Rayman Origins $19.99 with Free Shipping at Toys R Us

hqn101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Foladar']Just curious but how many hours would you estimate it at?[/QUOTE]
Jeez, I don't know. I got the game last Thursday and I tore it up 6 days. My stats for january arent up on my xbox rewards site, but I would estimate about 12-15 hours for full annihilation, but of course dependent on skill since it gets challenging when you start grinding for trophies and collectibles.

Ordered this when it was in stock. Got an email saying it was backordered an hour later. Just got my cancellation email now. Looks like I'll have to try in store tomorrow, if not maybe price match but I'm lazy.

Wow, I bought this game today. I regret nothing. Played the first level and had a blast. Though, I promised that's all I would play till my gf got home.

(Also sexy fairies)

[quote name='Arakias']Ordered this when it was in stock. Got an email saying it was backordered an hour later. Just got my cancellation email now. Looks like I'll have to try in store tomorrow, if not maybe price match but I'm lazy.[/QUOTE]

Had the exact same thing happen to me. I can get it in store but I was able to get a better price online since I could use my Rewards Dollars to get $5 off that aren't good in store anymore. I figured now I would go in with a printout of my order and give them the whole "I called corporate and they said I could get this price" line to see if it works because the receipt simply says $14.99 without mention of a coupon or anything.

[quote name='Daring']good game but a bit short. roughly 5-6 games of gameplay from start to finish.[/QUOTE]

I think 5-6 games in one game is anything but short.

the case of my wii (but that's not the point) copy arrived cracked from TRU.com. the nice CSR @ b/m was willing to do a swap out b/c i didn't open it. and the damaged copy? it went back on the shelf!

[quote name='Daring']good game but a bit short. roughly 5-6 games of gameplay from start to finish.[/QUOTE]

the game essentially could be not even 2 hours long if you speed run through the whole thing.

try getting the plat/1000 and itll probably bump it up to 20 hours.

Hadn't Really played my copy much, so I was a little annoyed this morning when I found that the box was bending funny at the bind, so I said screw it. Took it down to Pembroke Pines, FL TRU and exchanged it, easy peasey. Also, for anyone looking for ps3 copies, they had a few. Just a heads up.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Hadn't Really played my copy much, so I was a little annoyed this morning when I found that the box was bending funny at the bind, so I said screw it. Took it down to Pembroke Pines, FL TRU and exchanged it, easy peasey. Also, for anyone looking for ps3 copies, they had a few. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

954 represent!

This game is full of replay. If you played it straight through you missed quite a bit. It's like the old SNES Mario games - quite a few hidden pathways/secret areas.

[quote name='InvaderZim']This game is full of replay. If you played it straight through you missed quite a bit. It's like the old SNES Mario games - quite a few hidden pathways/secret areas.[/QUOTE]

Also, go back and do all the time trials and try to get all the medals for each and every level. Like someone else mentioned, at least 20 hours.

I wouldn't say 20 hours. I 1000/1000 gamescored it and got everything in the game. 15 hours is on the high end imo, but for 20 bucks, the content feels heavy.

I apologize in advance since I'm sure it was answered earlier, but can I go to a B&M TRU and pick it up for $20? I found a gift card I thought I lost and would love to pick this up.

[quote name='prateeko']I apologize in advance since I'm sure it was answered earlier, but can I go to a B&M TRU and pick it up for $20? I found a gift card I thought I lost and would love to pick this up.[/QUOTE]

yes you can. Go now!:)

[quote name='prateeko']I apologize in advance since I'm sure it was answered earlier, but can I go to a B&M TRU and pick it up for $20? I found a gift card I thought I lost and would love to pick this up.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Its on sale until 1/28

[quote name='chriscolbert']Had the exact same thing happen to me. I can get it in store but I was able to get a better price online since I could use my Rewards Dollars to get $5 off that aren't good in store anymore. I figured now I would go in with a printout of my order and give them the whole "I called corporate and they said I could get this price" line to see if it works because the receipt simply says $14.99 without mention of a coupon or anything.[/QUOTE]

Well they did price match the $14.99 amount in-store for me, so that was pretty cool. I just took a printout of the original email confirmation and the cancellation email that both simply stated:

Description: XB360 RAYMAN ORIGINS
Quantity/Price: 1 @ $14.99

Even better is that my $4 Rewards Dollars were still good, so bonus!

For anyone on the fence, pick it up, especially at 20. I bought for $35 a month ago, and I don't feel cheated at all. It's a lot of fun, is definitely addictive, and has some really challenging parts. I certainly won't declare it one of the greatest platformers ever, but it is very good and probably the best non-Nintendo/Rare platformer I've ever played.

[quote name='ivana89']the case of my wii (but that's not the point) copy arrived cracked from TRU.com. the nice CSR @ b/m was willing to do a swap out b/c i didn't open it. and the damaged copy? it went back on the shelf![/QUOTE]

If only my B/m TRU had copies left....what to do...

[quote name='chriscolbert']Even better is that my $4 Rewards Dollars were still good, so bonus![/QUOTE]

Has anyone else been able to get their RewardsRUs dollars to apply? Apparently, corporate changed the exclusions starting with the new year so that anything video game related is now excluded. Not to mention, the dollars are only good in-store.

Now I'm stuck as to what to do with them. Any ideas?

[quote name='nuuuuj']Has anyone else been able to get their RewardsRUs dollars to apply? Apparently, corporate changed the exclusions starting with the new year so that anything video game related is now excluded. Not to mention, the dollars are only good in-store.

Now I'm stuck as to what to do with them. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]I was able to use a coupon code for an online order. I got my new coupons, last night, and tried them today. They also work but only take a maximum of $5 off. Even if they are worth more and they can't be combined.

