PSP dying? Lack of PSP games 2 Ds games coming in 2008

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
just looked at gamefly quick to see what is coming

PSP has only 20 games listed untill Halloween (only about 1 game looking forward to)

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1
World Championship Cards ( expect it to be cancelled pushed back 6 times already )

Ds has like 75 games listed. (about 16 games looking forward to)

Sega Superstars Tennis
Lost in Blue 3
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword
Harvest Moon DS Cute
Rondo of Swords
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
World Ends With You
River King: Mystic Valley
Toy Shop
Drone Tactics
Paws & Claws: Pet Vet Healing Hands
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire
Gauntlet
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness
Cake Mania 2
Mazes of Fate 2

Hopefully more PSP games get listed or is the PSP just loosing support

Whats up with the lack of support for the PSP???

Psp has been selling GREAT 9at least in Japan)...even outsold the ds, and Wii at least 1 if not a couple weeks in a row. Piracy seems to be hurting it lately.

I have both, so it doesn't really matter. If this is the year the PSP dies, fine, I have plenty of great games that the system has to offer.

I'm almost certain the DS will still be supported strong into 2011.

I didn't buy my PSP exclusively for games, I wanted a device that I could play music and watch videos on. In other words, I don't care if it does die in terms of games.

[quote name='slidecage']
Ds has like 75 games listed. (about 16 games looking forward to)[/quote]

Exactly. Shit is just heaped on the DS month after month.
I can't think of a single game I'm interested in for the DS now that Professor Layton is out.

PSP is quality over quantity.

You can't seriously be asking this question. It's not going to die. It took a while to get some legs, but it's running stable and straight now.

Also, Neph, there's more Laytons coming out.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Exactly. Shit is just heaped on the DS month after month.
I can't think of a single game I'm interested in for the DS now that Professor Layton is out.

PSP is quality over quantity.[/quote]

And if those are the 16...

PSP is also getting
R-Type Command
Lego Indiana Jones
Warriors Orochi

There is probably enough times for a few more games to get announce.

The DS is easier and likely cheaper to develop for, so naturally developers are going to flock to it. Two completely different audiences if you ask me. The DS i see as kiddie games and i used to have a DS Lite so seeing all the kiddie games coming out just didn't impress me. The PSP...great graphics, sound, the widescreen looks amazing when watching movies. The fact that the PSP can now (with the full 333 MHz) compete with the PS2 in graphics...and it's only a handheld, that's just awesome.

[quote name='nectarsis1']Psp has been selling GREAT 9at least in Japan)...even outsold the ds, and Wii at least 1 if not a couple weeks in a row. Piracy seems to be hurting it lately.[/quote]

I think that at this point, everyone already has a DS in Japan.:lol:

For what it's worth, the quartermann rumor column in the most recent EGM stated that all the big Japanese 3rd parties (Konami, Capcom, SquareEnix specifically mentioned) are on the verge of announcing major new titles for the PSP. The system certainly has had respectable sales since the slim version was released last year, especially in Japan.

[quote name='primetime']And if those are the 16...[/QUOTE]

of the game listed the ones i probally end up buying

Rondo of Swords
World Ends With You

compair to just

C.Core for the PSP

BUT as long as more games are coming im happy.

Was just wondering why so few PSP games compair to Ds not really trying to start a system war here Just a basic question

The DS isn't easier or cheaper to develop for. It's more like the games that the DS can handle are easier and cheaper to develop (mainly 2D stuff).

The DS doesn't have all that good hardware inside, so unlike the PSP there isn't as much expectation to use 3D graphics and other fancy features.

I think Sony would be smart to have someone make a bunch of simple 2d games for the PSP, really cheap to develop, yet having good gameplay and release them at the $25-$30 price point.

Don't forget we should at least see Star Ocean First Departure this year, and maybe hopefully please oh please Star Ocean Second Evolution.

cant believe i left out Secret Agent Clank, coming in June.

the psp has a bunch of japanese games waiting to be localize. Tales of Rebirth, Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, Valhalla Knights 2, etc.

[quote name='62t']cant believe i left out Secret Agent Clank, coming in June.

the psp has a bunch of japanese games waiting to be localize. Tales of Rebirth, Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, Valhalla Knights 2, etc.[/quote]

Eagerly awaiting for Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G and Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 to be localized.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I wouldn't hold your breath for 2G. I'm excited for that Steambot battle arena game but I'm guessing it won't make it stateside.[/QUOTE]

dont give up as we did get Blokus Portable: Steambot Championship. (although it got an ugly cover)

I love my PSP, but the games are definitely drying up. After Crisis Core there's nothing I want until Space Invaders Extreme. Somebody needs to announce something already. Preferably the Star Ocean ports.

