Purchase Wii at Amazon.com (11/19 @ Sun AM PST) + Pre-sales Now Shipping & Arriving

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/16 Edit, regarding new purchase opp:

Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers

The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19, Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as we've received 100 times more Wii email sign-ups than consoles we'll have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).

We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates on the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions on the Nintendo Wii product page:

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.

Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009VXBAQ/104-0800133-1157516

One Day Shipping is $13.98. We need a Wii icon.

Edit 2:
The lastest about your Wii pre-orders from 9/15 are as follows:

Hello again,

Time to answer another batch of questions.

Several of you asked for a ballpark estimate as to when pre-orders would be up again, but unfortunately I don't have any information on that right now. As I've mentioned previously, we are still working with Nintendo on the details of our launch allotment, and I can't speculate as to when everything will be in place. Once again, your best bet is to sign up for email notification on the Wii detail page if you don't want to re-check our site every day.

Speaking of the email notification, there was a request for clarification on the timing of that email. We plan to send out an email to everyone on that list prior to the next pre-order window with all the relevant details on that window. This will hopefully give just about everyone an equal and fair chance at knowing when to come online and pre-order.

Regarding the launch day allotment, anyone who pre-orders a Wii prior to the November 19 launch can expect to get theirs as part of that first shipment. Past November 19, we will be opening up sales for further batches as we get them, which we hope will help minimize confusion. We know that customers who were able to get in on the last pre-order currently have a ship date of October listed on their order, which is obviously incorrect, but this will be updated when we have an actual delivery estimate, and those customers will receive an email regarding that change.

I still don't have any information on bundles or controller availability, which one of you asked for. However, I can tell you that in previous console launches, controller availability was not typically an issue.

Thanks again for your continued understanding, patience, and feedback.

- Jon G.
Amazon.com Video Games Editor

--------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Amazon will be taking pre-orders again once they know their actual alottment from Nintendo. All exisiting pre-orders from 9/15 will stand. It also looks like you'll get your console right at launch (no backorders, in otherwords, but no guarentee on launch day). Read all about it in in this discussion thread from the Amazon.com Video Game editor.
--------------------------------------------------------

Cheapy, you owe me for the comission on this one (just kidding). ;)

[quote name='lawl']If it says shipping soon then its going to ship today, dont worry about it.[/QUOTE]

It does make a difference whether it's being shipped overnight vs supersaver right? Doesn't overnight get more priority and is it possible that supersaver might take a couple days to actually leave the warehouse?

[quote name='PikaPichu']It does make a difference whether it's being shipped overnight vs supersaver right? Doesn't overnight get more priority and is it possible that supersaver might take a couple days to actually leave the warehouse?[/QUOTE]

It should but yesterday some people on here with supersaver shipped yesterday because it takes longer to recieve them.

[quote name='tbolt30']It should but yesterday some people on here with supersaver shipped yesterday because it takes longer to recieve them.[/QUOTE]

And that is such crap. Why bother pay extra for overnight if they are just going to do that. Errr.

"Shipping Soon" on mine. I've got two day Amazon Prime.

As a note, I actually had to have it list my orders for the past six months; it didn't show in the "Open and Recently Completed" view.

[quote name='peloquin17']i swear, if amazon fucks me, im gonna mail em a turd.[/QUOTE]

I think I will too. Feed my dog some bad fish, and after he shits all over the place Ill bag it up and mail it out.

Do you think that could classify as Media Mail ?:|

i am still waiting for mine to ship. I called and the rep told me that toggling the shipping to change my estimates could slow down the shipping process, i can't really believe that since i toggled them early yesterday. He said if it doesn't ship by 7:00 EST tonight to call and they will work something out for me. Yeah, we'll see about that

[quote name='musha666']And that is such crap. Why bother pay extra for overnight if they are just going to do that. Errr.[/QUOTE]

I use to work for USPS and I guarantee you that Super Saver shipping won't get there by monday because its basically 3th and 4th class mail and it takes a while. But that doesn't mean it can't also because I've use standard shipping before on amazon and got it in 1 day, so mileage is going to vary. Its really up to UPS and USPS and there work force. One last thing though you have to keep in mind its christmas time also with mailing thats why I got overnight shipment.

Shipping soon here. Got in on the 2nd pre-order with 2nd-day shipping and got bumped up to next-day shipping for free a few days ago.

Mine shipped last night!!! Sweet!!! When I emailed customer service a few days ago, they told me it wasn't supposed to ship until December 1st... and apologized for the wait, upgrading me to standard shipping from super saver for free! Expected delivery of 11/21 - wiiiiiii!

Got a copy of Zelda from Amazon yesterday, but I have no Wii to play it on... bah! ;)

Guys, they already said they had enough stock to cover all of the preorders with the first shipment, but I'm sure they have to go through and process each order individually. It's not going to make any difference what order they process them in, they will all ship out this evening. It looks like everyone's will get processed at some point today, so give those poor Amazon CSR's a rest :lol:

(Unless, of course, they don't ship yours today, which is what everyone is worrying about... then you can break out the holy handgrenades)

Mine's shipping soon. Damn, probably getting it Monday!!!! My streak of getting launch systems has ended with PS3 but my streak with Nintendo was suppose to live on. I don't think i can wait till monday. I NEED IT on Launch. Sunday i'm driving out everywhere looking for one.

