Radio Shack clearance Nintendo 3DS $75, PS3 12GB Slim + Sports Champions 2 Move Bundle $97, Xbox 360 Slim 4GB $97

Electroplasm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Radio Shack clearance, in store only. All clearance items eligible for additional 25% off for a limited time.

DO NOT CALL IN ADVANCE OR THE EMPLOYEES WILL STEAL IT FROM YOU AND LIE ABOUT INVENTORY

Update 8/18/2014

Clearance prices can vary by store, depending on how popular an item is at a particular store. There can be price discrepancies between stores in any given area or state. The list below are the best case scenario clearance prices.

Items on Clearance (before tax):

1. Nintendo 3DS* black sku: 2602082 $99.99, $75 after 25% off
  2. 12GB PS3 Super Slim + Move Bundle + Sports Champions sku: 2603856 $129, $97 after 25%
  3. 12GB PS3 Super Slim CECH-4201A $129, $97 after 25%
  4. 4GB Xbox Slim** sku: 2601769 $129.99, $97.40 after 25%
  5. 160 GB PS3 Slim sku: 260-1792 $74.98 after 25% off or $110.89, prices vary.
*Regular size 3DS, all colors.

**Not the e-type, unknown whether they also stock the e-type.

Note: Some of the PS3 Super Slims are sold just as a single unit for $129, while others are sold as a Move bundle for $129. Offer varies by store.

Other Coupons/Discounts

A $10 off coupon is printed for every $30 spent. Example: 3DS bought for $75 prompts two $10 off coupons valid two days after printout. The coupon states that it cannot be used on gaming hardware but it will ring up automatically if the sales clerk allows the purchase anyway and rings it up for you.

10% University Student Discount stacks with 25% off clearance prices, contingent upon showing valid school ID.

Links

Inventory (most likely wrong, change zip code to store location & choose 5 mi radius for better results)

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4315082&s=null&znt_campaign=Category_CMS&znt_medium=RSCOM&znt_source=CAT&znt_content=CT4314709

You can only search for the purple on the site but diff stores have diff colors, like black most of the time i guess. It is best to just go to your local store.

store_clearance_event.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to snag a 4gb slim (not E-type) XBOX and a 12GB PS3.

Also, after having a store find me an xbox, I learned something about the deal. The clearance pricing is scaled per how many units of a particular item a store shifts (this was the theory given by a knowledgable clerk). His store had the xbox sku ring up at 174, where as a store 5 miles away (where I snagged both the systems) had the rock-bottom pricing. So it's sort of a YMMV deal and isn't universal.

That being said, any CAGs in NOVA (i.e. Northern Virginia), there is one more 4gb XBOX slim at the Vienna store off Leesburg Pike (the one near the best buy). They also might still have some PS3 12Gb. You can check the online stock system to see about the 12gb ps3. The XBOX is not visible via online.

Killer deal. Happy hunting.

When you say Xbox Slim, do you mean the E version?
the person cficare above said he got the non e-type. don't know if they have both versions though.

did you happen to get the coupon to work on another console, 3ds or ps3? i know that it states no gaming hardware but can't help to try
lmao, well, I just got a 360 slim, and the computer took the $10 coupon

but it does list all kinds of exclusions, so basically if u get an employee that just goes by what the computer lets him do and doesn't care about all the fine print u will be good to go

I also used my other one on same visit hahahahah even tho it says only one per visit (seperate transaction tho)

it's totally up to who you get, but yes the computer def takes the $10 coupon towards the consoles

oh ya, also it's slim version not E version like it says on the website, idk why the heck it says E version on the site

what's the diff btw, is one better than the other?

lmao, well, I just got a 360 slim, and the computer took the $10 coupon

but it does list all kinds of exclusions, so basically if u get an employee that just goes by what the computer lets him do and doesn't care about all the fine print u will be good to go

I also used my other one on same visit hahahahah even tho it says only one per visit (seperate transaction tho)

it's totally up to who you get, but yes the computer def takes the $10 coupon towards the consoles
awesome, thanks. i'll head there after work!

so it looks like the 360 S version is better than the E

S comes with 5 usb ports instead of 4 and S has optical audio out and standard multi a/v out which E loses

seems to be the only worthwhile differences though

forgot to mention, an employee said if something is under $10 and you want to use the $10 coupon that it will be free

i take it he means with no other purchase necessary

Radio Shack called me, said they'd only sell it at the $189 price listed. BS as it was $130 from the store they sent it from. They also said they couldn't change their price.

Looks like no sale for Radio Shack.

Finally managed to pick one up. Went to one store and they didn't have it but was cool about it and helped me look up another store. That store only had it marked down to 115 so paid about 93 after tax. Not sure if I should try return/rebuy at another store or not.

Also my coupons had a valid date starting 8/15. Anyone else had the same thing but coupons work anyway?

Side note:

Does anyone have any good ideas for speding the $10 coupons, since my total was over $120 I got 3 of them
I think someone said they cannot be combined. I was going to maybe use them for some short-term earphones (mine broke, then got lost), if I ever get my lazy butt out there.

Otherwise, I'd just buy batteries. I really don't know what the heck those places sell, so IDK what the options would be.

I really don't know what the heck those places sell, so IDK what the options would be.
Considering the state mine was in when I got there, I'd guess they sell crack under the counter. So the coupon would be YMMV in that scenario.

The inventory checker online doesnt seem to work very well, your best bet is to go in store and have them search your surrounding area for you.

What kind of computer component would you buy from RadioShack, and how overpriced are they on such things?
Wanted to get a case fan and a CPU cooler. I was actually surprised that the prices are pretty much the same as newegg, tiger direct, etc.

