Purchasing a Videogame store: What would make you want to come to my place?

Some positive news... the landlord has agreed to do a field measure but doesn't mean that they will agree that will be the same size to rent out. We will talk about the rent also, I do really love this spot and would allow us to jump in there this year.

Right now I am looking at different packages for the build out and right now they have been upgraded. I am thinking about the best package which now has a 46" Plasma behind the registers and 32" LCD for the game stations. Would be 8 Gamestations and here is how they will more than likely be divided...

1 - Wii
2 - Xbox 360
3 - Playstation 3
4 - Playstation 2
5 - Xbox
6 - Gamecube
7 - Yobo System (plays both NES/SNES)
8 - Guitar Hero Package (Depending on which console is selling the best with it, possibly a PS2 but the 360 version might overtake that spot.)

The possiblity of adding another station might cost too much and there are size issues. Might possibly take out the Gamecube station because of the Wii backward compatibly.

Do you have an idea about where you are going to put your main cashier setup at? The one Play N Trade I went to in MD had theres way in the back, and everything else was laid out in front of them. Different than what I usually see from the EB/Gamestops around here who have their setup to the side of the store in the middle.

Would the '46 plasmas behind the register play trailers or something?

Good luck with the measurement and rent stuff whenever you do that, I hope you are able to move in this year, would be cool to get some holiday shopping in there and to finally see this whole plan in action. Although I can understand if its not until next year. Still can't believe its in DE. Coming into this thread for the first time I probably thought it was going to be in the usual 3 big states, CA, FL, or NY. Maybe PA. But I would've never thought it would be here.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Do you have an idea about where you are going to put your main cashier setup at? The one Play N Trade I went to in MD had theres way in the back, and everything else was laid out in front of them. Different than what I usually see from the EB/Gamestops around here who have their setup to the side of the store in the middle.

Would the '46 plasmas behind the register play trailers or something?

Good luck with the measurement and rent stuff whenever you do that, I hope you are able to move in this year, would be cool to get some holiday shopping in there and to finally see this whole plan in action. Although I can understand if its not until next year. Still can't believe its in DE. Coming into this thread for the first time I probably thought it was going to be in the usual 3 big states, CA, FL, or NY. Maybe PA. But I would've never thought it would be here.[/QUOTE]

That is how most stores are designed, with the track lighting, it is supposed to make people flow with the light from the front to the back of the store.

But the store I am looking at, it is more horizontal in shape so it would be in the same spot, but not as far back, so would be kinda like how alot of Gamestops are designed, but imagine if the front doors were right across from the registers.

Yes, the tv would be behind the register, displaying events, trailers and specials.

Yes... this is Delaware lol

Are you going to have the display consoles behind a locked case, so only employees can put in new games for customers to try out?

And going along with that, what happens if someone wants to try out a game, but another customer has been playing that console for a good while? Do you set up a timer?

sorry for being late in the thread, but where is your store? (i dont feel like flipping though 20 pages)

also, i would go to your store if your employees are honest. the reason why alot of people does not want to go back to GS/EB is because their customer service is very poor. if you do take pre-orders, don't force the person to do it and make it look like its the last thing he/she will ever want. and youre probably had been open for months since this thread was created.

and back to being honest, there are bad games, and there are good games. every now and then when i go to game crazy they would actually tell me if a game is good or bad. i read reviews but when im not really sure about a title i usually just pick it up. its nice to have employees tell customers that the game is either bad or mediocre. you might loose the sale now, but you just gained trust from the customer and they will sure to come back and buy something from you. every new game i buy, i get it from that same game crazy.

what are you guys doing for halo 3 release? anything special?

[quote name='phear3d']sorry for being late in the thread, but where is your store? (i dont feel like flipping though 20 pages)

also, i would go to your store if your employees are honest. the reason why alot of people does not want to go back to GS/EB is because their customer service is very poor. if you do take pre-orders, don't force the person to do it and make it look like its the last thing he/she will ever want. and youre probably had been open for months since this thread was created.

and back to being honest, there are bad games, and there are good games. every now and then when i go to game crazy they would actually tell me if a game is good or bad. i read reviews but when im not really sure about a title i usually just pick it up. its nice to have employees tell customers that the game is either bad or mediocre. you might loose the sale now, but you just gained trust from the customer and they will sure to come back and buy something from you. every new game i buy, i get it from that same game crazy.

what are you guys doing for halo 3 release? anything special?[/QUOTE]

No, not open yet, still looking for a location which takes a long time.

