Queens OTT The Stone Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Popeil is actually the inventor of stuff, so he gets mad royalties. Mays is just an ad-man, but he gets all the money for accounts in that he's pretty much the whole outfit. I'd guess other infomercial people are just actors in most cases, so they get paid whatever actors get per week.

Just watched Waking Life for the first time and holy shit was it crazy. I loved it though :lol: . Now listening to some tunes :D.

[quote name='zewone']You should. Okami is probably going to be the 2nd best game of this year.

1st being Zelda. Hopefully, I get to own it.[/quote]
Guitar Hero II is the best game of the year, followed by FFXII, Okami, and Bully.

man, I finally figured out why I couldn't get flash audio (and other audio of non-mp3 files on my computer) to work.
All it was was a stupid codec that messed itself up somehow. All I had to do was uninstall it and reinstall it and the problem was solved.

[quote name='LiquidNight']man, I finally figured out why I couldn't get flash audio (and other audio of non-mp3 files on my computer) to work.
All it was was a stupid codec that messed itself up somehow. All I had to do was uninstall it and reinstall it and the problem was solved.[/QUOTE]
I fucking hate all you have to go through to play all the audio and video crap people use. It's just fucking lame to need shitty programs like quicktime.

[quote name='Eviltude']I fucking hate all you have to go through to play all the audio and video crap people use. It's just fucking lame to need shitty programs like quicktime.[/quote]CCCP takes care of all your audio/video needs. Use Media Player Classic (included). Note that if you get it, you should remove all other codec packs you have installed becauseas they may interfere with CCCP and because it does everything they do already.
This was the first ever time that I had an issue with it, and it was a quick fix.

The overall, cross platform GOTY is so tricky because of different genres. Looking back, I think a game not only has to be good, but should either be a significant improvement or should bring something new to a genre.

What makes Guitar Hero 2 good is the music selection. Its gonna be fantastic, and I guess if you're going to go off popularity it has a chance, but I dont see it happening. Okami and FFXII probably have a good chance, especially in their genre subcategories. For some reason I just dont see Bully being there at all. You certainly cant count out Zelda yet, especially with it not being out. The previous incarnations certainly have scored well in this sort of thing.

[quote name='DT778']UMK3 for GOTY.[/QUOTE]Which year? Also, no Rain or Noob? It can't be very unbalanced at all, the pile of crap.

[quote name='mr ryles']Oblivion for multi platform GOTY?[/quote]Meh, Oblivion was fun for a little while, but it quickly lost its novelty IMO.

GOTY will likely be FFXII or Zelda. Possibly Gears of War if it is as good as they say. Sports game of the year will go to tony hawk 8.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Wow. Well I'm feeling pretty fuckin' great. I think I'll go to sleep before it starts to fade. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, dude. Why go to sleep if you don't want to, though? It won't fade. :D

[quote name='Saucy Jack']That's awesome, dude. Why go to sleep if you don't want to, though? It won't fade. :D[/QUOTE]

It always fades. Sleep and hope it carries over into the morning.

[quote name='Strell']I think it's funny that a game that plays itself might be considered GOTY.

Plays itself + fuckload of movies = profit.[/QUOTE]

...the fuck you talkin' about?

[quote name='mr ryles']It always fades. Sleep and hope it carries over into the morning.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but it would most likely fade overnight. Might as well just ride it out, and if it fades before your head hits the pillow, you can start off fresh the next day.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']The overall, cross platform GOTY is so tricky because of different genres. Looking back, I think a game not only has to be good, but should either be a significant improvement or should bring something new to a genre.

What makes Guitar Hero 2 good is the music selection. Its gonna be fantastic, and I guess if you're going to go off popularity it has a chance, but I dont see it happening. Okami and FFXII probably have a good chance, especially in their genre subcategories. For some reason I just dont see Bully being there at all. You certainly cant count out Zelda yet, especially with it not being out. The previous incarnations certainly have scored well in this sort of thing.[/quote]
Guitar Hero II shines with the co-op mode and the fact that it has instant gratification unlike any other game out there. Add the fact that it appeals to gamers and non-gamers with it's easy to pick-up and intuitive controls and there's not much reason that it can't be a game of the year.

As for Bully, it's a game that emphasizes story and character interaction unlike what we've seen in any game out there. It even tries to teach next-gen games a thing or two about story and presentation. It should get the GotY honor just to spite every person that stereotyped the game based on the title alone with no facts to back their claims at all. The gameplay's no slouch either as it just combines the experience of everything that Rockstar's done this generation and more.

Heck, I'll even throw in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence just on the basis with how much better the game gets with the free-moving camera and the new online mode.

You can throw in some of the non-PS2 stuff like Gears of War, Oblivion, and Zelda and there's a lot out there to choose between.

