Purchase Wii at Amazon.com (11/19 @ Sun AM PST) + Pre-sales Now Shipping & Arriving

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/16 Edit, regarding new purchase opp:

Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers

The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19, Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as we've received 100 times more Wii email sign-ups than consoles we'll have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).

We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions on the Nintendo Wii product page:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXBAQ/104-0800133-1157516

One Day Shipping is $13.98. We need a Wii icon.

Edit 2:
The lastest about your Wii pre-orders from 9/15 are as follows:

Hello again,

Time to answer another batch of questions.

Several of you asked for a ballpark estimate as to when pre-orders would be up again, but unfortunately I don't have any information on that right now. As I've mentioned previously, we are still working with Nintendo on the details of our launch allotment, and I can't speculate as to when everything will be in place. Once again, your best bet is to sign up for email notification on the Wii detail page if you don't want to re-check our site every day.

Speaking of the email notification, there was a request for clarification on the timing of that email. We plan to send out an email to everyone on that list prior to the next pre-order window with all the relevant details on that window. This will hopefully give just about everyone an equal and fair chance at knowing when to come online and pre-order.

Regarding the launch day allotment, anyone who pre-orders a Wii prior to the November 19 launch can expect to get theirs as part of that first shipment. Past November 19, we will be opening up sales for further batches as we get them, which we hope will help minimize confusion. We know that customers who were able to get in on the last pre-order currently have a ship date of October listed on their order, which is obviously incorrect, but this will be updated when we have an actual delivery estimate, and those customers will receive an email regarding that change.

I still don't have any information on bundles or controller availability, which one of you asked for. However, I can tell you that in previous console launches, controller availability was not typically an issue.

Thanks again for your continued understanding, patience, and feedback.

- Jon G.
Amazon.com Video Games Editor

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Amazon will be taking pre-orders again once they know their actual alottment from Nintendo. All exisiting pre-orders from 9/15 will stand. It also looks like you'll get your console right at launch (no backorders, in otherwords, but no guarentee on launch day). Read all about it in in this discussion thread from the Amazon.com Video Game editor.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cheapy, you owe me for the comission on this one (just kidding). ;)

UPS for me. Why are they using different carriers for different people?

Hrmm question for other people that have shipping confirmation. This is what my tracking says, does yours say the same?

Tracking Number: 1Z 410 E7W 13 8460 972 3
Type: Package Status: Billing Information Received
Shipped or Billed on: 11/17/2006
Service Type: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER Weight: 9.00 Lbs

Billing information received? Does UPS even have the system yet?

Date Time Location Event Details November 17, 2006 09:30:28 PM US Carrier notified to pick up package
tan-bottom-left-round-corner.gif
tan-bottom-right-round-corner.gif

So...are they picking it up Saturday or Monday? that is the question.

Mine shipped out at 7:30 tonight. Sent UPS Ground (even though I had been bumped up from super saver to standard and then once more to Express) and delivery is sent for Monday. Yea!!!

Weird, I just noticed Amazon shipped my last 2 packages via the post office rather than UPS. That's unusual for them and probably explains why my digital camera is taking longer to get in than usual. They also sent my Wii via the post office...very unusual. All the other orders I placed this year shipped with UPS. Considering it takes the post office 2-3 days to scan a delivery confirmation slip, the tracking is pretty much useless until it arrives at your house, unless you luck out and it gets scanned along the way. Hmm...I could get my Wii very fast or very slow if they mailed it out first class and depending on where the warehouse is.

[quote name='lawl']AWESOME
I just shipped DHL. :D[/QUOTE]

As did mine! Ahh thank God, I was just starting to lose hope for a Monday arrival.

[quote name='joeposh']As did mine! Ahh thank God, I was just starting to lose hope for a Monday arrival.[/quote]

I have lost hope already :cry:

Let's see mine hasn't shipped. Guy says oh they don't ship til the 19th. Well hey others are getting theirs shipped so ship mine. No can do.

I say no to satisfaction email. Explains that others have shipped early.

Amazon says they charged my cc and it didn't go thru on the 16th.

I say bs to that. I got 40x the cost of the Wii left before I hit my limit.

They write back. Sorry we didn't charge your cc. But we don't ship til the 19th.

Meh. I'm going to go out at midnight and snag one at walmart. IF so I'll cancel my amazonian order. bastards.

Well, apparently DHL picked it up from Amaon around 8-ish(i dunno what timezone, it just says on DHL's site)so I most likley will get it Monday.

[quote name='2Fast']Quick question for those of you who just found out your Wiis are shipping, are you guys on the east coast?[/QUOTE]

I live in Chicago.

fuck that!! I've lost faith that I'll see this thing before Wednesday. Now I'm just pissed becaused they charged me and the damn thing won't ship until monday. I did however get a $15 gift cert which helps but I'm still not happy.