I do agree about being honest but it has to have a purpose. Back it up with facts not just feelings. I used to work at Toys R Us in the videogame section, so if I told someone that a Polly Pocket game was bad... I explained why. Sometimes people listened, sometimes they didn't. You can't just say all RPGs suck because that is your taste.

Also the benefit of our store is that you can actually try that game before you buy it. So you can take someone's word but they would offer to let you play it.

Back to the other question, the consoles are behind the cash registers and everything is wired or wireless. That is why most the controllers are different because they are wireless controllers. Only employees can change out the games.

As far as someone spending too much time at a console, a simple talking to the customer and explaining that there is another customer that would like to try the game, typically they would be more than willing to let the controller go. Especially since there are a ton of other systems they can play in the mean time. People are just thankful they can try the game.

We will be located in Delaware, just not sure where in the state yet. New Castle County though.

We are going to buy Halo 3 like most 360 owners, but many stores are doing midnight launches including the Middletown, DE store. They are also doing a Halo 2 tournament.

[quote name='pfar99']Dude, I’m bummed. :drool: My Play n Trade on Trop (sorry, Tropicana Ave, Las Vegas) closed. They couldn’t handle the competition from Fry’s and GameStop, etc. I feel bad for the store owner – he was a nice guy and tried hard. Apparently store owners don’t make enough profit but can’t let it get out or the chain’ll be killed in the press and then corporate will kill them.

BTW – The closest couple of GS stores did start circulating 50% extra credit on traded-in games (I even took advantage of that one) and I think $5 off new games – pretty tough for the “little guy” to compete with. [/quote]

My Plano, TX Play n Trade folded within the first 3 months. Killer location, but never anybody in there. The original management was a really cool young family (my kid bonded with their kid from the first time I went in – it was hilarious – two six-year-old kids phillosphising about Lego Star Wars) but they couldn’t compete. They sold the franchise back to Play N Trade (at a loss) who then resold it to a new owner. I hope he can figure out how to compete – hopefully he has really deep pockets so he can hold out for long enough to make some money.

[quote name='patfrench3']My Plano, TX Play n Trade folded within the first 3 months. Killer location, but never anybody in there. The original management was a really cool young family (my kid bonded with their kid from the first time I went in – it was hilarious – two six-year-old kids phillosphising about Lego Star Wars) but they couldn’t compete. They sold the franchise back to Play N Trade (at a loss) who then resold it to a new owner. I hope he can figure out how to compete – hopefully he has really deep pockets so he can hold out for long enough to make some money.[/QUOTE]

It is a possiblity with every store that these things happened.

But I have wanted to do this for a long time, even before I heard of Play N Trade and then that just clicked. Hopefully that does not happen to me. When I signed my franchise agreement, there was only one store that basically defuncted and that was very shady. After looking at stuff online apperently they run a store called "Trade N Play"... interesting eh?

Hey, just a little update.

We did do a field measuring on the site that I like but it was still pretty large. I might post some pictures to show what the space looks like.

Problem is I don't know if I will get approval from the franchise because the rent is high and the space is larger than ideal.

I re-submitted information to them and hopefully they do approve it. If not, then we will have to look elsewhere. We are looking at a couple other locations, just I didn't think it would be this hard to find a good spot.

[quote name='bingbangboom']Hey, just a little update.

We did do a field measuring on the site that I like but it was still pretty large. I might post some pictures to show what the space looks like.

Problem is I don't know if I will get approval from the franchise because the rent is high and the space is larger than ideal.

I re-submitted information to them and hopefully they do approve it. If not, then we will have to look elsewhere. We are looking at a couple other locations, just I didn't think it would be this hard to find a good spot.[/QUOTE]

I was in the Gamestop in Peoples plaza to get Halo 3 yesterday in the afternoon, but I forgot my ID at the house, I dunno why it was even out of my wallet. So I ended up going home to get my ID and just went to the one in the mall. Anyway, when I went to the one in peoples plaza I saw the space you want, at least I think I did. How close is it to the Applebee's in that area?

Well if I saw the right place, it looks good, I knew the area but never actually saw the space until now.

Good luck (once again) :cool:

[quote name='Flyersfan']I was in the Gamestop in Peoples plaza to get Halo 3 yesterday in the afternoon, but I forgot my ID at the house, I dunno why it was even out of my wallet. So I ended up going home to get my ID and just went to the one in the mall. Anyway, when I went to the one in peoples plaza I saw the space you want, at least I think I did. How close is it to the Applebee's in that area?