[quote name='Strell']Gambit system in FF12 = FF12 plays itself.[/QUOTE]
What a special way to view the gambit system.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Guitar Hero II is the best game of the year, followed by FFXII, Okami, and Bully.[/QUOTE]
Well I don't care for Guitar Hero, because of their music choices. (I'm not into classic rock).

And Okami is better than FFXII.

Bully is not even on the level of those two.

And I'm not counting Zelda as the GOTY yet, I just speculate it to be that good.

[quote name='Strell']Gambit system in FF12 = FF12 plays itself.[/QUOTE]
When I first heard/read about the Gambit system I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I was leaning towards "no".

After 20 hours with the game, the answer is "Yes. Yes, a whole bunch!".

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']For some reason I haven't been able to sleep more than 6 hours a night, lately. :whistle2:k[/quote]
I average a little over 5 hours of sleep a night, so 6 isn't bad. Have you changed anything in your sleep routine? New bed, sheets, pillow, blanket? Are you falling asleep later or just waking up earlier?

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']With all that game of the year talk I would just like to say that Resident Evil 4 should win GOTY again.[/quote]
Did RE4 even win any GOTY awards last year? I know it must have for the GC, but across platform, I don't think it did.

Guitar Hero II or Okami. Zelda possibly.

Gears of War a distant maybe. It's still a shooter, and a shooter should not win game of the year unless it completely revolutionizes the genre or is so freaking solid it's the obvious choice. That said, Gears of War could get it for the latter reason, but we'll see.

Kingdom Hearts II should win something, but not GotY. God Hand needs some nods.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']With all that game of the year talk I would just like to say that Resident Evil 4 should win GOTY again.[/QUOTE]

Bitch! Press A!

PRESS A!

[quote name='Z-Saber']Guitar Hero II or Okami. Zelda possibly.

Gears of War a distant maybe. It's still a shooter, and a shooter should not win game of the year unless it completely revolutionizes the genre or is so freaking solid it's the obvious choice. That said, Gears of War could get it for the latter reason, but we'll see.

Kingdom Hearts II should win something, but not GotY. God Hand needs some nods.[/QUOTE]

So a guitar game that seems to be basically an expansion pack can still win GOTY but not a shooter?

Don't forget everyone K-Fed's new album drops today. PICK THAT SHIT UP!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']So a guitar game that seems to be basically an expansion pack can still win GOTY but not a shooter?[/quote]YES.

Any questions?

Well, I finally went and decided to get home phone service. Going thru my cable provider. Only down side is that I have to pay a 100 dollar deposit, which can be broken up into 3 $33 payments. I have to do the first one today. And my phone bill is gonna be a little over 20 once they add taxes and crap in...

[quote name='dcfox']I average a little over 5 hours of sleep a night, so 6 isn't bad. Have you changed anything in your sleep routine? New bed, sheets, pillow, blanket? Are you falling asleep later or just waking up earlier?[/QUOTE] No, no changes. Just waking up earlier.

[quote name='dcfox']Did RE4 even win any GOTY awards last year? I know it must have for the GC, but across platform, I don't think it did.[/QUOTE]

It won overall on gamespot, not on IGN though, stupid god of war.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I used to have a phone, but then I remembered I never talk to anyone, and ditched it in favor of just my cell.[/quote]

Considering my partner has lost his cell I have no way of contacting him or even our room mate who doesn't even want to get another cell. It aggrivates me to no end when I can reach my partner when I'm out and I need to get a hold of him for something. Now we have to work on at least getting him a pay as you go phone, I'm thinking TMobile if we have to go that route

I'm getting ready to unload my PS2 and a few things on my brother. Everything I have left I am updating on my list and its going out ASAP hopefully. Check it out soon if you are even remotley interested. Pretty much cut throat prices is how I'm thinking now.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Considering my partner has lost his cell I have no way of contacting him or even our room mate who doesn't even want to get another cell. It aggrivates me to no end when I can reach my partner when I'm out and I need to get a hold of him for something. Now we have to work on at least getting him a pay as you go phone, I'm thinking TMobile if we have to go that route[/quote]

Can't speak for TMobile, but I've had a Virgin pay as you go phone for a couple years now. It costs $20 every three months and has been incredibly easy and reliable. Target periodically has sales on their minutes cards, too, sometimes making it $15 every three months.

Of course, we barely use it. I am thinking of getting another though, so we can both have one.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']No, no changes. Just waking up earlier.[/quote]
Well, if you're not waking up tired I'd say you're alright. Maybe you all of sudden gained an overwhelming desire to live life to it's fullest so your body is getting up earlier but your mind just don't know it yet.:whistle2:k

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back