Radiant Silvergun (SEALED - Saturn-JP) $500 at Play-Asia - Touched by CheapyD ;)

[quote name='mxpowar']Is the disc made out of gold or something?[/quote]
No, it's just one of the rarer Saturn titles due to the low amount that were printed and how overly sought it is.

If only I knew. Electronics Boutique store around here sold this and a handful of other saturn imports. They sat there and sat there. Eventually the game was clearanced out for $30-40, something like that. Still passed. Ugh.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']If only I knew. Electronics Boutique store around here sold this and a handful of other saturn imports. They sat there and sat there. Eventually the game was clearanced out for $30-40, something like that. Still passed. Ugh.[/quote]
- I kick myself every once in a while too. I had a chance to buy it at Chinatown in NY when if first came out. Instead, I bought a couple of REALLY crappy DVD's. Of course, I didn't know they were crap at the time.

[quote name='SDC']How do we know it isn't resealed? I'd be more comfortable with the $219 used copy.[/QUOTE]
With the way Japanese Saturn games were sealed, that is a VERY valid question. Personally, I wouldn't pay $500 for a sealed Cotton, much less RS. Then again, I've never been that huge of a treasure fan.

Too bad shipping kills the deal... and the fact that, you know, it's $500 and all.;)

How many copies printed? Like 3 or something?

[quote name='Graystone']I see a few people don't realize the rarity of this.[/quote]

So $500 is a steal? I'd expect it to be gone by now if it's such a stellar deal.

I'm surprised anyone would pay $500 for a game, but then again I recently saw an eBay auction for a Yugioh card go over $2500.

Ah, so this really is a sealed copy? As amazing as the price and rarity of sealed Radiant Silverguns are, I'm even more blown away by the fact that some rich douche eventually buys one.

And I say douche because what the hell does someone do with this after they buy it? They can't open it and enjoy it as that will kill the value...no, they have to hold on to it and hope it increases in collectibility or just let it sit there in a glass case in some climate-controlled environment, never to see the natural light of day again.

[quote name='gunm']Ah, so this really is a sealed copy? As amazing as the price and rarity of sealed Radiant Silverguns are, I'm even more blown away by the fact that some rich douche eventually buys one.

And I say douche because what the hell does someone do with this after they buy it? They can't open it and enjoy it as that will kill the value...no, they have to hold on to it and hope it increases in collectibility or just let it sit there in a glass case in some climate-controlled environment, never to see the natural light of day again.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't see what's so wrong about this. If they bought it, they should do whatever they want with it.

And if this were $200 less, I'd find a way to buy it.

[quote name='gunm']There's nothing wrong with it, but only rich douches would buy it.[/quote]

What makes them douches if there's nothing wrong with it?

I saw a copy for $200 at Otakon in the Dealer's Room this year... I could've sworn it was sealed, but it could've been resealed. Nonetheless, $200 was more than I spent the entire weekend so I couldn't justify the purchase.

[quote name='Rocko']What makes them douches if there's nothing wrong with it?[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, if I were rich and spent my money on something like that, I'd consider myself a rich douche too. Is it wrong? Nope. But would I be a better person spending that money on something else that wasn't quite so lavishly materialistic and over-the-top? Yeah, probably.

Edit: it's like those millionaires who buy space flights or fighter jets for themselves or spending millions on trying to circle the globe in their hot air balloon, or experimental airplane or whatever--are they wrong to spend their money they way they want to? Of course not. But would that money have been better served in some philantropic venture?

They had Hyper Duel a few weeks back for $140. I was SO tempted to buy and I was very willing. I contacted Play-Asia about it in regards to the game including the spine card and after a few days they responded back, it did, but was already sold, GRR!!!! Now I'll have to pay $200 on eBay when the next one reappears 8 months from now damn you rare games why!!!!

[quote name='cyrix`']I love how if this were discussed on dp they'd all would have different reactions.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it'll sell as soon as they catch wind of it.

dp = gamers with too much money, taking the word "e-penis" to stratospheric heights. yeah, I said it. apologies to cags who are hardcore collectors on dp. I respect your infatuation with collecting, even admire many of the items I see, but what I said still stands :lol:

Radiant Silvergun is actually up there with Panzer Dragoon Saga as one of the most extremely rare/valuable/quality collectible Saturn classics still barely in circulation and is the spiritual predecessor of Ikaruga.

This is just going to end up on Virtual Console or Live at some point. If something was really that good and they could make money off of it then they will. Especially if they don't actually have to produce an actual disc of it. I'm a fan of collecting and all but sometimes things get out of hand.

