PSP Slim Redesign

[quote name='Rocko']...I have a dead/stuck pixel. ;_;[/QUOTE]

that with controlls that may be off, i think you should exchange!

[quote name='Milkyman']that with controlls that may be off, i think you should exchange![/quote]

I was considering it, but the pixel is really barely noticeable. I'll consider contacting Sony if it gets worse.

My Daxter bundle shipped! Yay!

Anyway, for those of you who are upgrading, I got a coupon for GS in my email. Gives an extra $20 when you trade in your PSP.

[quote name='Rocko']...I have a dead/stuck pixel. ;_;[/QUOTE]
My silver slim has a stuck pixel too. Only one from what I can tell, and it's light blue so it's not too noticeable. This is a gorgeous system, I love the looks of it. So far I've only played a little Lumines II and watched one episode of Family Guy. I spent about an hour trying to get it to connect to my router, and I finally rebooted the router and then it connected fine. So far my only complaint is the volume isn't as loud as I'd like it to be. Might just be a limitation of the tiny speakers though.

[quote name='redline']My silver slim has a stuck pixel too. Only one from what I can tell, and it's light blue so it's not too noticeable. This is a gorgeous system, I love the looks of it. So far I've only played a little Lumines II and watched one episode of Family Guy. I spent about an hour trying to get it to connect to my router, and I finally rebooted the router and then it connected fine. So far my only complaint is the volume isn't as loud as I'd like it to be. Might just be a limitation of the tiny speakers though.[/quote]

Yeah, I love it as well. Is this your first PSP system?

I thought the volume was low as well while watching a Family Guy episode, but in Megaman Powered Up I actually turn it down.

[quote name='Rocko']Yeah, I love it as well. Is this your first PSP system?

I thought the volume was low as well while watching a Family Guy episode, but in Megaman Powered Up I actually turn it down.[/quote]

I noticed that problem with my old PSP phat. Seemed like the movie volume was low but the game volume was loud.

There's an option to make movie volume higher in the menu. Hit triangle while a movie is playing and look for the volume option. You can set it there.

Awesome! Got BB to price match the bundle this morning! I'm not overly thrilled with the color but I couldn't pass up on getting it $30 off!

Has anything been mentioned about games only working on the new design down the road? I wouldn't think that would happen, but Sony has done crazier things in the past. I have a PSP already just want to make sure that, for example, later firmwares won't be only for the light.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Has anything been mentioned about games only working on the new design down the road? I wouldn't think that would happen, but Sony has done crazier things in the past. I have a PSP already just want to make sure that, for example, later firmwares won't be only for the light.[/QUOTE]

If Sony did have such plans, theres no way they would tell you in advance.
It wouldn't make sense though to do this and cut out the owners of the original psp. If they were going to do that they should have just gone and added a second analog nub.

[quote name='Rocko']Yeah, I love it as well. Is this your first PSP system?

I thought the volume was low as well while watching a Family Guy episode, but in Megaman Powered Up I actually turn it down.[/QUOTE]
Yep this is my first PSP system, not to mention my first Playstation system ever. I'm not an early adopter, I tend to wait for a redesign and price drop for electronics. I didn't really get into the GBA until the backlit SP came out two years ago. :lol:

[quote name='redline']Yep this is my first PSP system, not to mention my first Playstation system ever. I'm not an early adopter, I tend to wait for a redesign and price drop for electronics. I didn't really get into the GBA until the backlit SP came out two years ago. :lol:[/quote]

It's my first PSP as well. I'm blown away.

I was able to get an empty PSP case from my firendly neighborhood gamestop. Anyone know where I can find a full Daxter label to printout??

Wow I'm a little unsettled after hearing about all the reports of dead pixels... I hope the FF7 PSP I ordered doesn't come with any dead pixels; it's not like I'll be able to exchange it. =(

[quote name='BladeZ']I was able to get an empty PSP case from my firendly neighborhood gamestop. Anyone know where I can find a full Daxter label to printout??[/QUOTE]

http://www.cdcovers.cc/

Just checked and they do actually have a Daxter cover available.

[quote name='jling84']Wow I'm a little unsettled after hearing about all the reports of dead pixels... I hope the FF7 PSP I ordered doesn't come with any dead pixels; it's not like I'll be able to exchange it. =([/QUOTE]
You're pretty much not going to find a PSP without 1 or 2 dead pixels. It's not a big deal. 99% of the time you never notice it.

This is my second PSP. I have a Ceramic White Japanese PSP (running 3.40 OE-A) and now a (pretty ugly) Ice Silver PSP Slim. I've gotten lucky and have had no dead pixels on either one of them. There's a few things I'd like to say about the differences between the two:

1) The weight difference is incredible.
2) Has anyone else noticed the increased brightness in the screen? It's obviously not the same screen, but maybe my old PSP just wasn't that bright...

[quote name='Rocko']Ugly? :whistle2:k[/quote]
Yeah, ugly. Impulse buy. Should have just waited to import a white one since I already have Daxter and a 2 gig stick (+a 256MB one). I think the silver looks cheap. I like the system though. I'll buy a replacement shell when they start making them.

