens at my store. 50% off $100 (green tag) but didnt have it scanned to see if it were cheaper.[/quote]

not the Intec, Sony. if you can find an official Sony PSone screen at all, the Intec is still an ok screen, but nowhere near the quality of the Sony screen.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Which screen is this. All I saw were INTEC branded LCD screens at my store. 50% off $100 (green tag) but didnt have it scanned to see if it were cheaper.[/quote]

The official Sony one. It comes in a white box. The combo comes in a light green box. It is circular in shape.

I picked up an Intec one for $15 at my TRU.

At first, I thought my screen was messed up cause it kept flickering. I packed it up and was going to return it the next day.

But I decided to give it a try again, and found out it wasn't the screen that was causing the flickering, it was the third-party AC plug I was using. It is a 7,5 volt plug, but it doesn't fit into the slot perfectly, so I have to angle it a bit.

Once I did that, the flickering stopped and the screen was great.

It's still a little hard to read some of the text, but it's not that big a deal really.

I still plan on getting an official one, though.

For the people who have an official one, is the text pretty clear on the screen, or is it tough to read?

hmm...i am still wondering what i would personally use it for...i mean i dont take my consoles on the road and at home i would just use my larger tv...

hmm...

[quote name='Mistik']So I'm guessing I need a PSOne for this to work and not just the screen?[/quote]

No you don't need a PSOne for it to work. Just the screen is fine.

[quote name='swetooth9']hmm...i am still wondering what i would personally use it for...i mean i dont take my consoles on the road and at home i would just use my larger tv...

hmm...[/quote]

I used it when i lost a coin toss that meant my GF got to watch Law and Order instead of me watching a Redwings playoff game :)

ah...but every person in my house could watch tv at the same time and there would be enough tvs still :p...so i guess this has no use to me...but i might pick it up if its cheap just for the heck of it :p

The ps1 combo is $50 at my local TRU(New Jersey), last time I checked. Thanks for the guide on how to convert the screen to any system.

im guessing he only had it on the ps0ne because it makes a handy stand. but duct tape can remedy all of your non size fitting standards!
oh and if anyone can pick me up one, paypal would work wonders...

[quote name='guyver2077']well once again ill try..if anyone can pick me up a combo please pm me...ill pay a lil extra for your time. thanks[/quote]

Same.

They have one here for $75, but I don't think it's worth that much. I'd gladly pay $60 shipped for one though.

damn my local TRU has like 10 of this its so awesome on my xbox games and movies and ps2 as well sweet btw im in tyler texas

[quote name='soundwave']No combos at my TRU, but they did have the LCD screens for $12.98.[/quote]

I'll give ya $40 for 2 of em... :cool:

[quote name='soundwave']No combos at my TRU, but they did have the LCD screens for $12.98.[/quote]

did it say on the shelf that or was it scanned?

I'll pay $20 for one.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='swetooth9']hmm...i am still wondering what i would personally use it for...i mean i dont take my consoles on the road and at home i would just use my larger tv...

hmm...[/quote]

I used it when i lost a coin toss that meant my GF got to watch Law and Order instead of me watching a Redwings playoff game :)[/quote]

jesus man, dont ever coin toss a playoff game, or actually, date a girl that chooses law and order over hockey. none in stock here in buff city.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='soundwave']No combos at my TRU, but they did have the LCD screens for $12.98.[/quote]

I'll pay $20 for one.[/quote]

Dito.

Hey,........... Bull_Ship,...........

There is a way to mod it, to get VGA resolution.

It requires messing with the jumpers, and resoldering a wire or two.

I am an electrician,... but I don't work with electronics,... so I don't want to mess with the screen, until I have a simple schematic, that has steps, instead of complicated flowcharts.

If someone can find a good mod site, let me know.
Thanks.

I'll give to $25 for it depending on shipping. Please get back to me on this. And the other few who asked.

Got the last one in Ann Arbor, MI at $34.50 Also picked up Perfect Dark for N64, Virtua Tennis for GBA, and Marble Master for PSX for $2-$3 a piece.

That's one hell of a price drop. Not that I'm offending anyone, but good luck trying to get that user to get anyone LCD screens. Registered Sept 2003 and 3 posts? The pattern doesn't really fit.

I will gladly pay up to $30 for one if someone has extras. I'm going to be taking a rather long (~12 hour) trip here in a couple weeks or so, and I would love to have one of these to hookup to my PSOne. If someone is able to help me out, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks.

[quote name='RELmajor03']Does anyone have any leads on these in the NY/NJ area (preferably Manhattan)?[/quote]

I'll check mine in Bay Shore... but I think there's one off the Belt Parkway that you might want to check out.

bread's done
Back