[quote name='MCalvert1']If only I knew. Electronics Boutique store around here sold this and a handful of other saturn imports. They sat there and sat there. Eventually the game was clearanced out for $30-40, something like that. Still passed. Ugh.

MjC[/quote]

I got a copy of this and several of the vs. 2d fighting games at just such an EB for a friend of mine who had a Saturn and the ram cart. It was in the summer of 1999. I don't know if he still has it or not. I want to say I paid about $15 for each game.

I used to work at EB when we carried these Saturn games...I had all of them. I kinda wish I still had Radiant Silvergun, but the $150 I got for it on ebay a few years back was more than worth it...especially since the thing was practically free via exploiting trade in deals. Those were the days.

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Wish someone would make a competent Saturn emulator.[/QUOTE]

Actually, there was a rom for RS on MAME but last time I checked (like in 2004) it wasn't working.

I run this game off emulation. You need apowerful computer to run the emulator because of how the saturn had complications in programming because of the cpus. It won't run on Semprons or Celerons. You need at least Athlon 64 or a Pentium IV, but preferably a Core 2 Duo.

I actually have a Radiant Silvergun arcade machine which, of course, means that I have the ST-V cartridge.....is that worth much?

In the true CAG spirit, I got the machine for *wait for it* FREE!! Dude just wanted it out of this strip mall space he bought/leased. I rounded up my buddy with a truck faster than you could say, "IKARUGA!":lol:

Oh yeah, I also managed to scoop an AV Famicom off of Play-Asia for $99...that was the only one in stock too. Description said it was used, but it showed up FACTORY SEALED. Of course I opened it and played the shyt out of it!

Having it remade for another system would not really alter the value. GT final bout only went down because it was arguably one of the worst fighting games ever. Once it was no longer rare, nobody cared about it. Radiant Silvergun, though, is a classic shooter that is arguably the best game Treasure has made (I prefer guardian heroes, personally). Also having it factory sealed helps it quite a bit. Look at a game like Ikaruga. It was originally released on the dreamcast in japan, then was released here on the gamecube. Being released on the gamecube in the US really did not alter its value at all for the japanese dreamcast version. It is how the mind of a collector works.

[quote name='raregamergirl']Having it remade for another system would not really alter the value. GT final bout only went down because it was arguably one of the worst fighting games ever. Once it was no longer rare, nobody cared about it. Radiant Silvergun, though, is a classic shooter that is arguably the best game Treasure has made (I prefer guardian heroes, personally). Also having it factory sealed helps it quite a bit. Look at a game like Ikaruga. It was originally released on the dreamcast in japan, then was released here on the gamecube. Being released on the gamecube in the US really did not alter its value at all for the japanese dreamcast version. It is how the mind of a collector works.[/quote]
What about the ST-V version of Radiant Silvergun? Know anything about that?

I can get a full kit for this game minus the marquee and ST-V board for $240 + ship anytime. So it's worth almost as much an opened copy of the Saturn version.

[quote name='Knoxximus']I actually have a Radiant Silvergun arcade machine which, of course, means that I have the ST-V cartridge.....is that worth much?[/quote]

I remember all my friends laughing at me when I bought my sega saturn and everyone bought a ps2. Now my collection's value has quintupled. I owned panzer dragoon saga, panzer Dragoon II, Radiant silvergun, Dragonforce, Burning rangers, Christmas nights, Saturn Bomberman, grandia, and guardian heroes . The weird thing is when I bought them I just bought them cause I thought they'd be fun to play but it turns out they were the ones that skyrocketed in value. I was dumb and sold guardian heroes at face value before I knew what I had. I sold burning rangers and Dragon force for a pretty penny and am thinking of selling Grandia, I can't part with saturn bomberman cause that's the best party game ever (ten players!!!!) and am keeping Panzer dragoon saga cause of it's status as one of the rarest of all. RADIANT SILVERGUn is the best. it's totally worth the 200 clams. now if it went up to 400 then I'd sell mine but not at 200. that's how good RS is.

Not sure of the exact value. Seen on sell here and there and was not too valuable. Probably a little less than the saturn version. Will check into it for you, though, as I am curious.

Amazing game- I traded Cyberbots (shitty fighting game) for it. I play it about once or twice every year. I'd never sell it.

Be attitudes for gains
Flap arms.

If you haven't played the game- you wouldn't understand.

[quote name='SDC']How do we know it isn't resealed? I'd be more comfortable with the $219 used copy.[/quote]Maurice knows his shit...that's how. ;)

i wonder if anyone out there thinks they can make a profit off of this...

notsocheapassgamer.com? haha

buy at 500, sell at 1,300? LOL

bread's done
Back