Purchase Red Dead Redemption from Gamestop.com and recieve $10 off future purchase

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just saw that gamestop.com updated their Red Dead Redemption page, now when you purchase it online you get a future $10 gift card for online use only (which honestly are a pain in the ass as you can't use any other deal with them). BUT, a little extra incentive if you haven't preordered yet to get the special edition at regular price, here's the link:

Xbox 360: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74710
PS3: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74711

All in all, if you use 15NEW you can get the Gamestop Exclusive Special Edition of Red Dead Redemption for $51 (or $45 with 25off with over $100) and get:

• The Game
  • The Soundtrack
  • Deadly Assassin Outfit
  • Exclusive Challenges
  • $10 off future purchase

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']What happens if you preorder a game before they start to offer preordering bonuses? Will they end up giving you the the added preordering bonus or are you screwed? I'm thinking about preordering dead rising 2.[/QUOTE]

I just called today regarding this same issue. I ordered Super Mario Galaxy awhile back ($37.95 w/ 25OFF) before the $20 bonus coupon. They told me it was already attached to my account and would get it when the game ships.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']The "15NEW" coupon isn't working when I apply it to a Preorder for Red Dead Redemption...[/QUOTE]

15NEW doesn't work for pre-orders. If you've got anything else to pre-order that will get you over the $100 mark, use 25OFF (it's a better deal anyway).

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']The "15NEW" coupon isn't working when I apply it to a Preorder for Red Dead Redemption...[/QUOTE]

I don't think 15NEW works for pre-orders anymore. If you have something else you can order/pre-order with it to get it over $100, use 25OFF (it's a better deal anyway). As of this past weekend anyway, 25OFF still worked for pre-orders for me.

I'd prefer Amazon for this, but Gamestop does say that its the limited/special edition they have (with the soundtrack and extra challenges), so it makes me wonder what I should go with,

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I also just noticed that Amazon offers a $10 credit for Alan Wake...wish Gamestop would jump on this as well...[/QUOTE]

Well, there you go . . . Order RDR and Alan Wake with 25OFF. $15 off on Alan Wake now (or $20 off if you go for the LE), along with $15 off on RDR (and the $10 coupon that comes with RDR), beats a $10 credit by far anyway.

Anyone know if ALL versions of RDR is going to be the "Limited Edition" at Gamestop.

I want the game the day of release but I dont feel like paying $10 for shipping so I was wondering if I could buy it in store on the 18th then when I get my copy I got for cheaper online I just return that one and get the $60 back I paid in store? But yeah if they all are not the limited edition that would defeat the purpose.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Anyone know if ALL versions of RDR is going to be the "Limited Edition" at Gamestop.

I want the game the day of release but I dont feel like paying $10 for shipping so I was wondering if I could buy it in store on the 18th then when I get my copy I got for cheaper online I just return that one and get the $60 back I paid in store? But yeah if they all are not the limited edition that would defeat the purpose.[/QUOTE]

Well, the site says "pre-order to get the special edition" -- so I think it's reasonably safe to assume that if you pre-order, you'll get it. Beyond that, who knows. My guess would be that probably the first batch of them that they're getting will be the special edition, and then it will revert back to the regular after that. It's hard to say -- how many of the special edition will be available after it comes out will probably depend entirely on how many pre-orders they get.

Just to be safe, if you plan to pick it up in-store, you probably ought to do an in-store pre-order for it.

Though geez, I don't understand that much effort for "day of release" -- with my backlog, it's usually several weeks until I get around to playing a new game anyway (and then only if I want to play it badly enough to bump it up the list).

i was going to order this game but seem like the 25% off doesnt apply to in store pick up on release but only shipping from online which take like 5~10 days which suck...

I'm trying hard to wait until this hits below $40 but GS and Amazon are making it tough on me. I might have to preorder in the next 2 weeks.

[quote name='arcane93']Well, the site says "pre-order to get the special edition" -- so I think it's reasonably safe to assume that if you pre-order, you'll get it. Beyond that, who knows. My guess would be that probably the first batch of them that they're getting will be the special edition, and then it will revert back to the regular after that. It's hard to say -- how many of the special edition will be available after it comes out will probably depend entirely on how many pre-orders they get.

Just to be safe, if you plan to pick it up in-store, you probably ought to do an in-store pre-order for it.

Though geez, I don't understand that much effort for "day of release" -- with my backlog, it's usually several weeks until I get around to playing a new game anyway (and then only if I want to play it badly enough to bump it up the list).[/QUOTE]

Hm, that is what I thought too. Well, yes like all of us here at CAG my backlog is well into the double digits but I am heading back home for the summer starting the 16th and that is the one game I have been looking forward to playing. So we shall see what I end up doing about it.