[quote name='lordwow']Thanks (for nothing) Amazon,

Still chilling on "Not Yet Shipped" w/ 2-Day Shipping (from a 9/15 order). They didn't even bother to update my ship date.[/QUOTE]

While I don't trust a thing an Amazon CSR says, that would REALLY suck if this "slowest shipping first" screwed us who paid for overnight if they ran out of stock or something and are waiting for a second shipment...

Anyone think the Wii will be hard to get? I live in Redmond, WA, and the Fred Meyer here is going to have 90 Wii's, and the Bellevue Target will have 110 on Sunday.

[quote name='lordwow']Thanks (for nothing) Amazon,

Still chilling on "Not Yet Shipped" w/ 2-Day Shipping (from a 9/15 order). They didn't even bother to update my ship date.[/QUOTE]

Just reread the e-mail I received. They were apolagizing all over the place for seeing how negative my experience had been (Wasn't close to a hostile e-mail. Cordial 100% on my part).

Finially scrolled down to the final paragraph and they're talking about how their supplier has been met with greater demand than anticipated and they're back-ordered now.

But as I stated earlier, my order is now open and listed as preparing for shipping (Unable to cancel... which I don't wanna do). So here's hoping despite the "back-order", they bumped me up. Cause if I got bumped out of line because I choose 1 day shipping, heads are gonna roll.

I'm really beginning to wonder if they pushed everyone's order to Shipping Soon to avoid people going out buying one elsewhere and then cancelling at Amazon (which a lot of discussed doing).

I mean, we could always ship the Wiis back to Amazon, but it's an added hassel.

Well mine still says Not Yet Shipped and has an estimate of 11/20 to ship.
Delivery est of 11/22.

While it isn't widly upsetting their CS practices are. I don't complain much but when I have a concern I do want an answer. Yesterday I called and asked about the ship estimate and was lied to. Today I call and get complete BS answers from "Romeo" and then spoke to a "Andy a CS Lead" who kept flip-flopping on his answers as well. First he tells me that I changed my shipping methods and that it delayed my shipping, which is crap since if anybody here didn't touch his order since day one it was me. Then he says, no the change came from amazon and that no Wii will ship before Monday. Yes, he assured me that not a single Wii will ship before monday because it would cost amazon about $1000 a unit if they did.:roll:

I had mentioned that I was a part of an online community that had several members who had a chance to get a pre-order in on that day and had watched over this whole situation very closely since day one. From the community, several different people had their order status update today that their item had either "shipped" or was "shipping soon". He explains that not one Wii has been shipped out(because he looked up the numbers ;) ) and the people who showed that had maniplulated their orders and there was no way they would ship by today and they were telling lies. Figure that, the anticipating customer telling lies :lol: . So I asked if I could be ugraded to overnight and he said I would be pushed back to the end of the line and so on and so on. So in the end I finished with less than I started with and a little more frustrated.

[quote name='Santurio']Well mine still says Not Yet Shipped and has an estimate of 11/20 to ship.
Delivery est of 11/22.

While it isn't widly upsetting their CS practices are. I don't complain much but when I have a concern I do want an answer. Yesterday I called and asked about the ship estimate and was lied to. Today I call and get complete BS answers from "Romeo" and then spoke to a "Andy a CS Lead" who kept flip-flopping on his answers as well. First he tells me that I changed my shipping methods and that it delayed my shipping, which is crap since if anybody here didn't touch his order since day one it was me. Then he says, no the change came from amazon and that no Wii will ship before Monday. Yes, he assured me that not a single Wii will ship before monday because it would cost amazon about $1000 a unit if they did.:roll:

I had mentioned that I was a part of an online community that had several members who had a chance to get a pre-order in on that day and had watched over this whole situation very closely since day one. From the community, several different people had their order status update today that their item had either "shipped" or was "shipping soon". He explains that not one Wii has been shipped out(because he looked up the numbers ;) ) and the people who showed that had maniplulated their orders and there was no way they would ship by today and they were telling lies. Figure that, the anticipating customer telling lies :lol: . So I asked if I could be ugraded to overnight and he said I would be pushed back to the end of the line and so on and so on. So in the end I finished with less than I started with and a little more frustrated.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much my experience with the CS today too. They were completely inept about what was going on. Luckily between calls and such I took a nap and my order updated to Shipping Soon. Hopefully yours will get out on time as well.

Mine still hasn't gone to shipping soon even though the email I got back assured me it would ship today. I don't really care that much, but I'd like to have the thing as soon as possible since I paid for the most expensive shipping.

[quote name='SpazX']Mine still hasn't gone to shipping soon even though the email I got back assured me it would ship today. I don't really care that much, but I'd like to have the thing as soon as possible since I paid for the most expensive shipping.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I had my order the first time they went on sale in Sept. Fastest shipping and still in the Has not Shipped state. It says it will ship today though so I will be patient.