[quote name='coolz481']For what it's worth, the quartermann rumor column in the most recent EGM stated that all the big Japanese 3rd parties (Konami, Capcom, SquareEnix specifically mentioned) are on the verge of announcing major new titles for the PSP. The system certainly has had respectable sales since the slim version was released last year, especially in Japan.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I read that in EGM too. I can't wait to see what the PSP will be getting!

I for one am happy that we will have a drought for a while after FF CC.

My wallet will be able to rest + play some good quality RPG games on my PSP!

I will say I’ve bought more games in that last year for the PSP than DS. I bought Zelda for DS and really can’t think of any other game I bought last year. For the PSP, I bought Ratchet, Castlevania, GoW, Wipeout, Patapon and I’m sure at least a couple others.

Looking at the OP list, I don’t see a single game between either system I want.

PSP will still have games coming. I remember the future release list looking like nothing for Q1-Q2 08, but it ended up doing well.

Although some devs aren't going to support PSP the way they use to because of the high piracy causing low game sales, but it's still sticking around.

This isn't really a good thread slidecage.
[quote name='primetime']And if those are the 16...[/QUOTE]

Many PSP games are quality, so I'm happy.

[quote name='SynGamer']The DS is easier and likely cheaper to develop for, so naturally developers are going to flock to it. Two completely different audiences if you ask me. The DS i see as kiddie games and i used to have a DS Lite so seeing all the kiddie games coming out just didn't impress me. The PSP...great graphics, sound, the widescreen looks amazing when watching movies. The fact that the PSP can now (with the full 333 MHz) compete with the PS2 in graphics...and it's only a handheld, that's just awesome.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing this yet I see mostly adults playing the DS and kids playing the PSP. I don't buy the Nintendo kiddie stuff at all.

I have both so this isn't really a big deal for me. I don't see the PSP going anywhere and IMO that's a good thing. Competition makes it better for all of us.

I just hope that there will be more PSP / PS3 functionality coming down the pike. I know there was mention of being able to play your PS3 games (even though without Remote Play) via the PSP but nothing has been revealed as of yet. Hopefully the PSP gets some love from E3 this year because it's been a while since mine's been turned on (though I have been wanting to get back to some Wipeout Pure).

Either way, she'll get turned on come March 25th.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I just hope that there will be more PSP / PS3 functionality coming down the pike. I know there was mention of being able to play your PS3 games (even though without Remote Play) via the PSP but nothing has been revealed as of yet. Hopefully the PSP gets some love from E3 this year because it's been a while since mine's been turned on (though I have been wanting to get back to some Wipeout Pure).

Either way, she'll get turned on come March 25th.[/QUOTE]Yeah, Sony plans to continue adding functionality such as watching a blu-ray disc on the PSP (should be there by 2009). I can't wait. :D

meh, both systems are great. im actually going to buy a psp slim this week. and i dont think id say its dying, the psp has two of the biggest, if not the biggest, titles released for it thus far in god of war & crisis core. (which happen to be the two biggest reasons im getting a pspslim).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
This isn't really a good thread slidecage.

[/QUOTE]

are they ever with slidecage?

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Exactly. Shit is just heaped on the DS month after month.

PSP is quality over quantity.[/quote]

Did you really read what you posted before you did so?

The psp is overridden with shitty games, shitty ports, and shitty ports of shitty games. Sure, there are some good ones, but to say the shitty games heap up on the DS and the psp has more quality over quantity is :rofl:

I am not worried about the number of upcoming games for the PSP.

I have both systems and the last DS game I got was Zelda. Although it is true that a lot of DS games are crappy and either are made after a movie or end with a 'z', you can find a lot of junk on the PSP as well.

The psp is overridden with shitty games, shitty ports, and shitty ports of shitty games. Sure, there are some good ones, but to say the shitty games heap up on the DS and the psp has more quality over quantity is :rofl:
I'm sure they both have their share of awful releases, but the DS is full of titles like Imagine Babyz, Petz: Horsez 2, and several other games of that ilk, while the PSP is... well, somewhat lacking in that respect. ;)

Personally, I'm hoping for a fairly dry year on both systems, since I just picked up a PSP and a bunch of games for it a couple weeks ago, exhausted my entertainment budget in the process, and now can't allow myself to spend money on anything that isn't a basic necessity for the next six months. And, though I'd like to believe otherwise, neither my DS nor my PSP counts as a basic necessity.

[quote name='SL4IN']Did you really read what you posted before you did so?

The psp is overridden with shitty games, shitty ports, and shitty ports of shitty games. Sure, there are some good ones, but to say the shitty games heap up on the DS and the psp has more quality over quantity is :rofl:[/quote]

936118_81063_front.jpg

c.gif

I'm sorry, I forgot - aren't we all gamers here?

If that's the case, then why would anyone use the shovelware on any system as a valid argument against it?