This is my first portable since the GBA years ago and I'm blown away at how slick everything looks. Haven't used it for very long though, since I don't like platformers so Daxter was kind of boring for the first 20 minutes (the graphics were great though). Plus I only watched Family guy for a minute or two just to see how it looked. I'm waiting to get a couple of cheap PSP games later, but I can't wait to try it out some more.

Also I didn't notice any dead pixels when I used the PSP.

[quote name='GizmoGC']That would be awesome. I would sell my current modded PSP and buy the slim in a heartbeat. Wonder if the Component cables would work for the emulators though? Time will tell...[/quote]

I'm sure they would. Question would really be, full screen or letterboxed?

[quote name='ksuwild25']You're not the only one. I think it looks pretty nice as well.[/QUOTE]

I concur, the ice silver looks nice. Plus, fingerprints aren't as apparent on the silver surface.

The silver is okay. If I thought I'd find a better/equal deal than the 169.99 PMed Daxter bundle, I wouldn't have bitten but seeing as how I didn't own Daxter and enjoy Family Guy (but don't own any of the UMDs/DVDs), I can overlook the color.

I generally play my portable systems in the dark before I go to bed anyways so it's not like I can see the color most of the time.

I really don't like the color, but I can live with it. It's looks more like glitter to me, and the texture of the system feels kinda cheap. I can't wait to get some cables so I can plug it into a TV.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Are the cables for sale anywhere?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has them for preorder for just $15.

I was planning on getting the black but now I want the white. I agree that white has become the new black and the white PSP now appeals to me more. I'm hoping the white slim gets the core treatment and without the Vader on the battery plate. And is it just me but are most people not really into the white PSP? Either way it's cool I guess, I wouldn't mind being the only one with a white Slim.

I apologize if this has been covered previously, but I have a question about the new design's compatibility with older accessories.

I was at Toys R Us earlier and they had the official Sony battery recharger for the original model on clearance. Would the slim design's battery pack fit into this charger? or is there new accessories coming soon?

The battery should fit. The old version's battery fits in the slim and is usable, it just sticks out a bit so you can't put the cover on (special covers coming soon).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Still waiting for piano black... I don't like any of the other colors in all honesty but can see the appeal.

Any impressions on playing games on an HDTV? pics?[/quote]

Don't have the cables or an HDTV, but there's a thread @ neo-gaf that has a bunch of pics:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187547&page=4

[quote name='AndrewCP']I was planning on getting the black but now I want the white. I agree that white has become the new black and the white PSP now appeals to me more. I'm hoping the white slim gets the core treatment and without the Vader on the battery plate. And is it just me but are most people not really into the white PSP? Either way it's cool I guess, I wouldn't mind being the only one with a white Slim.[/quote]

White was the whole reason I imported my first PSP. I guess I'll probably just buy a faceplate kit on this one if they ever come out (the silver is cheap looking and ugly).

[quote name='terribledeli']I apologize if this has been covered previously, but I have a question about the new design's compatibility with older accessories.

I was at Toys R Us earlier and they had the official Sony battery recharger for the original model on clearance. Would the slim design's battery pack fit into this charger? or is there new accessories coming soon?[/quote]

I heard that kind of charger will not work with the slim's battery. Standard chargers that plug in to the bottom of the PSP itself still work.

[quote name='yoursisterspretty']
I heard that kind of charger will not work with the slim's battery. Standard chargers that plug in to the bottom of the PSP itself still work.[/quote]

Aw gay. I was depending on this.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Aw gay. I was depending on this.[/quote]

I forget where I read that at. But I just compared the two batteries and the notches on the battery itself are not the same. I'm assuming Sony purposely did this for whatver reason. Obviously the batteries are foward-compatibility but not backwards.

There is a little sheet included with the package that says these items don't work with the new PSP:

headphone remote
wall charger
normal-size battery
large-size battery

So although some places mentioned they'd be offering some extra cover to fit the bigger batteries... I wouldn't hold my breath, since they pretty much just say "nope, not compatible" right there on the sheet. :cry:

[quote name='takotchi']There is a little sheet included with the package that says these items don't work with the new PSP:
wall charger
normal-size battery
large-size battery
[/quote]
damnit

edit: now that i think about it, all caps isn't as funny as lowercase. not that it's even that funny to begin with.

Anyone see the Piano Black model in stores yet?

At E3 Sony said it was releasing on the 10th

Only Amazon is listing it... and for a Sept 24 release date. Amazon is usually wrong on dates though in my experience.

[quote name='takotchi']There is a little sheet included with the package that says these items don't work with the new PSP:

headphone remote
wall charger
normal-size battery
large-size battery

So although some places mentioned they'd be offering some extra cover to fit the bigger batteries... I wouldn't hold my breath, since they pretty much just say "nope, not compatible" right there on the sheet. :cry:[/quote]

The batteries do work, despite the slight difference in the notches, and do require a different battery cover than the one supplied with the console.

This cover isn't available yet, as far as I know, though.

I know they fit; my point was, since they decided to put this sheet in with all the new PSPs, I'm assuming there won't be a new cover (in the US at least) because their stance is it's not officially "compatible". :roll:

Or they could just being saying that since out of the box it isn't compatible. Not that there will never be another cover. I could swear Sony already confirmed there would be. Wasn't it stated at E3?

bread's done
Back