[quote name='lordwow']Pretty much my experience with the CS today too. They were completely inept about what was going on. Luckily between calls and such I took a nap and my order updated to Shipping Soon. Hopefully yours will get out on time as well.[/QUOTE]
Here's hoping

Has anyone who has had their ship been able to get meaningful tracking info yet? Mine still says "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 17, 2006 to expect your package for mailing" which means that technically Amazon probably hasn't actually handed it off to the USPS yet.

[quote name='icruise']Has anyone who has had their ship been able to get meaningful tracking info yet? Mine still says "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 17, 2006 to expect your package for mailing" which means that technically Amazon probably hasn't actually handed it off to the USPS yet.[/quote]

USPS tracking is horrible, which is why it's really called "delivery confirmation" since that's basically all you get. It might update once during the delivery period saying that it's in a facility somewhere, but if it doesn't go UPS or FedEx you won't know until you get it.

[quote name='SpazX']USPS tracking is horrible, which is why it's really called "delivery confirmation" since that's basically all you get. It might update once during the delivery period saying that it's in a facility somewhere, but if it doesn't go UPS or FedEx you won't know until you get it.[/QUOTE]

And they don't even do that sometimes. I recently RMA'd something to Newegg, and they never even gave me the delivery date. It's beyond worthless.

Do we have a definitive time on Sunday that Amazon will begin trying take orders again? I want to have a safety net I'm on East coast, so if it's not until sometime later in the morning I can hit a local store and if I don't get one there come back and refresh like crazy and try to get one from Amazon.

Yes! Amazon has shipped my Wii as of 2:50 PM today. Probably a bunch of orders have been updated to shipped. And now, i pray to all that is holy that I somehow have it in my hands tomorrow with some hot, Zelda action.

Meh, Amazon hates me.

I'm a bit worried because my Wii order doesn't even show up in "open and recently shipped orders", I have to force it to a 6-month view and look at it.

I'm a bit nervous mine got flagged as "ignore this til he calls next week to complain" or something. ;)

[quote name='PaulG']And they don't even do that sometimes. I recently RMA'd something to Newegg, and they never even gave me the delivery date. It's beyond worthless.[/QUOTE]

I have found that the case more with the online printout and pay DC. If I go into the post office and attach the green DC form to the package I have never had it once not be scanned upon delivery ~200 or so times int he last 18 months.

But the online and even the automated in the post office machines printout has been missed a lot. I made a comment about it once and the general consensus by the employees at the post office was that the automated (online, machines) that allow you to ship take away from their jobs so they sometimes 'forget' to scan them.

Mine shipped via DHL "next-day." Does DHL deliver on Saturdays?

Edit - Nevermind. As stated on our Web site, there is no weekend service for our Second or Next Day delivery options. Therefore, a package that leaves our fulfillment center on a Saturday or Sunday does not actually reach the shipper until Monday morning.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this completes your order.

Some item(s) in the shipment is under our Pre-Order Price Guarantee, and the guarantee hasn't ended yet: if the price of the item(s) decreases between now and the release date, we will issue you a refund for the difference.

You can track the status of this order, and all your orders, online by visiting Your Account at http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/history/view.html

There you can:
* Track your shipment
* View the status of unshipped items
* Cancel unshipped items
* Return items
* And do much more

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):
1 Nintendo Wii $249.99 1 $249.99

Shipped via DHL Next Day (estimated arrival date: 20-November-2006).
Tracking number: ----------------

Item Subtotal: $249.99
Shipping & Handling: $3.99

Total: $253.98

Paid by Visa: $253.98

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This shipment was sent to:

------ ------
---- Westwood Rd
----------------, VA -----
United States

via DHL Next Day

As stated on our Web site, there is no weekend service for our Second or Next Day delivery options. Therefore, a package that leaves our fulfillment center on a Saturday or Sunday does not actually reach the shipper until Monday morning.

For your reference, the number you can use to track your package is ------------. Visit http://www.amazon.com/wheres-my-stuff to track your shipment.
Please note that tracking information may not be available immediately.

If you've explored the links on the Your Account page but still need assistance with your order, you'll find links to e-mail or call Amazon.com Customer Service in our Help department at http://www.amazon.com/help/

Please be aware that items in this order may be subject to California's Electronic Waste Recycling Act. If any items in this order are subject to that Act, the seller of that item has elected to pay any fees due on your behalf.
Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Thank you for shopping with us.

Amazon.com... and you're done!
http://www.amazon.com/

[quote name='Kendro']Mine shipped via DHL "next-day." Does DHL deliver on Saturdays?

Edit - Nevermind. As stated on our Web site, there is no weekend service for our Second or Next Day delivery options. Therefore, a package that leaves our fulfillment center on a Saturday or Sunday does not actually reach the shipper until Monday morning.[/QUOTE]

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Damn you DHL and Amazon!!!!

bread's done
Back