I know someone else besides me is evil so I'm just going to ask. If I pre-order one of these $10 or $20 credit games for the code, can't I just return the game in-store and use the code for another game? O:)

Well I finally placed my order, thanks OP. I had a giftcard which apparently only had $60 some dollars, though I swore it had more. I removed the giftcard and put it back on and it registered as having $97.xx! I knew there was more on that card. I was happy. It paid off my games in full.

I ordered Red Dead Redemption and Lost Planet 2 with 25OFF and free saver shipping for a total of $96.28

This will be a pleasant gift to myself for my birthday and celebration of the start of summer!

anyone else having problems with the 15NEW not working anymore? It says it's applied but it's not taking anything off the order

Yeah, I was just about to pre-order using the 15NEW code and it says it's activated but it's not being reflected in the actual price of the order. It worked before, not sure what's up /sigh

Edit: Looks like animeomega is right. I canceled it all and tried again from the beginning but now it's saying that it doesn't apply to pre-orders. Guess they changed it.

They no longer have the special edition pre-order bonus advertised on the red dead redemption page. I am assuming that if we have pre ordered all ready we will still recieve it?

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']They no longer have the special edition pre-order bonus advertised on the red dead redemption page. I am assuming that if we have pre ordered all ready we will still recieve it?[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Yeah, if you've pre-ordered already, you should be good. But it looks like this thing might be somewhat rare. Cool.

I preordered my copy yesterday and the guys there (really cool managers who I talk to a lot) said that I WOULD get the soundtrack and other bonuses by preordering.

I really think it comes down to a first come, first serve basis. I think they'll get a specific number of 'Special Editions' in, and those will go to preorders first. So say they get 10 LE copies, and there are 15 preorders...well the first 10 people to come pick theirs up are probably going to get LE, the others are S.O.L. for now.

I for one will be picking it up at the midnight release to guarantee me getting one ;)

[quote name='jcp42877']I really think it comes down to a first come, first serve basis. I think they'll get a specific number of 'Special Editions' in, and those will go to preorders first. So say they get 10 LE copies, and there are 15 preorders...well the first 10 people to come pick theirs up are probably going to get LE, the others are S.O.L. for now.[/QUOTE]

It honestly had better not be on a "first come, first serve" basis -- I was promised a "special edition" copy when I placed my pre-order, and I expect to receive it regardless of when I get it. Fortunately I ordered through the website so it shouldn't be a problem, but shit like this is precisely why I won't pre-order at a store, regardless of how good the pre-order offer is.

[quote name='toxicinzanity']NOW this is possibly because i am an idiot but is there a 25OFF coupon for one game or is it the 25OFF coupon for buying 2 games?[/QUOTE]

The 25OFF coupon is for an order of $100 or more -- since there are very few games that are over $100, it is essentially for two or more (however many it takes to reach $100). Once you meet that requirement, it takes 25% off the entire order, regardless of how many games are on it.

That being said, it looks like 25OFF is dead. I tried using it a couple of hours ago and got a message saying that it's not a valid coupon.

[quote name='arcane93']The 25OFF coupon is for an order of $100 or more -- since there are very few games that are over $100, it is essentially for two or more (however many it takes to reach $100). Once you meet that requirement, it takes 25% off the entire order, regardless of how many games are on it.

That being said, it looks like 25OFF is dead. I tried using it a couple of hours ago and got a message saying that it's not a valid coupon.[/QUOTE]

there doing 25deal now but apparently you cannot get the red dead redemption special edition any more.

[quote name='toxicinzanity']there doing 25deal now but apparently you cannot get the red dead redemption special edition any more.[/QUOTE]

25DEAL also only works on in-stock items, so you wouldn't be able to get it anyway. 25OFF was the one that worked with pre-orders.

[quote name='arcane93']It honestly had better not be on a "first come, first serve" basis -- I was promised a "special edition" copy when I placed my pre-order, and I expect to receive it regardless of when I get it. Fortunately I ordered through the website so it shouldn't be a problem, but shit like this is precisely why I won't pre-order at a store, regardless of how good the pre-order offer is.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm kind of worried about this. I pre-ordered weeks ago online, and it said it was the special edition with the soundtrack and oufit, but I'm picking it up in store rather than having it shipped. I wonder if this means I could miss out on getting the SE after all.

I guess it's not a huge deal but I'll be kind of ticked off if I don't get what I pre-ordered.

