Purchase Wii at Amazon.com (11/19 @ Sun AM PST) + Pre-sales Now Shipping & Arriving

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/16 Edit, regarding new purchase opp:

Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers

The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19, Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as we've received 100 times more Wii email sign-ups than consoles we'll have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).

We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions on the Nintendo Wii product page:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXBAQ/104-0800133-1157516

One Day Shipping is $13.98. We need a Wii icon.

Edit 2:
The lastest about your Wii pre-orders from 9/15 are as follows:

Hello again,

Time to answer another batch of questions.

Several of you asked for a ballpark estimate as to when pre-orders would be up again, but unfortunately I don't have any information on that right now. As I've mentioned previously, we are still working with Nintendo on the details of our launch allotment, and I can't speculate as to when everything will be in place. Once again, your best bet is to sign up for email notification on the Wii detail page if you don't want to re-check our site every day.

Speaking of the email notification, there was a request for clarification on the timing of that email. We plan to send out an email to everyone on that list prior to the next pre-order window with all the relevant details on that window. This will hopefully give just about everyone an equal and fair chance at knowing when to come online and pre-order.

Regarding the launch day allotment, anyone who pre-orders a Wii prior to the November 19 launch can expect to get theirs as part of that first shipment. Past November 19, we will be opening up sales for further batches as we get them, which we hope will help minimize confusion. We know that customers who were able to get in on the last pre-order currently have a ship date of October listed on their order, which is obviously incorrect, but this will be updated when we have an actual delivery estimate, and those customers will receive an email regarding that change.

I still don't have any information on bundles or controller availability, which one of you asked for. However, I can tell you that in previous console launches, controller availability was not typically an issue.

Thanks again for your continued understanding, patience, and feedback.

- Jon G.
Amazon.com Video Games Editor

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Amazon will be taking pre-orders again once they know their actual alottment from Nintendo. All exisiting pre-orders from 9/15 will stand. It also looks like you'll get your console right at launch (no backorders, in otherwords, but no guarentee on launch day). Read all about it in in this discussion thread from the Amazon.com Video Game editor.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cheapy, you owe me for the comission on this one (just kidding). ;)

[quote name='Rictor']The Wii is wrapped in plastic attatched to a piece of cardboard. Then it was inside of the box it's sitting on top of now. It's standard Amazon procedure to wrap just about everything in plastic and attatch it to a piece of cardbard, then place it inside a larger box. Even my cds from them are shipped that way. I didn't get anything else in the box, it wasn't big enough to hold anything else.

I'm still waiting on a digital camera that shipped 2 days before the Wii via USPS. Hopefully that shows up on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, the Wii box was in the cardbox box beneth it? (Sorry, the way you worded it wasn't clear to me)

[quote name='lordwow']Just to clarify, the Wii box was in the cardbox box beneth it? (Sorry, the way you worded it wasn't clear to me)[/quote]

I think I might know what he's talking about.

They take a piece of cardboard... then place the Wii box on top of it. Then wrap plastic around both the cardboard and the Wii box. Then they place it inside the bigger box to ship it in.

[quote name='lordwow']Just to clarify, the Wii box was in the cardbox box beneth it? (Sorry, the way you worded it wasn't clear to me)[/quote]
The way Amazon packages things, they shrink wrap all their products onto a hard piece of flat cardboard. That is so all of the merchandise does not shake around in the Amazon box. They do this for most electronics and software like games. My friend got an Xbox 360 from them and was packaged the same way. The 360 was wrapped onto flat cardboard, and placed into the box.

DAMN!!!! My Wii shipped yesterday delivering today and I'M NOT AT WORK!!!!!

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!

I guess I will have to freeze myself till Monday....

[quote name='Kendro']The way Amazon packages things, they shrink wrap all their products onto a hard piece of flat cardboard. That is so all of the merchandise does not shake around in the Amazon box. They do this for most electronics and software like games. My friend got an Xbox 360 from them and was packaged the same way. The 360 was wrapped onto flat cardboard, and placed into the box.[/QUOTE]

AH ok, I see the cardboard piece in the second picture. I thought they were putting it on top of that whole box, and leaving it open to public view. My bad.

I checked mine and its a location near me but they won't ship till monday. I called up and asked if it was possible to pick up, and they said that I could, but doing so would make it Sat. Del. and they would have to charge me $15 to track the package already at the warehouse. I almost did it, but for $15 I could get a noter Wiimote. I guess I'll wait till Monday.

