(Randomly OOS @ EB.com) Paper Mario (GC) $20 at EB B&M & EB.com - Back at $30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would they accept a copy of the rebate coupon? The EB I got my copy from didn't have the catalogs out, so if someone could scan the coupon that would rock. Thanks.

[quote name='jshorr']So this deal is still good in-store then?[/QUOTE]
Good in-store as well. I picked up the last copy at my EB yesterday. The employee there also mentioned that it was a sale price and not a price drop.

[quote name='javeryh']yeah, that's not going to cut it. It's not $30 in savings - it's $20 wasted on a game I never planed on picking up in the first place but now that it's kind of cheap I couldn't help myself because I can't seem to pass up a deal no matter how many games are piling up that I'll never have time to play... it's a serious problem.[/QUOTE]

i was able to make it out of EB without Paper Mario since they couldn't give me a sealed copy. Acouple of days later the Baiten Kaitos shrike sold me showed up. Since then I've thought about buying Paper Mario, but with a new game getting my attention I'm able to resist. Lately I've managed to maintain about the same number of games in my "inventory" by trading and selling, but I just can't bring myself to add to my stock since alot of it is unplayed...basically I'm getting new/used games for the price of shipping, so it is little more justifiable to everyone that has their hands on my money like me wife and kids.:lol:

[quote name='XClaude']this thread and this game is ruining my life....

I have finals comming in roughly 1 and 1/2 weeks... and... becuase of this thread, I picked up a copy and couldn't put down the controller from 8pm to 8am yesterday.... T_T[/QUOTE]

What's up, Paper Mario life-wrecking buddy?

I just got back from EB. I picked up the catalog with the voucher. They didn't have any PMs in stock, so I'll have to try another one sometime soon. Just in case anyone was wondering, this deal is good until June 30, so as long as you have your catalog thing you are good for the next month. Thanks for the info OP.

[quote name='David85']How do you know how many copies are left?[/QUOTE]

Put 100 as the item quantity, if there's 100 or more, it'll let you put 100 there. If not, it'll fix the quantity to match what they have on-hand.

Damn they sell fast. 3-4 hours ago there were over 100. I just spent $66 yesterday at Overstock because of the 15% off, so I still have to wait for a price drop. I'm hoping Nintendo is smart enough to drop the price of games before the Xbox 360 comes out. So I can get Mario Tennis, and Mario Kart.

I got my Paper Mario in store today. It was a display copy but a fre game is a free game IMO. I'll stick the voucher thing in the mailbox tomorrow and wait. Now I have to figure out what I'll do with the Gift Card. Hopefully this'll happen with another good game.

I ordered Paper Mario from EBgames yesterday and it's been shipped. What is this about a voucher? Do I need to pick it up from a physical EB and can I use it even though I ordered it online and not at the retail store? Details please. :)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

We already went through this. The voucher will only normally work in store, and some stores had already said they will not let people use them.

You have to get the thing in store and mail it out.

Really don't understand why ppl are still talking a/b the voucher. If you bought it for $20, you're NOT getting the voucher. It's that simple. You're still getting a great game, but EB won't send you a voucher.

You can send it in, but many ppl here have called EB HQ and they've been very explicit in that they will not honor the voucher for anyone, regardless of what you say.

just to clear things up since i work at EB:

I read the email we got the other day and it works like this. You buy the game in the store, and it rings up at 20$ (basically until whenever they decide to end the promotion) and at that price the rebate does not work. The 20$ rebate voucher only works if you purchase it at it's retail price of $49.99, bringing it down to $29.99. The customer has their choice, although it rings through at the lower price, and the email was quite explicit when it came to indicating that the 20$ was a better deal... duh.

rebate does not work online, and (once again) only in the store if you actually pay 49.99 for the game. I'd recommend going with the 20$.

~Stew

Even though it's a little early to go on anything, has anyone by any chance gotten a B&M EB to make up for their phony rebate by giving them a gift voucher or SOME store credit, or anything?

At this point, I think it is confirmed that no vouchers will be given out and no concession will be offered.

The ad was not misrepresented; it was clearly listing 49.99 as the price and the coupon text excluded special offers. Corporate even sent out an e-mail to employees stating this, so as not to deceive customers.

I expect to get my rejection notice in the mail soon, and I won't be calling or complaining.

Damn it Paul, you make too much sense.

/sarcasm

As customers, we have a duty to pretend we're stupid, jump up & down, and demand we get Paper Mario for $19.99 - $20 = Free, even though we know the voucher excludes sale prices.

/end sarcasm

Yea but what about the customers that bought it pre-corporate email and were told by employees about the deal and bought it for that reason?

The terms and conditions of the rebate coupon specified no conditions regarding purchase price. EB should honor the coupon. If they don't, it's not really legal; I wish I'd made a photocopy of the receipt before sending it in, but I've had no problems with EB in the past.

[quote name='eldad9']The terms and conditions of the rebate coupon specified no conditions regarding purchase price. EB should honor the coupon. If they don't, it's not really legal; I wish I'd made a photocopy of the receipt before sending it in, but I've had no problems with EB in the past.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing illegal about what EB is doing. A company always has the right to nig a deal/offer if it finds something is misrepresented. If the law worked your way, then every store that misprints an ad would need to honor it. We all know here that while a few slip through the cracks, stores stop deals whenever they feel like it. If you're angered by this, then just don't shop at EB anymore -- plain and simple.