Well if I saw the right place, it looks good, I knew the area but never actually saw the space until now.

Good luck (once again) :cool:[/QUOTE]

It is sandwiched between the Starbucks and Cold Stone Creamery.

I have gotten an approval but I am still looking into it and will now need extra convincing on my end.

[quote name='bingbangboom']It is sandwiched between the Starbucks and Cold Stone Creamery.

I have gotten an approval but I am still looking into it and will now need extra convincing on my end.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I definitely saw it.

Maybe you could show them how many gamestops are in the area if they really want to compete against them. I dunno if it's any different from most of the country, but for Delaware having one damn near every stretch mile is a lot. They probably already know that though :(

Plus, if you consider Best Buy competition they have a new one coming near Toys R' Us. Lots of competitors around here in relation to the population size, having a larger store for more inventory/tournament use/customer use could be a great leverage point for the size of the store. Makes it stand out more.

Sounds like it may be tough to get that place.

Here are a couple pictures of the site in question. Tell me what you think...

100_0074.jpg

000_0015.jpg

000_0016.jpg

100_0062.jpg

100_0059.jpg

It looks like we will have our LOI re-submitted very soon. This is basically show show all parties are interested in moving forward and is not legally binding. I have heard leases taking as quick as a few days to 7 months, so it will be hard to say when we or if we will be in there. All signs are pointing positive though.

Also, if any CAG members have any questions about joining Play N Trade, please feel free to PM me or ask questions here. I will do my best to answer them.

It looks a little oddly shaped, but looks fairly new and nice. How much storage space is there in the back? How many total sq feet is the space (you may have already posted this)? Starbucks would guarantee you a lot of foot traffic, so that sounds good.

[quote name='elwood731']It looks a little oddly shaped, but looks fairly new and nice. How much storage space is there in the back? How many total sq feet is the space (you may have already posted this)? Starbucks would guarantee you a lot of foot traffic, so that sounds good.[/QUOTE]

Total is 1824 sq ft. There is some storage space but that will mainly be for consoles and software. Most software will be used and locked in a cabinent behind the register. There is a fair amount of room back there though to get stuff done. I will more than likely install some shelves on the walls to take advantage of that extra space.

I was also thinking of getting a mural done for the back room just for fun, but don't know right now. Something videogame related, if not I might get some graphics for it.

I am hoping the traffic from the movie theater to the Starbucks is pretty good. I will be putting signage to direct people to our location. I want to make our entrance the main entrance for the shopping center to bring in more traffic.

I don't know if this is happening to Gamestop's everywhere but a friend went to use store credit at Gamestop to buy Halo 3 and he was told that he wouldn't be allowed and that he could only use it on used copies. He said both the employee and store manager told him this.

I think maybe they just wanted to sell the used copy verse the new copy, but it is a little shady. Wonder if other people have had this issue?

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']If someone uses "I saw this game at at X-store for Y-price and I have the CAG thread to prove it" you should price-match or honor the deal[/quote]

That's pretty dumb. I'll just start making threads about how I saw games cheaper all over the place, then I'll bring these threads as proof to get a discounted price. I don't think you'll be running a business anytime soon.

[quote name='lowenbotten']That's pretty dumb. I'll just start making threads about how I saw games cheaper all over the place, then I'll bring these threads as proof to get a discounted price. I don't think you'll be running a business anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

LOL Thank you very much. Imagine all the "Free Wii" threads and fake coupons?

[quote name='bingbangboom']I don't know if this is happening to Gamestop's everywhere but a friend went to use store credit at Gamestop to buy Halo 3 and he was told that he wouldn't be allowed and that he could only use it on used copies. He said both the employee and store manager told him this.

I think maybe they just wanted to sell the used copy verse the new copy, but it is a little shady. Wonder if other people have had this issue?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a direction GS might go because they're all about raping the gamer with used items. We need a Walmartesque used gaming store. Sure they make a profit, but at least the consumer/gamer doesn't pay outrageous prices. I'm all about new Used gaming stores because it puts heat on EBStop. Well good luck with the store. I like the look of it, especially the cool blue signs.:D Crossing my fingers for a franchise somewhere in the Nashville and DFW areas.