I am SO irked about this... I paid extra for 1-day shipping on my 9/15 pre-order and it STILL has not even shipped, whereas other people have already received their items?!?!?!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I am SO irked about this... I paid extra for 1-day shipping on my 9/15 pre-order and it STILL has not even shipped, whereas other people have already received their items?!?!?![/quote]

Email them! You'll get free shipping, and they might have actually shipped it anyway and never updated the thing.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I checked mine and its a location near me but they won't ship till monday. I called up and asked if it was possible to pick up, and they said that I could, but doing so would make it Sat. Del. and they would have to charge me $15 to track the package already at the warehouse. I almost did it, but for $15 I could get a noter Wiimote. I guess I'll wait till Monday.[/QUOTE]

Same and they also told me they were closing in 12 minutes. I had to decline picking it up. :(

[quote name='SpazX']Email them! You'll get free shipping, and they might have actually shipped it anyway and never updated the thing.[/QUOTE]

Yup I emailed them and they gave me free 1 day shipping for my troubles.

That's very cool people are getting them early.. someone on Amazon's Wii board got their DHL delivery today, which seems REALLY weird. (without having to do any extra work)

I'm glad I had my prime trial and only paid $3.99 for overnight; I'd be fairly pissed if I paid $15+ for normal overnight shipping and people with USPS free shipping got theirs before the launch!!! :)

But major congrats to all who get them today!!! I'm jealous, I haven't totally ruled out DHL screwing up and delivering mine but...... I'm not expecting it. (at this point my experience with DHL are so bad I'm more preparing for the 2 hour phone calls to DHL customer service when they claim to lose the package, like they always do for me.)

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']So

Preorder after everbody else and use super saving = get your package first
Preorder first day with overnight shipping = wait 2 days later?[/QUOTE]

It seems that only a hand full of people who live near the distribution centers have gotten theirs early thanks to super saver. Is it annoying for those of us who pre-ordered the first time around and got overnight shipping? Sure, but the fact of the matter is Amazon has been very good about refunding our charges and shipped it to us as soon as they legally could. We'll have it the morning after launch, with no crazy bundle, no tax or waiting in lines during the wee hours of the morning.

yeah this fucked!!

Well I went to target today and there doesn't seem to be any signs of it being hard to find tommorrow. The guy in the games dept said he had plenty. They did have all of their Wii launch games out for sale and I bought Zelda along with a couple of those light up gift cards. Now I have to wait for the fucks at Amazon to ship my Wii since they charged me.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']So

Preorder after everbody else and use super saving = get your package first
Preorder first day with overnight shipping = wait 2 days later?[/quote]

or order with 2 day and get it 3 days later.

I'm just gonna have to stay up all night and keep an eye on this. Every single store in my area has either handed out all their vouchers or they already have a line bigger than available units.

[quote name='Bazz']Mine still says shipping soon and i'm getting really pissed.[/QUOTE]

As am I--a 9.15 order and I'm STILL in an "open order".... if the thing isn't going to ship for a few days, I'd much rather just pick one up tomorrow morning....

Sent Amazon yet another e-mail: I swear, they must not even read the darn things, as I always get form letters that are not applicable to the issues that I state in the e-mail... sigh....

Sorry if this has been answered so far but, what time is this deal supposed to happen? I see that it states 11/19 Sun AM PST but is there a time?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']As am I--a 9.15 order and I'm STILL in an "open order".... if the thing isn't going to ship for a few days, I'd much rather just pick one up tomorrow morning....

Sent Amazon yet another e-mail: I swear, they must not even read the darn things, as I always get form letters that are not applicable to the issues that I state in the e-mail... sigh....[/quote]
My bro order one same shipping as me same everything and later then me and his was shipped and mine not yet. I don't understand I just blasted them she gave me 10.00 gift certificate like I care about 10.00 I want my thing shipped. I'm nervous wreck with all this system crap already.

[quote name='kmartbum001']Sorry if this has been answered so far but, what time is this deal supposed to happen? I see that it states 11/19 Sun AM PST but is there a time?[/QUOTE]

?

[quote name='kmartbum001']?[/QUOTE]

I would assume 1201 pst which will be 301 est for me.

I was going to check this out until I obtained my unit via Radio Shack. My girlfriend is picking one up tonight from Walmart. She is 30th in line with 30 units at the store.

[quote name='kmartbum001']Sorry if this has been answered so far but, what time is this deal supposed to happen? I see that it states 11/19 Sun AM PST but is there a time?[/QUOTE]

I remember last year they had Xbox 360 bundles on their site @ about 7am CST on launch date..but they were selling that from TRU back then. I remember checking @ midnight and they didnt have any, woke up around 6am browsed a bit then boom $999.99 bundles were available. So dont be discouraged if you dont see it @ 12 mn.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']As am I--a 9.15 order and I'm STILL in an "open order".... if the thing isn't going to ship for a few days, I'd much rather just pick one up tomorrow morning....