You can't sit there and pride yourselves on being enlightened and looking out for all the hidden gems and polished beauties on a system, and then cry foul when a comparable/rival system gets a lot of crap.

It's like saying a movie theater with 24 screens is worse than one with 8 since it most likely is playing one shitty movie on two screens instead of one.

Sega Superstars Tennis
Lost in Blue 3
Harvest Moon DS Cute
Rondo of Swords
World Ends With You
Toy Shop
Drone Tactics

Gauntlet
Cake Mania 2
Mazes of Fate 2

Im sorry but I am only interested in one game on the DS that you have listed. I use to have a Nintendo DS as I got it for Nintendo games but I ended up not liking it becuase most of the games I was interested in turned out to be crap.

I don't think it's going to die. I have both systems and I think the PSP is superior to the DS even though I've had the DS longer. Even if people don't game on it, it also serves as a media player, and with locationfree out I think it will be around for a long time. The internet radio could be better, skype is cool, the PSP has a lot of potential.

[quote name='VAD3R or Fro'] Sega Superstars Tennis
Lost in Blue 3
Harvest Moon DS Cute
Rondo of Swords
World Ends With You
Toy Shop
Drone Tactics

Gauntlet
Cake Mania 2
Mazes of Fate 2

Im sorry but I am only interested in one game on the DS that you have listed. I use to have a Nintendo DS as I got it for Nintendo games but I ended up not liking it becuase most of the games I was interested in turned out to be crap.[/QUOTE]

Rondo of Swords really looking forward to this game. Looks like it might be a very good Fire emblem type game.

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution[/s] would loved to see this on the PSP . I wonder how bad the grapihics are going to look lik eon the ds. but the game should rock with touch screen controls.

mostly the only things i play are RPGS. Sadly after CC looks like PSP wont be getting anymore this entire year??

Yea, I don't think it's dying just because there are few games that interest you. I actually had to sell my PSP in January, and I'm seriously regretting it now, because things are looking so good. It's definitely at not dying.

People complaining about all the shovelware on DS: If you know it's crap, why should it bother you? You know how to avoid it, and unlike the Wii there's plenty of other good games you can buy.

That said, Crisis Core looks more interesting than all the DS games you just mentioned OP, and I only have a DS.

The psp is overridden with shitty games, shitty ports, and shitty ports of shitty games. Sure, there are some good ones, but to say the shitty games heap up on the DS and the psp has more quality over quantity is :rofl:[/quote]

Don't try to level with a douche bag, you will just end up smelling like a dirty vadge. The DS is my main gaming console on the go. The PSP is ok and there are a few good games on the PSP that I want that I don't own, but mostly I could careless about it. Every year that passes, there is less and less games I want on the PSP and it does seem there are less games coming out for the PSP lately. I am not worried though, I have enough on my plate as it is.

The psp is overridden with shitty games, shitty ports, and shitty ports of shitty games. Sure, there are some good ones, but to say the shitty games heap up on the DS and the psp has more quality over quantity is :rofl:[/QUOTE]

LOL, whut? Seriously go to any game store and compare the number of games for the DS that end in"z" like "Bratz" or "Horsez" to the number of similar games for the PSP and then come back and tell me the DS is better at quality over quantity.

[quote name='rainking187']LOL, whut? Seriously go to any game store and compare the number of games for the DS that end in"z" like "Bratz" or "Horsez" to the number of similar games for the PSP and then come back and tell me the DS is better at quality over quantity.[/quote]

Yeah, awesome systems never have shovelware. :roll:

[quote name='Kendal']Yeah, awesome systems never have shovelware. :roll:[/QUOTE]

That's sort of the point. There seems to be an outrageous number of horrendus titles on the DS. They outnumber the decent ones by quite a bit. The PSP has lots of great games with significantly less shovelware. They really should bring back the Nintendo seal of quality.

[quote name='rainking187']That's sort of the point. There seems to be an outrageous number of horrendus titles on the DS. They outnumber the decent ones by quite a bit. The PSP has lots of great games with significantly less shovelware. They really should bring back the Nintendo seal of quality.[/quote]

No you're missing the point. He was being sarcastic. Look at the PS1 and PS2. Not everything there was triple A. Besides is it that hard to ignore the crap?

[quote name='DQT']No you're missing the point. He was being sarcastic. Look at the PS1 and PS2. Not everything there was triple A. Besides is it that hard to ignore the crap?[/QUOTE]

When I have to dig through stacks of Animalz games to try to find something even halfway decent to play then yes, it's a little hard to ignore.

[quote name='rainking187']When I have to dig through stacks of Animalz games to try to find something even halfway decent to play then yes, it's a little hard to ignore.[/quote]

And when I have to dig through piles of a movie media format that has flopped and no longer supported at my local game store to find a decent title for the psp is a little hard to ignore ;)

bread's done
Back