Bait and switch is only criminal in a few states, and the law hardly holds up in court (usu. only for big ticket items), so while this is a mistake on EB's part, they have enough wiggle-room in the voucher to not honor this -- and clearly, that is the company's intent.

[quote name='eldad9']The terms and conditions of the rebate coupon specified no conditions regarding purchase price. EB should honor the coupon. If they don't, it's not really legal; I wish I'd made a photocopy of the receipt before sending it in, but I've had no problems with EB in the past.[/QUOTE]

Oh shut up...

It's not illegel, they can do it if they want. Maybe next time because so many of you little fuckers are complaining they just won't do any deals at all.

By the way it is back in stock. It seems that they do a certain number every morning (somewhere over 100) and then when it runs out during the day the deal ends for the day.

Off Topic: How many of you have gotten to the Glitz Pit sequence yet? One of my favorite sequences in any RPG to date! Rawk Hawk is fantastically "Macho Man Randy Savage-esque".

I'm going to go ahead and send in my receipt and the rebate form to see what happens. I figure I'm gambling a 37 cent stamp for a potential payoff of $20. I was going to buy it anyway, so we'll see if EB further rewards me for being a regular customer.

same here, I want my receipt back! I better get a rebate. Or at least my receipt back so I can return it.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']I'm going to go ahead and send in my receipt and the rebate form to see what happens. I figure I'm gambling a 37 cent stamp for a potential payoff of $20. I was going to buy it anyway, so we'll see if EB further rewards me for being a regular customer.[/QUOTE]

And you are one of the smart ones. You aren't trying to rip the store off and you aren't whining. There is still a chance some will get the game for free.

If you didn't want the game and can't get it for free, tuff. Someone else could have gotten it when they really did want it.

[quote name='David85']And you are one of the smart ones. You aren't trying to rip the store off and you aren't whining. There is still a chance some will get the game for free.

If you didn't want the game and can't get it for free, tuff. Someone else could have gotten it when they really did want it.[/QUOTE]

Cry me a river

[quote name='eldad9']The terms and conditions of the rebate coupon specified no conditions regarding purchase price. EB should honor the coupon. [/QUOTE]

"Can not be combined with other offers or sales" is what the coupon says..... therefore it can't be used with a Paper Mario sale.

troy

Stop with the petty bickering that's dragging this topic off-topic.

Good way to get a good and usable thread locked because it's nothing but infighting.

So you think I can advertise, say, an MP3 player for $100 with a $30 rebate, then refuse to honor the rebate, and let my customers get stuck paying the full amount? nothing illegal about that?

Wow you really are a dumbass.

What they are advertising is a $50 Paper Mario with a $20 voucher. They even say the price it should be after the rebate is $30.

You don't like the fact, too bad. Take it too court and see how fast you lose.

The rebate coupon did not specify any particular purchase price.

I don't know what ad you're referring to, but I haven't seen it.

Furthermore, I asked the sales associate what the price was, and mentioned that I was going to use the rebate form.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']I'm going to go ahead and send in my receipt and the rebate form to see what happens. I figure I'm gambling a 37 cent stamp for a potential payoff of $20. I was going to buy it anyway, so we'll see if EB further rewards me for being a regular customer.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing the same. I've been wanting Paper Mario since it came out, loved the N64 version, and for $20 the GC version is a steal. I stopped and found a May catalog in a different EB today and will be sending out the rebate in hopes of getting a $20 gift card. If not, I still got a great game at an awesome price.

The coupon didn't, but it wa son the page before.

Go ahead and sue them if you don't like it. I would love to but a face behide the dumbass.

I doubt anyone would really sue anyone over this, but you can probably get the 20$ if you come back on it.
Ive gotten a $20 gift card before because of a nub employee during a trade in . I specifically asked him if some trade in games would apply to the promotion and he went into the computer and told which ones would and which ones wouldnt. I drove home and got the games and came back, and the same employee told me they wouldnt work. I just emailed corporate, told them what happened, and they have me the $20 (what i wouldve gotten for the games that didnt trade in):bouncy:

EB seems to like regular customers(which i am)

Aight. I got myself the game but I couldn't find the stupid catalogue with the voucher in it. So questions:

1) does anyone think a photocopy of the voucher form would be acceptable

and

2) could I trouble anyone to make a scan of said voucher form

If not, I'm not gonna cry. Its not like getting Paper Mario for 20 bucks ISN'T a good deal unto itself.

[quote name='electrictroy']"Can not be combined with other offers or sales" is what the coupon says..... therefore it can't be used with a Paper Mario sale.

troy[/QUOTE]Nothing on the coupon or on the game specifies that $20 is a sale price. Plenty of consumers could be buying the game banking on the $20 credit (which wouldn't even make it free, btw) and not getting it if EB doesn't honor the coupon. EB could have retracted the magazines, posted that the coupon wasn't good in-store, or simply chosen not to drop the price. If it doesn't honor the coupon, it's a bait-and-switch, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back