RahXephon Vol. 1 Collector's Box with T-Shirt for $5

Umm... you kind of need the rest of the series, lol.

But...

Evangelion > Rahxephon

^I just know that comment is going to piss someone off.

[quote name='seththefallen']At $5, I was all over this, cheapest shipping for me makes it $8.53 which might seem small but now we're over a dollar an episode which upsets me.[/quote]

But it also comes with an Artbox & T-Shirt. Most places dont sell anime t-shirts for $8.53, let alone ones that come with a dvd & Box.

Oh and my opinion: Rahxephon > Evangelion.

I know Rah borrowed a lot from Eva (understatement) , i just think the delivery was a lot less confusing (especially the end).

You should probably remember that the singles for the series are somewhat hard to find. Rightstuf still has SOME of them in stock at around 7-8.99!

This sat in the rightstuf bargain bin for awhile at 9.99. If you are looking to collect the series I highly suggest getting the movie that comes with the artbox. The artbox with the movie has room for the series and movie and is nowhere near as horrid looking at this one. It's a cheap way to get a tshirt though.

Meh, I already got the Movie Collector's Set that includes a box for all the DVD's and the movie. I may jump on this in anycase since in my opinion

RahXephon > Evangelion

Despite the lack of PenPen...

I say Eva's better as long as you skip the last two episodes and cap the series off with The End of Evangelion. Taken by itself RahXephon is good, even great. But I can't really forgive just how much it takes from Eva. My guess is that RahXephon is so well done, you'll most likely prefer whichever series you see first. Just don't forget who its daddy is.

A steaming pile of shit > Evangelion

RahXephon rips off Evangelion a lot, but heck. It's Eva without Shinji. If that appeals to you, get it.

Shinji, prick who rubs one out to an unconscious girl.

Ayato, gets pole pulled out of his mouth.

...Meh, I'll go with Ayato. In anycase another new Evangelion series coming out anyways, so hopefully Shinji can redeem himself.

[quote name='suko_32']Thanks, ordered one.

The new Eva series is really just 4 movies though. Still excited![/quote]
What exactly is it all about anyways? All i've read is that it's 4 movies long, with new animation and basically a re-telling of the whole series. Or did I just answer my question or do you know more besides that?

*Yes, I'm excited too...*

I know!!! Everytime there is a free tshirt it ends up being a damn extra large...im 5'10" and 170 and i wear a medium its complete crap to think everyone in the US is fuck ing huge. Also, mine shipped today ^_^

[quote name='pete5883']I could never figure out why everyone compared this to Eva. I loved the series though.[/QUOTE]

Mechs? Both released by ADV?

I watched the first episode that was on some promo I got a few years ago. I liked it, but I never bit. Is it really that much better than Eva? As of now, Eva is my all-time favorite...

heh. I put this in the anime thread the other day, as I know whenever I make a new thread it's always a repost. No one seems to have noticed my post though. Ah well.

[quote name='furyk']It's Eva without Shinji. If that appeals to you, get it.[/quote]Eva without any of their characters appeals to me.

Don't buy this. At the next ADV sale, just buy the movie + awesome collector's box for $9 shipped.

Why would you want the Rahxephon t-shirt if you've never seen the show?

having seen both I have to say I much prefer EVA. Rahxephon got way to freaking abstract at the end was left most of the time going hurh? Still for a fiver and some change it's a steal.

r1s3n

[quote name='WebScud']I watched the first episode that was on some promo I got a few years ago. I liked it, but I never bit. Is it really that much better than Eva? As of now, Eva is my all-time favorite...[/QUOTE]
The first episode or 3 is really not typical of the rest of the series.

bread's done
Back