I think used game stores are going to start to do better now, provided they do things right. Most of the competitors mentioned do not carry games for older systems, half of them don't even have a gamecube section anymore, not everyone wants to pay outrageous shipping prices on their games via ebay or get scammed via ebay so I definitely think there is a place for independent, used game stores in the market today. Gamecrazy and EBgames have basically gotten out of the older games business.

[quote name='neudog']Sounds like a direction GS might go because they're all about raping the gamer with used items. We need a Walmartesque used gaming store. Sure they make a profit, but at least the consumer/gamer doesn't pay outrageous prices. I'm all about new Used gaming stores because it puts heat on EBStop. Well good luck with the store. I like the look of it, especially the cool blue signs.:D Crossing my fingers for a franchise somewhere in the Nashville and DFW areas.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there are any in Dallas yet, but I know they have 5 in Texas. Check here to see if any are near you...

http://playntrade.com/community/location.asp

As far as used games vs. new games. The whole concept is that you use new games to get people to trade in their old stuff for that brand new hot game. So while you may not make as much on a new game, the traded in games you will make money on. If you take that away, then that removes the need for people to trade in games thus reducing your used game merchandise.

Yeah, the blue signs do look cool... I will show you the old logo though... um, lets just say it was um... something else.

pnt-oldlogo.jpg

What do you think of that? lol

[quote name='SaraAB']I think used game stores are going to start to do better now, provided they do things right. Most of the competitors mentioned do not carry games for older systems, half of them don't even have a gamecube section anymore, not everyone wants to pay outrageous shipping prices on their games via ebay or get scammed via ebay so I definitely think there is a place for independent, used game stores in the market today. Gamecrazy and EBgames have basically gotten out of the older games business.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we do sell older games, we do have the Yobo systems which play older games and work on newer tvs, so a better signal instead of the old rf adapter.

From talking to a lot of owners, they make a lot of sales with these older games. It also differs you from the competition. Many times someone will buy a huge lot of games, especially if you get the original system in stock. Typically they like get a used original NES and sells out within a week.

pnt-oldlogo.jpg

Did Nickelodeon come up with this concept.:p Thanks for the store locater link, but already did a search when I first saw this thread. I am currently in TN, but plan on heading back home to the DFW area after I graduate and know eventually PnT will pop up somewhere.:D

[quote name='neudog']
pnt-oldlogo.jpg

Did Nickelodeon come up with this concept.:p Thanks for the store locater link, but already did a search when I first saw this thread. I am currently in TN, but plan on heading back home to the DFW area after I graduate and know eventually PnT will pop up somewhere.:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know the Texas area is pretty popular and I know alot of the owners there want to expand. I know at my training someone was talking about Dallas.

The logo looks so early 90's Nickelodeon but thankfully this has changed.

I have been looking at some officially branded Play N Trade supplies, typically swag and such. I thought I would share some T-Shirt designs with you guys. Typically these are used as ways to market but also prizes for tournaments or new members of the 101010 club.

Some of these are designed for specific games ala Halo 3, Gears of War and Smash Bros.

07.jpg

06.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

03.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

Tell me what you think. I might show off some of the different items later, some really weird stuff though.

I have been looking more into how I want to get my car wrap. A car wrap is basically decals that you put on your car for advertising. It is highly recommended to get this done before you open to generate buzz. Having various videogame characters and logos make people know what it is about. Having free items inside to hand out is a plus also.

Supposedly there will be a new "swag" vendor that will allow you to buy limited quantities. Problem with this vendor is that you HAVE to buy everything in bulk which kinda sucks especially the quantities they list.

But anyway... I was wondering on some of your ideas of designs or if you have a design, im more than willing to look at it. Here are some a company called Houston Wraps have done. Some look pretty good, a little busy, but shows you how clear they are.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/38788542@N00/e13897

The characters I have in mind are Mario from SSB Brawl, Master Chief from Halo 3 and possibly Kratos from God of War on the back. The car in mind is a Scion xB. I like it because it has large sides so visibility will be very good. Also these cars tend to stand out.

But give me some of your ideas. These wraps cost around $2000-3500. They are removable with no damage to the car. So down the road I can get another one with updated characters or If I am doing a promotion I can change it to keep it fresh.

Tell me what you think.

[quote name='bingbangboom']Yeah we do sell older games, we do have the Yobo systems which play older games and work on newer tvs, so a better signal instead of the old rf adapter.

