Radio Shack clearance Nintendo 3DS $75, PS3 12GB Slim + Sports Champions 2 Move Bundle $97, Xbox 360 Slim 4GB $97

Electroplasm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Radio Shack clearance, in store only. All clearance items eligible for additional 25% off for a limited time.

DO NOT CALL IN ADVANCE OR THE EMPLOYEES WILL STEAL IT FROM YOU AND LIE ABOUT INVENTORY

Update 8/18/2014

Clearance prices can vary by store, depending on how popular an item is at a particular store. There can be price discrepancies between stores in any given area or state. The list below are the best case scenario clearance prices.

Items on Clearance (before tax):

1. Nintendo 3DS* black sku: 2602082 $99.99, $75 after 25% off
  2. 12GB PS3 Super Slim + Move Bundle + Sports Champions sku: 2603856 $129, $97 after 25%
  3. 12GB PS3 Super Slim CECH-4201A $129, $97 after 25%
  4. 4GB Xbox Slim** sku: 2601769 $129.99, $97.40 after 25%
  5. 160 GB PS3 Slim sku: 260-1792 $74.98 after 25% off or $110.89, prices vary.
*Regular size 3DS, all colors.

**Not the e-type, unknown whether they also stock the e-type.

Note: Some of the PS3 Super Slims are sold just as a single unit for $129, while others are sold as a Move bundle for $129. Offer varies by store.

Other Coupons/Discounts

A $10 off coupon is printed for every $30 spent. Example: 3DS bought for $75 prompts two $10 off coupons valid two days after printout. The coupon states that it cannot be used on gaming hardware but it will ring up automatically if the sales clerk allows the purchase anyway and rings it up for you.

10% University Student Discount stacks with 25% off clearance prices, contingent upon showing valid school ID.

Links

Inventory (most likely wrong, change zip code to store location & choose 5 mi radius for better results)

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4315082&s=null&znt_campaign=Category_CMS&znt_medium=RSCOM&znt_source=CAT&znt_content=CT4314709

You can only search for the purple on the site but diff stores have diff colors, like black most of the time i guess. It is best to just go to your local store.

store_clearance_event.png

Last edited by a moderator:
dang, $75 for a brand new 3ds xl, ugh im trying to figure out how to even ask them about those

need to get a sku for the xl or something

this wiil be my first 3ds lol, been drooling over my g/f's zelda xl and links awakening

i picked up fire emblem 2nite from the $15 off preorder target deal as my first game
How would you get an XL for 75$?
edit: mobile mess

I paid a total of $120 for a Black 3DS, and a Pink 3DS XL. I would definitely pick up a backup for $75. I gave my girlfriend the Black 3DS.
^^^ this guy said he got a pink 3ds xl

also, from what ive gathered making the rounds today, their stock checker is pretty dead on

if it says out of stock they really are out

the employee checked stock for me around the city and told me a couple locations showed they had only 1 each

for some reason i was in the right mood to take a shot, normally dont take hunts too far anymore

but sure enough each one had exactly 1 left, both of them had to go get it from the back "secret" room lol

^^^ this guy said he got a pink 3ds xl
i think he was just saying he got them in on some other deal and he was deciding on driving to a radio shack for this one. i could be wrong though. it can't help to ask for the xl as long as you are there, but i've never seen them at any radio shack and have no idea if they are on clearance. but if someone can confirm any xl price, i'll definitely add it to the op.

I'd totally get a pink 3DS XL on a good deal. Of course, I'd order a replacement shell, because I wouldn't take a pink anything out in public.

i think he was just saying he got them in on some other deal and he was deciding on driving to a radio shack for this one. i could be wrong though. it can't help to ask for the xl as long as you are there, but i've never seen them at any radio shack and have no idea if they are on clearance. but if someone scores one, i'll definitely add it to the op.
i see, hhmm, we need to summon him so he can clarify

hey CheapAssHustla so uuuuhhh hows it goin n stuff, did you get the pink 3ds xl on clearance from ratshack?

got one at $78.12. whats interesting is that as i was walking out of the store, i noticed that behind the 25% clearance since, it said 60% clearance. Now I'm wondering if it will go up to 60% off soon.

While I am curious the prices do not show up on the site so how do we know they are instore, or is it YMMV?
you might want to go to a store and if its not there, ask them to find a store with one, that's what I did. The guy was like, oh I bought the last one in the store, but let me check which stores have it.

While I am curious the prices do not show up on the site so how do we know they are instore, or is it YMMV?
It's YMMV. Not all stores have it on clearance for $100. Mine had it on clearance for around $135, and some stores apparently don't have it on clearance at all. You basically have to check in-store.

I went to my local radio shack today and apparently they were out of stock. He went out of his way to call 2 different stores that said they had them in stock and they are shipping one to this store for me to pick up. Though mine has it for $114 on clearance, still a really good deal.

Radio shack had a clearance sign for $149.99. Asked to scan it and was $129.99 and the employee said 25% off on top of that. $97.00 out the door thanks op.

There is also other things like a sandisk 4gb mp3 for $27.98, point Mobil case, ihome iPad 2 and android Bluetooth keyboard for $13. All pricing before $25% off.

