Purchase Toy Story and get a free ticket to Toy Story 3

This may apply to all copies from all retailers since on the promotion page it states the details are packaged inside the DVD's/Blu-Ray's themselves. We'll have to wait and see! At least Amazon has details about it up already!

I'm going to wait for the possible $10 coupon and potentially a BB steelbook too. The tickets will most likely be included with those too.

With the extra $10 off for purchasing both together you get both movies plus 2 tickets for a total of $40. Nice deal. If only I knew now which theaters the tickets were good at. Far too often these tickets have no qualifying theaters around me.

[quote name='blu_yu_away']With the extra $10 off for purchasing both together you get both movies plus 2 tickets for a total of $40. Nice deal. If only I knew now which theaters the tickets were good at. Far too often these tickets have no qualifying theaters around me.[/QUOTE]

In the past Disney has used Hollywood Movie Money as their promotion partner for these types of tickets I think you can find a theatre locator on their site that lists which theatres take their promo tickets....

http://www.hollywoodmoviemoney.com/

Another thing to note is that they're doing a Snow White approach on the packaging, so it's a combo BR/DVD/DC version, though one in BR-sized packaging and one in DVD-sized packaging.

Since Amazon mentions that they won't be sending the codes for the promotion, it's on the package:

Redemption information is packaged inside the DVD or Blu-ray. Therefore, Movie cash will not arrive until your shipment arrives. You will not receive promotion information electronically from Amazon

This is definitely all retailers. It's packed in.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/13283566

The following content was provided by the publisher.

Toy Story 3 Movie Ticket* Offer In Each Combo Pack
*Up to $8.50 at participating theaters. Offer valid 3/26/10 - 6/30/10, while supplies last. Void where prohibited. Good in U.S.A. only.

I don't know about you guys but 8.50 doesn't cover a 3D movie in my neck of the woods.

Too bad a 3D movie costs like $13 here, still it'll be a good discount. I'll definitely be getting both 1 and 2 and then have two tickets I plan on using at the midnight screening at my theater for the movie :)

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Too bad a 3D movie costs like $13 here, still it'll be a good discount. I'll definitely be getting both 1 and 2 and then have two tickets I plan on using at the midnight screening at my theater for the movie :)[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here.

[quote name='typical guy']
I don't know about you guys but 8.50 doesn't cover a 3D movie in my neck of the woods.​

[/QUOTE]
8.50 does not even cover the cost of a regular movie in my neck of the woods....

[quote name='fuss']8.50 does not even cover the cost of a regular movie in my neck of the woods....[/QUOTE]

A fellow SoCal resident--I feel your pain. A regular evening screening costs me $12-16. I had to watch Avatar 3D at 10 a.m. in the morning to get the "low" price of $15.

[quote name='rapsodist']A fellow SoCal resident--I feel your pain. A regular evening screening costs me $12-16. I had to watch Avatar 3D at 10 a.m. in the morning to get the "low" price of $15.[/QUOTE]

That's what matinee prices are for. I paid 14 per Avatar ticket at 10:30 where I am.

Im definitely getting toy story 1 and 2 on blu when they come out. The tickets would be a nice incentive If my buddy wasnt a manager and I didnt already get in every movie for free. I fear the day he quits. Movies are expensive!!

[quote name='BrownCracker']Im definitely getting toy story 1 and 2 on blu when they come out. The tickets would be a nice incentive If my buddy wasnt a manager and I didnt already get in every movie for free. I fear the day he quits. Movies are expensive!![/QUOTE]

I agree, movies are getting expensive. I remember paying $5 to watch movies in the movie theatre about 15 years ago, but then again at that time, minimum wage was $4.

[quote name='david12795']Noob question: but what the purpose of a steelbook?[/QUOTE]

No practical purpose. A steelbook is simply a nicer-looking case, that's all. They also tend to be limited. Collectors prefer them, for obvious reasons. For most people, a steelbook is probably not something they'd consider given the increase in price for what amounts to a prettier case.

