Rainbow Six: Vegas - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Trakan'] Anyone who thinks it's too of a much hassle to make a EUR/JPN account just to download it is dead wrong. Do it.[/QUOTE]
Asshole. I told you.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I just got the demo and was definitely pleased that it feels like Rainbow Six again after the last few debacles. I like though that in some ways it feels a little like SWAT. I'm not a fan of the Halo style health, but I saw there was an option for realistic difficulty so maybe that'll deal with that.

I need to start looking for more details on the single player length and such a little more now. The demo makes this seem purchase worthy again.[/QUOTE]

SWAT 4 was one of my favorite PC games of the last few years... if this reminds you of that game then it's definitely worth my checking out, I've never been a Rainbow Six fan but just hearing it compared to SWAT has got me excited.

Come on guys how can you not subscribe to OXM? The best part of being a subscriber is knowing you won't get the magazine until the issue has been on store shelves a couple weeks. :D

Demo was awesome. There were a few drops in the frame rate at times, but I was still impressed by the demo. I wasn't a fan of any of the Tom Clancy stuff on Xbox, but so far GRAW, Double Agent, and this are great. Too bad TRU's B2G1 didn't run in November.

[quote name='Roufuss']SWAT 4 was one of my favorite PC games of the last few years... if this reminds you of that game then it's definitely worth my checking out, I've never been a Rainbow Six fan but just hearing it compared to SWAT has got me excited.[/QUOTE]

Well, you might not want to get too excited. I've played SWAT, but not a whole lot. So some might not agree with me. I guess the comparison for me is in level design not being as linear as the old Rainbow Six games and I felt being able to mark enemies and the breaching was a little more like SWAT.

I don't know about the "OMFG!!!BEST DEMO EVAR!!!" posts, but it was fun and solid. Should be a great buy, especially with 4 player co-op.

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']I know. It forces me to use my available one month trial.[/quote]
the one month trial is free whenever you create a new silver account. But there might be a limit to how many you can do.

Just created a Japanese account. Ill get the demo in the morning.

[quote name='coolieman2001']taking forever to download :([/QUOTE]

Of course it is, they think you're in Germany or somewhere so the download is probably coming from Latvia.

[quote name='jalu6']Of course it is, they think you're in Germany or somewhere so the download is probably coming from Latvia.[/QUOTE]

My DL took like 30 minutes...

[quote name='Maynard']good game just trying to figure out how to get the guys to do shit is weird.[/QUOTE]

You just press "A" to choose them where to go. If there is a ladder or something click A on that and they will go on it. The Door and Rapple Window part you hit either Up Left or Right on the D Pad to choose and Action. For the Door. Left will place a breaching charge on the door. Right will Open door then Frag room. Up will just open door. Simple stuff.

I don't know why people are complaining about framerates, I found them quite good. However I was getting pauses in between gameplay moments (especially when switching weapons).

The Framerate is by no means worse than Oblivion.

Wow.

This game has bumped GoW off the top of my "most wanted" list. I knew I'd enjoy it because of the setting, but because I was kind of lukewarm towards GRAW I didn't know if it would pan out. But man, this game rules. The control is SO good compared to GRAW. I'm on this one on day 1.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the demo also....I'll have to get used to all the controls again, but the game seems really good....kinda GRAW-ish.

The OXM disc was ok too....Actually played Just Cause demo again and found it fun. Unlocked content was lame though....unless you want some SC Gamerpics.

Hopefully RS:Vegas improves a bit, the framerate suffered in one spot badly.

[quote name='Murcielago77']i cant download this damn demo, i keep getting an error, on both a japanese and a german account[/QUOTE]
I got an error too, had to try again then it worked.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I got an error too, had to try again then it worked.[/QUOTE]

i just tried again and still get the same error.

The download could not be complete. Please try again later. Any points you used for this transaction have already been deducted from your balance and will not be deducted again.

Status code: 80070003

and i looked up that status code thing, and its because of lack of space, but i have 6gb of space on my hard drive

Really short single player has me wanting to rent it/beat it, then see if the online play is worth keeping it. The demo was fun but I got one to many short single player games I thought I really wanted due to a demo/mag/net/friends.

The demo was a lot of fun, but the framerate stuttered like Milton... I'm going to wait and see if they fix that before I buy it.

I didn't like it that much. Like it's been mentioned, the frame rate just plain sucks (which is one of the few graphical problems that really turns me off.)

aside from that, it just seemed like GRAW but in a 1st person view and not nearly as fun since you have less control over your team and surroundings.

The demo was ok. I was kind of expecting it to be much better, but it's just a demo. Kind of disappointed that you don't have much control over what your teammates can do, and I still can't believe after all this time (unless I'm missing something), you can't move your squad members individually. Regardless of where I tell them to take cover, one of the idiots stays out in the open and gets his ass shot. It's a squad-based shooter for crying out loud, and I think it'd allow for much more tactical scenarios if that was possible.

But whatever, it's fun nonetheless.

The game was pretty good but I don't see how everyone on CAG is wetting their pants over the demo atleast. The control was as good as past Rainbow Six games but the graphics were under whelming (although I have a SDTV) and I didn't feel it was above and beyond what I last played of Black Arrow, where as Ghost Recon was a huge step up.

I still want this game but I can't decide if I want to get this or Gears of War more.

I really liked the demo. I got in on the Amazon price mistake/glitch and wanted to make sure it was going to be worth the $40. From what I saw it looks great and that's not taking multi-player into account.

bread's done
Back