Saw a radio shack 20w and 25w solder iron. The 25w says starter kit. Anyone use this and any reviews? I never did it before and would like to learn the basic. Was thinking oem Gameboy and putting in a Gameboy color parts Inside as my first project. Is that a good idea for a beginner? Also is the sandisk MP3 player worth getting for $20 and is the battery easy to replace?

I'm a new ps3 owner. Can the ps3 play 3d blu ray movies? Is it a good idea to use it also as a blu ray player? How does everyone here use ps3 for games only and a blu ray player to watch movies? Anyone recommend any good exclusive ps3 games with good replay value? Picked up fallout 3 goty and killzone 3

I wanted the PS3 and went to the nearest Radio Shack yesterday. I knew my store and others around would barely have it.

1. The price online is not correct.

2. Found a store nearby with 2 of them. Price was confirmed to be $129 and I told the associate that I would only get it at that price plus the 25% off.

3. Having it shipped to the same Radio Shack. EST is Saturday.

Hopefully it works out as I skipped the PS3-360 generation but I do own some games and a controller. Adding a HDD for $50 plus a ~$7 enclosure is not bad at all.

Also I'm getting the Destiny PS4 bundle so in hindsight I'm crazy...

Great deals, if you can get them. Locally, my efforts have failed. Though probably for the best, as I really don't need yet another 3DS lying around. 

But, I have to vent, RadioShack employees are the dumbest sacks of shit I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Never had a good experience with customer service at any of their stores ever. People who cry about Gamestop employees being at the bottom of the cesspool have never stepped inside a Radio Shack. 

Funny, I never have issues with any retail employees in-town, really. Our Target's employees are great (though they don't let you double-dip), Best But is MOSTLY fine, and GameStop's never really bad. Only Disc Replay is hell on wheels.

I'll see about hitting up some The Shack later today, I think. Out of curiosity, is there anywhere to flip these? I intend to get one for Fire Emblem, Pokémon, and Kingdom Hearts (if I can ever find a cheap PS3 to play the rest), but if there are others...

just got back from visiting a ton of radioshacks

found a couple other decent deals

xbox 360 wireless headset $9.97 to $7.48 after 25%

ps3 wireless headsets im only finding at $19.97 ($14.98 after discount)

got a sports champion 2 move bundle game + camera + move controller for $22.48 after discount

3 radioshacks in my city that had 1 ps3 in stock each all gave the same story... that it's a broken system and they cant sell it

oh well, i did get a ps3 from a different location though

also i asked about 3ds XLs at each store, they never carried them they all said, so that was misinformation about the pink 3ds xl

These are the locations that have the 12GB PS3.

RadioShack 01-2917 at 10300 little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, MD, 21044 has 3.

RadioShack 01-2486 at 15642 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, MD, 20866 has 1.

RadioShack 01-2936 at 15633 Emerald Way, Bowie, MD, 20716 has 1.

RadioShack 01-2476 at 7350 Baltimore Ave #12A, College Park, MD, 20740 has 1.

RadioShack 01-2044 at 1554 Annapolis Road, Odenton, MD, 21113 has 1.

Remember if you are a student, teacher or in the military you can get an additional 10% off. Just make sure you present a valid id. Good luck guys.

These are the locations that have the 12GB PS3.

RadioShack 01-2917 at 10300 little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, MD, 21044 has 3.

RadioShack 01-2486 at 15642 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, MD, 20866 has 1.

RadioShack 01-2936 at 15633 Emerald Way, Bowie, MD, 20716 has 1.

RadioShack 01-2476 at 7350 Baltimore Ave #12A, College Park, MD, 20740 has 1.

RadioShack 01-2044 at 1554 Annapolis Road, Odenton, MD, 21113 has 1.

Remember if you are a student, teacher or in the military you can get an additional 10% off. Just make sure you present a valid id. Good luck guys.
They informed me I wouldn't be able to get the additional 10% off when I asked about it today (as it was already going to be 25% off). You think I would be able to get the difference if I took the receipt to another store?

They informed me I wouldn't be able to get the additional 10% off when I asked about it today (as it was already going to be 25% off). You think I would be able to get the difference if I took the receipt to another store?
Go to another store, return and rebuy. You can certainly get an additional 10% off, If any RadioShack employee tells you other wise ask to either speak to the District Manager or call corporate.

Whats the trick to getting a store to ship a unit to you guys?  Also you think I could buy one at $150 and then do a return and re-buy at a store I know sells it for 129 + 25% off??

Whats the trick to getting a store to ship a unit to you guys? Also you think I could buy one at $150 and then do a return and re-buy at a store I know sells it for 129 + 25% off??
There is no trick, if the person in charge is nice enough, you'll have whatever it is you want within 3 days. FedEx and UPS frequently stop by the stores to ask if there is anything to ship out. If you buy it at $150, you can return rebuy it at another store for the cheaper price, just make sure you do it within 30 days.

You have a lot of knowledge, are you a past or present employee?  Im afraid that a clearance item has a no return policy, but I hope I'm wrong and your right.