[quote name='rapsodist']No practical purpose. A steelbook is simply a nicer-looking case, that's all. They also tend to be limited. Collectors prefer them, for obvious reasons. For most people, a steelbook is probably not something they'd consider given the increase in price for what amounts to a prettier case.[/QUOTE]

Really? I never seen them for some movies like Hangover or Zombieland. Or are steel books only released on certain movies?

[quote name='david12795']Really? I never seen them for some movies like Hangover or Zombieland. Or are steel books only released on certain movies?[/QUOTE]

I don't think the toy story movies are steelbooks.

I just looked at my order and it looks like you get an additional $10 off if you buy both movies. So, basically for $40, you get both toy story movies and two tickets. Awesome!!

Yeah, but the deal is better at Target.

$19.99 each, buy both get $10 off + $5 off coupons for each = $20 for both/$10 ea.

I'm also pretty sure that the free ticket will be offered everywhere...most likely on all first pressings of the discs.

[quote name='david12795']Really? I never seen them for some movies like Hangover or Zombieland. Or are steel books only released on certain movies?[/QUOTE]

Very few American releases get steelbooks. I don't know an exact number, but I would guess somewhere around 30 titles have gotten official steelbook releases in the U.S. They're more common overseas, so U.S. collectors pay even more to import these cases.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah, but the deal is better at Target.

$19.99 each, buy both get $10 off + $5 off coupons for each = $20 for both/$10 ea.

I'm also pretty sure that the free ticket will be offered everywhere...most likely on all first pressings of the discs.[/QUOTE]

How does one do this?

I'm curious about how one does it as well. I cannot find mention of any Toy Story coupons like the ones you are mentioning.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']How does one do this?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SX0T']I'm curious about how one does it as well. I cannot find mention of any Toy Story coupons like the ones you are mentioning.[/QUOTE]

here - whenever it goes live

Here is how to get $10 off coupons instead of just the $5 off coupons, you need a Disney Movie Rewards account though, they are free.

http://disney.go.com/disneymovierewards/tsupgrade/?cmp=dmov_dmr_url_tsupgrade

Log into DMR (join it if you haven't already), enter the UPC from a DVD (or this time, even VHS) copy of TS or TS2 as your "magic code", and get a $10 coupon.

UPCs from the most recent DVD editions:
Toy Story 1: 786936670332
Toy Story 2: 786936127683

The coupons are NOW LIVE. As with the $5 coupons, they are separate $10 coupons for TS and TS2; you need UPCs for both films to get links for both coupons. They have the same terms as the $5 coupons (except the expiration date is April 11), so if you buy both BDs you can use both coupons.

[quote name='obsrvit']can someone please show me where it is saying if you buy both you get $10 off?[/QUOTE]

Check out the Ads for Target, ToysRUs, or just search for Toy Story blu-ray on amazon. All of them are doing the $10 dollar off deal next week.

[quote name='reininop']Check out the Ads for Target, ToysRUs, or just search for Toy Story blu-ray on amazon. All of them are doing the $10 dollar off deal next week.[/QUOTE]

thanks.

So, I'll go to Target tomorrow to get both movies. They'll be priced at $22.99 each, so my total will be $45.98 plus tax. Because of the instant $10 off offer when you buy both, my total will be reduced to $35.98 plus tax. Then, since I'll have a printed out $5 off manufacturer's coupon from the Disney Magical Savings site for each movie, my total will be reduced to $25.98 plus tax. Then, because I own both of the movies on VHS, I can get an additional $10 off each movie when I go to the Disney Movie Rewards site, so I'll eventually only pay $5.98 plus tax for both movies. Then, each movie comes with a Toy Story 3 movie voucher up to $8.50, so basically I'm getting paid to buy these two movies!

Is all of this information correct?

Can I redeem the Magical Savings $5 off coupons on Amazon.com?

