Quantum Break - PC version free if you pre-order Xbox One version, also free Alan Wake + expansions

boylover

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/quantum-break-xbox-one-digital-download/1000006305.p?id=1000006304&skuId=1000006305

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

All copies of Quantum Break on Xbox One will come with Alan Wake + DLC episodes playable on the 360 and Xbox One (now backwards compatible).

Pre-orders will also get you download codes to redeem for the Windows 10 PC version of Quantum Break, and the Xbox version of Alan Wake's American Nightmare (also X1 compatible).

Basically, if you really wanted to just play the PC version of Quantum Break you could easily pre-order this, get the download code, then sell your Xbox One copy. You'll also score the Alan Wake downloads.

The article says pre-order at Xbox Store or "participating retailers" though none are specifically mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the current best deal would be:
Discover deals 5% cashback online at Microsoft store

Buy digital code + 10 xbox live gift card for 59.99

Redeem code at xbox live

That way you should get Quantum Break for W10 and XOne, all the alan wake games and a 10 xbox live gift card for 59.99 - 5% (10% if you activated double cashback this year), so 57/53

Correct?
Where do you see digital code + xbox live gift card for 59.99. link please.

EDIT- found it, http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Quantum-Break-for-Xbox-One/productID.335339100

very tempting, makes u wonder that this game is bad or really short like 1886.

Quantum Break-xbox one

Quantum Break- PC

Alan Wake Nightmare

$10 gift card for xbox

total- 59.99

Lol.. I'm dreading the duEl download. My Comcast cap is gonna go to shit this month after xb1 and pc download.
I have them too and exceed the cap all the time from all the games I get and then some. Do they throttle? Always too lazy to research it

For those that ordered through the Microsoft online store, did you get your codes immediately for pre-download?

Really considering cancelling my BB order for physical and selling the PC code instead of getting GCU.

For those that ordered through the Microsoft online store, did you get your codes immediately for pre-download?

Really considering cancelling my BB order for physical and selling the PC code instead of getting GCU.
No.

They said I would get the code this week.

Hopefully tomorrow.

No.

They said I would get the code this week.

Hopefully tomorrow.
Odd. Decided to do it and did get it immediately (the X1 version) and am pre-loading as I type.

Not sure how long it will be to get the PC code though. Would like to dump it ASAP before eBay gets flooded.

Check your order on the site. It should have the code right on the page.

Now I just hope the free PC code comes by tomorrow.

And holy crap is this download for the preinstall going slow. Just 6% after like 45 minutes! Might not be playing at midnight at this rate.

For anyone interested head over to the trade board for Windows 10 codes. I have a thread up too.

Sorry if I didn’t make myself clear.

I misunderstood the question.

I got the XB1 version immediately. I was able to preload the game and the video episodes.

The PC version code is supposed to be sent via email sometime this week.

Again, sorry for the confusion. 

I'll pick it up in the morning, then let it install while I'm at school. Can you install the videos without having the game, so I don't have to run the 75-GB install tomorrow? I'd rather let it go overnight.

I'll pick it up in the morning, then let it install while I'm at school. Can you install the videos without having the game, so I don't have to run the 75-GB install tomorrow? I'd rather let it go overnight.
Nope. At least the in-game menu says the game must be installed to download the episodes.

Played through Act 1, but didn't watch the show. So far it seems pretty fun. The gameplay feels good, I imagine it'll get better the more you use the powers. Gotta be up at 6:30 to take the kids to school, maybe I'll play some more then. My friend is dying to play it and I told him he can have my PC code, hopefully those get sent out sometime soon. Are we still supposed to get Alan Wake also? Or just American Nightmare?

Not that it matters, my backlog is officially out of control. I've pretty much have to come to terms that some games I won't even get to play. Lol

I am stoked to get off work and play Quantum Break. Seems like April is a pretty busy month with this, Star Fox Zero, Enter the Gungeon , and of course Dark Souls 3. I feel like the black log will continue to grow. 

Fingers crossed the PC codes are sent out soon. I went half and half on this game with a friend and I don't want to leave him hanging.

Also, I preordered this on the 4th, but haven't received any messages with codes for the Alan Wake games. How long after placing your order did you get your copies of Alan Wake?

Fingers crossed the PC codes are sent out soon. I went half and half on this game with a friend and I don't want to leave him hanging.

Also, I preordered this on the 4th, but haven't received any messages with codes for the Alan Wake games. How long after placing your order did you get your copies of Alan Wake?
7-10 after the game comes out

Got an Alan Wake code emailed from Best Buy after deciding to go digital and having not picked up my physical BB order. Strange because they usually never send them out before you actually pick up an item.

Quantum Break Episode Pack

Optional Offline Episodes for Quantum Break. Requires the Quantum Break game to be installed to access this content. Download them, so you don't have to stream them.
saw that but 75gb is a little much..

Just to confirm, I haven't reached this point in the game yet but I assume they will just stream when it comes to it? I'm not missing out on anything buy not downloading this pack correct?

Not sure if this was mentioned. Once you receive your DLC code for Alan Wake Expanision, it actually unlocks the original game as well. I thought it was going to be a separate code. Hope that helps. Still haven't received the Windows 10 Copy as of yet.

these downloads kinda suck haha i have a cap of 150gb per month with my isp and between the game and the episodes thats like 120 gb!

Quantum Break Episode Pack

Optional Offline Episodes for Quantum Break. Requires the Quantum Break game to be installed to access this content. Download them, so you don't have to stream them.
Didn't start an install on my XB1. I had to go find it in the Store, but I've got the episodes installing now. Headed to BB in a few to go get the game.

saw that but 75gb is a little much..

Just to confirm, I haven't reached this point in the game yet but I assume they will just stream when it comes to it? I'm not missing out on anything buy not downloading this pack correct?
Yes, they can stream. The concern is that when I was watching Windows Central stream it 2 weeks ago, the servers weren't stable, and the video buffered quite a bit, especially near the end of it. I've got enough HDD space (250 GB or so) to install the videos and game, beat it in then uninstall it before DOOM is even out. Plus, I probably have another 100+ GB in games I don't even play on my HDD, if I ever actually need the space (with TMCC's 60+ GB probably the first I'd dump).

So far the game is excellent. I got the Xbox One digital download version and downloaded all the episodes, but I've only reached the first episode to this point. As a big fan of "The Wire", I'm really happy with the cast. ;)

Anyhow, this is a great example of next-gen quality. It's the type of game I'd grown accustomed to from Sony exclusives - Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, that kind of thing. 

But I have yet to get any of the codes for the W10 version or the Alan Wake stuff. Hoping to see it soon. 

So far the game is excellent. I got the Xbox One digital download version and downloaded all the episodes, but I've only reached the first episode to this point. As a big fan of "The Wire", I'm really happy with the cast. ;)

Anyhow, this is a great example of next-gen quality. It's the type of game I'd grown accustomed to from Sony exclusives - Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, that kind of thing.

But I have yet to get any of the codes for the W10 version or the Alan Wake stuff. Hoping to see it soon.
Alan Wake is 7 - 10 days

bread's done
Back