Out of curiosity (and due to the fact I haven't preordered anything from GS in ages), does anyone know when preorders typically ship (those destined for release day shipping) and when cards are charged?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Out of curiosity (and due to the fact I haven't preordered anything from GS in ages), does anyone know when preorders typically ship (those destined for release day shipping) and when cards are charged?[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for release day shipping, but my pre-orders with standard shipping seem to go out either the day before the release date or on the release date. They charge your card when the item ships.

Yeah when i had ordered Splinter Cell it was shipped the day of, and arrived like 2-3 days after that. It was surprisingly fast for free shipping.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Wow Gamestop actually competing for my business over Amazon. Wasn't sure that was possible.

Ordered Red Dead Redemption and Mario Galaxy 2 for $88.46 total after 25OFF code plus will get a nice $30 in credit.[/QUOTE]

I checked the link and this is the gimped version. GameStop originally offered a limited edition with soundtrack and bonuses, with custom packaging. It seems it is no longer offered.

[quote name='arcane93']It honestly had better not be on a "first come, first serve" basis -- I was promised a "special edition" copy when I placed my pre-order, and I expect to receive it regardless of when I get it. Fortunately I ordered through the website so it shouldn't be a problem, but shit like this is precisely why I won't pre-order at a store, regardless of how good the pre-order offer is.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I hope it works out for you, but then again my theory could be TOTALLY the opposite. For instance; they may get 15 preorders and get in 20 SE copies (seems pointless since they already know how many preorders they had). So now the 15 people come and pick up their game and they are left with 5 SE copies left. Well those 5 may go to random customers who just walk in on release day or a few days after and say "i want RDR". Meaning they get the bonuses that everyone else had to preorder for, for free. Not exactly fair, but I myself have been in this spot before and was very grateful :)

I just wish that "special" preorder copies would actually be rare for a change, ya know?

I pre-ordered several weeks ago and choose the 3 day shipping. I saw a charge pending on my bank's website last night. So, hopefully it shipped yesterday or today.

As far as whether or not we'll get the special edition, I think everyone will get the LE. GameStop won't even get any normal versions in for a week or two. This is only my opinion and I got hosed when I ordered BF:BC2 LE from their site three weeks after launch. My receipt cleared said Limited Edition, but they ran out and shipped the newer, non-LE version.

I've been torn between preordering this between GS.com or Amazon.

The preorder bonus is nice from gs.com but $20 game credit is nice too.

Decisions, decisions. Any input from anyone else who's torn or has already made the decision on where to preorder from?

[quote name='def PD']I've been torn between preordering this between GS.com or Amazon.

The preorder bonus is nice from gs.com but $20 game credit is nice too.

Decisions, decisions. Any input from anyone else who's torn or has already made the decision on where to preorder from?[/QUOTE]

I thought about canceling my GS preorder of RDR but I remember that I used some coupon (probably dead now). I am going to get RDR and SMG2 for $89 (I used credit) plus the $30 coupons to use later.

If you can get some coupon to make it cheaper, go with Gamestop.

The preorder bonus from GS, you can unlock in the game. Also, the preorder bonuses Assassins Outfit and War Horse CANNOT be used in Multiplayer. There are Golden Guns but whether they do anything or are just visual in MP is unknown.

If I hadnt preordered from GS and gotten a good deal off it, then I would go with the 20$ credit from Amazon.

So I got my package in today....then I got a SECOND package with the same UPS number on it. Turns out Gamestop sent me TWO copies for the one copy of Red Dead I ordered, score!

[quote name='Sharkey1337']So I got my package in today....then I got a SECOND package with the same UPS number on it. Turns out Gamestop sent me TWO copies for the one copy of Red Dead I ordered, score![/QUOTE]

Score! Just make sure to check your card in order to see if they charge you twice.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Score! Just make sure to check your card in order to see if they charge you twice.[/QUOTE]

First thing I did, then I checked gamestop.com in my orders and made sure I only had the one. So somehow they messed up and sent me two copies:bouncy:

I got the GS one whereas my friend got the Amazon one. BOTH will give you the soundtrack...it's a downloadable one. Also, I haven't checked the Amazon one, but the GS one, once unlocked, does not give you the outfit right away but rather, you have to work for it so I'm unsure how it'll play out.

[quote name='blahtastic']I got the GS one whereas my friend got the Amazon one. BOTH will give you the soundtrack...it's a downloadable one. Also, I haven't checked the Amazon one, but the GS one, once unlocked, does not give you the outfit right away but rather, you have to work for it so I'm unsure how it'll play out.[/QUOTE]
You mean you were able to key in your Golden Gun code in the RDR soundtrack redemption website and received an email with the link to download the soundtrack???

bread's done
Back