There is no trick, if the person in charge is nice enough, you'll have whatever it is you want within 3 days. FedEx and UPS frequently stop by the stores to ask if there is anything to ship out. If you buy it at $150, you can return rebuy it at another store for the cheaper price, just make sure you do it within 30 days.
lol, so the trick is, getting lucky enough to find a "nice" person

2 stores i asked if they would do that, both said "no, we cant do it on clearance items"

its pretty funny, these employees just make up whatever it is they want to say to get rid of you and not do their job

they are terrible liars too

at least not all the stores were like that, only half of them were of the many i went to today

its weird, how come they rarely offer to do a transfer also? lazyness?

i bet its cuz they have to deal with old people all day with petty things and makes them hate the world hhahahaha

You have a lot of knowledge, are you a past or present employee? Im afraid that a clearance item has a no return policy, but I hope I'm wrong and your right.
I double checked about the return policy with a friend of mine who is an assistant manager at RadioShack. He said the return policy on clearance items is 30 days.

Go to another store, return and rebuy. You can certainly get an additional 10% off, If any RadioShack employee tells you other wise ask to either speak to the District Manager or call corporate.
Will do. Thanks.

Whats the trick to getting a store to ship a unit to you guys? Also you think I could buy one at $150 and then do a return and re-buy at a store I know sells it for 129 + 25% off??
No tricks. The associate I talked to yesterday actually asked me whether I would like to have one shipped to that particular store. I would have otherwise not known they could do that with items.

So long as you're not an asshat about it and act like a normal person, you would be surprised how employees treat you and are more willing to help you out in most circumstances ;)

hmmm i could buy the 3ds, get the two coupons, return the 3ds and than rebuy it using the two coupons !
i have the coupons

"Only one coupon can be redeemed per transaction, per visit."

"Excludes GAMING HARDWARE / SOFTWARE"

hhmm it also says

"May not be combined with other coupons or offers, including employee discount."

wonder if the computer will take it on a clearance item

also does gaming hardware mean accessories also?

any cags have luck finding this in nyc?  I tried one store near work to ask about the ps3 and the employee just looked it up on the website and told me they don't sell it. period.  I didn't even bother asking about the 3ds after that.

would love to get a spare 3ds to bring around with me cause I don't like carrying my zelda edition one for fear that I will drop it and the slim ps3 to replace the super slim i have right now since its annoying as hell when taking out the discs.

Hmmmm, do I really want to go to Radio Shack on my lunch break to look for a 3ds I don't need? God knows if I found one I would buy it because I can't resist a good deal. CAG Problems right?

Hmmmm, do I really want to go to Radio Shack on my lunch break to look for a 3ds I don't need? God knows if I found one I would buy it because I can't resist a good deal. CAG Problems right?
Same here, but hey there's one pretty close to my workplace so I guess I'll just stop by and pester the local employee. Worst case scenario I get a dork right?

Ok so i went with a buddy to another store, he got them to order him a black 3ds for shipped to his house for $90 after tax. I called my local radio shack that has the ps3 for the low price, they said i cannot do the return rebuy and cannot have the one in stock from another store at a higher price shipped to them. F

Does anyone know the item number for the black 3ds? Or any color other than purple for that matter? That way we could have them check inventory in nearby stores pretty easy

Hm.. I would have definitely grabbed a PS3, but the store locator shows nothing 50 miles from me and someone said they're pretty accurate about stock. I guess the bay area for California is out of luck.

I'm still looking for one in Southern Cali. Why does it seem like no employees know how to look up local inventory :c

Hm.. I would have definitely grabbed a PS3, but the store locator shows nothing 50 miles from me and someone said they're pretty accurate about stock. I guess the bay area for California is out of luck.
yeah i said that, but i found out only the "within 5 mile radius" works correctly (maybe 10 mile also, but i would stick to the default)

try inputting in each individual radio shacks zipcode in your city and only do default "5 mile radius"

anything other than the "5 mile radius" option wont give accurate results

i went to official radio shack website store locator and put city and state (not zip) so it shows all radio shacks, then i put each ones zip code using 5 mile radius option and surprisingly found a bunch more that showed stock

very very weird

Weird. I did 5 at first, though, but both 5 and 10 show nothing near here. I tried the locator, though. I found one store in Danville carrying it, at least. Would hate to drive that far just to hear it's full price, though.

Ok so I scored the 12gb ps3 by talking the employee into matching a different locations price.  I basicially said "do you want to sell it or not??"  She had a fit with the guy on the phone from the other store and kept mumbling that radio shack is loosing money and giving shit away for free.  She also was convinced that I was trying to trick her and that this 12gb was part of a bundle cause the computer listed it as such.  I hate employees that act like they own the place or that their actions are going to reflect the bottom line.  Obviously someone higher up decided to clearance all these items.  

It came to $122 after tax, so not as great of a deal but I guess im somewhat satisfied.  Now I just need to find a great deal on a sub 500gb 7200rpm drive.

Side note:

Does anyone have any good ideas for speding the $10 coupons, since my total was over $120 I got 3 of them

bread's done
Back