I got a canceled order from Toysrus for this game and its been 7 days. When will I ever get my money back? I called Toyrsus and they said it was canceled on there end. I called paypal and they give me the same old bullshit about I should contact Toysrus, but when I did they told me to contact paypal. I used my paypal debit card.

Bought the last PS3 copy at the South St. Louis County TRU as they were out on 360 and I spent 30 minutes looking up stuff on my IPhone and could not find any major difference between the PS360 versions other than the PS3 version was brighter. Combine that with a better D-Pad and no online play and I just bought that instead of having to spend a bunch of money in gas driving to the other store 20 miles away to get a 360 copy.

[quote name='ivana89']the case of my wii (but that's not the point) copy arrived cracked from TRU.com. the nice CSR @ b/m was willing to do a swap out b/c i didn't open it. and the damaged copy? it went back on the shelf![/QUOTE]
Not everyone cares about cracked cases. I mean, it's just a piece of plastic that helps protect the disc. Besides, they're cheap/easy to replace.

Yeah I just got my 10% Rewards Dollars for the holidays when I bought the $125 Wii with $25 gift card. It only credited me for $10 though, not $12.50. I guess they only give them out in $5 increments though, since they sent me two $5 coupons.

Also it says videogames excluded, so lame. I know someone said one worked on the site though, but did anyone get two to work on one game? I already purchased this game, but I might purchase another just to sell or trade if I can use both of the coupons. They give you these rewards and then won't let you use them on games, that's so ridiculous.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well they did price match the $14.99 amount in-store for me, so that was pretty cool. I just took a printout of the original email confirmation and the cancellation email that both simply stated:

Description: XB360 RAYMAN ORIGINS
Quantity/Price: 1 @ $14.99

Even better is that my $4 Rewards Dollars were still good, so bonus![/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it worked out for you!
My store didnt even have anymore.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Bought the last PS3 copy at the South St. Louis County TRU as they were out on 360 and I spent 30 minutes looking up stuff on my IPhone and could not find any major difference between the PS360 versions other than the PS3 version was brighter. Combine that with a better D-Pad and no online play and I just bought that instead of having to spend a bunch of money in gas driving to the other store 20 miles away to get a 360 copy.[/QUOTE]PS3 version doesn't have 5.1 surround sound, 360 version does.

[quote name='shrike4242']PS3 version doesn't have 5.1 surround sound, 360 version does.[/QUOTE]
WTF, why would you exclude 5.1 on the PS3. It's not like they ran out of room for a proper surround mix. Given the poor sales of the game I'd be shocked if they released a patch to address the issue either...

[quote name='prateeko']WTF, why would you exclude 5.1 on the PS3. It's not like they ran out of room for a proper surround mix. Given the poor sales of the game I'd be shocked if they released a patch to address the issue either...[/QUOTE]

mailto:[email protected]

Probably worth asking them, as I don't know why you'd forget 5.1 sound on any game these days.

I mean, it is a 2D platformer, though no reason not to give some good surround sound for atmosphere.

[quote name='Hollywood']I know someone said one worked on the site though, but did anyone get two to work on one game?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='robodaddyo']I was able to use a coupon code for an online order. I got my new coupons, last night, and tried them today. They also work but only take a maximum of $5 off. Even if they are worth more and they can't be combined.[/QUOTE];)

[quote name='robodaddyo'];)[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Got it working. I have another code if anyone wants to trade some Club Nintendo codes for it.

Called the TRU in my area the one 45 min away was the only one to have Rayman for PS3. They said "We have a huge stack of them for the PS3." I showed up and they have zero in stock. Only for Wii and 360 left. They told me that they probably sold out from the hour I called until then. I called corporate explained what happened and now I'm getting a $50 gift card. Not really complaining, just sharing my experience.

[quote name='Naterrs']Damn...I just now see this and it's out of stock? Really? :([/QUOTE]

it's been a week since the sale started. so yes, really.

[quote name='Naterrs']Damn...I just now see this and it's out of stock? Really? :([/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry. Games like this, while probaly a fun little ride, tend to flood the trade in market a few months after realease. I would say you could get it under $20, used at least, very soon.

[quote name='RockoMan']Called the TRU in my area the one 45 min away was the only one to have Rayman for PS3. They said "We have a huge stack of them for the PS3." I showed up and they have zero in stock. Only for Wii and 360 left. They told me that they probably sold out from the hour I called until then. I called corporate explained what happened and now I'm getting a $50 gift card. Not really complaining, just sharing my experience.[/QUOTE]

:O I'll trade ya :p

Up to 4 players and no online multiplayer. Someone cost them millions. I like how he does his 3 punch move if you keep pressing the punch button.

0/2 i give up. i guess everyone has a ps3 nowadays.

wish i would have heard about this earlier i would have went sunday instead of wednesday and friday.

[quote name='shrike4242']PS3 version doesn't have 5.1 surround sound, 360 version does.[/QUOTE]

For the record the PS3 version outputs 7.1 LPCM, however audio only comes out of the left and right speakers. It's been reported that the 360 version is also the same in which it outputs 5.1 Dolby Digital, but sound only comes out of the left and right speakers. Neither versions have surround sound.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Up to 4 players and no online multiplayer. Someone cost them millions. I like how he does his 3 punch move if you keep pressing the punch button.[/QUOTE]

probably cuz of all those condom monsters!!!! :roll:

Finally got around to getting this today, my local TRU had a bunch of 360 copies, and only 3 or so PS3 copies.

Good day.

[quote name='8bitArtist']probably cuz of all those condom monsters!!!! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the 'adult-like things doing' subliminal wizard! :whistle2:#:D

Enjoying the game so far. It wouldn't have been worth full price IMO, but for 20 I'm fine with it. I'm just generally not a fan of platformers, but this is enjoyable.

bread's done
Back