From talking to a lot of owners, they make a lot of sales with these older games. It also differs you from the competition. Many times someone will buy a huge lot of games, especially if you get the original system in stock. Typically they like get a used original NES and sells out within a week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, older games are a huge money tank, especially with essentially no other major competition for older used games (in retail that is), some people still want the experience of going to a story to buy a game. There are tons of kids who are still playing N64's and Gameboy Colors just because they have not upgraded yet. When it comes to older games basically your only competitor is ebay.

There is an independent shop here, they are overpriced of course and I can get better deals on ebay but every time they get a used NES in stock its usually gone within a few days, I think people really look for used, old NES systems because they don't want to bother fixing theirs or they don't know how. Make sure you have a large stock of NES connectors on hand to fix those broken systems!

[quote name='SaraAB']Yeah, older games are a huge money tank, especially with essentially no other major competition for older used games (in retail that is), some people still want the experience of going to a story to buy a game. There are tons of kids who are still playing N64's and Gameboy Colors just because they have not upgraded yet. When it comes to older games basically your only competitor is ebay.

There is an independent shop here, they are overpriced of course and I can get better deals on ebay but every time they get a used NES in stock its usually gone within a few days, I think people really look for used, old NES systems because they don't want to bother fixing theirs or they don't know how. Make sure you have a large stock of NES connectors on hand to fix those broken systems![/QUOTE]

Yeah, the nice thing is that we sell a new system that plays the NES games on new tvs. They work very well, but I do know that they have that retro feeling of owning the original.

Some bad knews though, seems the landlord wants to stick with the 2,000 sq ft. for the location so we will have to keep looking. Sucks so bad because I like the location but it is far too much money to spend for the spot. Hopefully we can get something just as good down the road.

This also more than likely means that we will not be open by the end of the year. There is still a slight possiblity but I really doubt it at this point.

I heard that there will eventually be around 10 Play N Trade stores in the Portland area, so it's interesting to read about the trials of getting a PNT opened up. Best of luck finding a new location and getting the store open!

[quote name='DigitalSpace']I heard that there will eventually be around 10 Play N Trade stores in the Portland area, so it's interesting to read about the trials of getting a PNT opened up. Best of luck finding a new location and getting the store open![/QUOTE]

Yeah right now the big hot spots are Florida, Texas and California. They seem to have the most stores.

Hey people, currently we are still looking and I have found another location that looks promising but won't get more information till next week. Problem is that it isn't even built yet, so I don't exactly know when construction will be complete on it. But it is a lower rent and more the size the franchise is looking for.

There is still a possiblity that the landlord will agree to the 1824 sq ft... but we don't really know. Sorta wait and see approach. Sucks to have to be patient and I really did want that location and really want to aggressively go head to head against Gamestop.

This other location does have a couple Gamestop's in the area so we will see.

Anyone have any questions or ideas?

Wow, the cars look nice with the game decals... definitely an attention grabber on the street or in the parking lot.

Play and Trade eh? sounds fresh...

One just opened up over labor day here in St. Louis. I didn't even know about it until 2 days ago when I drove by.

I must say there was absolutely nothing impressive about it at all. Everything was overpriced and there was very little selection.

Hopefully you don't run into these problems, though the one thing that stood out is that they said they price match anything, used or new.

[quote name='schuerm26']One just opened up over labor day here in St. Louis. I didn't even know about it until 2 days ago when I drove by.

I must say there was absolutely nothing impressive about it at all. Everything was overpriced and there was very little selection.

Hopefully you don't run into these problems, though the one thing that stood out is that they said they price match anything, used or new.[/QUOTE]

One thing I would say is to give that store time because initial inventory is always low. As the weeks go on, they will get more used games and new games. Typically they run specials for the first few months to try to get more used games.

Trust me, you prob got the same impression I got when I went to my first PNT store that opened up. It was pretty empty and the selection was not there. Now they are up to par with the competition. The Retro games are very full too with a ton of N64 and NES games.

Give it time, go back in a month and see if you notice a change.

Just wanted to show you some new offers if you have any PNT stores near you. Might want to take advantage of some of these. Mainly advertising new games and some price drops. They do have a couple coupons... one for 20% extra for trade in credit. Another is $3 off Halo 3 Tournament Entry, which isn't bad.

http://playntrade.com/mailer/pdf/100807-mailer.pdf

A few more coupons.

One is for 30% extra trade in credit during tournament days.

coupon_30.jpg

The other is for a free disc cleaning when you buy a game. Not a bad deal especially if you have some old games.

coupon_cleaning.jpg

One thing that is kinda interesting are the pictures that they used for alot of the coupons and even in the backgrounds for the coupons. They used old retro stuff and even stuff I don't know what they are. The background for the coupons have alot of classic videogame characters. Just interesting.

