Rayman Origins $19.99 with Free Shipping at Toys R Us

hqn101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Enjoying the game so far. It wouldn't have been worth full price IMO, but for 20 I'm fine with it. I'm just generally not a fan of platformers, but this is enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing Super Mario 3D land along with this and they are both very inventive in how they approach it.

I wonder if people are too cool for mario anymore but 3D Land is fantastic.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Enjoying the game so far. It wouldn't have been worth full price IMO, but for 20 I'm fine with it. I'm just generally not a fan of platformers, but this is enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

You're not a fan of platformers but you're enjoying it, says it all.
It's a great game, wish there were more 2-d platformers like this released.
Great attention to details, awesome soundtrack/visuals.

I was hesitant to buy it, because the last platformer I bought(Little Big Planet) I didn't get what all the hype was all about. I understand you could download everyone's levels and stuff, but I got bored of that rather quickly. The single player was nothing all that special.

The platforming elements in this are just 100 times better. I know this game wasn't designed to be a major online-based title like LBP was, but I just find it a lot more fun.

[quote name='8bitArtist']lets be honest here, the platforming in LBP is fucking terrible. i hated how floaty those controls were.[/QUOTE]

Completely, totally agree.

[quote name='8bitArtist']lets be honest here, the platforming in LBP is fucking terrible. i hated how floaty those controls were.[/QUOTE]

I agree too. Everyone raved about LBP and I just didn't like it one bit.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Don't forget the 'adult-like things doing' subliminal wizard! :whistle2:#:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after playing this game, I have an incredible urge to hump a giant beaker, and not the one from the muppets.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I was hesitant to buy it, because the last platformer I bought(Little Big Planet) I didn't get what all the hype was all about. I understand you could download everyone's levels and stuff, but I got bored of that rather quickly. The single player was nothing all that special.

The platforming elements in this are just 100 times better. I know this game wasn't designed to be a major online-based title like LBP was, but I just find it a lot more fun.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me of when I first got on here and people were raving about the $14.99 BlazBlu Continuum Shift. I bought it & played it once. :whistle2:#

Different games for different people...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']That reminds me of when I first got on here and people were raving about the $14.99 BlazBlu Continuum Shift. I bought it & played it once. :whistle2:#

Different games for different people...[/QUOTE]

Blazblue is awesome! I just don't play it as much because I suck at fighting games. :p

[quote name='dmdragon']I agree too. Everyone raved about LBP and I just didn't like it one bit.[/QUOTE]

I remember the hype when LBP and KZ3 were supposed to be "console sellers". Nope.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the demo of this game but no way I am paying $20 for this game when this will be the MSRP in 3 months or so. I can wait for a Black Friday deal for $9.99.

[quote name='oasisboy']I remember the hype when LBP and KZ3 were supposed to be "console sellers". Nope.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the demo of this game but no way I am paying $20 for this game when this will be the MSRP in 3 months or so. I can wait for a Black Friday deal for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that's true within three months MSRP will probably be $19.99 anyway. That's why I'm on the fence about it. If I do get it though ill play the game and put it ahead of other backlog.

[quote name='oasisboy']I remember the hype when LBP and KZ3 were supposed to be "console sellers". Nope.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the demo of this game but no way I am paying $20 for this game when this will be the MSRP in 3 months or so. I can wait for a Black Friday deal for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

I didn't much like the KZ or Resistance series either.

Things vary no matter where you go, and anything can be a "console seller" depending on the person.

I've never really been one to buy into hype that I didn't create, so I don't come off disappointed or critical of what someone recommended. Then again, I don't remember the last time I actually listened to someone's recommendation; I follow video games far too much.

I understand that this isn't a feasible approach for everyone, but I often wonder what allows hype to continue to matter after things don't live up to expectations. Has anything ever been universally liked?

It was interesting how TRU ran this deal. By putting the game on a "word of mouth sale," often times not even marking down until it was scanned at the register, the game seems relatively picked over with the "official" sale only about to start. Very weird, but they opened the shelf space.

[quote name='preston181']Got my copy in the mail today. Pretty good game, frustrating as hell in some parts. Worth the $20 for sure.[/QUOTE]

This is an understatement at times. It's definitely a good game, though. Well worth the $30 I paid for it the week prior.

My paper doesn't have a toys r us ad this week. So much sadness.

no price match for me I guess. I can wait.

really? you're going to wait 11 months to save $10?

[quote name='RockoMan']Called the TRU in my area the one 45 min away was the only one to have Rayman for PS3. They said "We have a huge stack of them for the PS3." I showed up and they have zero in stock. Only for Wii and 360 left. They told me that they probably sold out from the hour I called until then. I called corporate explained what happened and now I'm getting a $50 gift card. Not really complaining, just sharing my experience.[/QUOTE]

45 min drive? at least 20 miles to there and 20 back maybe more? at least $6 in gas? What made it worthwhile to even consider driving and not buying it for $30 and getting free shipping?

[quote name='AgentW']My paper doesn't have a toys r us ad this week. So much sadness.

no price match for me I guess. I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Walmart pricematches.with weekly circular printouts. Not a product page, has to be the circular. I take front page and the page its on.

My backlog + Rayman Origins was a huge commercial flop + Retailers have excess copies they are desperately trying to get rid of + 1 month and already at $20 =

inceptionheader.jpg

$10. Willing to wait.

I want to get this but I want Rayman Origins on the PSV instead. I'll just hold out. If it can be played via RemotePlay smoothly than I'll get it now.