Sent Amazon yet another e-mail: I swear, they must not even read the darn things, as I always get form letters that are not applicable to the issues that I state in the e-mail... sigh....[/quote]

Call them, or actually the way it works is have them call you. You go to help and click "Talk to customer service by phone" a pop up comes up enter your phone number and they will call immediately. (although there is a small hold time after the system calls you) I've gotten what I wanted much better by talking with them rather than emailing.

o rly? hmm i should do that now, but first im going to call GC to see when their second shipment of Wiis will arrive to see if I am able to trade in a psp towards Wii to get a better deal. if not ill just try what you have sugested. Well they don't know for sure when another shipment will arrive. They said before Christmas if they get another allocation BUT their deal ends on December 15th, so I don't know if I'd even be able to get this deal. I'll just do that call thing. Hopefully my cell phone ringing will wake me. T_T

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Call them, or actually the way it works is have them call you. You go to help and click "Talk to customer service by phone" a pop up comes up enter your phone number and they will call immediately. (although there is a small hold time after the system calls you) I've gotten what I wanted much better by talking with them rather than emailing.[/quote]

I had to hassle the CSRs on the phone like this too to get it to ship - mine shipped out yesterday. If you are a Sept. 15th preorder, insist they get your shit out now as promised.

I just spent ten minutes ranting, or rather, trying to communicate, with their customer service on the phone. Supposedly, my order is going to ship tomorrow, the 19th, and that I will indeed have it on Monday... do I trust them? Or call back yet again....

This order has proven to be far more hassel than it's worth... especially considering I was one of the very first people to reserve the system from them.

[quote name='WebScud']Has anyone else been refreshing the page for the last two and a half hours?[/quote]

Six hours, but only periodically.

It'll go up at some unspecified time so that everyone has an equal shot at it. I would estimate that to be anywhere between 6 AM PST and 11 AM PST, I guess. Early enough so the PSTers have a shot and reasonable enough for everyone inbetween.

[quote name='Kapwanil']Six hours, but only periodically.

It'll go up at some unspecified time so that everyone has an equal shot at it. I would estimate that to be anywhere between 6 AM PST and 11 AM PST, I guess. Early enough so the PSTers have a shot and reasonable enough for everyone inbetween.[/QUOTE]

I'm a PSTer and I've been sporadically checking for this since yesterday morning. far too little sleep in between. I manage to not pass out on my computer because of my two four packs of red bull. I almost had a close call though when I was "resting my head" on my bed. I almost fell right to sleep with my laptop lying next to me.

Yeah mine never showed as shipped either. I wouldn't be surprised if it still showed up tomorrow, but I'll be fine with Tuesday since they refunded me for my shipping.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Oh my.... my Wii order from 9/15 has STILL not shipped as of this morning..... ARGH!!!! :([/QUOTE]

Yeah Mine neither. How do they justify sending out orders that were placed after ours before they send ours out? Unless it has something to do with my credit card not paying them right away or something I will be pretty annoyed with Amazon.

[quote name='valleyvampiress']SpaxX, next next-gen launch we should tag team and go to a real store. You seem like you can tough it out, and I definitely can if the system's worth it. :D[/quote]

I smell bro-rape! Kidding. I hope this thing goes up soon, I wanna get some sleep..

[quote name='serum79']mine also hasn't shipped. its been on the shipping soon status since friday night. what a joke[/QUOTE]

I completely agree--I'm almost tempted to chew them out, yet again... at this point, I totally would have cancelled my order and just gone and picked one up from a local store. Heck, I may do that anyway, as I'm not trusting that they're going to ship my order at all at this point...

ok i finally have corroborationg information on my wii order by both email and phone. they both basically said the same thing that since my order was packaged on late friday and dhl has no delivery service on saturday or sunday they will not change my shipping status from shipping soon to shipped. Both reps said that my item is ready to go and that dhl should definitely have it to me by tuesday, which is a day later than I wanted, but is ok. Of course they also said there is no guarantee, but they have to say that due to the nature of the situation. The email rep had said that the delivery estimate is based on the proximity of inventory to the delivery address you provided, as well as how quickly Amazon can obtain and assemble my order and that they still expect my package to get to me by the 20th. I highly doubt that as it would be same day shipping, but we will see what happens. Man I am so fed up with all of this. I just want to play some Zelda damnit!!

I would've just bought one from a store if it wasn't cheaper this way and got me more points on my amazon credit card. :p I don't mind, I have shit I should be doing for school...

bread's done
Back