For those who shipped through DHL look at this:

Does DHL offer Saturday delivery and pickup?
Yes. DHL offers Saturday delivery and pickup in most major U.S. cities. Please Contact Us for details and special arrangements.

I found this on dhl.com

[quote name='tbolt30']For those who shipped through DHL look at this:

Does DHL offer Saturday delivery and pickup?
Yes. DHL offers Saturday delivery and pickup in most major U.S. cities. Please Contact Us for details and special arrangements.

I found this on dhl.com[/quote]

Yup, I've had a package arrive on Saturday before from DHL. :) So some of you people who got this shipped via DHL might get lucky and get this tomorrow!:applause:

I just got an email saying mine was shipped using DHL and I should get it Monday. I had it shipped to work, so it will be sitting on my desk all day whispering in my ear: "play me, play me"

[quote name='Rictor']SNIP

Hmm...I could get my Wii very fast or very slow if they mailed it out first class and depending on where the warehouse is.[/QUOTE]

I assume you meant Priority, since no way a package that big can be shipped First Class. :) Never-the-less, they are about the same shipping speed, if not the same.

BTW for everyone wondering how late I got shipping confirmation status it said 11/17/2006 10:55 pm and this is with overnight.

Hmmm, I don;t think DHL has ever delivered to my house before. I'll be at work for the morning and afternoon, don't know if anyone will be home at the time. Will they leave it on my doorstep if they have never delivered to my house before, or will they leave the fancy slip on my door?

[quote name='rooter']Is anyone going to call DHL tomorrow to see if they can pick up their Wii from distribution center?[/QUOTE]

Depending where my Wii is as of tomorrow, yes. If it's in the Chicago area I'll definitely try and arrange something because I've dealt with DHL before concerning strange shipment circumstances (never anything with street date issues though) and they've extended the option of picking it up/holding it at the distribution center in the past... hopefully it'll be the same in this case.

Woot! Just checked my e-mail and mine's shipped via DHL too. Located in Florida and the website is showing a Monday delivery.

Wow mine shipped. Funny how it still has a Del estimate of 1/2007

Order #: 002-0994838-4076031
Shipment Date:
November 17, 2006
Destination:
WESTMINSTER, CA, USA
Estimated Arrival: January 9, 2007

checked the DHL page and i should get it on Monday, now I wish I would have complained enough to get Sat Delivery.

[quote name='lawl']Mine is in my town right now, I just called them to go pick it up. AWESOME[/quote]Thats good to hear, have fun :)
But a question though, did you call their main 1800 number and have to give your traking number or what?

So, I got an email back and refunded my entire shipping cost, but the email said there was a delay and that the delivery estimate was the 20th (yeah, that's what it was without a delay...) so who the hell knows? I might just get the free overnight and it actually shipped yesterday and I get it on Monday anyway.

[quote name='Rictor']The mailman just dropped off my Wii! Free Super Saver Shipping via USPS. One day before launch, bitches!![/QUOTE]

Ok that really pisses me off now I'm never using overnight again or 2nd day.

Yeah that's fucking crazy, I might have been able to get it with super saver early too....oh well, everybody bitch and get your shipping free, it worked for me :p

I just noticed mine was in town as well! I called the 1800 number and they are going to give me a call back on how to go get my package! Hopefully I will have it in a few hours!

[quote name='Rictor']A couple quick pics:

[/QUOTE]

Very nice I'm going to see if I can pick mine up later today if its in town.

[quote name='tbolt30']Very nice I'm going to see if I can pick mine up later today if its in town.[/QUOTE]

Looks like your cat is about to take a leak or something.... :)

He's rubbing on the box. I think he's more likely to have sex with the cardboard box as he loves them. Good thing he's fixed.

From that pic... is the Wii shipped in just it's box with clear plastic around it?

*prays the UPS guy doesn't leave his out in the open*

[quote name='Rictor']He's rubbing on the box. I think he's more likely to have sex with the cardboard box as he loves them. Good thing he's fixed.[/quote]I'm assuming the Wii was inside the box at first? Correct me if I'm wrong, but from that picture it looks like it was wrapped together on top of that box with whatever else you ordered.

The Wii is wrapped in plastic attatched to a piece of cardboard. Then it was inside of the box it's sitting on top of now. It's standard Amazon procedure to wrap just about everything in plastic and attatch it to a piece of cardbard, then place it inside a larger box. Even my cds from them are shipped that way. I didn't get anything else in the box, it wasn't big enough to hold anything else.

I'm still waiting on a digital camera that shipped 2 days before the Wii via USPS. Hopefully that shows up on Monday.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Rictor,

Where did it ship from, do you know? Bloomington, IN?[/quote]

Lexington, Kentucky and I'm in Indianapolis.

bread's done
Back