[quote name='Arakias']45 min drive? at least 20 miles to there and 20 back maybe more? at least $6 in gas? What made it worthwhile to even consider driving and not buying it for $30 and getting free shipping?[/QUOTE]

More like 20 minutes away and 25 extra minutes sitting in traffic. Plus I wanted it that day.

Went and picked it up in store; I didn't think the sale price would be the same in store as online, I thought I would have to have it matched. I know it's been said a million times but this game really is beautiful. So worth it for $22.

it really is a good pick up at this price new, dunno why but the backlog grows. Was actually thinking about starting either saints row 2 or gta 4 tonight but alas all 3 are still sealed.

[quote name='akir']really? you're going to wait 11 months to save $10?[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Sometimes being cheap can be taken a bit extreme. I agree that that was a ridiculous statement.

Probably already in this monster of a thread...I heard the game was permanently price dropping to $30 retail anyhow, so $20 isn't fantastic, but I did bite on this deal...price matched at Best Buy when I got my copies of Red Dead GOTY and LA Noire Complete for $30 each [also not super awesome given other deals on those but I cleaned up in the B2G2 so can't complain too much].

BB called to verify that it was in stock, which is lame imo. So if it's out of stock at another store, you're seriously going to turn away a customer from a price match? Very stupid. If the other store didn't have it in stock and I came to your store for it instead, and you don't honor the price match, you just told me as a customer that I shouldn't come to your store. If I'm a store owner, I want the other store running the deal to run out of stock so I can steal away their customers on my stock. Anyhow...

[quote name='pwnthee']Probably already in this monster of a thread...I heard the game was permanently price dropping to $30 retail anyhow, so $20 isn't fantastic, but I did bite on this deal...price matched at Best Buy when I got my copies of Red Dead GOTY and LA Noire Complete for $30 each [also not super awesome given other deals on those but I cleaned up in the B2G2 so can't complain too much].

BB called to verify that it was in stock, which is lame imo. So if it's out of stock at another store, you're seriously going to turn away a customer from a price match? Very stupid. If the other store didn't have it in stock and I came to your store for it instead, and you don't honor the price match, you just told me as a customer that I shouldn't come to your store. If I'm a store owner, I want the other store running the deal to run out of stock so I can steal away their customers on my stock. Anyhow...[/QUOTE]

Ya, if its a $40 discount and over 65% off they should definitely call in

Just wanted to say, had my wife pick this up Saturday based on the price. Decided to take a break from Skyrim and Saints Row, by popping this in. This game is amazing. Its been awhile since I played a good platformer. Reminds me if why I started gaming in the first play. Never played the other Rayman games. Are they similar?

[quote name='SeanTM22']Ya, if its a $40 discount and over 65% off they should definitely call in[/QUOTE]

Uhh...to verify that it's a sale, sure. To see if they have the item in stock or not, no. Stupid business move.

Well, Gamestop and Amazon have this listed at $30 now as a Price Drop. Guess it is going to that price at retail after all. So now it's a $10 discount, strategically timed to coincide with the price drop. And that is a smart move on TRU's part.

[quote name='pwnthee']Uhh...to verify that it's a sale, sure. To see if they have the item in stock or not, no. Stupid business move.

Well, Gamestop and Amazon have this listed at $30 now as a Price Drop. Guess it is going to that price at retail after all. So now it's a $10 discount, strategically timed to coincide with the price drop. And that is a smart move on TRU's part.[/QUOTE]Stupid business move? LOL. I'm not even going to try to convince you since you obviously know how to run a business. Especially, since you've never heard of a company calling a competitor to verify stock on an item that is on sale, discounted, etc.

I just looked on Amazon and GameStop and you are incorrect. There is no notation of a price drop but rather, a discount from the MSRP. It's very clear when you look at each item. There is no way to misunderstand that.

I've been loving this game so far, almost got the Platinum. My only gripe with the game is that occasionally when playing the mosquito levels or the swimming levels, the controls will all of a sudden stop responding, causing you to die. Other than that, great game.

[quote name='spmahn']I've been loving this game so far, almost got the Platinum. My only gripe with the game is that occasionally when playing the mosquito levels or the swimming levels, the controls will all of a sudden stop responding, causing you to die. Other than that, great game.[/QUOTE]
Sounds pretty annoying, is it the :360: version or the :ps3:?

[quote name='spmahn']Ps3[/QUOTE]

Are you using a sixaxis or dualshock? I had issues with many PS3 games where the controls would stop responding for a few seconds occasionally until I finally got a dualshock last year.

[quote name='spmahn']Ps3[/QUOTE]

Are you playing using port 1, or do you have anything plugged in a USB port? I read something about a similar glitch and they found out it was because of their controller setup.

Back in stock online at TRU for the xbox. I went to my local TRU last week and they were completely cleaned out of this game on all three platforms, nice to see they restocked for shipping. I've got a huge backlog, but I'm inclined to buy at this price to support the devs since everyone is saying how great of a game this is. Hopefully it gets here soon!

Got the xbox version through this deal a while back and have really been enjoying the game - fun, not too hard, awesome graphics and sound!

Thanks for the head's up that this is back in stock for shipping on 360 and PS3. I ordered a 360 copy. I was waiting for shipping to be available again so I could use my $10 for $20 Google Offer on this. $11.38 after paying Google $10 and $1.38 to TRU. Thanks OP!

[quote name='erickdj']Back in stock online at TRU for the xbox. I went to my local TRU last week and they were completely cleaned out of this game on all three platforms, nice to see they restocked for shipping. I've got a huge backlog, but I'm inclined to buy at this price to support the devs since everyone is saying how great of a game this is. Hopefully it gets here soon![/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting for it to come back in stock for the 360.

bread's done
Back