Only thing is I'd assume you have to pay tax (can do free ship to store). Tax wouldn't be an issue though if the $10 coupons work online, as it'd make it cheaper than anywhere else.

What kind of computer component would you buy from RadioShack, and how overpriced are they on such things?
Wanted to get a case fan and a CPU cooler. I was actually surprised that the prices are pretty much the same as newegg, tiger direct, etc.

Only thing is I'd assume you have to pay tax (can do free ship to store). Tax wouldn't be an issue though if the $10 coupons work online, as it'd make it cheaper than anywhere else.

Went to my local radioshack and all they had in this little strip of video game stuff was a few controllers and headsets all at full price. Do they keep their systems somewhere else or does my store just not sell any?

Went to my local radioshack and all they had in this little strip of video game stuff was a few controllers and headsets all at full price. Do they keep their systems somewhere else or does my store just not sell any?
The only way to find out is to ask an employee

It might be that they have a Clearance section, where all clearance items go, including consoles.

Ha 4?  I'm sitting here with the one I just got wondering why I bought it if I have a PS4 I hardly use that has good games coming out soon.  Plus the Playstation TV comes out later this year too for 99 bucks....

I picked up Xbox 4GB (2601769) for $87.66 pre tax and Nintendo 3DS black (2602082) for $67.14 pre tax.  Prices are reflecting 10% student discount as well.  Employees have access to their specific region in inventory, so maybe an average of 200-300 stores, so maybe if you get lucky, then can check for you.  There are skus for a purple 3DS and a red one as well, but I don't have those because they weren't on clearance anyway at my store.

Ask. they generally keep the gaming stuff in back, in my experience.

welp, somebody posted this deal to slickdeals, so... game over fellas
Maybe not. They knew about this for a couple months now. We had a thread on cag for it already(the $99 3ds's that is). Only thing new now is the 25% extra. They are just really hard to find. I guess the 25% and printed coupons might motivate some to drive all over looking though

I picked up Xbox 4GB (2601769) for $87.66 pre tax and Nintendo 3DS black (2602082) for $67.14 pre tax. Prices are reflecting 10% student discount as well. Employees have access to their specific region in inventory, so maybe an average of 200-300 stores, so maybe if you get lucky, then can check for you. There are skus for a purple 3DS and a red one as well, but I don't have those because they weren't on clearance anyway at my store.
That's the 2nd or 3rd time I've read this on here. So it DOES stack. Hmm, wonder why my local store wouldn't let me? I'd almost rather just pay the $97.xx, get 3 $10 coupons, do a return/rebuy at another store, use the $10 coupon, and try use the 10% off coupon. Doubtful it will work, but it would definitely be worth trying, that and I'd still be left with 2 $10 coupons.

Saw $20 ps store cards and some xbox cards at my radioshack. Exclusions say no gift/entertainment cards but I wonder if it'd work. 50% off ps store credit would be pretty nice. Otherwise I guess I'll just use it on batteries. I did buy a 2pack power strip but I needed that.

if someone doesn't want their 3ds, i'll trade them an amazon account with an equivalent, or higher balance than what they paid for it lol 

For anyone still looking for it, the item # for the black 3DS is 2602082

write it down and ask your local store to check inventory for you.

I picked up Xbox 4GB (2601769) for $87.66 pre tax and Nintendo 3DS black (2602082) for $67.14 pre tax. Prices are reflecting 10% student discount as well. Employees have access to their specific region in inventory, so maybe an average of 200-300 stores, so maybe if you get lucky, then can check for you. There are skus for a purple 3DS and a red one as well, but I don't have those because they weren't on clearance anyway at my store.
Damn, when I got mine for 100$ I had no clue about a student discount!

How are they validating the school id if they are doing that or do you just need one? I still have mine and would love to discount the 3ds some more.

I got the ps3 12 GB + move bundle for $97

The woman brought out a playstation move controller, ps3 eye camera, and sports champs 2 to go with the super slim. Everything was included for the $129 clearance price and rung up for $97 before tax after 25% off clearance. The transaction rang up automatically.

Went to radioshack in skokie, IL. The guy said they had none and none in the area have them since he already checked himself.

What was the price for xbox 360 and 3ds before the extra 25% off? Trying to see what was the lowest price.

My local RS stores don't even sell radios. How sad is that? No gaming items either unless I want to order it and pay 20% higher then current MSRP. :wall:

My local RS stores don't even sell radios. How sad is that? No gaming items either unless I want to order it and pay 20% higher then current MSRP. :wall:
The problem is if they change their name to something else, they'd lose some of the name recognition. Still, I must admit that I'll get radio through my phone when I'm not in the car. RS may or may not want to look into a name change.

On topic: I went into one earlier...and nada. I think I'm better off sitting at home typing posts for CAG instead of looking through the RSs.

Thing is, RadioShack's brand isn't exactly one instilling confidence. I mean, we're all here talking about how this is the first reason to actually consider going there in a long time. People are mentioning horribly-rude and incompetent staff. It's getting mentioned that their name doesn't even make sense nowadays.

Changing the store name might actually be a freaking positive. Call it TechShack or something, then train your employees to not suck and make a web site worth a darn.

Thing is, RadioShack's brand isn't exactly one instilling confidence. I mean, we're all here talking about how this is the first reason to actually consider going there in a long time. People are mentioning horribly-rude and incompetent staff. It's getting mentioned that their name doesn't even make sense nowadays.

Changing the store name might actually be a freaking positive. Call it TechShack or something, then train your employees to not suck and make a web site worth a darn.
Remember when they called themselves "The Shack?" I kept thinking this:

http://www.amazon.com/Shack-William-P-Young-ebook/dp/B001B8Z2S0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408130890&sr=8-1&keywords=the+shack

Yeah...both about the same time too, lol.

bread's done
Back