[quote name='cbulas1']So, I'll go to Target tomorrow to get both movies. They'll be priced at $22.99 each, so my total will be $45.98 plus tax. Because of the instant $10 off offer when you buy both, my total will be reduced to $35.98 plus tax. Then, since I'll have a printed out $5 off manufacturer's coupon from the Disney Magical Savings site for each movie, my total will be reduced to $25.98 plus tax. Then, because I own both of the movies on VHS, I can get an additional $10 off each movie when I go to the Disney Movie Rewards site, so I'll eventually only pay $5.98 plus tax for both movies. Then, each movie comes with a Toy Story 3 movie voucher up to $8.50, so basically I'm getting paid to buy these two movies!

Is all of this information correct?

Can I redeem the Magical Savings $5 off coupons on Amazon.com?[/QUOTE]

Not entirely. You're not going to be able to stack the Toy Story coupons like that. You can use one Toy Story 1 coupon and one Toy Story 2 coupon. Target coupon policy is one manufacture coupon and one Target coupon per item.

So you're looking at $22.99 each - the $10 for buying both - $10 coupon for upgrading for Toy Story 1 - $10 coupon for upgrading for Toy Story 2.

Thanks UberSwiss, but now I'm confused...

You just said Target's coupon policy is one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon per item. I'm using a Target coupon for $10 off when you buy both, then a $5 off manufactuer coupon for each movie. So, a $5 off Target coupon and a $5 off manufacturer coupon per movie. Isn't that simply using one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon per item, which should fit into their policy that you typed out?

so i did the TRU Princess and the Frog deal which ended up being $6.99 for the PatF Bluray Combo AND $10 down on TS1 & 2! TS's are $35 minus my $10 preorder...$25...minus $10 for EACH upgrade...$5 for both TS's. My grand total will be $11.99 for PatF, TS1, TS2, all Bluray combo's, and 2 movie money for TS3.

So at Target I can buy both blu-rays for $22.99 each minus $10 for buying both together and minus another $10 from a coupon from the Disney Rewards site (two $5 coupons)? So the total would be $25.98 + tax for both blu-ray special editions (with DVD) AND two movie tickets? This would be an awesome deal.

[quote name='cbulas1'] I'm using a Target coupon for $10 off when you buy both[/QUOTE]

$10 off for buying both isn't a coupon, it's an instant savings.

[quote name='javeryh']So at Target I can buy both blu-rays for $22.99 each minus $10 for buying both together and minus another $10 from a coupon from the Disney Rewards site? So the total would be $25.98 + tax for both blu-ray special editions (with DVD) AND two movie tickets? This would be an awesome deal.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to use both $10 off coupons, as they have one for TS and one for TS2...so total would be $15.98.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You should be able to use both $10 off coupons, as they have one for TS and one for TS2...so total would be $15.98.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link? I only saw $5 coupons!

[quote name='javeryh']Do you have a link? I only saw $5 coupons![/QUOTE]

NM. I can't read apparently. I'm going to print them now!

Just wait till tomorrow, you're going to see a few threads of people that really pushed it, bought a few bottles of water or something, and also used the 5$ coupons and the $3 Target coupons and only ended up paying a few $.

[quote name='cbulas1']$3 Target coupons? Did I miss something?[/QUOTE]

On Target's website there is a $3 coupon for select Disney DVDs/Blu-rays. The coupon only lists G-Force, UP, Snow White, and Tinkerbell, but some people have been successful in using it. It's very YMMV.

[quote name='cbulas1']Thanks UberSwiss, but now I'm confused...

You just said Target's coupon policy is one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon per item. I'm using a Target coupon for $10 off when you buy both, then a $5 off manufactuer coupon for each movie. So, a $5 off Target coupon and a $5 off manufacturer coupon per movie. Isn't that simply using one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon per item, which should fit into their policy that you typed out?[/QUOTE]

Is it easy to find this coupon policy so that I can reference it if they give me shit tomorrow?

bread's done
Back