Nice! I just saw that the Play 'n Trade near me will be on Mineral Spring Ave, and I live RIGHT off of that road, awesome. I'll definitely be checking it out, many times. :D

Interesting, there is one coming soon to my area. Definitely plan to check it out once the grand opening is announced. Maybe even get a job there :D

Sorry if has been asked before, I skimmed some of the previous pages but I didnt see an answer.

Is there a "penalty" for trading in incomplete games? Meaning disc only with no manual/case. That's the one thing I hate about stores with used items is that people, especially picky gamers like myself, hate to find games they want only to find out that it has no original manual/cover art/case.

[quote name='bingbangboom']One thing that is kinda interesting are the pictures that they used for alot of the coupons and even in the backgrounds for the coupons. They used old retro stuff and even stuff I don't know what they are. The background for the coupons have alot of classic videogame characters. Just interesting.[/quote]

Yeah, that 30% off coupon made me wonder if somebody at PNT really liked R.O.B. and Legendary Wings, or what.

Excellent coupons nonetheless, thanks!

Something I recommend you do is game.Game behind the register.Play COD4 online,Halo 3,Bioshock,Marvel vs Capcom,any great game. Have speakers hooked up so that anyone passing by the store notices.Just not very loud that it disturbs your customers already inside the store.

[quote name='sasukekun']Interesting, there is one coming soon to my area. Definitely plan to check it out once the grand opening is announced. Maybe even get a job there :D

Sorry if has been asked before, I skimmed some of the previous pages but I didnt see an answer.

Is there a "penalty" for trading in incomplete games? Meaning disc only with no manual/case. That's the one thing I hate about stores with used items is that people, especially picky gamers like myself, hate to find games they want only to find out that it has no original manual/cover art/case.[/QUOTE]

The value for a complete package is better then a non complete package. You can ask also if the game is complete too. As far as a penalty, that is up to the store and it's owner, typically it won't be as much as having everything.

[quote name='aihuman']Something I recommend you do is game.Game behind the register.Play COD4 online,Halo 3,Bioshock,Marvel vs Capcom,any great game. Have speakers hooked up so that anyone passing by the store notices.Just not very loud that it disturbs your customers already inside the store.[/QUOTE]

Well behind the register we would be showing pre-order ads or videogame trailers. THe 8 other screens will be playing games. I would like to play some videogame music, but we will see about the royalty fees with that. It is not inside a mall so the music playing loud when people pass by will not help.

Sorry to hear about the Peoples Plaza location.

Where is this new location you found that isn't constructed at located, if you don't mind me asking?

[quote name='Flyersfan']Sorry to hear about the Peoples Plaza location.

Where is this new location you found that isn't constructed at located, if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE]

Looking into it, it will not be complete till January 2009. So it might be possible for a secondary store... but not right now.

Still looking hoping to have an update soon.

[quote name='bingbangboom']Looking into it, it will not be complete till January 2009. So it might be possible for a secondary store... but not right now.

Still looking hoping to have an update soon.[/QUOTE]
Any word on the Riverside, CA location. Like when it's supposed to be open and where it's being built? And if they are hiring :D

Play N Trade should have some good ideas. I don't really like the "royalty fee" they charge but I was looking into opening one where I live. I just don't have the cash right now.

Anyway, Having owned a game/anime/comic store for 10 years I can tell you it pays to know your competition. I started my store from my home and finally a B&M storefront. I am looking into opening again.

By competition, I mean EVERYONE that sells what you sell.

Better yet Email me. [email protected]

I will PM My number to you.

Andre'

[quote name='sasukekun']Any word on the Riverside, CA location. Like when it's supposed to be open and where it's being built? And if they are hiring :D[/QUOTE]

I don't know what city is in that area... i would check the website... typically when they have a location they appear on the map. From there you can call or request an application.

There are like over 20 Cali locations not opened yet... so I don't know what city are near your area.

[quote name='bingbangboom']I don't know what city is in that area... i would check the website... typically when they have a location they appear on the map. From there you can call or request an application.

There are like over 20 Cali locations not opened yet... so I don't know what city are near your area.[/QUOTE]
http://www.playntrade.com/riverside/

All it says is coming soon. I guess I'll contact Pat Harriman, since he's listed as the contact on there.

bread's done
Back